PDA

View Full Version : R34 non turbo to turbo

Big P
28-11-12, 23:01
Right lads I have the chance to get me hands on a mint r34 non turbo of a friend of mine it was only resprayed a few months ago bayside blue it was a great job done the car is rarely driven but is on poxy cheap halfords style wheels I don't know what he was thinking and standard suspension, I'm willing to put the money into the car to bring her up to standard as I have Always wanted a 34 turbo

Right my question is in your opinion regarding the engine do you think it would be cheaper to-

A. Fit the existing engine with a turbo kit,ecu,fuel pump and eventually Build the bottom end if needed?

B. Strip the lot and buy a donor car crashed maybe(would be nice for other parts like Coilovers etc) a rb25det complete conversion and drop it in?

C. Bad idea just forget it!!!

Any way lads any input would be be great about the labour efforts of such jobs or prices on such kits or engine would be great thanks!!!

doug
28-11-12, 23:21
go for it! if you want one might aswell build it up your self, Andrewr32 ha sa friend breaking a turbo one so plenty of parts there for it!

Big P
28-11-12, 23:38
Sound man I have always wanted 1 since I can remember but I am just trying to figure out which is the best way to get it running a snail, either a full transplant or just go mad on the original if it will take it obviously there will certain components of the original engine that will need changing straight away any costs of both ways - man hours and hardship- and over all result ( reliability and capability)

slithertooth
29-11-12, 10:43
I'm in the middle of one, unless your getting it for under 2k its really not worth it. But if the car is really clean well then why not, GTT's are at the cheapest in the world over here 5k should buy something that was 4 times that a few years ago. It will never be a gtt but I don't mind that and maybe you won't either. I actually have my engine that's going into it for sale. Use the original box and away ye go

Big P
29-11-12, 16:28
I don't really know what to do I didn't think the gtt's where so cheap !

What kinda money is on your engine?

Will and rb20det/rb25det drop straight in Ye?

slithertooth
29-11-12, 17:27
I don't really know what to do I didn't think the gtt's where so cheap !

What kinda money is on your engine?

Will and rb20det/rb25det drop straight in Ye?

Either way man there pretty cool cars so you wont regret it, I must get my finger out .... but its winter and 4wd skylines ftw