PDA

View Full Version : f-con pro v gold /sr20 map

jonosilvia
13-06-09, 09:53
Anybody know anything about Adam McDonald in tullamore (total torque motorsport) or got him to map or do tuning work
Thanks

Barry
13-06-09, 12:57
Barry morris.......087-7829045, hes down that general direction and by far the best.

podge
14-06-09, 00:15
only one in ireland tat can map hks is track day performance one of the best mappers in the country imo

jonosilvia
17-06-09, 09:10
thanks for replies

anyone had robbie map a f-con gold with an sr20det

jonosilvia
25-06-09, 13:25
how about anyone had robbie map an f-con

nigey00
25-06-09, 16:20
East Coast Customs in Lisburn are yer men..... HKS super dealer and are top lads!!

alan sinnott
25-06-09, 22:49
robbie maped mine and i wouldnt bring it any where else.

s13-ste
25-06-09, 23:52
FIRST IF IV NOT HAD A CAR MAPPED BY ROBBIE.
iv heard all sorts of things about robbie(TDP) most good and when you look at their own cars its clear he knows his suff.
greg had his chaser mapped there, chucky had his mapped there and both sign praises about the lad.
iv heard one or two horror storys but when it come to me getting mine mapped im going to robbie

jonosilvia
26-06-09, 09:19
appreciate that thanks

mr.jailbait
26-06-09, 09:49
all this hype about robbie thornton i dont get.
ive heard a good few horror stories about cars mapped by him.
and his dyno reads about 30% more than every other dyno in ireland.

its more like tracTOR day performance

s13-ste
26-06-09, 11:50
Dyno readings in ireland aint worth shite. every one of them are different so comparisson(sp) cant be done really. TDP have a Dynopack, power comes from the hubs in stead of the wheels of fly,
WCP is from the wheels and cars that have used both always have very different readings. think thats why sxoc always head up north for RR days

owen180
26-06-09, 12:18
i use wcp lads. They use a dyno dynamic road. One of the most professional and accurate roads in the world. Plus they can't be messed wit. As far as i no they are all linked to a main computer system and if they fuck around wit the readings from a shoot out run it will show up and then there in trouble wit the main dealers. Thats wat if heard anyway. They can give u readings from the fly or the wheels.

PeterT
26-06-09, 17:28
There is some horror stories about TDP, but that was from when they were in the old unit and rushing things in the small space.

Theres a reason 99% of drift and rally cars competing in Ireland go to Robbie...

mr.jailbait
26-06-09, 17:31
yeah,cos he fools them into thinking theyve way more horsepower than what they actually have.supposedly 370-380 hp can be got with a gtss on a sr20 on his dyno.ha!

martin treacey any day of the week

PeterT
26-06-09, 17:44
Martin Treacy runs things too safe though, doesnt get what can be got, ya always see cars with say 300 ft torque and like 200bhp, aparently hes too safe with them.
theres a guy called lloyd hutchinson who races minis, and built an n/a 1.4 mini thats 192bhp, all the cars he works on went to Martin for years, but hes now given up with that and sends EVERYTHING to Robbie to be mapped and dynod. Must be some reason for that too.

mr.jailbait
26-06-09, 17:48
edited because its not meant to be public knowledge

PeterT
26-06-09, 18:11
rofl! top secret shiz! ha. I dont know though, thats where im going to get mine mapped when it needs it. Friend of mine used to be a mechanic there, says robbies a twat but knows his shiz!

Simon
26-06-09, 18:23
rofl! top secret shiz! ha. I dont know though, thats where im going to get mine mapped when it needs it. Friend of mine used to be a mechanic there, says robbies a twat but knows his shiz!

he is by far THE HARDEST MAN TO DEAL WITH!!!!!:mad: but again i belive he works wonders and is very very good at wat he does!!!

saying that i got my car dynod down in Martin Tracys and i was overly happy wit what he did and he has alot of time for his customers which makes a big difference, but as pete says he is know to run alot of the turbo cars extreemly safe, the man is a genious wit webbers, carbd engines in general!!!!

lsd32
26-06-09, 20:49
where is martin treacy based???

mr.jailbait
27-06-09, 10:28
enfield,county meath

danmoorhead
28-06-09, 01:21
trackday maps all my cars and i wouldn't let anyone apart from him at my cars!!!

meego1
28-06-09, 02:13
East Coast Customs in Lisburn are yer men..... HKS super dealer and are top lads!!

i 2nd this, me bro got his skyline done wid ecc mapped a hks ecu for him. nicest lads out of every where iv been too

Frankae86
28-06-09, 16:17
I like listening to where lads would and wouldnt take their cars,
Mapping is extremley important, like you could spend 5grand on an engine and your putting it into the hands of the man mapping it essentially.
Dont know who id go to after all... Even though its the other end of the country id probably go to EEC.

jonosilvia
29-06-09, 12:51
I like listening to where lads would and wouldnt take their cars,
Mapping is extremley important, like you could spend 5grand on an engine and your putting it into the hands of the man mapping it essentially.
Dont know who id go to after all... Even though its the other end of the country id probably go to EEC.

This is why i asked the question. Booked in to tdp for this friday and i am going to bring a rope to hang myself just in case things dont go to plan. I will let ye know.