PDA

View Full Version : Opel Vectra 03 model Urgent

NissanSilviaLover
29-05-13, 12:45
ok i took my starter out to get it fixed brought it to the main dealer and the guy said its perfect ( wasted my time taking it out ) but he said it could be a problem with the earth wire. when i go to start the car it will start when parked for example running into the shop i take out the key come back to start it wont.

alan opel
29-05-13, 16:54
Won't turn over atall? Or just turns over slow ?

NissanSilviaLover
29-05-13, 19:06
wont turn over its something got to do with the earth cable or could it be a faulty battery. it starts first thing in the morning but when i park it up its just dead and there's a ticking sound coming from the right side of the dash when try to start it.

alan opel
29-05-13, 19:17
its dti ya? id say its your ignuition spigot man, easiest way to find out is to pull the wire off the spigot that goes to starter like the last turn of the key, an bridge it to the 12v positive, they always give bother both my brothers vectras were doing this !

NissanSilviaLover
29-05-13, 20:22
na lad 1,6 petrol so pull the wire out of the spigot on the starter and bridge it with the 12v cable on the starter.

Dori_Rory
29-05-13, 20:35
You sure the batteries not fooked?

NissanSilviaLover
29-05-13, 20:38
was thinking that im gonna bring her up to the shed tomorrow and go balls deep in the her to find the problem.

alan opel
29-05-13, 20:42
na lad 1,6 petrol so pull the wire out of the spigot on the starter and bridge it with the 12v cable on the starter.

U can do it that way too , or bridge them with a screw driver then ull no what it is

NissanSilviaLover
29-05-13, 20:45
will keep that in mind