PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of these ?

s14sideways
11-12-09, 20:11
was thinking of getting this,wondering are they any good?

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/power-steering-cooler-kit.html

Frankae86
11-12-09, 20:31
Your car is a road car is it?
Unless i felt i needed it i would buy one

s14sideways
11-12-09, 20:35
Your car is a road car is it?
Unless i felt i needed it i would buy one

ya it a road car,but every time im drifting 10 min later the power steering feel funny if you no what i mean :D

Frankae86
11-12-09, 20:44
No i dont to be honest, i drifted my car all year and had no P/S issues.
I can see the point of a cooler but not sure how necessary it is

s14sideways
11-12-09, 21:17
No i dont to be honest, i drifted my car all year and had no P/S issues.
I can see the point of a cooler but not sure how necessary it is

maybe im tripping but i always get heavy steering when my oil heat up,that why i was thinking of this? the steering in my friends s14 is the same?::D

thegosson
12-12-09, 00:21
i have one here, gona fit it soon and i'll tell ya if it makes a difference or not. my reason for getting it was that after every track day around and on my power steering reservoir is always soaked in p/s fluid where it appears to be heating up and expanding and blowing it out. mind you I've never actually felt any difference in the steering but it must have some effect
I'll let ya know after the next track day..

andy t
12-12-09, 00:44
its the kind of thing you would only get if you need it,

looks like a cool piece of kit

Fredericks Balls
12-12-09, 12:12
Was actually considering this too, X81's are known for having week PS systems for that money I might fit one to be safe, its hardly going to do any harm is it??

Frankae86
12-12-09, 17:38
Wont do any harm anyway

s14sideways
12-12-09, 18:02
i have one here, gona fit it soon and i'll tell ya if it makes a difference or not. my reason for getting it was that after every track day around and on my power steering reservoir is always soaked in p/s fluid where it appears to be heating up and expanding and blowing it out. mind you I've never actually felt any difference in the steering but it must have some effect
I'll let ya know after the next track day..

good man,thats why i was asking to see if anyone every used one,in case they are a waste of money :D