PDA

View Full Version : manifold glowing bright red

m-sykes
16-12-09, 01:02
gave the jammer a good bit of hard drive and just looked at engine after in the dark and the manifold was glowing, is this the norm:)

Mick K
16-12-09, 01:03
Short answer,yes,Thought you'd know that living in the land of Nip!

Stevo
16-12-09, 01:04
It means u done gud man:)

gem-s13
ye im just back from midnite a test drive in my s13 the mani turbo and down pipe all glowing!!! was a good drive lol

m-sykes
Short answer,yes,Thought you'd know that living in the land of Nip!

yes i know but i cant open the bonnet while drifting so it just happened that way:) see you later timberlake

m-sykes
16-12-09, 01:05
It means u done gud man:)

hahahaha maybe il try and make exhaust and all glow tomorrow nite:)

way2fastforu
16-12-09, 01:10
it means ur doin it rite:D

Newsome
16-12-09, 10:34
Sorry in advance for saying this word but i was watching a lad diffin a 180 1 night for ages and the exhaust was glowing as far as the decat. 1st gear on the limiter sort of stuff. Had to tow it home then with the head warped into an eget. Serves him right for diffin it do.

Sorry again for using that word. Dont ban me. Ha.

m-sykes
16-12-09, 13:40
Sorry in advance for saying this word but i was watching a lad diffin a 180 1 night for ages and the exhaust was glowing as far as the decat. 1st gear on the limiter sort of stuff. Had to tow it home then with the head warped into an eget. Serves him right for diffin it do.

haha fuk, i rarly hit the limiter in mine, it was just for hard drivin

rancido64
16-12-09, 13:50

You are wrong, diffing is win

mick
16-12-09, 20:34
used to get the cappuccino mani glowing every time i drove it! whopper. ive seen rally x cars exhausts glowing aaaaalllll the way!:D:D

nixon001
20-12-09, 01:16
happy days!! red=goodness, anything else=drive harder!!

Alan B.
20-12-09, 02:53
just be careful that there is nothing sitting close enough that could be set on fire.
last thing you want to happen is for it to go up in a ball of fire after a run.

it has happened more often then anyone would care to think about.

Alan.
edit: didnt realise this was my first post here.
sorry for not having a proper intro.

podge
20-12-09, 02:59
i set the 13 and 14 on fire before getting the manifold and turbo to hot the turbo to intercooler samco was the cause the three times i set them on fire:)

Alan B.
20-12-09, 12:34
i'm fairly sure you can get high temp resistant silicone hoses that might help you there?

S14a johno
20-12-09, 17:27
yep becare noting hear the mani, as in pipes seen it happen in tullow
can get farely hot ;)

tweek
20-12-09, 21:51
keep an eye on the coil pack driver incase it melts also

mick
20-12-09, 22:00
they all glow lads, nothin to worry about, i bet if ya lookunder the bonnet of a jeep after a hard drive shed be glowin! means there happy

Alan B.
20-12-09, 22:48
they all get a bit red, but to glow completely red isn't something that happens all the time.
only after a long run of hard driving.
and its fine normally but if you dont make sure nothing is hanging loose around the turbo, rubber hoses, steering rack boot, wiring loom etc, they can melt and start fires.

it's not something to be paranoid about but it's worth checking to make sure nothing is too close to it.