PDA

View Full Version : JustJap.ie Drift Day aftermath

LarZ
30-07-13, 13:48
Firstly I'd like to point out that this day was all Bart (and Emma). I had little/nothing to do with it other than encouraging entries and doing the poster. Seriously well done to the Mondello staff too. Professional as always.

WHAT A DAY! Highlights included:

Joey O Neill shaking his head when he didn't get within a foot of the wall.
Carbo deliberately driving over joey's bumper after joey knocked it off the pit wall.
Passo spin in Bart's MENTAL car
Pulling 3rd gear in the dry with standard power
Suicidal entries on standard lock
Bale tapping which eventually took my minty uras bumper clane off the car. expect to see a wanted ad soon.
Aidan Ryan's roof rack

This was an all round fun day with more seat time than any of us could afford. This track layout is 10 times more fun than the one we did in February.

Definitely want to be involved in the next one, although i'd love to have a missile for it.

haydomiata
30-07-13, 15:25
Agree 100% larz I really enjoyed it passo spins wer so much better with the back corner got chocked by tue amount of smoke from tjs car and then couldn't stop laughing with Aidan going for extreme early entries into Honda wer great Craic and even just doing media on mondello was brilliant getting to stand in the middle of a race track and not a Mart is second to none roll on round 2 Bartfest :)

Dunnedriftin
30-07-13, 19:04
Absolute savage day & hopefully bart will be running another one as it was a great sucess !!

I had a bad start to the day, got 3 laps (2 with fuck'd tie rod spacer hanging off loose) in the morning, got sorted for the afternoon & burned 12 tires!!

Car was going over centre, bit hard to handle but it didnt stop me driving it on! Had a few fast entry's into honda and held them fairly well considering the steering problems so next day it will all be sorted :)

Best time of the day was when i put the Federal RSR's on the back and started making some smoke :) So much easyer to handle a car with good tires but there very grippy!! Hopefully people got a few pic's of me with them on for the few laps they lasted...

cooks86
30-07-13, 22:00
Haha glad ya liked it lars and ya simon couldn stop laughing we pulled off a few of em fella with flag even laughed id say. Had a great day aswell even do i had engine problems allll day but they shud be sorted for next day. Must get somethin to put on the rack suggestions :-D

japman
30-07-13, 22:06
need power need more speed need more mondello ... best driftday I ever went to ... thanks to everyone that helped and most of all thanks to bart for a great day

LarZ
30-07-13, 22:33
Haha glad ya liked it lars and ya simon couldn stop laughing we pulled off a few of em fella with flag even laughed id say. Had a great day aswell even do i had engine problems allll day but they shud be sorted for next day. Must get somethin to put on the rack suggestions :-D

Roofbox to match, same colours as the drift car... mint. or a bicycle.

nikkisixx69
30-07-13, 22:56
BRING BARTFEST TO TYNAGH!!!! i really hope this is the start of something :cool:

Prodrifter86
30-07-13, 22:59
BEST GRASSROOTS EVENT EVER! WURRRRRD!...... what a turn out for Monday . best ive seen in mondello in a good while...... had a blast . slightly underpowered but managed to do the entry into Honda twice without landing in the gravel.. and once was at 70-80mph. what a day. total credit to bart and emma and all the lads involved in the running of the event. getting back the community together was awesome! roll on the next day !

pinny
30-07-13, 23:02
BRING BARTFEST TO TYNAGH!!!! i really hope this is the start of something :cool:

^^^ this! Great demand from local drivers.
The dates from sept 29 to oct 16 would be great dates ! Il b home from oz :) lol !!

bart
31-07-13, 20:54
Want to thank everyone for coming and making it a super day..
So far I've seen nothing but epic pics and smile on people's faces..
Was a great day. Nice and relaxed..
Want to say MASSIVE THANKS to mondello..
Thanks to all the guys too.. John,Lar,Joey, Carbo Derk and Eoin..

Also to all the media on the day..
Some serious pics..
Maybe someone might link them to FB??

Hope to see ye soon on track
Cheers
Bart

mickel
01-08-13, 23:01
Had a great day on monday,big thanks to bart and everyone involved
Found this vid by rory moorhead from monday.
http://youtu.be/coVgHcX_ZK0