wouldnt be prodrift if they didnt:rolleyes:

Dunnedriftin
04-01-10, 22:31

Release them 1 month before the 1st event prob :cool: :rolleyes:

Famous jh
04-01-10, 22:32

Its gettin fairly lame at this stage... Later and later every year..

Like im not doubting it must be some headache organising it all but the very least you'd expect is to keep the fans and drivers informed of how things are looking or whatever :confused:

Frankae86
04-01-10, 22:39
My car is still a ages away from being ready so i dont mind :D

Dreamworks-silvia
04-01-10, 22:42
Its gettin fairly lame at this stage... Later and later every year..

Like im not doubting it must be some headache organising it all but the very least you'd expect is to keep the fans and drivers informed of how things are looking or whatever :confused:

especialy for the likes of frank there in the middle of an class rebuild im sure he would like a ball park date on when he needs to have everything ready by and im just using frank as a local example im sure there are alot of other lads in similar situation

bart
04-01-10, 22:44
especialy for the likes of frank there in the middle of an class rebuild im sure he would like a ball park date on when he needs to have everything ready by and im just using frank as a local example im sure there are alot of other lads in similar situation

yea me aswell..
is it march or what like..
ive sent them an email..
so see if i get a reply:cool:

Dreamworks-silvia
04-01-10, 22:46
yea me aswell..
is it march or what like..
ive sent them an email..
so see if i get a reply:cool:

how could i forget you pet!!! sry:p

Famous jh
04-01-10, 22:46

Exactly lad ;)

Like its lookin touch and go even if there is gonna be a half decent championship going on this side of the border?? PD are being very quite.. But im sure they will prove me wrong... :eek:

Dreamworks-silvia
04-01-10, 22:53
well all eyes are on pd as they are possibly our only hope this side of the boarder of ant sort of competitive drifting this year but in fairness they usually pull something out of the bag

jamie180sx
04-01-10, 23:12
i hear fermoy twice and mondello will only be for seeded pros at japfest,could be wrong but came from reliable source

danmoorhead
04-01-10, 23:59
can't see der been many events!! i heard the licence day isn't till mid-late april!!! but could be in feb ya just never no!!

sully08
05-01-10, 23:51
sure we will make the best of it anyway

EvojeepGal
06-01-10, 02:38
I know of a big enough "team" in the uk wanting to compete over here this year so it better be good :D

ontherack
06-01-10, 10:43
They didn't give any details until January 29th last year.

Jay Rockett
06-01-10, 13:57
can't see der been many events!! i heard the licence day isn't till mid-late april!!! but could be in feb ya just never no!!

Yeah i heard it might be aprill aswell, would be handy to know asap! Least if its not for another while people will have the time to finish there cars and mayb mondello will have a few more practice days..

nigey00
06-01-10, 16:16
not sure of the licence day but the first event is mid to late april!

sil80drifter
06-01-10, 17:16
april? should have the car done........should!

Kaleb180
06-01-10, 19:40
My car is still a ages away from being ready so i dont mind :D

x2 ..... im hopeing to compete this year and im nowhere near ready :rolleyes:

Dan Byrne
18-01-10, 14:04
And more news on dates?

conorosr20
18-01-10, 17:11
News on dates? From prodrift? ha ha ha you will hear it from word of mouth before you will hear it from them.

EvojeepGal
18-01-10, 20:54
Some rumours have it they may clash with a lot of JDM Allstars this year, only rumour though so dunno for sure

Driftma
18-01-10, 22:40
Some rumours have it they may clash with a lot of JDM Allstars this year, only rumour though so dunno for sure

Now thats gay and typical prodrift:eek:

Dan Byrne
19-01-10, 00:38
So gay!!!!!!!!!!

wezwkd
19-01-10, 22:16
Dates due to be announced in next week or so.

Prodrift
20-01-10, 00:42
Hi Guys, just seen this post now and although we're close to officially releasing all info regarding 2010 there remains some finer detail that we need to nail down prior to releasing official dates.
In the mean time we'd like to advise anyone preparing to enter 2010 to be ready in mid march for licensing and as per all previous seasons events will take place between April & September.

As you can all appreciate Ireland in 2010 is not blessed with an abundance of race circuits, and as for the economy - i guess you just have to look at how all Irish motorsports are reacting to the current economic conditions. Regardless, we are working to deliver another fantastic season of PD competition and we look forward to releasing official information and seeing you all at this years competitions.

Kav gts-t
20-01-10, 09:08
As regards licensing. Is it still just buy your novice license to enter or will there be a licensing day instead??

EvojeepGal
20-01-10, 09:50
You still should have to attend licensing day to "buy" your novice/amateur license, i would imagine unless rules changed last year...

Micko
20-01-10, 10:22
You still should have to attend licensing day to "buy" your novice/amateur license, i would imagine unless rules changed last year...

their wasnt one held for novice last year ,just payed b4 season started.might be different this year...but i wont be here to see it lol

EvojeepGal
20-01-10, 10:27
Wasnt sure about it ;)

meego1
20-01-10, 11:01
Hi Guys, just seen this post now and although we're close to officially releasing all info regarding 2010 there remains some finer detail that we need to nail down prior to releasing official dates.
In the mean time we'd like to advise anyone preparing to enter 2010 to be ready in mid march for licensing and as per all previous seasons events will take place between April & September.

As you can all appreciate Ireland in 2010 is not blessed with an abundance of race circuits, and as for the economy - i guess you just have to look at how all Irish motorsports are reacting to the current economic conditions. Regardless, we are working to deliver another fantastic season of PD competition and we look forward to releasing official information and seeing you all at this years competitions.

glad to see prodrift acknowledge D.I and be online now to solve all drift disputes as im sure their be a few this year lol . lookin 4ward to the season ahead gona be good.mike deane ftmfw,place your bets now lol

conor-vtec86
20-01-10, 11:05
sinnot will win it this year

Dunnedriftin
20-01-10, 11:53
Alan Sinnot
Mike Deane
Wez

Thats what i predict... :D

Midnight
20-01-10, 20:46
Alan Sinnot
Mike Deane
Wez

X2;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damo
20-01-10, 22:55
Alan Sinnot
Mike Deane
Wez

Go back and do your Junior Cert will you.....

Even Wez would acknowledge he is a bit away from contending for an overall podium challenge after just a couple of years of drifting !!!

Something like above with the likes of John Paul McCarthy and James Deane throwing their names into contention and never rule out a Lenihan and you would have more realistic view of whats going to happen, add to this the impressive runs of non pro's Damian Shortt and Swannie and its wide open !!!

Sinnott to winnit though :D

Dunnedriftin
21-01-10, 00:58

Even Wez would acknowledge he is a bit away from contending for an overall podium challenge after just a couple of years of drifting !!!

Something like above with the likes of John Paul McCarthy and James Deane throwing their names into contention and never rule out a Lenihan and you would have more realistic view of whats going to happen, add to this the impressive runs of non pro's Damian Shortt and Swannie and its wide open !!!

Well after seeing wez in mondello the last day he was unreal!! savage pilot..

We all have are own view & opinion, but sure who know what could happen...

dR Dan
21-01-10, 01:37
CANT wait for the madness to start again... After many years of being a clipping pint i feel boring wivout some of those loopers coming at me.. :D Worst offenders... James Deane and John Paul :D

meego1
21-01-10, 10:46
definitly think swanie is one to watch out for this year, full on balls out attitude not worryed abt hitten his car,good pilot he his ,gona give the pro s a good run for it.

pmc-drifter
21-01-10, 15:51

Go on John Mac for the title!

conorosr20
21-01-10, 17:14
Ya go on johny kid!

wezwkd
21-01-10, 23:06
LOL Cheers for the confidence boost there lads, much appreciated but as Damo said I am a long way off pro class podium. I didnt even come anywhere in the Non Seed Pro Class last year.

The drift practice days are a different kettle of fish. You get 15 / 20 min of skidding & sliding under zero pressure and nothing close like in the twin battles. Its easy to get your mojo together in that circumstance.

But on competition day you get literally one chance to get it together & pull it out of the bag first time every time. One mistake and you are OUT. Thats divides the men from the boys and makes PD what it is. If you turned up to a PD event & saw practice day standards you wouldnt be back to spectate a second day.(No offence to anybody who does the practice days) The standard of our pro class drivers here is outstanding for the size of the country. We have gone to the UK, Europe & the States & played with all the big boys & done ourselves proud.

Basically what Im saying is that when you are in Mondello watching our pro drivers enter the first corner at up to 90mph literally door on door you need to realise the skill & cordination thats needed to do that, and they do it almost every time.

We are just spoiled for viewing & need to take it back to basics & realise how good these pro guys really are.

Roll on 2010 season.

conor-vtec86
21-01-10, 23:08
LOL Cheers for the confidence boost there lads, much appreciated but as Damo said I am a long way off pro class podium. I didnt even come anywhere in the Non Seed Pro Class last year.

The drift practice days are a different kettle of fish. You get 15 / 20 min of skidding & sliding under zero pressure and nothing close like in the twin battles. Its easy to get your mojo together in that circumstance.

But on competition day you get literally one chance to get it together & pull it out of the bag first time every time. One mistake and you are OUT. Thats divides the men from the boys and makes PD what it is. If you turned up to a PD event & saw practice day standards you wouldnt be back to spectate a second day.(No offence to anybody who does the practice days) The standard of our pro class drivers here is outstanding for the size of the country. We have gone to the UK, Europe & the States & played with all the big boys & done ourselves proud.

Basically what Im saying is that when you are in Mondello watching our pro drivers enter the first corner at up to 90mph literally door on door you need to realise the skill & cordination thats needed to do that, and they do it almost every time.

We are just spoiled for viewing & need to take it back to basics & realise how good these pro guys really are.

Roll on 2010 season.

well said:)

Robbie Daly Ps13
25-01-10, 20:15
Well said is right....... James dean will win it this year no doubt........ He only came good at the end of last season I think he was only really starting to find his barings with the car...... He even said it himself the rx was a lot different to slide than the 14........ Saying that theres some serious drivers in it and as ya's all know in drifting anything can happen on the day..........

Roll on prodrift 2010:D

MikeFitz
25-01-10, 23:37

Roll on 2010 season.

Here Here! When you see a flash of pink out of the side of your eye right on your door, you know it has to be wes :D

meego1
25-01-10, 23:48

Roll on 2010 season. Well siad and agree 100 per cent, they dont get enough main stream exposure or the enough praise for the skills that you WEZ and all pro drivers have ,its a level that we all on here aspire to reach some day.

conorosr20
26-01-10, 17:36
here here :D

bart
30-01-10, 00:20
still no word??????????????????????

Jay Rockett
30-01-10, 18:59
Nope, not yet!

onevia
31-01-10, 14:13
cant wait to do my first season :D:D:D
james deane for the win

James Deane RX7
31-01-10, 19:28
cant wait to do my first season :D:D:D
james deane for the win

Thanks lad lol :D

Alan Lenihan
31-01-10, 22:26
Like every year that passes, the standards are being raised higher and higher by each individual driver in every class, not just the pros. Once people get back into the swing of things again, it really is anyones game!!! To name a driver to take any championship in 2010 at this stage would be a hard call, (for me anyways) The events/tracks/format could be totally changed and throw things totally different on any event, no one can tell!!! I hope 2010 will be just as good for me, my team, and all my sponsors and brothers as previous years :cool:

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 01:02
Completely agree Alan, 2008 was all on nose clips, 2009 was all on ass clips so who knows what 2010 will hold, it be boring if every year was the same and also proves who has the complete control on track to take the championship at the end of the year, different challenges = more challenges for drivers and more fun for spectators:D

James Deane RX7
01-02-10, 19:50
Agree with ye both, it really is anyones game...it should turn out to be a tuff championship again this year.:)

MikeFitz
01-02-10, 21:03
Yep, well said all of ye, the standard is getting so high now that there are at least six or seven drivers that could pull it out of the box this year. James looks set for a great year all going well, all Mike has to do is be as good as last year :) Dean Kearney is always a threat, Alan Sinnott is flying it, John Paul Mac is getting better with every event, Johnny Power is capable of anything and any one of the three Lenihans could do it. Alls I say is roll on another year of craic, smoke, surprises, drama, drink, and more craic!

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 22:02
Mr Johnny P aint competing this year the village people have robbed him into the wonderful world of rally this year:(

MikeFitz
01-02-10, 22:19
Mr Johnny P aint competing this year the village people have robbed him into the wonderful world of rally this year:(

Ah stop! Tar or forestry?

EvojeepGal
01-02-10, 22:20
No clue to be honest i was too busy drinking ;)

Frankae86
01-02-10, 22:23
Ah stop! Tar or forestry?

Driving a twin cam on the black stuff i think lad!

MikeFitz
01-02-10, 22:25

A man after your own heart :D

Robbie Daly Ps13
01-02-10, 22:46

Well ya couldn't blame the man for wanting to do that......

Frankae86
01-02-10, 22:51
Sure couldnt, ill get a few pics up when i had the twin cam rally car....