PDA

View Full Version : IDC Round 1 afterthoughts...

pole drift
21-04-13, 17:26
What was everyone's opinion of it? The cars that were there were awesome. It's such a pity it rained in the final as Gavin looked to have the advantage. Gutted for him.

rps13Carlow
21-04-13, 17:30
it was great, apart from a bit of rain. what happened to brendans car? couldnt hear properly over dodgy speakers

dec106
21-04-13, 17:38
Crankshaft oil seal went on the tezza . Was leaking oil

pole drift
21-04-13, 17:38
it was great, apart from a bit of rain. what happened to brendans car? couldnt hear properly over dodgy speakers

I think the camshaft oil seal went

D.Daly
21-04-13, 17:43
What was everyone else's opinion on "certain" judgement calls?

rps13Carlow
21-04-13, 17:51
i think the second judge copied everything the first judge said, but there was one incident i thought the other car should of gone through, ah well

seperate note: the announcer sounded like one of the lads off the radio :confused:

sandy
21-04-13, 17:58
Judging was very bad. Martin French was robbed

niall s14a
21-04-13, 18:02
Judging was very bad. Martin French was robbed

No he wasn't, he ploughed straight up James' arse

Boguey001
21-04-13, 18:11
No he wasn't, he ploughed straight up James' arse
X2, have to agree. Don't think James even had wheels off before Ffrench hit him.

pole drift
21-04-13, 18:14
The judges had the advantage of looking at the replay from the media guys.

hoopsbhoy
21-04-13, 18:28
Well at first I thought James had a wheel off and I thought he had a wheel off on the 2nd run as well but I assume that wasn't the case as the judges were able to watch a replay.

Thought it was a great event, french looks awesome in the car and to me there only seemed to be a couple of drivers that were getting perfect lines and on throttle right throughout the course. Brian Egan looked awesome as well, hard to believe the car as 250 or whatever power.

Gutted for Gavin with the rain but the minute the first drop fell you knew what was going to happen.

Standard of cars is awesome, shaping up to be a good year.

Boguey001
21-04-13, 18:35
Very true joe. Cars were amazing, love that ps13 of Ffrenchs. The standard of the cars and driving seems to have gone up another bar this year, credit to all the drivers. Was great been back at a drift event to even if it is just spectating, love the atmosphere at them. Only downside I would pick is, that was the 7th pd event I've attended, I haven't missed one since my 1st event which was japfest 2011 but that's the 3rd time mondello has been run that way in 7 events, bit to repetitive IMO.

Zomby
21-04-13, 18:45
Was a great day. Lovely cars on show and as usual top notch drifting.
Also saw a few gems on the car park creep. Anyone have info on the Purple Sil80 that was in the top car park?

Oscar_00123
21-04-13, 18:59
There were a lot of bad misjudgements in my opinion.. Then again, some things never change..

D.Daly
21-04-13, 19:07
I thought it should've gone one more time cause they both made mistakes.ffrenchy was the best to watch out there.and wes' s13 is just jaw droppingly awesome!:0

stevek
21-04-13, 19:45
I was raging that Ffrench didnt go through, I really thought he had it in him to win!! he was so aggressive and you could see what it meant to him when he got into great 8

Dave Egan I think did a great job on the mike, really enjoyed his work! chap who was with him was also good craic to listen too! well done lads!

subzero
21-04-13, 20:13
Anyone have info on the Purple Sil80 that was in the top car park?

used to be owned by tweek here on the site , seen it up a jap performance a few months back . dunno who the current owner is though.

Thought it was a good event , no point bitchn about judgement calls , its done and its there decisions as judges . Ffrenchy and deanes battle was unreal .

Enjoyed the drifting a lot as i finally went to the stand and there was a great atmosphere up there compared to being around the first bend . didnt bother too much with taking pics this time round so added to it for me.

krustyep91
21-04-13, 20:20
intereasting to see a video of james and ffrench,,
looked like to me james put a wheel of first but i couldnt see aswel as the "judges"

NoelB
21-04-13, 20:27
From what I seen fFrench had straightened a little and gathered speed before hitting James. But James dropped the wheel before the impact. And then again on the second run. Thought it should have been a OMT at the very least. Thats the way it goes though. Judges obviously seen it differently. Cars look amazing this year. Diarmuid O'Connells Ae86 looks the absolute sex! Had ta laugh when Stone and Wez were doing hoops around the poor fucker at the start line, no matter how much he waved that red flag lol

x2 for changing the layout for the next event at Mondello.

grange
21-04-13, 20:49
Brian Egan was doin seriously well for bein so under powered. I loved the day it self aswell just want to thank dave daly and seanie for the bits and bobs. Legends!

haydn itr
21-04-13, 20:52
Brian was great to watch always is exciting to watch . Dissapointed for j.p McCarty love that machine . Though frenchie was through too

fitzer
21-04-13, 20:57
I and a lot of other people think Ffrench deserved the win against Deane. James did drop a wheel before French hit him and in the second run James dropped a wheel again. it was an obvious win for Martin but the judges thought differently

Walshey
21-04-13, 21:01
Ffrench was robbed! Should have went again..

fitzer
21-04-13, 21:01
Was a great day. Lovely cars on show and as usual top notch drifting.
Also saw a few gems on the car park creep. Anyone have info on the Purple Sil80 that was in the top car park?

derek89's sil80? if it had a carbon bonnet and rota gtrd's

hoopsbhoy
21-04-13, 21:02
I suppose the judges did say that James was holding speed and angle even when hit the dirt and Martin was still going into him regardless. It's a tough one but it shouldn't over shadow the day.

Colour of the PS13 was cool. have a photo of it here somehwere.

Also DI stand kicked ass.

D.Daly
21-04-13, 21:04
Here's a sick photo from Shutterspeed.
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/Dave_Daly/C29EE052-C8B8-4A9B-BF08-FBD7AF74A137-24158-00000E7A63CD32A8_zpsdf9f2125.jpg

Chuck_g
21-04-13, 21:12
Even if James had 1 wheel off first, one wheel is only a points deduction!! Having another car hit you from behind is serious impeding and the judges made the right call based on facts and footage. Most spectators have never stepped inside a drivers briefing.....so do not know what judges look for and deduct points/disqualify points for! I love Martin as a driver, i pegged him for a podium but it was a simple mistake made and james won! Move on people!!

Id be more pissed at god for fucking up Gavin's chance of winning, which imo he was heading for. I genuinely almost cried and did some serious air punching!! What a fucking hero of a driver......an inspiration, just flat foot on every run!!

My own weekend was grand. The car ran like a dream, new ecu map is fucking unreal. Some go in it now. Qualifying 7th gave me some extra points on the board and a top 16 finish wasn't too bad......although disappointing. But not upset to have bowed out the the gentleman Daryl Barnett, what a second run :) And he went on to win semi pro so i dont feel too bad :)

Drivers of the weekend for me were Gavin Lenihan, Nikki Hallahan, Ffrenchy, Stephen Harte with his figure 8's on the line and clutch kicking the fuck out of it, Paul McCarthy with his insane speeds in practice, dairmuid o connell and so many more......some talent in this country!!

Last night......Fuck Mantra, Green Isle bar was a scream!! That is all :)

Roll on Rd 2

onevia
21-04-13, 21:13
great weekend of drifting the standard of cars is unreal weather did mess things up a bit but thats ireland for you cant wait for punchestown now going to be a savage year

B.Egan
21-04-13, 21:19
Well I had an awesome weekend anyway!! Just loved driving the car again, and its tons better than last year. Actually just loved drifting the car everywhere and anywhere, enjoyed doing rings, burnouts, and plowing fields lol! KDF! But a great start to the year, and delighted to be a part of team Hankook and of course Dealtwidth, as everyone really pulls together and helps each other.

But anyway I thought I'd post about the judging call aswell. Now I didn't get to see the vids but basically the call imo was right according to what I've heard.

James dropped a wheel, which is a deduction (but not a zero), and Ffrenchy was going balls out to catch James, came in too hot on him and hit him. James didn't suddenly slow down just cause he dropped a wheel, and Ffrenchy was going to hit him regardless, which since he hit him hard was a zero.

James dropped a wheel again in the next run, which is again a deduction, not a zero.

So that's why the decision would have been made I presume, two deductions for James, but it wouldn't cancel out the zero for Ffrenchy, and to be honest I don't think Martin had any complaints either as he knew himself he had just gone in too hot. If James had dropped two wheels then it would be a different story, but AFAIK it was only 1 both times.

Hope that clears up atleast why the decision would have been made, whether people agree with it is still up to themselves of course

Edit: Chucky beat me to it!!

fitzer
21-04-13, 21:28
Here's a sick photo from Shutterspeed.
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/Dave_Daly/C29EE052-C8B8-4A9B-BF08-FBD7AF74A137-24158-00000E7A63CD32A8_zpsdf9f2125.jpg

duno if its just me but It really looks like James's two wheels are just off the edge of the apex there

niall s14a
21-04-13, 21:30
Well said chuck and Brian. Brian they were all talkin about you only haven 256bhp as opposed to the 400/500 bhp cars, personally I think you better off wringing the neck outve that yoke the way she is! Very aggressive style, between you and Gavin Lenihan it's awesome to watch!

stevek
21-04-13, 21:31
Even if James had 1 wheel off first, one wheel is only a points deduction!! Having another car hit you from behind is serious impeding and the judges made the right call based on facts and footage. Most spectators have never stepped inside a drivers briefing.....so do not know what judges look for and deduct points/disqualify points for! I love Martin as a driver, i pegged him for a podium but it was a simple mistake made and james won! Move on people!!

Id be more pissed at god for fucking up Gavin's chance of winning, which imo he was heading for. I genuinely almost cried and did some serious air punching!! What a fucking hero of a driver......an inspiration, just flat foot on every run!!

My own weekend was grand. The car ran like a dream, new ecu map is fucking unreal. Some go in it now. Qualifying 7th gave me some extra points on the board and a top 16 finish wasn't too bad......although disappointing. But not upset to have bowed out the the gentleman Daryl Barnett, what a second run :) And he went on to win semi pro so i dont feel too bad :)

Drivers of the weekend for me were Gavin Lenihan, Nikki Hallahan, Ffrenchy, Stephen Harte with his figure 8's on the line and clutch kicking the fuck out of it, Paul McCarthy with his insane speeds in practice, dairmuid o connell and so many more......some talent in this country!!

Last night......Fuck Mantra, Green Isle bar was a scream!! That is all :)

Roll on Rd 2

any footage of stephen harte?chap is unreal in a cam...i mised sat with poxy work!

D.Daly
21-04-13, 21:40
Stephen Harte is my new hero!:D I think everyone was surprised with the unbelievably high standard of driving this weekend in semi and in pro.
I cannot wait for punches town.my favourite track of the season.brian the new livery looks awesome! FairPlay dude:)

tezdude
21-04-13, 21:41
It was a great weekends drifting, loving some of the cars new looks especiallly Brian and Diarmud's 86's. I was really gutted for Gavin in the final, was loving his style all days pulling serious speed and angles totally deserved the win- cheers irish fcukin weather :(

D.Daly
21-04-13, 21:43
Also I think a big congrats is due to darryl Barnett he really drove well all weekend!

derek89
21-04-13, 22:50
Anyone have info on the Purple Sil80 that was in the top car park?

Ye as fitzer said thats my car...and have to say the level of drifting is pure class. I thought myself that french was robbed but Im not a judge and didnt see the camera footage. Was gutted for gavin was really on top form. Anyone know wats the story wit it bein on tele?

silverbullitt
21-04-13, 22:56
I'll start with a few quibbles, which by the way aren't any fault of the organisers.

My heart goes out to Dave Egan , he tries his damned hardest to get the crowd gee'd up, and get them cheering on the awesome talent we have in this country but it seems that Irish people aren't up for actually cheering/ clapping for the serious display of driving that was witnessed today.
Despite his best efforts to get some involvement from the crowd in attendance most stayed stoney silent for the most part, with only the most hardcore of fans in the stand actually willing to show some appreciatation for the feats on show.
I think instead of monster being handed out , the next event should be sponsored by Bulmers in order to get a bit of a reaction out of the crowd.

Since when did mondello turn into Amsterdam, everywhere I turned today there were people skinning up joints , and the smell of weed hung thick In the air. I know yesterday was 420 day but Jesus is every drift fan also a stoner ?

Now the good points
The standard of cars today was exemplary, we must have one of the best turned out fields of cars in any drift series in the world including formula d.
It's a credit to the lads who pour their hard earned readies into creating some of the best looking and performing machines in the world.

The V8 invasion has begun, and I for one welcome them. There may be some detractors but they sound amazing and have bags of tuning potential, and seem to add an air of spectacle to the series.
McCord's LS1, McCarthy's M5 unit and ffrenchies one ( what is that again) are truly epic and have me on donedeal since I came home trying to source a v8 road car :)

Lenihans spin today showed how much mondello can change in 30 seconds, it seems that James deans win was written in the stars and whilst I live by the mantra from Terminator 2 " there is no fate but what we make" It certainly looks like there may have been a small touch of divine intervention in James Deane taking the win today.
Between the judges first time relying on video evidence to prove his victory over Martin, Brendan's engine leaking , thereby giving him a bye into the final and that 30 second blast of rain which caused Gavin's spin, which totally negated his dominance of the first run, it looks like James has a guardian angel looking down to make sure things go his way.
This can only be a good thing as I believe that If things do indeed go his way this year it could certainly mean his breakthrough to the big time proper , and possibly a regular seat in FD !

Zomby
21-04-13, 23:05
derek89's sil80? if it had a carbon bonnet and rota gtrd's

Yeah did some research there. It's Tweek's old car, Derek89 is the current owner.
Thought she was fucking gorgeous!.
http://i.imgur.com/mRwEfGzl.jpg

Pitty she's not up for sale!! :)

Sir Diffsalot
21-04-13, 23:08
Since when did mondello turn into Amsterdam, everywhere I turned today there were people skinning up joints , and the smell of weed hung thick In the air. I know yesterday was 420 day but Jesus is every drift fan also a stoner ?

Are ya sure most of them werent just smokin amber leaf, a huge amount of people these days are smoking them

D.Daly
21-04-13, 23:12
Are ya sure most of them werent just smokin amber leaf, a huge amount of people these days are smoking them

I could smell it everywhere today, thought it was crazy how casual lads were just sparking up a 3 skinner in the middle of the crowd with not one fuck givin.

tezdude
22-04-13, 09:22
I could smell it everywhere today, thought it was crazy how casual lads were just sparking up a 3 skinner in the middle of the crowd with not one fuck givin.

Without a f**king doubt the stench of pong around us was outrageous at times, it just goes to show the kind of people these events are attracting,nothing but Adidas uniforms everywhere:)

1-JAY-Z
22-04-13, 10:19
If the level of cars and talent is going to keep increasing so must the tools at the judges disposal, if Mondello can stream live events and also Motors TV was showing the event live surely the next step for the judges is to have access to some form of instant replays instead of asking to look at the medias playbacks on there cameras, I understand its all money but they should atleast consider it for the Pro IDC Class,

B&G Extreme Drifting
22-04-13, 11:46
No point crying about spilt milk, no diff than any sport can give out all day but the end judgement is final.
That aside I think the organisers media commentators and drivers don't get enough praise, endless work and great efforts put in to pull it off
on the sat there was one/two things I was unsure about but the results are final

Well done to everyone

niall s14a
22-04-13, 13:57
What about the marshal that kicked the bumper off the the red 180? A little bit more care for lads cars wouldn't go a miss, mondello made a fortune yesterday so a little care in return wouldn't do any harm. Not hard to carry a pair of snips in your pocket to cut a cable tie off

Chuck_g
22-04-13, 14:51
What about the marshal that kicked the bumper off the the red 180? A little bit more care for lads cars wouldn't go a miss, mondello made a fortune yesterday so a little care in return wouldn't do any harm. Not hard to carry a pair of snips in your pocket to cut a cable tie off

He's and IDC marshall and while it looked like he doesn't care, im sure Kenneth Murphy didnt give a shit....these are not show cars, you get what you need to get done to get back out there. If it was my car id have told him to burn the bumper off......bumpers are the last thing a drifter should be worried about! :wink:

gem-s13
22-04-13, 15:01
He's and IDC marshall and while it looked like he doesn't care, im sure Kenneth Murphy didnt give a shit....these are not show cars, you get what you need to get done to get back out there. If it was my car id have told him to burn the bumper off......bumpers are the last thing a drifter should be worried about! :wink:

Posibly true BUT that chap had no respect on sat richard bradlys bumper came loose tgere was no damage done just cut a cable tie and it was off but he actualy jumped on it cracked the bumper it didnt come off so he then started kicking it??? If idc want ill supply a pair of snips for the next round

Prodrifter86
22-04-13, 15:03

He also kicked bradleys bumper off actually kicked on it 5 times instead actualy lifting it off and also he kept kicking peoples doors?? like fair enough its drifting but if your car is in one piece a gobshite doesn't have the right to kick it either. what a dope...

on the driving side WOOO DOCTOR! ... Stephen harte in the Hachiroku. amazing!! Great to see Martin ffrenche back with that aggressive driving. even with all the talk about that battle. I felt that martin was putting james under a lot of pressure that usually doesn't happen with James deane I think. but a call is a call I suppose .. that's drifting HI!.

the rain really made it slippy. some reli close ones but a lot of action. IDC cars this year are the nicest looking drift cars in Europe. RND 2 YEE HAW

Chuck_g
22-04-13, 15:18
Posibly true BUT that chap had no respect on sat richard bradlys bumper came loose tgere was no damage done just cut a cable tie and it was off but he actualy jumped on it cracked the bumper it didnt come off so he then started kicking it??? If idc want ill supply a pair of snips for the next round

Well that i didn't see, and really is not on. In that case all Marshall's should have snips.

scally
22-04-13, 17:46
for all the lads that think i was disrepect full to bumpers over the wekend both richard and kenneth told me to kick them off. richard espcially told me to boot the fucking thing off.. And i dont remember kicking anyone's door ?.... and all drivers are asked will i kick ur bumper off? and if not they have the choice to enforce the 5min rule and remove them properly themselves so lads put it to bed i only did what i was told!!

nikkisixx69
22-04-13, 17:54
for all the lads that think i was disrepect full to bumpers over the wekend both richard and kenneth told me to kick them off. richard espcially told me to boot the fucking thing off.. And i dont remember kicking anyone's door ?.... and all drivers are asked will i kick ur bumper off? and if not they have the choice to enforce the 5min rule and remove them properly themselves so lads put it to bed i only did what i was told!!

i loved when wez and brendan stone diffed around you, you looked really impressed haha :p

great day out, unreal driving, loving the low brian drifters ps13, the lock is insane! brian egans ae86 and that red 180 also looked the tits! eddie did a great job at commentating with dave!

also thanks to all who made the stand, we had a great selection of machines there! sorry for being late lol!

scally
22-04-13, 18:00
ye was fair funny alright...

dR Dan
22-04-13, 18:53
Well.....

Saturday.

The standard of driving was amazing. The Mondello no music rule sucks as the atmosphere was a bit dead.

Stephen Harte, Jack Shanahan, DOC and Kenneth Murphy were amazing to watch. And of course Daryll props to him.

Sunday.

Dieing. Missed most of qualifying so only got tuned in for Superlap. Some things stuck out for me with regards judging. When James ran Dan Moorhead said something along the lines of i dont want to see James there again so its an 8?? I was literally gobsmacked. The other 2 judges gave a 9. Judges than said they dont take conditions into consideration. Adrian Walsh came out in the wet and put in a decent run and than Dan scored him a 9?? Baffling.
As awesome as Ffrench,s lap attempt was he made a HUGE mistake entering but Peden gave him a 5? I thought a 6 woulda been loads for that run with the 3 judges combined. Never mind a 13.
Everyone looked really good so i cant really single any of the pros out.

The Incident.

On first viewing i thought Ffrench shoulda won it. I was shocked he didnt get it. Having seen the video im not as certain but id still call it to Ffrench. I was directly across from clip 1 and alot of drivers including James were double entering. Handbrake power.. HANDBRAKE.... Slide... Power. That to me wasnt being punished. We witnessed Ffrench head into the pits before the battle and pump his tyres. Hes smart. He knew he was alot quicker than James and he also initiated a good 3-4 lenghts behind James. James tried to come in hard but was going of course so had to let off. Slowing hugely. Ffrench had serious grip so didnt have to leave off. Probaly not expecting James to be that slow. I think he was too slow because he pushed too hard and Ffrench had nowhere to go. SO id give it to Ffrench. But after reviewing the video its not as clearcut as i first thought.

People need to use a little bit of the brain when trying to call a battle. The first run because of contact would mean it was a 10-0 to whoever was not at fault. Ffrench too aggressive hits James causing him to spin 10-0 James. James too slow causing French to hit him and stop 10-0 Ffrench. The ONLY way it could have been a OMT is IF the 2nd run went 10-0 the other way. Ffrench pulled a gap AND James dropped a wheel making it a 7-3 or at worst an 8-2. Not enough to warrant a turn around or a OMT. Educate yerselves before ye start mouthing.

What is absolutely sick is people 'i want to use a strong word but il bite my tongue' taking to social media to claim biase, politics etc bla bla blaaaaa. Its always the same people and its beyond sad. Build a bridge and get over it. Its a judges sport. The reason James wins ALOT is because he is the best. Not because of bias.

James had allllll the luck this weekend IMO which is unfortunate because hes a machine without any luck so it must suck to face him when hes luck is in. JPM was quicker than him but made a mistake. I thought Ffrench beat him. Brendans car broke down so he got a buy. And Gavin had a big advantage before his lead run. Not taking anything from James but he got the rub of the green.

After the weekend if i could throw on a few euro id be lumping on Ffrench for the Championship hes so quick and ridiculously talented. Will be routeing for him in Punch after yesterdays events.

Congrats to all winners over the weekend and all who took part its sooooo good to have it back in my life. Roll on Punch for more of the same. Hopefully more controversy cause lets face it it deffo adds to the excitement.

Those achillies obviously are ridiculous and could maybe call for a review of the tyre rule??

I cant think of anything else right now but il check back in if i do.

<3

nikkisixx69
22-04-13, 19:01
i heard it wasnt even james deane driving, when scooby doo and the gang unmasked the driver of the falken rx7, it turned out to be old man winters who runs the haunted amusement park...... and he would have gotten away with it if it hadnt been for those meddling kids

D.Daly
22-04-13, 19:04
Well said dan.

hoopsbhoy
22-04-13, 19:05
I moved from the grandstand after the qualifying because ya can't see shit I was completely underestimating the speed and angle from up there, the angle and speed French was pulling was awesome. Punchestown is going to be very exciting to say the least. I hope it's not weather like yesterday or there will be a serious pile up of wrecked cars.

@Nikki who won best stand or was there a winner for that?

decobyrne106
22-04-13, 19:19
as regards the lads on the wakkie tobaccie, thank god i wasn't in the grandstand then, i hate when mondello has big shows and stuff like japfest last year and adidas and nike were in a 360degree view.

git
22-04-13, 20:49
i loved when wez and brendan stone diffed around you, you looked really impressed haha :p

great day out, unreal driving, loving the low brian drifters ps13, the lock is insane! brian egans ae86 and that red 180 also looked the tits! eddie did a great job at commentating with dave!

also thanks to all who made the stand, we had a great selection of machines there! sorry for being late lol!

I really don't think it is acceptable to be late when you organised it !!!!! And it's only fair you put up pictures of the blonde girl you introduced me to and brought home and was the reason for being late #morninsex :o

nikkisixx69
22-04-13, 20:58
@Nikki who won best stand or was there a winner for that?

absolutly no idea dude :/

I really don't think it is acceptable to be late when you organised it !!!!! And it's only fair you put up pictures of the blonde girl you introduced me to and brought home and was the reason for being late #morninsex :o

hahaha dont make me put up a picture of the text you sent me regarding her :p

dR Dan
22-04-13, 20:58
I actually ment to say... When i mentioned what Dan had said about James I quickly figured he probably/definately didnt mean for it to come out or across like that. A slip of the tongue just hope it wasnt picked up by people who wouldnt no as much about it. Iv no doubts Dan didnt mean that the way it came out.

alan opel
22-04-13, 21:10
Had a great day Sunday brown e class was prob the coolest car I seen on display ever in Ireland! Was sickened for lenihan he was driving amazingly an was in with a real shot with taking it. Fair play to Brian Egan too I mean he got knocked out by Gavin who got into the final, he has the talent to go all the way , as far as the whole ffrench Deane affair at the time I thaut straight away it shuda gone to ffrench but what do I no, they obviously had there reasons for making there decision !

Chuck_g
22-04-13, 21:11
Drugs at drifting??? Theres something new......................jeeeeeez!

nikkisixx69
22-04-13, 21:16
Drugs at drifting??? Theres something new......................jeeeeeez!

soon they will be shooting up heroin in the grand stand

danmoorhead
22-04-13, 21:24
I actually ment to say... When i mentioned what Dan had said about James I quickly figured he probably/definately didnt mean for it to come out or across like that. A slip of the tongue just hope it wasnt picked up by people who wouldnt no as much about it. Iv no doubts Dan didnt mean that the way it came out.

Tbh I can't remember my words but I without dout would not of ment to say it as I would not disrespect James or anyone or driver like dat!! I did mean I wanted someone to come out and beat the score!! If this was how it was picked up I do apologise to James!! I also believe the year ahead has the potential to be the biggest year in Irish drifting!!

paulfluke
22-04-13, 21:26
I'll throw my two cents in here as it was my first time driving ...( Black / grey Trueno ). I had a bit of a tip with dave egan in the sat practice an I have to say the support, encouragement and help I got from IDC staff, Drivers and general "pit peoples" was immense! Massive thanks to the two lads with the Defender who pretty much got me back out for qualifying, didn't catch your names, sorry. Even though I balls'd that up myself then lol. Bit of work to do from round two now but can't wait for it :)

alan opel
22-04-13, 21:30
there was alot of fuckin scangers an tinkers about the place i thaut too, young lads just up to no good

pony1
22-04-13, 21:45
http://vimeo.com/64589463

James and Martin - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUDD1nR6JV4&feature=youtu.be)

point already covered and i agree- spectators arnt aware what happens in drivers briefing so do not know what judges look for, some runs (qual) may look awesome but harshly marked as they miss a clip by inches esp in 1st 3 clips. "its all about the box"

really enjoyed my 1st round in idc and looking foward to my next :o

Chuck_g
22-04-13, 21:49
there was alot of fuckin scangers an tinkers about the place i thaut too, young lads just up to no good

While i agree there was a few trouble makers about, i think this whole "scumbags" smoking weed shit is silly. Ya there's probably a time and place for it but its not all scummers. I dont smoke myself really but see nothing wrong with it!

alan opel
22-04-13, 21:53
While i agree there was a few trouble makers about, i think this whole "scumbags" smoking weed shit is silly. Ya there's probably a time and place for it but its not all scummers. I dont smoke myself really but see nothing wrong with it!

oh im not saying that , im talkin about young lads 16-17 wandering around the place, people can smoke the head off them selves for all i care! just maybe not in the stand where theres kids!

DaveM-sport
22-04-13, 22:10
Great weekend! Standard of driving and all the new cars is unbelievable!

Few questionable calls but that's what you get from a judged sport and as already says, it does add to the excitement considering people are talking about the event for a week or so afterwards.

Shame about the rain coming down on random runs on Sunday and it ruined a couple of battles and didn't help the superlap... Although still enjoyed it as we made ourselves a lovely grandstand inside the pits with the Defender :p

Can't wait for the rest of the season! Punchestown is going to be epic once the rain stays away!

I'll throw my two cents in here as it was my first time driving ...( Black / grey Trueno ). I had a bit of a tip with dave egan in the sat practice an I have to say the support, encouragement and help I got from IDC staff, Drivers and general "pit peoples" was immense! Massive thanks to the two lads with the Defender who pretty much got me back out for qualifying, didn't catch your names, sorry. Even though I balls'd that up myself then lol. Bit of work to do from round two now but can't wait for it :)

Lads in the Defender would have been Paul Stryker's brother, Ian and his gang :)
Was it your gearbox he helped changed? He was busy with the spanners on Saturday :D

phily
22-04-13, 22:12
great day standard of driving has improved yet again shame about the rain, would like to see them change it up a bit and go back to the old points system makes the 2nd run much more interesting!

MissSuz
22-04-13, 22:28
I had a great weekend anyway! Super driving all day Saturday and Sunday. Paul Styrker and Jack Shannhan had an awesome battle :) and of course couldn't wait to see Chuck's out on track with all the new shiny colours!

As I'm quiet new to the whole drifting scene I really do not have enough knowledge of the rules to comment on the whole James/Ffrench battle and before reading everyone's comments here and on Facebook I just assumed James would get it as Ffrench hit him, however AFTER reading everyone's opinions on it there is soooooo much more to it so thank you everyone for keeping me educated!

I'm not sure where everyone else was watching from but the Stand was buzzing imo and that's down to Dave :) Such a hero on the mic and also Eddie Power (I think) He done and excellent job commentating aswell over the weekend. Not an easy job but seemed to come as naturally to him as it does to Dave! It was great Craic in the stand. As said there was a few people smoking joints but again I wouldn't go as far as to say there was loads of scumbags there!

Pedan made a hilarious funny Sat and we were weak in the stand but I just for the life of me cannot think what it was!

Lols were had Sat night as per :) I'm sure ya have all seen my pics by now! I generally don't take pic's of drifting cuz I like to actually watch it myself and not through the camera so I leave that to the professionals :)

Brian Egan and Diarmuid O Connells car's look the business this year!

Roll on Punch :)

Chuck_g
22-04-13, 22:45
Pedan made a hilarious funny Sat and we were weak in the stand but I just for the life of me cannot think what it was!

Peden was on fire the weekend......his cork/carlow translating was lolarious!! :D

Martin ffrench
23-04-13, 00:01
What a weekend im glad for a few reasons
1: i can still drive
2: i am driving
3: ill be back with more hp and a louder exhaust and maybe more lock.

well done to everyone cya at punch..

hoopsbhoy
23-04-13, 08:47
^^^ There is no more lock :-)

D.Daly
23-04-13, 09:46
What a weekend im glad for a few reasons
1: i can still drive
2: i am driving
3: ill be back with more hp and a louder exhaust and maybe more lock.

well done to everyone cya at punch..

Martin, you were doing a burnout while moving like a crab...it's a bit like going to the gym and asking for more weights...THERE ARE NO MORE WEIGHTS!lol.
You cannot possibly have more lock? Oh I can't wait for punchestown!:D

E.Power
23-04-13, 10:11
I'm not sure where everyone else was watching from but the Stand was buzzing imo and that's down to Dave :) Such a hero on the mic and also Eddie Power (I think) He done and excellent job commentating aswell over the weekend. Not an easy job but seemed to come as naturally to him as it does to Dave!

Thanks for the kind words and as mentioned it is such a difficult job and while I already appreciated how much effort Dave puts into commentary my respect for him has gone through the roof. The excitement on track speaks for itself but describing it with such passion requires immense talent. As for my own performance I battled my nerves all weekend and on a few occasions kicked myself for coming across like I was insulting drivers when trying compliment. So I would like to apologize for this.

Dan did a fantastic job judging and not afraid to call it how he sees it, a great addition to the panel.

The standard of driving was incredible from everyone this weekend, Stephen Harte wowed me in his 20v as always. Jack Shanahan was so aggressive and exciting to watch, and at 13 years of age is really showing his mettle. I think his style is well suited to Punchestown and my pick for RD 2 Rookie/Semi-pro. Gavin Lenehan was on fire and great to watch. Also very impressed with Kenneth Murphy qualifying for the top 16 and giving Brendan Stone everything that car had left.

All in all a great weekend at IDC Round 1. Lots of excitement and controversy which is what makes it so entertaining.

silverbullitt
23-04-13, 10:16
Martin, you were doing a burnout while moving like a crab...

That was insane . I could only half see it cause of the smoke , but I was thinking that martins car is moving at a funny angle .
Thought he was after fitting some fancy 4 wheel steering system.

ELV-iS
24-04-13, 20:44
anyone any idea what the craic is with MotorsTV coverage ?

Dave mentioned it a couple times but it wasnt in the schedule on Sunday so is there programme on it during the week maybe ?

haydomiata
24-04-13, 21:02
It takes about a month to be on tv with omnicoverage

G.Lenihan
24-04-13, 21:29
Savage weekend of driftin, big thanks to everyone that helped out over the weekend, family, friends, girlfriend, thanks to idc for a well ran event, big thanks to media guys n gals too for all the awesome pics n vids
Car didn miss a beat, pity the nut behind the wheel did n the final but how's ever
Serious drivin out of everyone at the weekend everyone balls out
Gonna b sum interesting names in the top 16 me thinks this year
Roll on punchestown for sum #spoilerrippinaction:cool:

nevada1986
24-04-13, 22:19
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3628/img6290a.jpg

That's my photos from sunday round at Mondello.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.385647008218171.1073741834.298792603570279&type=1&l=2fc4f2bce1

chrisbrady325
25-04-13, 10:40
Savage weekend of driftin, big thanks to everyone that helped out over the weekend, family, friends, girlfriend, thanks to idc for a well ran event, big thanks to media guys n gals too for all the awesome pics n vids
Car didn miss a beat, pity the nut behind the wheel did n the final but how's ever
Serious drivin out of everyone at the weekend everyone balls out
Gonna b sum interesting names in the top 16 me thinks this year
Roll on punchestown for sum #spoilerrippinaction:cool:

delighted to hear you gettin a podium lad, watched a clip of your final battle, you were well on it! see you at punchestown!

Martin ffrench
25-04-13, 11:32
Well done to james on 1st gavin on 2nd and shane on third savage weekend.

Boguey001
26-04-13, 21:36
http://youtu.be/GOS0hZIgUI4 (http://youtu.be/GOS0hZIgUI4) seen this video earlier, just taught I'd share. :)