PDA

View Full Version : Oil catch can sr20

bnollie
19-12-09, 10:43
Alright lads just got my new manifod put in but the stock oil catch can was catching the manifold. so i ordered a new one off driftworks. just wondering is this the way you install it? if i run a pipe from the t nossel on the top of the head to one of the nossels on the oil can and then run the from the other nossel on the can down beside the manifold where the stock pipe was returning the air flow. i couldnt find anything on this. can anybody help thanks in advance:D

nissan_doctor
20-12-09, 01:00
Alright lads just got my new manifod put in but the stock oil catch can was catching the manifold. so i ordered a new one off driftworks. just wondering is this the way you install it? if i run a pipe from the t nossel on the top of the head to one of the nossels on the oil can and then run the from the other nossel on the can down beside the manifold where the stock pipe was returning the air flow. i couldnt find anything on this. can anybody help thanks in advance:D

Stock oil catch can? There isn't one.

Anyway, yes you have it right, pipe from the rocker cover breather to the can and then back to the intake pipe.

podge
20-12-09, 03:03
if its the black stantard piece at the back of the engine your bining ill give u a few quid for it
its on the back of the manofold as u look in on the right hand side

bnollie
20-12-09, 13:26
if its the black stantard piece at the back of the engine your bining ill give u a few quid for it
its on the back of the manofold as u look in on the right hand side

yup thats the one.you can have it if ya want its 20 euro going in the bin if not.

Thanks for the info nissan doc

way2fastforu
20-12-09, 23:04
sure if its goin in bin ya mite as well give it to him

podge
20-12-09, 23:24
yup thats the one.you can have it if ya want its 20 euro going in the bin if not.

Thanks for the info nissan doc
where u based

sure if its goin in bin ya mite as well give it to him

:cool:

bnollie
20-12-09, 23:25
where u based

:cool:

im in cork lad

podge
20-12-09, 23:40
im in cork lad

aw its a bit far for it ill try find one about here ted u know it actually serves a purpose and its not just there for no reason;)

bnollie
20-12-09, 23:52
aw its a bit far for it ill try find one about here ted u know it actually serves a purpose and its not just there for no reason;)

ya its an air/oil seperator i dont have a use for it now as i have an oil catch tank instead.

podge
20-12-09, 23:56
ya its an air/oil seperator i dont have a use for it now as i have an oil catch tank instead.

it also stops it filling the oil catch can as the oil cant get throught it driving my car hard sometimes ive filled the ol catch can:(
not always thou so we suspect might be a cracked piston in it

bnollie
21-12-09, 00:00
it also stops it filling the oil catch can as the oil cant get throught it driving my car hard sometimes ive filled the ol catch can:(

ya there is def somthing wrong there. they should never fill up they only pick up the bare vapour of the oil.there isnt a drop in mine yet. could be right about a cracked piston

podge
21-12-09, 00:02
ya there is def somthing wrong there. they should never fill up they only pick up the bare vapour of the oil.there isnt a drop in mine yet. could be right about a cracked piston

stay driving it till it blows a piston its like tat a yr and a half now and still going:D

nissan_doctor
21-12-09, 09:02

Filling the catch can is prob more a sign of excessive oil flow to the head. Happens quite a bit on sr's and rb's under hard use.

Given the forces involve in an engine, its quite unlikley that a cracked piston would keep going for a year or more!

podge
21-12-09, 11:43
Filling the catch can is prob more a sign of excessive oil flow to the head. Happens quite a bit on sr's and rb's under hard use.

Given the forces involve in an engine, its quite unlikley that a cracked piston would keep going for a year or more!

thank u world of information i changed the valve at the top of the rocker cover on the left hand side looking it and tis reduced the amount of oil it loses anything else ud reckament

nick180sx
21-12-09, 21:57
podge,mine used ta fill the catch can aswell when i'd give it hard driving but since i put back in the baffled can its made a huge difference

bnollie
21-12-09, 22:17
podge,mine used ta fill the catch can aswell when i'd give it hard driving but since i put back in the baffled can its made a huge difference

did you put it in instead of the catch can??

nick180sx
21-12-09, 22:28
did you put it in instead of the catch can??

used both mate

bnollie
21-12-09, 22:31
used both mate

did you just put it on the line from the head to the can or the sump to the can. just put mine in so havnt drivin it hard yet so dont no if it will fill with oil. will have to wait and see