PDA

View Full Version : info on the spec needed for the car

Taffy
09-12-09, 21:01
i have just got a motor :D and i want to find out wot the min spec is for novice drifting thanks

Aidan Hogan
09-12-09, 21:06
novice drifting where ??
do you want to do novice in pro-drift ??

Taffy
09-12-09, 21:13
yes mate try any way :rolleyes:

jonny b
09-12-09, 21:19
full cage with door bars
fia approved seat
harness
and about 340hp:p:p:p:p

Taffy
09-12-09, 21:22
can the car have a sun roof

s13-ste
09-12-09, 21:24
dont think it can man, think you have to weld in a panel

s13-ste
09-12-09, 21:28
here ya go lad

Pro/Amateur Class

Technical Inspection

The Technical Inspector reserves the right at all times to reject any vehicle which does not meet safety standards and may be hazardous to the driver/spectators/circuit.
• Reasons for the failure of Technical Inspection will be given to the driver/competitor concerned who will be allowed to make adjustments etc, and present the vehicle inspection within the specified time period allocated at the event.
• If the vehicle still does not meet technical requirements the driver/competitor has to leave the technical area and can report to the course marshal.
• In the event of a collision/incident the Technical Inspector must review the car and shall decide on the vehicles roadworthiness.
• All Competing cars must be in accordance with Prodrift Ireland vehicle Regulations.

Vehicle Specification

• FF drive-train vehicles are not allowed.
• All vehicles must be rear wheel drive (4WD to RDW conversions are permitted).
• No fluid leaks of any kind will be tolerated.
• Each car must maintain the OEM uni-body structure, Pipe Frame/space frame Chassis (including pipe-frame extensions) are not allowed in any Prodrift Ireland Competition.
• Cars must maintain the original OEM unibody and/or frame structure between the original front and rear suspension mounting points.
• Vehicles that do not meet the above criteria must be approved by Prodrift Ireland.
• Open roof vehicles are permitted but shall use arm restraints instead of a window or window net.
• Brakes must be in perfect working order, anti-lock brakes are non-compulsory and may be removed.
• The exhaust sound level must be within the regulation of each hosting venue (you must check with Prodrift Ireland before participating)
• All competing cars must be equipped with a 7 point or better roll cage. Bolt-in or fully welded Cages may be manufactured from seamless T45/T40 Chromoly, or mild steel tubing (Minimum wall thickness diameter of 2mil).
• Welds should be continuous around the entire tubular structure with no cracks and fusion must exist between weld metal and base metal.
• The main hoop shall be one continuous length of tubing with smooth bends and no evidence of crimping or wall failure. It shall be as near the roof as possible and shall incorporate a diagonal brace.
• Side hoops connect directly from the floor of the driver’s compartment and continue in one piece, as near to the pillars as possible to the main hoop. They are to be connected together by a single horizontal tube across the top of the windscreen.
• Door impact protection bars are required on both driver and passenger side. Lightweight or fibreglass doors must be re-enforced with 2 door bars in the shape of an X.
• If the roll cage is bolted in then it must be securely reinforced with an anchor plate and backing plate sandwiched on each side of the floor plan.
• If the front cage uprights are bent in towards the driver they must be braced to the side impact protection bars on the apex of the bend
• All hoods and deck lids must be adequately and securely fastened. A minimum of 2 bonnet pins must be fitted and the stock latch disabled.
• The rear seats, air conditioning, radio and interior must be removed.
• All wheel nuts must be accounted for. No aluminium wheel nuts/studs allowed.
• The competing car may have the passenger seat removed.
• A minimum of Low beams, Rear brake lights, and hazard lights must be in tact and in perfect working order.
• Only tyres branded with the E-mark are eligible for competition.
• Racing tyres including slicks and cut slicks are not permitted.
• Cars must remain clean and presentable at all times, Prodrift Ireland reserve the right to refuse any vehicle competition entry if this is in question.
• Both driver and passenger window must be in working order. During competition, driver window must be in an up position (closed position).
• Front and Rear Towing hook must be present and clearly marked. Stock hook is allowed, except when the hook is hidden upon installation of the aero-kit, etc.
• A 4-point or better safety harness must be installed in both driver and passenger seat. The width of the seat belt must be at least 3 inches, and the buckle must be quick release.
• The technical inspector has the right to uninstall exterior parts (GT wing, canard, etc) when judged hazardous. All sharp edges must be rounded.
• Side and rear windows may be replaced with acrylic or lexan with a minimum thickness of 3mm and securely fastened. Front windscreen must remain stock. Rear windscreen must be secured to the car with additional bracing.
• Fuel filler caps must be securely fastened as not to open.
• Stock fuel tanks (permitted) and Racing fuel cells must be secured, fire walled and exempt of leaks.
• Internal fuel cells, fuel swirl pots, fuel systems, tanks and pumps are acceptable provided they are fire walled (encased)
• All external fuel pumps must be covered.
• Any fuel cell must have a one-way valve installed to prevent spillage in the event of a roll over.
• The OEM firewall between the cockpit and engine compartment shall be intact to prevent the passage of fluids or flames from the engine compartment to the cockpit. Any holes in the firewall must be of the minimum size for the passage of controls and wires, and must be completely sealed.
• All cars must be fitted with Electrical cut-off switches. Internal and external.
• The dashboard must be OEM or OEM replacement.
• Fire extinguishers must be present and within reach of the cockpit (1 Kg Minimum).
• Batteries must be securely fastened with the positive terminal insulated and if located within the cockpit must be covered.
• All bucket seats must be fixed to the floor and secure.
• Nitrous Oxide cylinders, associated piping, valves and equipment must remain outside the driver cockpit.
• Competitors are permitted to remove the front bumper for practise only. And will repair damaged aero-kit where possible in competition.

Authorised Modifications

• Every car must maintain a complete exhaust system. The sound level must be within the regulation of each hosting venue (you must check with Prodrift Ireland before participating) Aftermarket body panels, bumper covers and wings are permitted
• Seam welding the uni-body is permitted.
• Suspension upgrades are allowed.
• Factory wheels may be replaced with aftermarket wheels.
• Any grade fuel may be used.
• Brake bias modifications and controllers are permitted.
• Engines and drive train are open for modification or replacement.
• Only tyres that are E-marked are permitted for use.
• Performance aids such as Nitrous Oxide are permitted.

Driver Regulations

• All participating drivers must wear the following items when entering a Prodrift Ireland event. No bare skin should be showing at anytime.
• Racing Suit (Fire proof material, single layer minimum)
• Racing Gloves
• Fire proof vest
• Racing Shoes
• Certified Helmet (Full face only)
FIA8860-2004
Snell Memorial Foundation – SA95, SA2000, SA2005
SFI Foundation – Spec 31.2, Spec 31.1A, Spec 31.2A
British Helmet Standard – BS6658 Type A/FR, BS6658-85 Type A
• Head and Neck restraints are optional
• Prodrift badges must be placed on all competitor race suits.

Sponsor and Sticker Placement

• Prodrift Ireland visors, door cards and driver number must be placed on all competing cars.
• Prodrift Ireland reserves the right to apply Championship and official sponsorship branding on each vehicle in designated areas.
• All branding which is not in relation to Prodrift Ireland must be removed prior to any prodrift event.

Miscellaneous

• All vehicle/drivers who enter the Prodrift Ireland adhere to accept the Prodrift Rules and Regulations.
• Video, film and photographic, including performance related test equipment is prohibited from all vehicles unless expressly authorised by Prodrift.
• All competitors and or teams agree that decisions made by Prodrift Ireland officials/judges are final. Be that safety, twin battle, conduct, weather etc.
• Prodrift Ireland have no obligation to make any refund, re-imbursement or compensation of any kind as a result of their exclusion from the Championship under any circumstances.
• All sponsored vehicles must have their sponsor pre-approved by Prodrift 7 days in advance of an event, failure to do so may result in the removal of such branding.

http://www.prodriftseries.com/ireland/rules-regs/

Taffy
09-12-09, 21:28
shit was not thinking when i bought it

Aidan Hogan
09-12-09, 21:29
^^^^^^^^^^^^
any more questions,dont think so,thats everything ya need ta know,ste beat me to it

bart
09-12-09, 21:33
shit was not thinking when i bought it

why ted???
wats wrong????
nothing me and andy cant sort out:D
wat ya get anyway???

ps13
09-12-09, 21:33
what did u buy??

s13-ste
09-12-09, 21:37
i bet i know where he went wrong

• FF drive-train vehicles are not allowed

:D:D:D

Taffy
09-12-09, 21:42

shit you got me there :rolleyes: dose not say any thing about no sun roofs tho it dose say open roofed car are aloud just need some restrants :D

Taffy
09-12-09, 21:52
what did u buy??

a 180 bud :D

tweek
09-12-09, 22:23
a 180 bud :D
very discriptive

cruising_r32
03-01-10, 16:38
Thanks for all the information Ste, made for an interesting read.

andy t
03-01-10, 16:50
you could always just do d-rift lad,
not as much stuff to comply with as its not as commercial :)

shines14
03-01-10, 16:57
whats ff drivetrain

cruising_r32
03-01-10, 16:59
ff= front wheel drive and front mounted engine

shines14
03-01-10, 17:00
i taut dat but didnt ur man say he bought a 180?

NIALL JZX
03-01-10, 17:02
whats ff drivetrain

ff is front engine front wheel drive

ideal drift car is fr , front engine rear wheel drive.

rear engined vehicles -rr-rear engine rear wheel drive, are crap drift cars...

shines14
03-01-10, 17:06
ya but by 180 did he not mean 180sx-rear wheel drive? or am i just gettin this all wrong

cruising_r32
03-01-10, 17:09
@ShinesS14
I reckon this post was meant as a joke...

NIALL JZX
03-01-10, 17:11
^^
ya he jus havin the laugh lad:D

shines14
03-01-10, 17:12
ya i new i missed something! just managed to make a fool of myself again..story of my life ha

cruising_r32
03-01-10, 17:14
Blame it on the beer...... normally works for me :D

shines14
03-01-10, 17:21
il just blame it on my slow mind..:D