PDA

View Full Version : 318is m3 conversion drift project

robk20a
14-04-13, 10:35
been on here for a while now just noseing round didnt post much about anything till now
iv a e36 m3 4 door which i act the bollex in every now and again down in goldstones but
the body is gettin a bit of a beatin so time to reshell it so i bought a 318is with a m3 kit on
it and tore the thing apart everybit of wiring dash carpet roof lining windows engine and
gearbox petrol tank and lines diff and drive shafts handbreak and cables cut the doors out
and going to cut the front wheel arches and the back parcel shelf and boot out get the cage done while i have the windows out and my engine and box put in afterwards just need little help with few things
will my back m3 subframe just bolt onto the coupe
will the m3 engine sit on the front subframe will steerin rack have to be changed
can i do away with the whole abs unit and just run brake lines from cylinder to calipers to hydro
will i have to change the brake master cylinder
any bit of advise would be mint thanks will get pics up soon

Venom
02-05-14, 13:22
been on here for a while now just noseing round didnt post much about anything till now
iv a e36 m3 4 door which i act the bollex in every now and again down in goldstones but
the body is gettin a bit of a beatin so time to reshell it so i bought a 318is with a m3 kit on
it and tore the thing apart everybit of wiring dash carpet roof lining windows engine and
gearbox petrol tank and lines diff and drive shafts handbreak and cables cut the doors out
and going to cut the front wheel arches and the back parcel shelf and boot out get the cage done while i have the windows out and my engine and box put in afterwards just need little help with few things
will my back m3 subframe just bolt onto the coupe
will the m3 engine sit on the front subframe will steerin rack have to be changed
can i do away with the whole abs unit and just run brake lines from cylinder to calipers to hydro
will i have to change the brake master cylinder
any bit of advise would be mint thanks will get pics up soon

bmw-driver.net
bmwhaus.ie

DaveM-sport
04-05-14, 00:12
Answer is yes to all your questions. Shells are identical. Subframes the same although M3 Evo one is reinforced, abs system can be binned and M3 master cylinder is bigger