PDA

View Full Version : altezza for drift days ??

brian-curro
09-04-13, 14:07
what up people just said i trough it up here

i have a offer for a an altezza , its not a road car , it would be for the track , i would be cutting everthing i could to make it as light as possible , it will be my first rwd to teach myself to drift , is it wort it ?? all comment will me much appreciated , thanks

also might add i know there other threads about altezza's on here but i want to know what thay'd be for track after choping the the unwanted weight

Geestar7
09-04-13, 14:36
I have an is200 and unless its wet you would probably struggle alot on track. I am hoping to buy an S13 sr20det at the wknd for track after originally planning to put my lexus on track but due to the fact that I struggle on a dry day on the road to even do 2nd im not going to even bother trying out on track for fear it would be dry. Saying that though the altezza is meant to have 20 more ponies under the bonnet at about 175bhp! Best of luck! :D

Hachi
09-04-13, 14:45
Never driven an IS200 or Altezza on road or track. But any of them that I have seen on track drifting are usually appear to be quite a struggle to even kick out. Only the ones that look like they have had quite a few pennies spent on them.

I'm sure you'll have Grange mention the "Time-Attack" Altezza (as we called it) at Tynagh.

I'm sure the money could be much better spent

brian-curro
09-04-13, 15:15
thats the thing it a bargain in my case have a car that has been passed on 2 me and the lad is on for a swap so it would be rude not 2 imo lol , but if i was to chop the front and back , doors , bonnet , boot etc more less every thing
it should slide some bit ?? , really just want it to get me started in a rwd as iv been talking about geting one seance i was about 13 lol

PS13!
09-04-13, 16:12
the altezza's standard weight is 1,476 kg, and with a 210-220 hp motor, it would need to go on a diet. how much lighter you can get i really don't know. As Hachi said there not very tail happy probably due to it being a sedan and having a soft enough suspension. I'd guess some coilover and metal bushing in the rear suspension would solve that.

stones
09-04-13, 16:16
The doors weigh a tonne start there cut em up boot floor and the whole pocket area basically leave the chassis legs brace it coilovers hardrace bushes and you might stand sum chance plus there a car that badly need extra lock....

brian-curro
09-04-13, 16:29
yeah coils would be a must along with spacers and mod and other bits and bobs foe extra lock

any cheep engine mods that would make any difference ??

PS13!
09-04-13, 16:39
if its the beams 2ltr, i'd leave it be, heard of people losing power when change the airbox to an aftermarket kit, its a perfect standard set up, imo

brian-curro
09-04-13, 16:51
thanks for the advice everyone

shtones
09-04-13, 20:18
One of the lads down here in galway drifts a white altezza up in tynagh, has it stripped out hydro and thats about it really and it flys out in the dry, but he is a good pilot!

Aengus_c
09-04-13, 21:05
If its such a bargain it could be worth a try but there nothing like a silvia to drift. Itll definatly need stiffer suspension and as much weight loss as possible.

sr20180sx
09-04-13, 23:07
i watched them in tynagh the last day they would barely pull 2nd
with a bit of clutch kicking a 328 beemer with a bit of suspension would be miles better imo!!

doug
10-04-13, 12:49
i drove 2 altezzas and i found they wer very weak power wise, tryd to clutch kick in 2nd on one and it just bogged down!
run space savers you might have a chance otherwise go fro a big engine bmw!

nova_chancer
27-05-13, 19:57
Id go wit altezza with beams engine.had mine out bout 5 times and not once had a problem wit t.lexus be ok for wet days but dont have the power in the dry.just strip out the interior and change exhaust from manifold back and fit a hydro.mine can keep wit sr20s up around 300bhp no problem and no problems like turbo yokes

slithertooth
27-05-13, 20:14
Heavy Heavy car, power is very over estimated. your average altezza is not near 200bhp let alone 220. Go with a bmw with a big stove for cheeps. If budget will allow get a nissan .

nova_chancer
27-05-13, 21:42
For a beginner stay away from turbo car.they cost a fortune to keep goin and are hard get used to especially a standard sr20 cos turbo lag s very bad.beamers arent to bd but wouldnt go anytin under 2.5 and standard clutches are rubbish if you have a heavy foot and very bad for overheatin very quick.wouldnt listen to people who say you hav to cut the arse off them to do anytin.mine is a road car and drive it to track and will hammer most sr20 off the track.if your in tynagh for superdrift in few weeks il be in white altezza call over and can bring you out and ul see yourself