PDA

View Full Version : Tax problem

ciaran.canney
16-11-13, 10:46
Well lads, I sold a car today but tax is out since 04-13, I never declared it of road as I didn't know at the time was it gonna be broke up or sold non rolling. I can't find log book yet in the house what do ye think I should do about tax?

thetangerine
16-11-13, 12:48
Ya really need to find the tax book pal and once the car is in the new owners name he can declared it off the road from the day the tax book is in his name. Girlfriend did it 4 wks ago on a bmw that had no tax since 1/1/13 nd there was no problems at all at the tax office they were more then helpful. Tis my car but in her name for Insurence reason😉. Just to add she was waiting nearly 3wks for the tax book to come back due to a back log at the moment. Hope dis helps pal

ciaran.canney
16-11-13, 13:27
Cheers buck for the info there fair play, will I get a bill from when it was last taxed and now cos of the new rules do u think or will a change of ownership change all tat?

alan opel
16-11-13, 13:34
U won't get a bill dude the arrears disappear when ownership Is changed!

ciaran.canney
16-11-13, 13:36
Cheers Alan just thinking I would cos of this new tax law and me not having it off the road

thetangerine
16-11-13, 13:38
As Alan said no bill for ya pal. There will b a lot of girlfriends gettin new cars soon me thinks😜

ciaran.canney
16-11-13, 13:47
Haha I know lad 😄 I found the log book there thank god ha cheers lads for the information appreciate it 👍

KenR32
16-11-13, 21:19
was a bit curious about this myself and i came across this article
http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/new-rules-to-exempt-buyers-from-paying-backdated-road-tax-29457934.html

ciaran.canney
17-11-13, 14:28
Cheers for the help lads much appreciated 🚗👍

mick-skyline
17-11-13, 14:59
was a bit curious about this myself and i came across this article
http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/new-rules-to-exempt-buyers-from-paying-backdated-road-tax-29457934.html

Nope its bollox, i was stopped in the missus car with no tax since july,. on the first of this month (couple days after being stopped) stuck it into her sisters name and taxed it there and then from the first no bills and had the disc straight away