PDA

View Full Version : engine/turbo options

dannyc
03-12-12, 14:10
well head is wrecked trying to decide what to do myself so I said ill ask on here,

Basically running a 14 drift car pretty much standard with gtss turbo which gave up yesterday (the turbo) only bought it in August so pretty sickened tryin to decode what to do now go for asetup like a gtrs injectors z32 and nistune/pfc or for similar money I can get my hands on a full rb25 conversion, Im not looking for huge power but eventually somewhere on the highside of 300 would be nice

So stick with the sr and look at turbo options or scrap it and go rb25 standard
I realise the rb25 has serious weight to it will this seroiously mess with the cars handling?

Any opinions/advice would be appreciated cheers

tom.com
03-12-12, 16:07
i'd stay sr man,i love them!they can make 380ish without spending crazy money also!

dannyc
03-12-12, 17:03
any turbo preference on the sr??

Darenm
03-12-12, 17:07
how bout a 2871r would see bout 350 with a nistune

ali-d1936
03-12-12, 17:08
in your case id say Stick with the sr you can easily get to the highside of 300 with a sr. And provided your sr is in good nick why go through the hassle of getting a engine and gambling that the box and engine is in good nick.

dannyc
03-12-12, 17:24
one of those would be of interest to me if I go that route alright darren they seem a decent enough turbo, the rb25 gear is in a mates car hes breaking so I know its a good one if you add up all the bits for the sr turbo nistune injectors z32 and i also need a box im at similar money to the rb conversion complete im hesitant about buying a second hand turbo again as i oaid 650 or more in august for second hand gtss of jap performance parts and five events later its for the scrapheap , not to mention i could sell off all the sr bits as engine is good ,

so do i risk another second hand turbo setup and spend the coin to have a healthy powered sr or go for a standard rb setup? ive never drifted an rb either so its a hard one to call for me

Darenm
03-12-12, 17:37
I for one love the sound off rb25 but if u get one ul want to get bigger turbo injectors z32 ect for that aswell 2871rs can be bought new for 1100 or so if i remember correctly bones of 2k in engine work on the sr would see ya have a pritty awesome set up with plenty of power

on another note u were going well yesterday dude

dannyc
03-12-12, 17:57
Its all money money money!! ya id say id have to go for a new turbo anyway feck secondhand again ! ah ill just listen to more experienced lads advice for a while before i make any decisions anyway, the sound of an rb in it would be pretty good tho!!

cheers man had no grip and had to be as ruff with the box to grab third but was getting the hang of it before the turbo went amazed at the difference it made taking the weight out of the back of it aswell car isnt anywhere near as snappy,, u were goin well urself lad car looks well i dunno do i regret changin the zenki front

Darenm
03-12-12, 18:19
Its all money money money!! ya id say id have to go for a new turbo anyway feck secondhand again ! ah ill just listen to more experienced lads advice for a while before i make any decisions anyway, the sound of an rb in it would be pretty good tho!!

cheers man had no grip and had to be as ruff with the box to grab third but was getting the hang of it before the turbo went amazed at the difference it made taking the weight out of the back of it aswell car isnt anywhere near as snappy,, u were goin well urself lad car looks well i dunno do i regret changin the zenki front

Ya best take advise off some one who has done it before went trough it ect
il prob go for a 2871r in time

Ya really starting to get the hang of it now 3rd day ever propper drifting still need to sort suspension set up back allignment was all over the place only noticed the day before
sickened i mist out on ur navan kit i fckn hate fiberglass lost another skirt yesterday lol