PDA

View Full Version : Drift Track in Cavan

turus90
03-09-13, 23:40
Many people drifting in Cavan County ? Good idea to open drift track in Co.Cavan ? What u think about it ? Maybe we will make petition to Cavan Council ?

pole drift
03-09-13, 23:42
Who will pay for it?

turus90
04-09-13, 00:46
it dont have to be fully professional like mondello but something like Goldstone ..... do u think that are big costs to do something like that ? will County Council help in investment like that or will get some money from EU ?

ste
04-09-13, 08:19
Money from the eu??? :-D

Are u on heroin???

Ray09
04-09-13, 08:23
Are you even on this planet?? Just read through some of the previous threads started about this. The way your talking you think it can be thrown together for a few grand! Do some research and think before you post pointless stuff good lad!

Deco84
04-09-13, 10:00
If you build it they will come

NoelB
04-09-13, 10:37
Start saving all your pocket money and if your really good the EU told me they would double what you save but only if ya tidy your room. Id say right now the EU couldnt give two shites about some track for "boy racers" ta go wreck. We owe them enough money and you'd be lucky if a local politician would even listen ta ya. If it was easy there's be one in every county!

LarZ
04-09-13, 11:12
Best not to ask for advice here because most of us have never set up a drift track. Get a real feel for the costs involved from real people who would do the work or sell you the site, etc.

Nobody is going to help you though. People will pay to drive there but in general will not get behind an idea. Even at that they wont pay much. think about insurances too (public liability).

Come up with a real business model but to be honest if you don't already have the premises/land then it's a tough ask. Imagine presenting to the dragons in the dragon's den. That's how most people will treat you.

If you can do it and prove people wrong (like driftland) then you will be worshipped forever more. But it's not easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it.

Gaz
04-09-13, 20:42
Hopefully it will be really cold this winter and all the lakes in cavan will freeze over......then boom 365 seperate drift tracks (especially good for under powered cars)

It'll be best to send out a few AE86's first as there nice and light!

ICE DRIFTING.........FTW:D (***no EU grants required)

DaveM-sport
04-09-13, 21:32
The Scandinavians make good use of ice anyway :p

Often thought how I'd love to do this somewhere on my place but the costs would be insane to make anything half decent such as something like driftland in Scotland.
Then you'd have everybody in the parish against it!

Who knows, maybe my numbers might come up sometime in the euro millions and can pay for the track ad but anybody out that's against it lol

nikkisixx69
04-09-13, 21:39
cavan people paying money for anything??? :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Deco84
04-09-13, 21:59
^^^^^^^^
Bahahahaha

Boguey001
05-09-13, 00:56
They actually tried this before the country went tits up, it didnt get anywhere then so it sure as hell wont get anywere now, anyway even if ya did get a venue it wouldnt last because of the not in my backyard attitude of basically everyone, if ya were looking for somewhere though id say the old stockcar track in mountin lodge would be your best bet, dont know what its like now but some of the lads used to go up there a few years back.