PDA

View Full Version : Nistune vs Power FC?

tom.com
11-01-13, 21:41
this could be a repost but anyway

plannng on mapping in mid-february....can somebody list some of the pro's and cons with both,aaparently nistune is a better ecu,but i just think powerfc's with the commander are cool to have...info and opinions appreciated.

Kruizer
11-01-13, 22:02
I'll be going nistune anyways on my RX8.

PTM_Nissan
11-01-13, 22:04
Have nistune on my own 180sx and cant complain, good setup

S14a johno
11-01-13, 22:11
running a nistune 3 or 4 years now, best bitta gear i ever bought, never had any issue with it, i tryed toget a powerfc before xmas for the new build but the price of them was mad,
but it todo with cost and being honest ya can get a greddy itouch for the nistune as it have a op2 port ( i tink that name of it) it plug in and play,

but for me the nistune is just as good as the apexi .....

do saying that ive sold my nistune and got a stand alone ecu from the state's lol
as i wanted get rid of the AFM

it may look the job with the greddy itouch but they do cost a bit do

darren C
11-01-13, 22:12
get a nistune and put a teddy on the dash :) that will look cool too :P

rico180
12-01-13, 15:22
this could be a repost but anyway

plannng on mapping in mid-february....can somebody list some of the pro's and cons with both,aaparently nistune is a better ecu,but i just think powerfc's with the commander are cool to have...info and opinions appreciated.

i dont use it myself, but most of my friends have it and swear by it. theres built in safety fertures knock and all that other stuff. money wise its better value. i would have got it myself if i didnt already have a power FC. the nistune is also new tec where as the power FC wounld be 8/10 years old now.
all that said i would go for a nistune.

slithertooth
12-01-13, 16:50
At the end of the day they are only as good as the person mapping it. Get that sorted and let them convince you which is better for your car.

PeterT
12-01-13, 17:18
nistunes are waaaaaay cheaper! I tried to get the cefiro mapped on a power fc but the ecu was being a cunt, went for nistune and got Robbie to map it and it was sweet as a nut

JDMfrank
12-01-13, 18:35
running a nistune 3 or 4 years now, best bitta gear i ever bought, never had any issue with it, i tryed toget a powerfc before xmas for the new build but the price of them was mad,
but it todo with cost and being honest ya can get a greddy itouch for the nistune as it have a op2 port ( i tink that name of it) it plug in and play,

but for me the nistune is just as good as the apexi .....

do saying that ive sold my nistune and got a stand alone ecu from the state's lol
as i wanted get rid of the AFM

it may look the job with the greddy itouch but they do cost a bit do

What's the advantage of getting rid of the AFM?

S14a johno
12-01-13, 18:46
What's the advantage of getting rid of the AFM?

if the z32 shit's it self ya wouldnt get 5ft in the car (days drifting gone) , one reason's and second reason it better for mapping,

but my main reason is my z32 was going bonkers, and i was getting a custom loom any way so opt for the stand alone ecu with out AFM

ali-d1936
12-01-13, 19:15
i always wanted a power FC as i thought the Commander was a nice feature as you can get feedback Ect from it, but i seen there is a similar display that plugs into the nistune that displays info from the ecu like the commander.

S14a johno
12-01-13, 19:26
i always wanted a power FC as i thought the Commander was a nice feature as you can get feedback Ect from it, but i seen there is a similar display that plugs into the nistune that displays info from the ecu like the commander.

http://greddy.net.au/img/PHP/products/jpg/1382.jpg

ali-d1936
12-01-13, 19:52
thats sweet, could just mount that as a Gague cluster and do away with the clocks :) provided the ECU is deacent and well supported. the display would be a bonus.

Eoin k
13-01-13, 00:11
http://greddy.net.au/img/PHP/products/jpg/1382.jpg
how much are they?

180sx drifter
13-01-13, 00:17
how much are they?

€376 on rhd Japan I think

japman
13-01-13, 03:46
I want

slithertooth
13-01-13, 09:09
They are out a few years now I think. Probably better technology available

pinny
13-01-13, 09:27
That looks cool as hell !! Any other controllers that will plug into a nistune ?

Kruizer
13-01-13, 10:12
Was looking at Power FC D-Jetro's on RHD Japan, they are going for €1,136 !

paulr5
13-01-13, 10:47
Was looking at Power FC D-Jetro's on RHD Japan, they are going for €1,136 !

All rhd Japan products come with a tube of ky jelly....
Most in Ireland don't realsise how cheap are used parts market is.

Power fc djetro and it's top notch IMO
To the poster who said nistune has a knock feature and all that... all ecu's have this as std common sence and any tuner who messes with stock knock map doesn't know what there at.

Also if you do want to do away with an air flow meter, nistune can be adjusted to run without it, like a closed loop mode (not good for daily driver)

Your limited by tuners by the chipped ecu as well.