PDA

View Full Version : IDC Round 2 aftertaughts

pole drift
26-05-13, 18:20
Amazing track, only there on the Saturday but the level of talent from the guys was amazing!! Richard Bradley was great to watch, Diarmuid O'Connell was a man possessed!! Heard a few horror stories over Facebook about cars getting damaged, poor team Dealtwidth didn't have a good day

hoopsbhoy
26-05-13, 18:52
Track=awesome
Drivers=Awesome

That is all.

Also a big shout out to the guys who had smashes, absolutely unreal commitment. Fair play and mucho respect.

derek89
26-05-13, 19:17
The level of drifting is incredible, the drivers were goin balls out all day....great weather and savage track. Really felt for sully and the rest of the lads that hit the barrier, some really big hits today.

jake4
26-05-13, 19:18
Incredible track with the driving to match!!

Deco84
26-05-13, 19:29
Unreal weekend of driftin was there saterday and today the talent out there was unreal there was some noise of that mustang .alot of impacts with the wall hopefully the brown jzx isn't too bad

beans
26-05-13, 21:43
Excellent today savage drivers track was unreal always love punchestown so fast . Hard luck to the drivers who crashed espicially the jzx 90 gutted was only saying how nice it was half hour before hope its mendable.

m3con
26-05-13, 22:37
Only there saturday but holy fuck Richard Bradley v jack shanahan
Was ridiculously good ta watch. Arty mullens first qualifying lap was
Unreal for his first idc event. Chuck g was on great form aswell
I could go on here all night as everyone there were 110% committed
Young jack shanahan just left me speechless think he is some kinda
Machine tbh lol

D.Daly
26-05-13, 22:41
Best weekends drifting I've ever seen! Had serious crac all weekend anyway and the session last night was savage! But in all seriousness, in my opinion d1 go and idc are the two most competitive and skilled events for drifting worldwide! Have to say though FairPlay to Dave Egan, without him on the mic it wouldn't half as good! Pity the crowd are shy and useless fuckers for roaring.still thought the atmosphere around the place today was very good in comparison to usual...cannot wait for rd3!

fitzygtr
26-05-13, 22:55
Savage day today fair play to all everybody drove balls out but young jack that chap is a pure machine savage

derek89
26-05-13, 23:14
Can anyone tell me wat exactly happened b.egan I heard today that a manhole bent his chassis? ?

D.Daly
26-05-13, 23:24
Ya, that's pretty much it! Sickened for him! I've no doubt he'll fight back stronger then ever! Jack was brilliant all weekend but d o connell stole the show!

jeff nelson sileighty
27-05-13, 06:55
Brilliant weekend, the best I've been to in a long time , it seemed Like the crowd was finally loosening up and cheering , down around where I was was mad all together :p highlight of the weekend has to be the kids birthday party cutting in over the dj and Dave egan , don't think anybody knew what to make of it for a while :p but some really unfortunate drivers throughout the weekend , Brian egan when the manhole cover was sticking up , Patrick murrays back axel broke off and the of course all the drivers who ended up in the barrier

tezdude
27-05-13, 08:50
What a brilliant days Drifting, the level of talent is mind blowing just on the wall every run. The speed grip and smoke of Alan Sinnot from show center to in field was amazing, James Deanes superlap was perfection, Shane o Sullivans agression was class to watch and Jack Shanahan's a hero.Bad point was watching Eoin o Sullivan stunning Jzx90 smack the wall hard hopefully its not too bad:)

jasy d
27-05-13, 09:15
Can someone post results of sunday please?

ELV-iS
27-05-13, 09:34
1. Alan Sinnot
2. James Deane
3. Jack Shanahan
4. Shane O'Sullivan

not 100% sure on rest so won't try and guess...

savage track, savage drivers, unreal cars... cannot wait for Ennis now...

pinny
27-05-13, 09:43
Did dmac and his buddy in the mustang not compete ?

jeff nelson sileighty
27-05-13, 09:58
1. Alan Sinnot
2. James Deane
3. Jack Shanahan
4. Shane O'Sullivan

3rd was shane o sullivan and jack came 4th

Did dmac and his buddy in the mustang not compete ?
didnt see darren out but the lad in the mustang was competing but didnt qualify for the top 16

Boguey001
27-05-13, 10:24
1. Alan Sinnot
2. James Deane
3. Jack Shanahan
4. Shane O'Sullivan

did shane o Sullivan not come 3rd?

sideways-theonlyway
27-05-13, 10:42
Serious days driving yesterday, crazy commitment from eveyone.

Like committing to rubbing walls on the team drift was epic, just shows how much lads want to put on a show for everyone.

Felt sick for Sully, seen a pic last night and car didn't look good. At least he got out without injury, did the tyres bounce him into the wall or what?

I though the crowd was well up for it yesterday, well where we were sitting anyway, beside Jack's crew so they were all on top form. He was epic, a 13 year old with no fear, crazy! :cool:

Head is fucking red raw today.. :afro:

hoopsbhoy
27-05-13, 10:54
Ya Sully came third.

Didn't see darren out or here anyone say why he wasn't?

flynhy
27-05-13, 11:00
I have a lot of videos from the Semi-Pro Qualifying and battles up in YouTube.
If yo search for IDC Round 2 Punchestown.

Have some pictures as well:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200664713874392.1073741827.1057038437&type=3

pony1
27-05-13, 11:18
great weekend even with the sudden stop involving a wall just before the judging tower. thanks to every1 that helped an to those who offered to get anything I needed. atmosphere is fantastic in pits/ crowds.

unbelievable high levels of drifting in idc, just keeps getting better even with a few top drivers missing this round and past couple off seasons.

darren5
27-05-13, 14:38
james deane's chase runs were unbelievable, everytime i see him im amazed, well done to all it was brilliant day, has to be the best track for spectating anyways

Chuck_g
27-05-13, 17:10
I had a very enjoyable weekend. Practice was a bit so so, qualifying was awful but i made up with it in battles, some lucky and some not so. Top 8th finish made me happy anyway.

Some serious drivers in all classes the weekend, the few that stood out for me were Jack Shanahan, Arty Mullen, James Deane, Ffrenchy, DOC, Eoin o Sullivan, and so many more. Infact it was rare to see bad driving imo!! Sad to see Eoin crash so hard and i had the worst seat to see it, nearly colliding with him myself. :/ But he will fix her, i know it.

Sat night was a crazy affair.........nothing short of the usual.

Thanks to my friends and sponsors for getting me there, without them id be sitting it out :) Roll on rd 3

http://www.ajstyres.ie/en/
http://www.clonakiltycarcentre.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AJs-Works/436030986483522?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pats-Low-Cost-Fuels/505395542841251?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/fiwysephotography?fref=ts
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CRG-Print-Marketing/142746712407915?fref=ts

B.Egan
27-05-13, 17:44
Can anyone tell me wat exactly happened b.egan I heard today that a manhole bent his chassis? ?

Yeh basically there was a cone over a really bad manhole cover with a dip after it. But somebody moved the cone, so I was just driving out for practice fiddling with gloves and stuff and bang! Gave me some fright! Hit the subframe, and has done crazy damage. If you hit a wall you have a little bit of crumple I suppose, but this just hit it right where you don't want to. Twisted the car, folded the chassis legs, engine mount broke etc. Won't know the full extent until the engines out, but it doesn't look good, as the whole subframe sort of twisted under the car. Still can't believe it.

I've yet to hit a wall in drifting or do any real damage that way, but yet last year I got a tip in watergrasshill that sent me into the tyres and bent the chassis legs and did some bad damage, and now this, which has done way more damage. The shell was pretty weak already so I'm not sure if it will take a jig but we'll have to try I suppose as I've no other option. Won't be able to find another shell that's anyway good, and not end up costing me 1,000s after prep, modifying the tunnel etc. Not being a mechanic or fabricator kills me in that regard.

Then with sully hitting the wall aswell it was just a gut wrenching event, as I know how much time more than even the money has gone into that car. Hopefully we'll both be back at some point though!

Dmac wasn't out as his axle bent on the Friday.

Apart from all that the driving in semi pro was crazy impressive, and some great stuff on the sunday as well. To many people to list that were just awesome this weekend! But to be honest it was very hard to watch and really enjoy it after all that had happened.....

NissanSilviaLover
28-05-13, 08:42
didn't go to the event i was following the updates on IDC Facebook seen some pictures of the cars that got damaged threw the weekend some bad knocks ye took up there i hope the cars are grand lads.

E30chick
28-05-13, 10:07
Some weekend, serious depression sitting at my desk here. Roll on Ennis!

NissanSilviaLover
28-05-13, 11:04
looking forward to ennis myself cant wait how is admission fee at the gate is it still the same as prodrift 20euro

pole drift
28-05-13, 11:07
looking forward to ennis myself cant wait how is admission fee at the gate is it still the same as prodrift 20euro

Yea €20 at the gate for sundays, I think you can buy a weekend pass tho

NissanSilviaLover
28-05-13, 11:35
ya think i'll just go on the Sunday. not living fare from ennis anyway. mite see a few ye lads down there.

Diffchick
28-05-13, 15:02
Was an awesome weekend. Punchestown is my favourite track of all time, I will be spitting tyre out of my mouth for the rest of the week, even purple bits too!!

markII-90
28-05-13, 15:14
To very briefly sum up the weekend , I went from qualifying 2nd and feeling like saito daigo running the walls ...

To feeling like a dumbass and banging my head off the wall !!

pole drift
28-05-13, 15:20
To very briefly sum up the weekend , I went from qualifying 2nd and feeling like saito daigo running the walls ...

To feeling like a dumbass and banging my head off the wall !!

I know the car is bad but were you ok after that smack Eoin?

markII-90
28-05-13, 15:24
Yeah, a sore neck , head and shoulders just !

The car and the barrier came off worst .

ali-d1936
28-05-13, 15:35
sorry to hear man!! at least your ok. i hope you pick up a shell and get back out there!! or go put the jz in a s-body parts are easier come bye, for situations like this.
who is driving the white 180sx with fluroesent coloured wheels and sideskirts serious looking car!!

coakley
28-05-13, 15:40
Yeah, a sore neck , head and shoulders

knees and toes?

fair bad smack hope u can mend her..

3 people really stood out for me this weekend and they were diarmuid o connell, anthony galvin and richard bradly, all 3 were so consistant and on top form!!

all in all was the best event iv been to yet!! it keeps getting better!!
delighted the judging sunday wasnt the usual.. fair play to all involved!

brianbyrne
28-05-13, 18:34
Excellent weekend for me.....missed Sat but was there all day fri an sun.....1st weekend back from Oz an have to say what a professional manner IDC was run, from the judging to the commentating from Dave and Eddie.....spot on an well done to the IDC team:)

NissanSilviaLover
28-05-13, 19:05
when dose omnicoverage upload the motorstv version to youtube looking forward to watching it.

nevada1986
28-05-13, 21:21
Hi lads, few of my photos from last sunday, will upload more soon.
That was a great day, really enjoyed it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.401065960009609.1073741838.298792603570279&type=1&l=c3638bc758

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/37/img2034aaa.jpg

E30chick
29-05-13, 06:45
Here is a link to the pics I have put up so far, please feel free to add tags to any drivers I have missed, more to be updated during the week.

If any drivers would like a high res image of their car just shout and I can mail it onto you :D

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.376271492482680.1073741831.298093040300526&type=1&l=4f2094b5c2

Bradley_Motorworks
30-05-13, 08:25
Had such a brilliant weekend. the new track is even better than the old one. Poor car suffered a bit but I had loads of fun. I laughed lots when I broke 2 half shafts driving up the start line for my re run against Jack...lol So strange...
Roll on Ennis...:D

ConorS15
30-05-13, 20:21
Trying to find a decent tune to make a video with now. Ragin I missed the Saturday. Can't wait for Ennis

Greg
30-05-13, 20:27
Go something hard rock for a change. Be different. :D

NissanSilviaLover
30-05-13, 20:31
Trying to find a decent tune to make a video with now. Ragin I missed the Saturday. Can't wait for Ennis

not the only one.:D:D:D

ConorS15
30-05-13, 20:48
Go something hard rock for a change. Be different. :D

Crossed my mind before but ya want something that you'll be able to mix with some of the engine noises without blastin the heads off anyone :D

not the only one.:D:D:D

Nice one :D

Chuck_g
30-05-13, 20:57

The hero song!! "Redford," written by Sufjan Stevens

2013 World of Red Bull Commercial - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti2Lm4hb2ZY)

NissanSilviaLover
30-05-13, 21:00
Crossed my mind before but ya want something that you'll be able to mix with some of the engine noises without blastin the heads off anyone :D

Nice one :D

im like a child at Christmas just cant wait for the end of june lol.

Connor
09-06-13, 08:44
A great weekends drifting some real good drivers out there

ConorS15
13-06-13, 12:33
Video for anyone not on Facebo

https://vimeo.com/68280563