PDA

View Full Version : Attention IDC Drivers/Potential Drivers!

DaveZigen
06-03-13, 19:41
*IDC Commentary Information*

This year the commentary team will consist of 3 members including myself.

We are hoping to advance on what we've learned over the past few years and make this year even more entertaining and informative for the crowd and of course help you guys gain recognition to hopefully attract new sponsorship/fan support and keep your continuous support from existing sponsors.

This is obviously for your benefit and it surprises me how few drivers actually take advantage as it leaves a lot of guess-work for myself and the rest of the commentary team throughout the year.

So a couple of points:

- I will not be the sole commentator so assume that the rest of the team will not know anything about you other than the information you provide.
- Do not go into huge technical detail as this is lost on most of the crowd but instead concentrate on what makes you/your car interesting and try and keep things light-hearted (and clean) while setting yourself apart from other drivers.
-Mention all your sponsors.
-Stick to the format provided below and don't write an essay.
-As the Irish drift community is small make sure to inform team-mates/friends/neighbours of this and make sure they know about it i.e. they are not members of Driftireland/facebook etc.

Once again it doesn't matter if you are James Deane or it's your first event you MUST complete this form. If not you will just be a name and number.

This is for all members of Rookie,Semi-Pro and Pro Classes

The Format:

Name-
Location-
Car-
Engine-
Horsepower-
No. of years competing-
Best results (Championship/Rounds)-
Interesting car specs-
Interesting build notes-
Sponsors-

Feel free to write more after these are completed and we'll work through it.

This form must be completed by March 30th (Logging Day)

No submissions will be accepted late.

Sorry for being so harsh but it's something people forget and it's so important!

I will be naming and shaming after the 30th to hunt those who haven't completed the form:p

The e-mail to send your submissions:

IDCCommentary@hotmail.com

Cheers guys :cool:

Dunnedriftin
06-03-13, 20:10
Fair play dave for doing this, Your always looking for info on drivers/teams ect to give them air time at events!!! But 1 thing you are doing which is most important & its giving the drivers a chance to get more exposeur & give not just them but there sponsers some light, attention & media, more than just having a sticker stuck on a car!!

m3con
06-03-13, 21:51
That's a great idea fair play looking forward to seeing a few rounds this year

paulfluke
06-03-13, 22:46
Done.

It'll give ye something to talk about while my cars being pulled outta the wall and or gravel :p

Paul.

180sxbreaker
06-03-13, 22:55
Why no amateurs this year? A bit stupid in my opinion
Any of the amateurs from last year so, can't enter idc

Bad form in my opinion if I have picked it up right

Doofer
06-03-13, 23:08
if I have picked it up right

You havnt.... Ha Ha

180sxbreaker
07-03-13, 00:32
Explain so aarron so I can apologise to Mr Egan

Chuck_g
07-03-13, 00:48
Sent!! :) Hope its clean enough, *Pics Included* :P

DaveZigen
07-03-13, 01:36
Amatuer is now 'rookie' class just to clear things up guys :-)

180sxbreaker
07-03-13, 01:54
Apologies so Dave
Thought the way ya had it worded that there was goin to be no amateurs "rookies" this year

Moose
08-03-13, 00:09
sent, think ive enough info there anyways

DaveZigen
10-03-13, 10:24
Cheers lads, weekend reminder bump :-)

DaveZigen
12-03-13, 15:56
If guys who have their car pretty much finished can mail me ASAP it would be great as we are trying to work through most entrys early :-)

Falvey
14-03-13, 02:22
Not a very exciting read, but done anyway Dave (",)

DaveZigen
20-03-13, 23:51
Most of you will have heard the announcement that IDC will be gaining television coverage this year so PLEASE keep sending those forms.

Less than 2 weeks to get them in!

DaveZigen
23-03-13, 17:07
Less than 1 week to get these in, can't believe most people aren't availing of the oppertunity. It only takes 5 mins to fill in and it's the best form of self-promotion available. Remember the new commentary team will not know the regulars so fill in as much info as possible

driftjunkies
29-03-13, 21:57
done there also meself and me brother on the one email not much of a read but sure better than nothin

DaveZigen
04-04-13, 19:53
Cheers lads we got most of ye on the e-mail or logging day so compling the database now.

If anybody hasnt sent it be quick as we will nit be working on this after this week and its your own fault then.

git
04-04-13, 19:56
Come on lads !! Get them in its all good for drifting and a bit of superstar profiling over the mic for you and the car :-) !!..... BRING IT !! :-D

DaveZigen
08-04-13, 19:04
Entries almost closed