PDA

View Full Version : ae86 owners / tuner's please give imput .

D-turbo-lad
04-02-13, 19:06
hi all .

mate of mine has has a 87 ae86 large port engine . drivetrain is basic enough in it . it has a lsd of some discription but unsure or ratio only other mod are 4branch and japspeed!

he only has it short while and brought it for its 1st proper drive last week end and well is lacking power tbh. (has full standard power)

he is on the quest for more power .

he was looking at his options and is rather unsure on what to do . eaither to sr it 4agze / 4age 20v or spend some money on the current 4age 16v thats all ready in the car.

if the was looking to sr it it would be in the region of 1000-1500 fully done and running!

my main question is what sort of mod's would 1 get for the same price range on the 16v 4age ?? ie cams itb's ? ecu head work cooling ??

what sort or money would a 20v conversion be ? and to not to cut the bulk head ie. run a trigger pully on the crank pully ? and what sort of moeny to do some upgrade's on the 20v .?

also i have seen here and there to do the basic's 1st as in a 4.7cwp set up lightweight flywheel and a good clutch ??

all help is greatly appreciated

cheers

gav

kenny046
04-02-13, 19:33
big money to get decent power out of a 4age 16v would be cheaper to go the 20v route for the power gains

can be done cheap using cops now but id rather the dizzy relocation kit.

there are 2 absolute beauty's of engines for sale on ae86irl at the min

http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/showthread.php?49382-FOR-SALE-Built-16V-on-itbs-omex

http://www.ae86irl.com/forum/showthread.php?47625-fully-rebuilt-4agze-for-sale-nice-spec

D-turbo-lad
04-02-13, 21:37
thanks alot eoin :)

il pass on them links as im not able to reg on that !!

any 1 else any info ???

kenny046
04-02-13, 22:42
thanks alot eoin :)

il pass on them links as im not able to reg on that !!

any 1 else any info ???

no worrys if your mate hasnt joined up can put in a good word for him the gze engine i linked is crazy good value

pinny
04-02-13, 23:43
Lacking power compared to what ?

My ol cam is standard really and has no bother filling the clock. Gets there pretty quick too. Ive drove plenty of other ones and ya some a bit dead but nothin a bit of an engine build wouldnt sort !

sc86
05-02-13, 00:02
20v is cheap conversion now

im sellin engine complete with loom etc for 495e

standard 4age is dear to tune, good clutch + flywheel is best mods

Twincam-Collins
07-02-13, 14:37
If he's looking for bigger power be cheaper to go 20v. 4age mods don't come cheap. The buddy has a 20v trueno and she is a little dinger ta be fair