PDA

View Full Version : skyline surgery- will i or wont i??

ste
09-12-09, 21:40
ok as ya's know i was thinkin os sellin the car.. i have realised i dont really wanna do this as i love how the car looks and inside etc bt wat has made me think of sellin up is the drive... the turbo is far too laddy comes on boost at bout 4200rpm and max boost at near 6k rpm i think which is jus no fun... the big turbo is more suited to car with stroker kit etc...

so i have been onto robbie in t.d.p and am seriously considering in sendin the car down to get a new turbo... the proposed idea is to get a garret gt30 tdp hybrid turbo... its a garret based turbo but completely spec'd and built by robbie... so he will fit this modify my mani to fit turbo, modify boost pipes and remap car again...robbie says i should see 400bhp at 1bar at the wheels and full boost comin by 3800rpm... i have the money there to do this, wat ya's think??

bart
09-12-09, 21:44
this is a tough one ted...
thats ur pride and joy really..
think ya should just keep this and get youself a nice drift car
and dog the heart of it.. send that up to robbie;)

ste
09-12-09, 21:47
livin in dublin bart, car storage, trailer and towing car/van be mental i want a fast responsive road car...

Famous jh
09-12-09, 21:50
livin in dublin bart, car storage, trailer and towing car/van be mental i want a fast responsive road car...

Well you just answered your own question then there didnt ya :confused: ;)

Mick K
09-12-09, 21:50
Sell it.Go 1j or 2j.RB's are shite

ste
09-12-09, 21:57
i already had 1j as ya no man, and the mileage i do the engine and reliability is never a issue and chasers quite common at the mo

Aidan Hogan
09-12-09, 22:00
DO IT :D:cool:

Mick K
09-12-09, 22:01
Chasers common and a datsun isnt?

Frankae86
09-12-09, 22:05
Chasers common and a datsun isnt?
The datsun i have for sale isnt :cool:

ste
09-12-09, 22:05
r34 4doors rare enough dude, your just a huar for toyota's ;)

Mick K
09-12-09, 22:12
Man,Its still a stinkin skyline,Nice one,But its still a common skyline,Still to this day you mention chasers and lads dont know what they are.Saying they are common is a silly statment,They're common to you cos you had one and look out for them.

Greg
09-12-09, 22:23
JZX100's are becoming a regular sight, but only at shows and drift days. How often do you actually pass one on the road? I've only ever seen 4 others on the road in all the time i've had mine, and on two of those occassions it was the same car.

You have the money there so get Robbie to do the work, and then next year when you're bored of it, i'll have money and will do you a deal. :D

Davie
09-12-09, 22:30
ha you'll just get used to it and have the car up for sale again in six months,
nah but seriously it makes sense to put the car right

docco86
09-12-09, 22:30
i wouldn to be honest mate is it not runnin near 380bhp at the mo??

ste
09-12-09, 22:37
i wouldn to be honest mate is it not runnin near 380bhp at the mo??

at the fly, thats wat its set at... its too much lag man not excitin to drive even so gotta do somethin....

Mick K
09-12-09, 22:40
1j or 2j,
If you dont you deserve this here (www.smouch.net/lol)

Mick K
09-12-09, 22:42
Im also gonna put this out there,Your struggling to sell it for the cash you need for it and your admitting defeat by modding it more?

ste
09-12-09, 22:50
i far from strugglin as you no the car owes me nothin its mine not the banks or credit union so i dont have to sell nor would i sell for silly money.... since i bought my vti coupe yrs ago i have not lost a cent on any car, the worst i have done is break even ...

the deal i was considerinng would see me going to a older car,no monney and it being previously owned by a mate so it'd always be his car no matter wat touches i do and i already had that model chaser before

eric25
09-12-09, 22:53
story lad, as i said when u were thinkin of sellin up, dont bother, put money into the engine as ya said and ull be happy out again:D

Stevo
09-12-09, 22:55
Would you find a car as clean and well looked after like ur own ste, i really dont think so, go for the new turbo and buy a cheap skidder for drift days:D

Mick K
09-12-09, 22:56
Aside from the other deal we spoke of,Forget about that.

I know it owes you nothing but your not prepared to lose money,WTF?
Its a recession man,You'd wanna put your hand up your arse and pull yourself together if you think you'll get all your money back on it.Aside from it being used here in Ireland its a well known car and that IMO will be tougher to sell,Nobody wants to own "Johnnys" car thats been at all the shows ye know.
Price the car accordingly to todays climate,Move it on and take advantage of the recession and buy a chaser again.

git
09-12-09, 23:18
Aside from the other deal we spoke of,Forget about that.

I know it owes you nothing but your not prepared to lose money,WTF?
Its a recession man,You'd wanna put your hand up your arse and pull yourself together if you think you'll get all your money back on it.Aside from it being used here in Ireland its a well known car and that IMO will be tougher to sell,Nobody wants to own "Johnnys" car thats been at all the shows ye know.
Price the car accordingly to todays climate,Move it on and take advantage of the recession and buy a chaser again.
Tough man with words mick !ha ha

Mick K
09-12-09, 23:20

You know it baby! Car sales man years now for me sins,I'd like to think I know something bout it:o

ste
09-12-09, 23:26

he a big softy deep down lol..

and i prepared to loose a few euro but ill not loose my bollox on somethin that costs nothin for me to leave sittin there ya no mate.... and as i said i have had a chaser before ya no dont ideally wanna get same car twice... like maybe when i have more money in a yr or so ill grab a jzx110 or verossa but for the time being i think ill hold out on the chaser idea...

Mick K
09-12-09, 23:28
Think your mad blowing more money into your car if your not prepared to lose money,Biggest contradiction ever.So you'll sink 2 or 3k into it say,You wont get it back,Mods dont return money when selling a jammer

bnollie
09-12-09, 23:28
go for it she is a minter. would be a shame to see some clown buy it and then destroy it by dogging the shit out of it and calling it a tramp drifter haha:D

Mick K
09-12-09, 23:29
go for it she is a minter. would be a shame to see some clown buy it and then destroy it by dogging the shit out of it and calling it a tramp drifter haha:D

coughgregcough

ste
09-12-09, 23:31
coughgregcough

there goes the neighbourhood

ste
09-12-09, 23:32
Think your mad blowing more money into your car if your not prepared to lose money,Biggest contradiction ever.So you'll sink 2 or 3k into it say,You wont get it back,Mods dont return money when selling a jammer

ah i understand that but when done ill not be sellin for a good good while, i love the cars looks lad just the lag lets it down

eric25
09-12-09, 23:34
haha good stuff

Greg
09-12-09, 23:34
Proud of it. :D

bnollie
09-12-09, 23:43
coughgregcough

haha very quick of the mark mick as usual:D

Mick K
09-12-09, 23:46
ah i understand that but when done ill not be sellin for a good good while, i love the cars looks lad just the lag lets it down
Lag me hole,You'll be bored of it in no time and used to it and want to shift it and lose your bollix again.

Proud of it. :D
You tell em Gregor

haha very quick of the mark mick as usual:D

Jocks off No messin:cool:

ste
09-12-09, 23:49
Lag me hole,You'll be bored of it in no time and used to it and want to shift it and lose your bollix again.

you haven driven the car day in day out the thing is worse than any vtec,i have to do something lad and i cant loose my bollix again if i haven lost it at all yet LOL

Mick K
09-12-09, 23:51
Then sell it and take a small hit rather than throwin a ball of cash at a dead duck and lose twice as much come a years time.Dont make me come round there and smack ye round the short and curlys.

ste
09-12-09, 23:53
lad i couldn expect anyone to buy it as is, i love the looks of the car so with the driveability sorted i have no desire to sell

Mick K
09-12-09, 23:56
Lets face it,Its a 4dr pimper,Its not set up nor built for slidin,Yeah its nice to have it but you do have it,Up high! Not everyone wants the danger in wet weather of doin hoops at the lights without their will to do so.
Your lookin to smoke tyres in 1st and 2nd,Do a drift day and learn to smoke em in 3rd.
I just dont believe you should put any more money into something your thinking bad of losing on already.

ste
10-12-09, 00:00
lad you seen it in mondello it was too laggy i had to fit 16's and rape the clutch to get it sliding....its a joke with that turbo

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:04
lad you seen it in mondello it was too laggy i had to fit 16's and rape the clutch to get it sliding....its a joke with that turbo

You were in front of me and behind me,Smokin tyres ye eejit!We even went at twin battles at one stage!You know come next year you'll be bored of the power and want something new,At that stage you'll have money spent and lose your bollix.

ste
10-12-09, 00:08
ah i understand wat you sayin lad really i do but i dont wanna get rid of the actual car just the turbo and sure if i sold the rx6 turbo on to someone runnin massive spec id get some money back ...

and that day in mondello was hard lad with the lag the car was a horrible pig to drive

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:11
Mark my words when I say that RX6 turbo kit wont cover 30% of what the cost of your upgrades will be.Dont get me wrong,I'd love nothing more to see ye sliding in 1st and 2nd burning a set of ditchfinders and pulling a hydro H but for the money and to turn around next year and sell it its just not worth it.

You tried something new with the wheels to rekindle your love of the car,It didnt work.
Enough said.

Stonie
10-12-09, 00:14
car would be savage ted with a proper blower it will actually be a new car to drive,
and it looks the bollox i personally love the car good blower will finish it:-)

Cooldrft
10-12-09, 00:17
How much roughly will the tdp package cost ?
By the sound of the lag on that turbo ,I dont blame you for wanting to get rid of the car.

ste
10-12-09, 00:17
Mark my words when I say that RX6 turbo kit wont cover 30% of what the cost of your upgrades will be.Dont get me wrong,I'd love nothing more to see ye sliding in 1st and 2nd burning a set of ditchfinders and pulling a hydro H but for the money and to turn around next year and sell it its just not worth it.

You tried something new with the wheels to rekindle your love of the car,It didnt work.
Enough said.

i see wat ya sayin mick really i do but i want a fast as fuck cool lookin pimper in my opinion i have half of that just missin the fast bit... and used rx6 sold on soc for over 1k sterling not long ago

ste
10-12-09, 00:18
How much roughly will the tdp package cost ?
By the sound of the lag on that turbo ,I dont blame you for wanting to get rid of the car.

roughly 2k mapped and all

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:20
Look,Theres no more I can say,It looks as tho you had your mind made up before posting the thread.
I made good points as did yourself,I just see it as self contradiction spending cash on the car and wanting 100% back come next year which would be 2 years into recession at that stage!
Best of luck with the new mods,Look forward to see ye shreddin rubber!

ste
10-12-09, 00:24
ah i know wat your sayin lad but as i said i love the look and stance of the car just need the blower to finish it and ill be well happy...

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:26
So in a nutshell you posted the thread to make us aware of the changes.
Tut tut Steven,Change it to project BinLiner.

ste
10-12-09, 00:28
no i posted for people's opinions ya no i new your opinion already as you'll always be biased towards toyota like.....

Cooldrft
10-12-09, 00:30
roughly 2k mapped and all

That's for a new turbo ,I persume.
If you got 750 for you're old turbo ,you'd be laughing.
If you're happy with the car otherwise, I'd go for it, you'll loose more than 2k if you sell the car + buy something else.
I'm running a rb25 "380bhp" mapped by tdp ,+ drifting around goldstone with ease on Sunday.

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:31
Ah G'way,I love a good Toyota but Im always open to new cars and ideas but I cant see sense in what your doing.

You changed wheels to try gain some love for the car.
Result-It didnt work.

I just think deep down thats what your doing here as the car isnt selling as fast as you'd like it to,Your the wrong side of Santys arrival t be fair for selling a 14k motor.
But I do believe you had your mind made up before posting the thread.

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:33
That's for a new turbo ,I persume.
If you got 750 for you're old turbo ,you'd be laughing.
If you're happy with the car otherwise, I'd go for it, you'll loose more than 2k if you sell the car + buy something else.
I'm running a rb25 "380bhp" mapped by tdp ,+ drifting around goldstone with ease on Sunday.

With reference to your 380 comment what turbo are you running as thats the important factor here,Boost range?

His used RX6 I reckon would be lucky to see 500notes in current climate.

ste
10-12-09, 00:43
its a turbo that wwill be built and spec'd by tdp... turbo built will take 2 weeks he said...

Greg
10-12-09, 00:58
Jesus Bubba, you're getting it rough in here. :D I can't see a turbo built by TDP being too cheap now to be honest.

Mick K
10-12-09, 00:59
Jesus Bubba, you're getting it rough in here. :D I can't see a turbo built by TDP being too cheap now to be honest.

He likes it rough:o

Dunnedriftin
10-12-09, 01:02
Heres my 2cents..

Your cars in mint and all, as you said you actually own it which is a plus!

but if i was you, i wouldt be pouring money into it unless your wiling to take a hard hit when you go to sell it on!!

your better of taking a small hit now(as opposed to a big 1 after you poured a gud bit of money into her!), selling her on and getting something decent for the track!

GTSr32
10-12-09, 01:05
Mmmmm interesting thread here lads seams more like nissan vs toyota.!

Tho as a nissan man I'd have to say go with new tuby set up!

And recken that you have lost interest with the car as it's so lagy!

Tekno Twinky
10-12-09, 01:06
Sell it.Go 1j or 2j.RB's are shite

Thats interesting point you have.What makes them shite exactly?

Sent the ER doen to robbie get the turbo an slide that vessel! you know its what you need to do dude.I wana see it happen:)

Mick K
10-12-09, 01:08
Mmmmm interesting thread here lads seams more like nissan vs toyota.!

Tho as a nissan man I'd have to say go with new tuby set up!

And recken that you have lost interest with the car as it's so lagy!

He's blaming the lag now as after spending the money on wheels he didnt get the love back for the car.Hence now blaming the power.

Thats interesting point you have.What makes them shite exactly?

Ive seen enough of them let go to speak of it,Personal experience and also many mates.They just cant hack it!Different strokes and all that!

ste
10-12-09, 01:11
Heres my 2cents..

Your cars in mint and all, as you said you actually own it which is a plus!

but if i was you, i wouldt be pouring money into it unless your wiling to take a hard hit when you go to sell it on!!

your better of taking a small hit now(as opposed to a big 1 after you poured a gud bit of money into her!), selling her on and getting something decent for the track!

as i said earlier in thread i wanna responsive road car, i live in dublin... it would be hard to get storage for a track car, id need a trailer and a tow car/van... then i still have a laggy road car.... it'd cost much more that way....

i like the way gts32 is thinkin.....

Dunnedriftin
10-12-09, 01:13
as i said earlier in thread i wanna responsive road car, i live in dublin... it would be hard to get storage for a track car, id need a trailer and a tow car/van... then i still have a laggy road car.... it'd cost much more that way....

i like the way gts32 is thinkin.....

I also see where your coming from Ste, i know the fealing!

Sure i think you have your mind already made up tbh!

Mick K
10-12-09, 01:14
Tell ye what,Show this thread to the wife and tell me what she says after reading it ;)

ste
10-12-09, 01:15
Tell ye what,Show this thread to the wife and tell me what she says after reading it ;)

she'll still think your a shite ride lad:D

Dunnedriftin
10-12-09, 01:16

haha

Id predict, she will say hes worse than a women choosing what to wear! :p

Chuck_g
10-12-09, 01:16
Ye all smoke Man Cigars, end of!

Mick K
10-12-09, 01:17
she'll still think your a shite ride lad:D

Hey I might be a shite ride but she'll tell ye herself I lick like.............................................. ................................................ .
.................................................. .............
http://www.lassie.net/graphics/LassieBlur.jpg
:D

ste
10-12-09, 01:19
she told me you like a sloppy st bernard drinkin from a water bowl

eileen
10-12-09, 16:00
stick on that turbo and show these toyota freaks how its done ;)
you wont get a better car than that and gawd, big turbos are a
big turn-on :eek::D

keep it, do it and de' nissan do be proud of you :cool:

way2fastforu
10-12-09, 17:28
keep it put the new tubby in an drift it all day long:D

Fredericks Balls
10-12-09, 17:38
Sorry I havent read the whole thread. Basically the first page and the 7th :D

I think for you to sell it you will sadly have to lower the price a fair bit. Not that i dont think its worth the money, because i think it is but just the way car sales are at the minute.

If i was you id go the new turbo route and if im not mistaken if you wanted to improve the car would you consider interior mods like seats n shit? Car looks the bollocks mate, you'll have to spend a fairly big wedge to move on and up IMHO...

Just my 2 cents

Mick K
10-12-09, 17:42
Read the whole thread Mr. Balls ;)
Makes for a good read!

Fredericks Balls
10-12-09, 17:59
Ok i've read it all. And to be honest Mick you are making sense all the way. And in truth if he spends 2k or whatever on the turbo he'll never get it back, but if it meant he'd get another years worth of enjoyment and then make it EASIER (not more profitable) to sell then maybe its still worth it??

Oh and I still think yiz need to get a room!! :p

Mick K
10-12-09, 18:06
Finally,Fooing Finally someone sees my point,Takes a mature member to see the sense in it!
Rather than just advising him to blow a load of cash when its not yours ye know.

With regard to the room thing,I share a room with his missus often enough,I defo dont need to see his hairy hole!

Robbie Daly Ps13
10-12-09, 18:19
Jesus I can't belive i haven't seen this sooner....... :mad:
Im feeling your pain lad....... Im in the exact same sitution except mines worse....... Im running a gtr engine in a rwd gtst 33 shell with a greedy t78 33d turbo with 514bhp at just 1.2 bar boost and fuck me shes laggy...... :p It don't start boosting till 5200 rpm....... The turbos just ticking over at 1.2 and could easily be remapped for 700bhp at high boost but im unsure of the internall work......

I know exactly what your saying it takes the fun outta driving it and I have tought about changing the turbo to a smaller one but at the end of the day I don't think id do it purely because of the pure bread weapon the thing is when it dose come on boost........ You slowly but surely learn to live with lag but it dose make the car very hard to drift.......

What turbo ya running...... Also its hard for the lads to judge cause a lot of them really don't know what its like to drive...... Ya wouldn't think its as bad as it is....... As for me im not changing my turbo but at the end of the day this decision is really up to yourself cause you know your car better than anyone.........:D

ste
10-12-09, 19:13
With regard to the room thing,I share a room with his missus often enough,I defo dont need to see his hairy hole!

kenny brenda would laugh at your best, she reckons 2pushes and a squirt and your all done... in fact she's always sayin look at the state of that kenny lad he looks a lot older than 29, i wouldn ride the cunt if he'd pedals on his hips...:D

robbie@tdp.ie
10-12-09, 19:16
Im feeling your pain lad....... Im in the exact same sitution except mines worse....... Im running a gtr engine in a rwd gtst 33 shell with a greedy t78 33d turbo with 514bhp at just 1.2 bar boost and fuck me shes laggy...... :p It don't start boosting till 5200 rpm....... The turbos just ticking over at 1.2 and could easily be remapped for 700bhp at high boost but im unsure of the internall work......

I know exactly what your saying it takes the fun outta driving it and I have tought about changing the turbo to a smaller one but at the end of the day I don't think id do it purely because of the pure bread weapon the thing is when it dose come on boost........ You slowly but surely learn to live with lag but it dose make the car very hard to drift.......

What turbo ya running...... Also its hard for the lads to judge cause a lot of them really don't know what its like to drive...... Ya wouldn't think its as bad as it is....... As for me im not changing my turbo but at the end of the day this decision is really up to yourself cause you know your car better than anyone.........:D

A t78 should not be that laggy what exhaust housing are you using ?

I have mapped allot of T78's on Rb26 and Rb25 and never herd of lag like that.

Robbie

ste
10-12-09, 19:16
.What turbo ya running...... Also its hard for the lads to judge cause a lot of them really don't know what its like to drive...... Ya wouldn't think its as bad as it is....... As for me im not changing my turbo but at the end of the day this decision is really up to yourself cause you know your car better than anyone.........:D

i runnin a apexi rx6 lad its desperate, people think i over reacting ya no mate... they dont have to live with.. its immense when on boost but takes a week to get there, i need that turbo up over 1.5 bar to have it reachin its potential i only tickling it at 1bar...

Robbie Daly Ps13
10-12-09, 19:37
A t78 should not be that laggy what exhaust housing are you using ?

I have mapped allot of T78's on Rb26 and Rb25 and never herd of lag like that.

Robbie

It starts boosting a bit down lower but dosn't really come on till 5200 and by the time iv banged the next gear shes lagging again its a joke..... In your experiance robbie what should it be hitting boost at....... I think its a 16 housing i think now......

Robbie Daly Ps13
10-12-09, 19:42
i runnin a apexi rx6 lad its desperate, people think i over reacting ya no mate... they dont have to live with.. its immense when on boost but takes a week to get there, i need that turbo up over 1.5 bar to have it reachin its potential i only tickling it at 1bar...

I know its a lot worse than people think it is......... Its not too bad if your in the right gear....... But theres no inbetween your either crusing or driving the tits off it........ So what ya think your gonna do....... It'd kill me to take mine off......:p

ste
10-12-09, 19:47
ill be going ahead with it i think, robbie has estimated a power fig of 400bhp at wheels at 1bar and full boost by bout 3800rpm... it'd be like a new car....

robbie has requested i get a endascope exam carried out by himself to see if any internal work is done so tryin to make an appoinment for that

Robbie Daly Ps13
10-12-09, 19:54
ill be going ahead with it i think, robbie has estimated a power fig of 400bhp at wheels at 1bar and full boost by bout 3800rpm... it'd be like a new car....

robbie has requested i get a endascope exam carried out by himself to see if any internal work is done so tryin to make an appoinment for that

Mmmmmmm thats a good idea........ Might try get one done on me own yoke it'd give a lad a little bitta peace of mind.......:rolleyes: