PDA

View Full Version : actuator - custom or not for higher boost??

Arnie
06-12-09, 22:39
Hi,

Lame question I know,
I'm putting a TD05HRA-16G turbo (titianium internals) on my CA18det now along with supporting mods, fabrication and custom mapping. Can someone advise me on the actuator thing, please.

I've got an apexi AVC-R and on my t28 it was just a matter of setting higher boost on the controller (never run on actuator pressure alone)

I believe people buy uprated actuators (saw them on ebay, 1.0 bar, 1.2 bar etc) if they don't use boost controllers.

Bearing in mind the boost will be controlled by AVC-R is there any impact on the way the wastegate opens (throttle response, boost control, wastegate sealing etc) with uprated actuator?

I'm planning to push the turbo to 330 hp@fly which would require 1.0+ bar of boost do I need stronger actuator or std (about .8) will do?

Thanks for help.

Arnie.

s13-ste
06-12-09, 23:02
your best of with an actuator and a boost controler.

a hks one will cost ya about 80.

Stevo
06-12-09, 23:27
your best of with an actuator and a boost controler.

a hks one will cost ya about 80.

:eek: best of look getting an HKS acuator for 80 snots only one person i know got it at that price:p

Get an adjustable actuator fella, hks ect.. no need for a boost controler then really

Arnie
07-12-09, 01:30
The reason I've been using AVC-R was better boost control than using bleed valves also to help maintain the boost in the way that it was controllable not like an 3k on/off switch right in the ditch:D

Folks, what's your experience with uprated actuators vs std in conjunction with electronic boost control?

Dreamworks-silvia
07-12-09, 14:45
:eek: best of look getting an HKS acuator for 80 snots only one person i know got it at that price:p

i got one for 20yoyo:p

Get an adjustable actuator fella, hks ect.. no need for a boost controler then really

are you for reall!! use both there is every need possible for a boost controller for setting gain how quick how hard and how soon your turbo boosts its all controlled by your controller