PDA

View Full Version : Hydro Will not work??

crossy
12-02-13, 09:36
After bleeding the Hydro twice and it still doesnt lock up the back wheels. It only slows me down.

I put new drilled and groved disks on the back with EBC yellow stuff brake pads. Is it cause they are new pads or what am I doing wrong?

Cheers

ian g sr20
12-02-13, 10:10
After bleeding the Hydro twice and it still doesnt lock up the back wheels. It only slows me down.

I put new drilled and groved disks on the back with EBC yellow stuff brake pads. Is it cause they are new pads or what am I doing wrong?

Cheers

Check the sliders on rear callaiper brackets. Wat mke hydro is it and wat size cylinder.
How did u go about bleading it out

Robbie Daly Ps13
12-02-13, 10:22
I say ur calipers are the wrong way around....!

crossy
12-02-13, 11:23
Bleeding it using the brake pedal aswel. feels good and firm but does nothing. Its one of these type hydros (click the link). Its just t pieced into the brake line going to the back brakes. http://www.enjukuracing.com/product_images/h/927/ksporthydro__01740_zoom.jpg

Famous jh
12-02-13, 12:24
What calipers are you using?

ian g sr20
12-02-13, 14:58
K.sport hydro are shit get a proper hydro had smlame trouble with the 1 that came in my drift car

rps13Carlow
12-02-13, 17:52
Surly if you T pieced it into the rear brakes then you will loose pressure going back up to the master cylinder??

Stevie-mc
12-02-13, 18:26
Could be the cylinder? I had a 0.7 cylinder in my hydro and was hard to pull swapped it for a 0.625 and works perfect now.

gary g
12-02-13, 18:51
Make sure you have brake lines the right way around going into the cylinder, front line to back of cylinder back line the front of cylinder, and .625 wilwood cylinder would better if you don't have a .625 already, also grease up the sliding pins on the calipers with copper grease not wd40, other than that it should work unless you have a tiny leak sumwhere check all fittings are bone dry no drops coming from them

driftjunkies
12-02-13, 23:18
yip as above once your calipers are good and the sliders are free you should probly change the cylinder wilwood or obp .625,some cylinders that come with them handbrakes are shite barrys do the wilwoods around 50europeans i think.

crossy
19-02-13, 11:18
Gonna just make one myself I think out of a willwood cylinder and a very long handle :)

Famous jh
19-02-13, 13:38
Gonna just make one myself I think out of a willwood cylinder and a very long handle :)

Pointless. What brakes are you running?

crossy
19-02-13, 14:12
Pointless. What brakes are you running?

Standard rear calipers. Drilled and grooved discs with yellow stuff pads.

Famous jh
19-02-13, 14:17
Standard rear calipers. Drilled and grooved discs with yellow stuff pads.

Thats your problem right there. Sick of telling people this over an over. You can have all the willwood cylinders an long handles you want still dont change the fact that the calipers are shit.

Skyline rear discs and calipers. Only answer.

crossy
19-02-13, 14:29
Thats your problem right there. Sick of telling people this over an over. You can have all the willwood cylinders an long handles you want still dont change the fact that the calipers are shit.

There is a lot of lads i know that are not using skyline brakes and they have way better brakes than i do. I can put skyline brakes on it no problem but there has to be a reason why i am getting little or no brakes on the back. I should be getting at least something better than a small bit of rubbing.

rps13Carlow
19-02-13, 18:25
Just to be sure, this is what you did yeah? And not put a T piece where it says cut?

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa436/1600nx/80cde880-51d6-491a-87b1-5fb579e7baaf_zps7fb1d2a9.jpg

gary g
19-02-13, 18:33
Just to be sure, this is what you did yeah? And not put a T piece where it says cut?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attachments/technical-stuff/6761d1207660262-hydraulic-handbrake-factory-handbrake-removal.jpg

Front line should be going into rear of hydraulic cylinder, back line coming from front of cylinder

gary g
19-02-13, 18:37
There is a lot of lads i know that are not using skyline brakes and they have way better brakes than i do. I can put skyline brakes on it no problem but there has to be a reason why i am getting little or no brakes on the back. I should be getting at least something better than a small bit of rubbing.

Explain in detail how you bled the brakes, you should bleed brakes as normal without pulling the hydro handbrake, then when you have a hard pedal when all nipples are closed, push pedal open nipple again hold it down then pull back hydro handle, close nipple, release hanbrake and pedal, hand repeat until handbrake is hard

gary g
19-02-13, 18:42
And make sure you have a .625 cylinder

crossy
21-02-13, 10:45
Explain in detail how you bled the brakes, you should bleed brakes as normal without pulling the hydro handbrake, then when you have a hard pedal when all nipples are closed, push pedal open nipple again hold it down then pull back hydro handle, close nipple, release hanbrake and pedal, hand repeat until handbrake is hard

It was bled exactly like that. Yowdy on here did it for me. I might take off the calipers on the back and clean and re-grease them. Actually confusing me so much now ha

pinny
21-02-13, 11:05
Get a look at the piston aswell ! Push it out a little and Jus pull aside the rubber dust seal. Could be caked up with rust in there. If the pistons are badly rusted and pitted you may aswel just get a set of callipers. Theyre not worth rebuilding

rico180
21-02-13, 11:38
I was getting a price for rebuilding my own €500 , sent to England .for that much money I could have bought 4 second hand sets. I was getting a price of Nissan too for 2 new caliper's for the rear , €1200 :shocked::shocked::shocked::(

Edit ; I just read that your still using standard brakes.. I was talking about skyline ones.

gary g
21-02-13, 14:47
It was bled exactly like that. Yowdy on here did it for me. I might take off the calipers on the back and clean and re-grease them. Actually confusing me so much now ha

If you can put up a few pictures of the way you have the brake lines ran

S13..KEV
21-02-13, 14:58

spot on dude

I had the same problem till I changed to r33 front,rear calipers with steel braided all round plus a o.75 handbreak cylinder even with shit pads it always lock up

LarZ
21-02-13, 17:10
Yup agreed. I got a nice obp hydro fitted, driftworks lines, the business, thinking it would sort me out but I couldn't even get the hydro to lock in the wet. Changed to skyline rear discs/calipers with some decent lines, and i can't believe the difference. Now I just go light on the handle and the brakes do all the hard work.

Prodrifter86
21-02-13, 17:23
Having the same problem........ only i havent touched my brakes with pads or anything and they havent been touched for 10years LOL!.... but i used the .625 wilwood. and cant get it to lock when out in mondello in the wet. people are telling me. with good pads and discs it shud work. but after reading this and seeing the amount of poeple sayin the same thing maybe its not worth doing anything with sbody rear brakes just get skyline

crossy
28-02-13, 09:18
Cheers guys for your answers. :) One quick question. would a 0.70 be better again than a 0.75?

aka pete
28-02-13, 10:19
sorry to hijack ..
what's the best R body brake conversion for 4 stud s body - rear only..
If only doing discs and calipers - keeping hubs..

chrisb
28-02-13, 11:29
dont believe the hype about skyline brakes, ive had the same settup with the same pads for 4 years and have never had any problems with the wheels locking.

standard 180 calipers, drilled and groved discs, project mu pads, dot 5 fluid. takes usual pressure to lock the first time when cold but after that a baby could lock the rear.

as said i have ran this now for 4 years, granted the pads have now only about 2-3mm left on them so il be ordering new project mu ones very soon i would think.