PDA

View Full Version : conversion help is200

popsy 09
02-01-13, 19:44
looking to do a conversion on my is200 ,i searched most of the threads on here and came across the usual 1jz,2jz,sr20,rb25

the only one i seen complete was the rb25 red is200 but that was a track car id imagine he didnt try get he standard gauges etc working

did anyone on here do a complete conversion ?? i am just looking for the best route to go , i understand the lexus ecu is a pain and you need a standalone to run the engine and the standard ecu to run electrics, gauges etc really want to keep my heated seats ha ha

power wise id be happy with anything close to 300 and prob 350 max , i know sr is the obvious choice but from what i read its not as straight forward on the is200 as the altezza fuel lines etc are on the wrong side

anyone put me in right direction so i can go buy me some parts , if there is another conversion that i missed out on let me know i am not too pushed which one goes in :cool:

topdog
02-01-13, 20:49
throw in a diesel lawd she be mint

Stonie
02-01-13, 20:50
Iv a diesel one nearly finished:-)

mulgrew53
02-01-13, 20:58
I put a sr20 stove in my is200 was handy enuf done put new fuel lines down er made gear box mount cut subframe for engine ta sit back modified engine mounts an propshaft.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/mulgrew53/image_zps009c39f9.jpg

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo143/mulgrew53/image_zps478393bb.jpg

popsy 09
02-01-13, 21:31
A diesel with a big boooooo is tempting but maybe at a later stage ha ha

Is that sr20 running ? What ecu did you go for ? Do you have any of your rev clock , petrol gauge etc working ?

mulgrew53
02-01-13, 21:55
A diesel with a big boooooo is tempting but maybe at a later stage ha ha

Is that sr20 running ? What ecu did you go for ? Do you have any of your rev clock , petrol gauge etc working ?

Yea she's running an driving she's a drift car so not 2 worried bout dash clocks.! I'll put gauges in , just standard ecu in at the min
But lifting power fc for her this week.

popsy 09
02-01-13, 22:11
Yea she's running an driving she's a drift car so not 2 worried bout dash clocks.! I'll put gauges in , just standard ecu in at the min
But lifting power fc for her this week.

did you completly remove the lexus ecu so ?? with mine being a road car id want a petrol gauge rev and speed counter and my heated seats ha ha

you have to keep the lexus ecu for these and then run a power fc etc for the engine

i am unsure how that exactly works but thats all i am reading on forums etc

mulgrew53
02-01-13, 22:22
did you completly remove the lexus ecu so ?? with mine being a road car id want a petrol gauge rev and speed counter and my heated seats ha ha

you have to keep the lexus ecu for these and then run a power fc etc for the engine

i am unsure how that exactly works but thats all i am reading on forums
etc

Ecu runs engine only there another brain box for runing al the other crap
Few wires from ecu will need ta be joint in to dash clocks ta sort the oil light ect but I never got the joy of doin this yet,! Wonder has any 1 on here got dash clocks working,??

popsy 09
02-01-13, 22:40
Ecu runs engine only there another brain box for runing al the other crap
Few wires from ecu will need ta be joint in to dash clocks ta sort the oil light ect but I never got the joy of doin this yet,! Wonder has any 1 on here got dash clocks working,??

From what i am reading you need the standard ecu to run the multiplex electrics on the lexus

Im sure id sort something if it was too much hassle but i would like to try get them working

Keith_200SX
02-01-13, 22:52
The Lexus will not run the sr20 with the standard dash, you'll have to run a race dash to have speed and other features!

popsy 09
02-01-13, 23:03
Would that be your only option ? I dont really want to spend mega bucks on a race dash i remember pricing one for a haltech ecu i had and it wasnt cheap ha ha

Stevo
02-01-13, 23:06
Be original...

VQ35DE 276 NA BHP :)

popsy 09
02-01-13, 23:12
Be original...

VQ35DE 276 NA BHP :)

Ib be up for it v6 be cool but was it done before ? Id imagine the price of parts would be costly too

I am looking for the easiest option tbh

Stevo
02-01-13, 23:44
Ib be up for it v6 be cool but was it done before ? Id imagine the price of parts would be costly too

I am looking for the easiest option tbh

Would doubt it was done, ive all the bits there :wink:

jeff nelson sileighty
03-01-13, 10:46
Kruizer on here dropped an Sr in his and she's a full road car so twud be worth dropping him a pm about it

popsy 09
03-01-13, 13:07
Kruizer on here dropped an Sr in his and she's a full road car so twud be worth dropping him a pm about it

That was an altezza its a slightly different conversion

DAVEO
04-02-13, 09:47
Im on the look out for a conversiobn myself. What about a gs300. Was there a lexus with this setup at superdrift in cork recently ??