PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Snap off boss

Damien
30-12-12, 15:06
I'm looking to get a snap off boss kit for my S14 as an extra deterrent to scum, so anybody have any recommendations for ones with minimal play and good strong design I'll also need a boss though I already have a Sparco steering wheel.
Ideally I want a works bell if anybody has one they want to sell, though there a bit expensive for me to justify buying a new one.

Thanks.

raff
30-12-12, 18:42
i have a driftworks one and i think its very good quality

Damien
30-12-12, 20:46
Yea, they seem to be good from what I've read, was also looking at one on the Apex website, but read mixed reviews.

subzero
30-12-12, 21:03
dont buy the ebat special "sparco" ones, there utter shit , one of the lads got caught with em ...

works bell is the best around but expensive .

Damien
30-12-12, 21:12
Yea I won't be going near eBay have heard too many bad stories including one comIng off a car going down a drag strip. There was a works one on here a yer ago and I was goin to buy it even though i had no use for it, regret not buying it now.

subzero
30-12-12, 21:15
ya, the lock and stuff makes em worth every penny .

you can buy em off yahoo if you have the patience . can be got 2nd hand about 120-150 cheaper than new .

pole drift
31-12-12, 20:10
Works bell rapfix 2 it's the job!!

Doofer
01-01-13, 13:09
[QUOTE=subzero;428609]dont buy the ebat special "sparco" ones, there utter shit , one of the lads got caught with em ...

Me too.. Mine served its purpose for a about a month but I just dont trust it anymore..

Damien
01-01-13, 14:00
Any links for yahoo, is it just Japan yahoo auctions yea. There's a small bit off them on Rhdjapan at the moment but still near 400 for the whole works bell kit, though it's probably worth it really compared to an alarm.

Fredericks Balls
03-01-13, 22:03
Spunk out for the Works Bell, even second hand on the yahoo auctions. Alarms arent worth a fook these days. i think Joe still has one of mine? I ended up paying over 500 i think for one but if it saves your car getting knicked then its worth it. Its like the guy who spends 15k on his drift car and gets a crash helmet in aldi for €14.99!

kev.skyline
03-01-13, 22:29
nengun have the whole kit for 330ish shipped. maybe get onto jesse streeter, he might be able to get you a second hand one off the auctions.

Eddie
03-01-13, 22:54
Spunk out for the Works Bell, even second hand on the yahoo auctions. Alarms arent worth a fook these days. i think Joe still has one of mine? I ended up paying over 500 i think for one but if it saves your car getting knicked then its worth it. Its like the guy who spends 15k on his drift car and gets a crash helmet in aldi for €14.99!

I bought the other one off you and its is the best thing I have ever bought for a car. Didnt have a car when I bought and tought about selling but I said I could never sell it. Honestly there worth every penny as you get the lock for it also :cool: And the quality is just unreal, no play whats so ever feels oem.

sparky
03-01-13, 22:54
im using the NRG kit, no problems

paddyb01
03-01-13, 23:18
im using the NRG kit, no problems

Any pics of it fitted want to see how far it will move the wheel out

s15richie
04-01-13, 00:36
Works bell had one on my silvia worth every penny

diggerdolan
04-01-13, 01:33
I've a driftworks one and its been dead on! No play and nice solid engagement, was holding out for a works bell but got impatient!

Fredericks Balls
04-01-13, 08:12
I bought the other one off you and its is the best thing I have ever bought for a car. Didnt have a car when I bought and tought about selling but I said I could never sell it. Honestly there worth every penny as you get the lock for it also :cool: And the quality is just unreal, no play whats so ever feels oem.

I remember because it took me about 7 years to organise to sell it lol :D Wish I kept one now, even though I havent a use for one yet. But 330 is a bargain for one!