PDA

View Full Version : Drift cars wanted for display!

IDC Info
14-03-13, 22:34
Drift cars wanted for display! Kilbeggin Racecourse on Good Friday 29th March.
This organisation have contacted me wanting to know if there were any Drifters who might be interested in displaying their car at this show. It looks like a good cause. Of course only clean living law abiding citizens may apply.... that kind of narrows the choices, ok nearly, clean living law abiding citizens may apply!!
Email: irishdriftchampionship@gmail.com if any of ye are interested.

Make Good Friday ‘National Teen Aware Day’. That’s the appeal from a group of people based in the Midlands including school teachers, students and various members of the emergency services and road safety backgrounds. Their plan is to designate Good Friday, 29 th March and every Good Friday as ‘National Teen Aware Day’ to raise awareness about Cyber Bullying, Suicide Prevention and Road Safety awareness.

The idea follows on from the successful outdoor events and concerts organised by Teen Aware for the past three years. Teen Aware was established by Edenderry Ambulance Paramedic Bruce McCormack and school teacher Sean McFadden with the assistance of Transition Year students from the Sacred Heart School in Tullamore, Co. Offaly. Making Good Friday as National Teen Aware day is the brainchild of Kildare's road safety officer Declan Keogh, a member of the Teen Aware Coordinating committee.

The group held a press conference to launch the appeal and invited speakers were victim and survivor of bullying Kayleigh Cullinane, Jim Harding from Bully for You, Josephine Rigney from the HSE and Road Safety Officer Declan Keogh.

Kayleigh suffered at the hands of her bullies in 2010. She said “The bullies made me feel very small and that there was nobody else in the world that wanted to be my friend or help me. And that’s what bullies wanted me to feel like. Teen Aware is a good way of creating awareness about bullying” Kayleigh has a tattoo on her which reads ‘Never Give Up’ and they are the three words that she sticks by.

Jim Harding stated that approximately one in four school children are bullied and one in three school yard bullies will have a criminal record by the age of 30. These are stark figures and it is the intention of Teen Aware to create more awareness around preventing cyber bullying and also Suicide awareness and prevention.

The Teen Aware group has written to the Department of Children and Youth Affairs to endorse their planned national themed day and are hopeful of a positive response, meanwhile, Declan Keogh is inviting all other groups and associations such as the No Name Clubs and Foroige etc to come on board and help make Good Friday National Teen Aware Day. “The purpose of having a national Teen Aware day is to provide a platform for teenagers from which other youth groups across the country can create their own awareness campaigns under the umbrella of Teen Aware, and in keeping with the awareness programme of cyber bullying, suicide prevention and road safety awareness, and anyone who wishes to do so can contact us at info@teenaware.ie”

The Teen Aware concert will take place at Kilbeggin Racecourse on Good Friday 29th March and is promised to be a fun packed day with lots of entertainment and awareness. There will be information stands and a tented area for those attending while there will also be performances by top bands and acts.

JohnC
14-03-13, 22:38
Good way to promote all car enthusiasts aren't boy racers as they stereotype everyone that's likes cars

Fair play

IDC Info
15-03-13, 12:10
Exactly, we must come up with the drifting equivalent of Motor Sport Ireland's "Keep the race in it's place" slogan.

JohnC
15-03-13, 12:13
Keep it sideways on the track

ian g sr20
15-03-13, 21:40
If car is fully finished i couod bring it down. Will know sooner to date

IDC Info
18-03-13, 11:52
Good stuff

IDC Info
27-03-13, 17:30
This show is on Friday, anyone else interested in putting their Drift car on display?