Boguey001
09-09-12, 20:29
So what did everyone think?

barryl
09-09-12, 20:38
Gr8 weather lol.

haydomiata
09-09-12, 20:38
I thought the drifting was epic but the judging could have been a lot better and the show cars wer mainly shit boxes with a few deadly buses was loving the blue mx5 on bbs alloys it makes me want my car on its arse haha fair play to all the lads especially Brendan he did an amazing job of keepin on form and the win was well deserved!!

jeff nelson sileighty
09-09-12, 20:49
Pretty epic weekend all round between the antics on the bus last night and the weather on Saturday it made for a cool weekend :cool: but definitely as usual there were a couple of dodgey calls by the judges but in fairness they won't always be right but the commitment by every single driver was unbelievable ....overall a pretty serious weekend :)

s00045732
09-09-12, 20:49
Great day some of the best drifting to be seen, serious women (mostly n the crowd) some of the judging could be questionable even in the final i thought dai took it from where i was sitting but delighted for brendan great way to finish of for him and well deserved!

Sean180sx
09-09-12, 21:16
Great day some serious drifting its at a new level...taut Duane mc Keever was robbed with wez from where I was sitting even tho he did go a bit straight over the line but what about a re run!! Commentators shit it seems there on the boys they no..it's like if ur not knowin u get it harder to win..just my tauts and well done Brendan stone u deserved it.

fitzer
09-09-12, 21:17
great driftin allround!!! judgin was abit off, got abit sick after a while near every second race was a one more time that pissed me off abit, was a tense moment the last run with dai and brendan but brendan deserved every bit of the win, woulda been cool to see dai win tho at the same time :p

Funnyonion
09-09-12, 21:19
Thought it was a great show in all fairness, the driving was brilliant full commitment all the time and the judges will always have questionable descions but it was the first time in along time that i havent felt ripped off for the 20 quid admission fee.

JohnC
09-09-12, 21:23
Brian Egan should have gone thru!

ALL the battles were awesome

Time to get a rwd car now

Darren
09-09-12, 21:32
show side: some cool cars but mostly euro felt spec shite i honestly don't know how they can still call it japfest there were cooler motors in the car park tbh

prodrift: some class drifting goin on i loved aasbo's gt86 it sounded epic :cool:

podgedun
09-09-12, 21:39
Great day some of the best drifting to be seen, serious women (mostly n the crowd) some of the judging could be questionable even in the final i thought dai took it from where i was sitting but delighted for brendan great way to finish of for him and well deserved!

Dai understeered comin in first corner so he couldn have won

PeterT
09-09-12, 21:57
my fucking knuckles are swolen and my elbow bruised, god damn bus roof punching!!

Hakosuka
09-09-12, 21:59
Great driving all weekend. Congrats to Brendan Stone on taking the championship, put on a great show at every round, great year for the MG team. They could have put more Falken tire decals on the Altezza though.

Some questionable calls with the judging, mainly on Saturday I thought but what's done is done now I guess. Next year is a fresh start, with a "new" series.

The 86X is a very impressive car, absolutely beautiful looking too. Same can be said for the Rocket Bunny vert and drift car, lovely!

As for the show, same Irish crap. The standard of cars on display was terrible. Only a few cars stood out really, main one for me being that blue S15.

AndrewR32
09-09-12, 22:06
i didnt get to see a whole pile of drifting, but from what i did see, some fantastic driving.

Show did contain some cars that were far from show-worthy.

Was good to put some faces to names

andyrob
09-09-12, 22:10
first time ive managed to get to an event and glad to say ill be back again,:D all drivers were fully committed and duane really impresses me, to mix with the big experienced lads, how much better can he get as he gets older? also the dealtwidth cam did great to be under powerd among many others. congrats to brendan well deserved. judging was dodgy at times and the first run in the super lap was scored too high for other drivers to try and beat then.
the 86 is an epic car, and the v8 bmw was something else to hear. talent was serious hard to kno where to look times.:P show was the only dissapointment its not japfest when 60% are euros. brill day rroll on 2013

chris
09-09-12, 22:15
first time going in a few years.the drifting was good quality of the drift cars was impressive some work gone into them.the show cars were shocking there was only 1 or 2 cars worthy of being there

Mongey
09-09-12, 22:23
The level of drifting was top class and the time attack was very good aswell,a lot of the show cars were a disgrace,as someone else said there was a lot better cars in the carpark! Did anyone else actually see that shite box corolla with the shopping trolley on the roof? What the fuck like.

shea
09-09-12, 22:47
forgot it was called japfest with the amount of shit diesels in the show n shine? and was anybody else reeeeeeeeally sick of hearing that commentator? thought my ear drums were gona explode near the ened of it, twas just the same chat over n over.

other than that it was a brilliant day

podgedun
09-09-12, 22:52
forgot it was called japfest with the amount of shit diesels in the show n shine? and was anybody else reeeeeeeeally sick of hearing that commentator? thought my ear drums were gona explode near the ened of it, twas just the same chat over n over.

other than that it was a brilliant day

I thought they needed music playin, but to be fair i thought he done a great job, did u hear the commentator at the jdm event at punchestown, hes 1000 times better,

He mite get excited but he is onli tryin to get the crowd going

fitzygtr
09-09-12, 22:52
Have to agree the driftin was only savage,congrats brendan. But lads the show cars a lot of hen houses in fairness from renault megane's to caddy van's and what the story with this rat look rusty panel's on cars pure shit me thinks?

abceire
09-09-12, 22:53
I was surprised with the standard of the drifting, very few mistakes were made, I'd not been there in maybe 2 years as I was away, and really noticed a difference.
The 16 year old, from 700bhp car Sunday to school on Monday morning.

Was great to see it so busy, wonder how many pasted thru gates and how it compares to formula d and d1jp numbers.
I got a little star struck seeing Dai, Asbo, James and Dmac. Last two years I've only seen them over net.

shaneh
09-09-12, 22:59
too much euro bullshit in the paddock.. were good cars in the car parks that shouldve been in there instead of vans and the same old vw's.
drifting was good although i missed the first half of the day.
sat into a gt86 too. il get one eventually lol

s00045732
09-09-12, 23:31
Dai understeered comin in first corner so he couldn have won

Ah nw i didnt see that... Serious driving all round tough mckeever had some serious twin battles. Also brendan stones car is god damn gorgous plus the gt86, the rocket bunny ps13 lookd sweet aswell... Did anyone see the twin engine starlet?!?

Deco84
09-09-12, 23:37
Just seen on the prodrift fb some lads White ek type r was robbed .cunts ya can have nothin

Was a good day the v8 Beemer made my day worth the 20euro entry to here it :)

Some of the cars weren't show worthy but from what I heard lots of sites weren't goin to the show so the sites that were there could bring as many cars as they like . Think it should a bean Jap cars only seein as it's called japfest

joey banana s14
09-09-12, 23:41
the show was shit.......but anyway drifting was EPIC the level of driving in this country at every level is just crazy, well done to fucking everyone :p but as lads have touched on some judging was a joke being honest as i said on fb barry hennessy was ROBBED against o connel now dont get me wrong o connels driving was unreal and im a huge fan of his but he dropped 2 wheels in the dirt but yet was a omt then next run was in my opinion now a omt but o connel got it , im delighted for diarmuid to be back going after punchestown and im not plugging at him what so ever the man could be a pro, but he made a mistake and should have been judged on that, i know the judges can miss something thats understandable but this was pure blatent , also big shout out to dave egan who doesnt get enough credit for the awesome job he does on that mic some man to get atmosphere going, also mantra ROCKED that is all

AndrewR32
09-09-12, 23:52
They got rid of the "JAP ONLY" thing a few years ago. It was too limiting, and by offering a bit of everything, draws a bigger crowd.

It annoys me when people say that there were better cars in the car park. FAIR ENOUGH, but the owners of those cars could have entered their car if they wished.

I put on a thread on midnightclub looking for cars weeks ago, i had 5 cars up until yesterday, and 4 last minute confirmations. I didnt turn down any cars, and even had 2 spare show entry stickers.

On the midnightclub stand there was my R32, a mates 300zx, an r33, 2x 180sx, evo 2, evo 4, integra type r and a seat leon turbo. And i'll admit the SEAT was the cleanest out of the lot of them. He spent all day yesterday cleaning it in preperation for the show today.

Im a jap car lover, always have been. BUT i have to admit that the EURO cars had alot to show off. There were some fantastic cars, from all corners of the world, and without the euro entries, the show would have been alot quieter (entrants and spectators).

There was only a handfull of purpose built "SHOW CARS" on display, but these days its a bit more than body kits, ICE and custom interiors.

Each to their OWN, there was something there for everyone

Kruizer
10-09-12, 07:19
Have to say I thought it was a great turn out, much busier than Japfest last year. It was great to catch up with folks I haven't seen in ages and the few I get to bug on a regular basis. The 86X was awesome to see in person, even my son was amazed by it, Brendan's S15 was looking mean as hell, John, Brendan and Mark did some job on the car. The more I see Mike Fitz's FC3S the more I want one, could easily just be a show car, big respect to Mike for throwing it around out there. And of course Ffrenchie's old altezza, will always have a soft spot for that car, Dai looked to be very comfortable in it, I was only there for 2hrs so just saw the start of the Top 16, great to hear Dai and Brendan in the final, well done mate on the win !

For a change I only got a handful of pic's but these two are by far my favourite :)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/558250_423721410998980_1403283423_n.jpg
[https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262268_423721477665640_1736541657_n.jpg

MrMagoo
10-09-12, 08:27
Hmmm what a weekend, Early start, Wheelbearing on Trailer collapses, wheel falls off, Chucks qualifies 5th, gets knocked out, gets drunk, gets naked, breaks window, gets naked, puts on a full sex show with the missus for the Carrigtohill Auto lads cause they forgot to close the curtains, Fire extinguisher fun, gets naked on the bus, gets drunk some more! Cracking day and night. Level of drifting was unreal, huge congrats to Brendan, and lets not forget Nicky Hallahan, legend in his own underpants!Roll on the next event!

nicky h
10-09-12, 09:53
My best weekends drifting anyway was an amazing feeling to hear everyone going mental for me Saturday evening really pushed me on !
was amazing to practice with some of the best in the world on Sunday ,
Ill be recovering for a few days im wrecked !
Can't forget a massive thanks to Ruben (bubble1984) for the lend of the turbo otherwise would not of been competing !

LarZ
10-09-12, 11:01
Great drifting, great commitment.

I thought there were some fantastic cars on show in the paddock but some were pure crap. I don't care how much you clean your scratched up starlet, I don't want to pay to see it. I would have liked if the cars were grouped better. Maybe a Euro only section, SX, DC5, EK, Skyline section, etc. They were all just parked. randomly.

The judging was questionable at times as said. I liked the detailed explanations after the runs. Some of the recoveries and reactions on show were absolutely insane, and personally i feel that a fantastic recovery can undo any mistake when drifting.

The worst part was waiting for the cars to go back to the starting line. That took a hell of a lot of time. I don't know off-hand how you would fix that though.

Of course it was worth the €25 for the two days! You're getting up to 16 hours of entertainment for only €25!!! People need to put it into perspective with concert tickets, or even the cost of a round of pints.

ALSO: Serious lack of drink availability on the Sunday. The burger place beside the pitstop restaurant was a joke; my burger was like leather and they charged me €5 for it! I should have gone to the restaurant :s

JDMfrank
10-09-12, 11:37
Personally tought it was a good day out, Loved the drifting dont go see it often enough at all.

No problem with proper clean Euro car's but in all honesty there was a few shit car's that should of been turned around at the gate. :rolleyes:

Kruizer was it you i saw leaving with a dog in your hood? :p

Kruizer
10-09-12, 12:22
Personally tought it was a good day out, Loved the drifting dont go see it often enough at all.

No problem with proper clean Euro car's but in all honesty there was a few shit car's that should of been turned around at the gate. :rolleyes:

Kruizer was it you i saw leaving with a dog in your hood? :p

Ya that would of been me mate, he is a lazy git...

Onto Larz's point, the price really aren't that bad, from myself herself and the little fella it was €40, granted I was only there 2hrs but that was down to me, if I had the chance to be there for the full day it would have been great value for money. For example "Walking With Dinosaurs" in the O2 arena is €155 for the three of us for 2hrs ?!!! I know times are tough but even when they weren't people were cribbing about the price. Stop being so bloody miserable...

E30chick
10-09-12, 12:28
gets naked, puts on a full sex show with the missus for the Carrigtohill Auto lads cause they forgot to close the curtains,

I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did ;)

tom.com
10-09-12, 13:16
similar thoughts on this...was only there the sunday...enjoyed the day,but was frustrated by lots of extremely rough cars....i think there should have been a fwd/rwd/euro/retro split...the event felt too like a car park.but the drifting was INSANE

AndrewR32
10-09-12, 13:35
majority of cars in the show were on club stands

CWALSH200
10-09-12, 13:42
Thought the day went well better cars in the car park den the paddock ha but drifting was serious pity bout the commentator couldnt get any1 going an was head wreaking after a while otherwise was good..

chris200s13
10-09-12, 13:45
great day out, was some shitters tho jus passed by them and on to the jap stuf.

drifting was great to watch, sum great tandems and the entrys wer so fast. only bad call i saw from judges was for 3rd place, duane deserved it even tho he didnt manji outa the last corner. was door2 door n he held better angle on entry.

drivers put on a great show tho will def b at the next1.

nikkisixx69
10-09-12, 14:27
mantra was fun from what i remember

saw a SAVAGE vectra with a bail of hay on its roof bars at the stands, proper game changer that car

drifting was awesome, the speeds are getting insane!

Mayo S13
10-09-12, 14:32
Absolutly mental day of drifting , brilliant drivers all of them! loved the blue s15 on Koneig wheels in japfest, honestly thought there should have been no diesel/german cars there at all its called JAPfest for a reason.. very nice cars every where else tho! Great day out!!

LSD is Addictive
10-09-12, 15:32
Absolutly mental day of drifting , brilliant drivers all of them! loved the blue s15 on Koneig wheels in japfest, honestly thought there should have been no diesel/german cars there at all its called JAPfest for a reason.. very nice cars every where else tho! Great day out!!

Ur worse than the Dirt givin out about everything u big fag :p :p

Mayo S13
10-09-12, 15:40
U werent even there fag! Stayn at home fixin ur S14 :D

Chuck_g
10-09-12, 16:04
What a weekend............! Im only recovered enough now to write this! Firstly a HUGE thanks to Anthony Galvin, Chris Brady and Duane Mckeever for the help in the morning, i really would not even got to compete if they had not fixed my problem :) Thanks lads, i owe ye pints....and an orange for you Duane :) Thanks to Niall McCarthy, Pat Mccarthy, Eoin Hawthorne, Aidan O Flynn, Fiona Wyse, The Manfoot Crew and everyone else who helped out and my sponsors Fon Transpor Servic & Bandon Autocare & Co. for everything!! Serious weekend of drifting, an epic finale for PD after 9 years! After a serious 5th place qualifier i unfortunately lost out after a one more time to Colm Carberry.......glued to me he was, pardon the pun :P

The piss up....was serious, i was a mess as always and to anyone i molested, please get checked :) Between nudity, sing songs, hegartys dong, smiles and serious faces, mad bastardson, my new fella Jon Hall, carpo gluing shit, gardai, buses, farts, nudity, fights, tequila and late night discussions it was possibly the best PD session ever....roll on next year but i think a few sessions in the middle wouldn't kill!

Big congrats aswell to Brendan Stone, Wesley Keating, Adrian Walsh, Nicky "God" Hallahan and all the winners of the weekend.....battle of the weekend had to have been Wesley Keating & Barry Leonard....unreal :) Love aasbo's car and the noise off Mike Fitz's and Darrens Rotarys! Was gutted for Mike as the car was really working for him. Enough said....roll on IDC 2013 :)

chrisbrady325
10-09-12, 16:09
Judging Sunday was perfect from where i stood, saw everything and think it was very fair!! Dunane would have had wez for 3rd place if he hadnt straightend over the finish, ( due to diff problem) wez on his first run put 2 wheels off track on clip 3 which means he was deducted points because 4 wheels off is a "0" and straightening is not acceptable in judges eyes.. unfortunate for young mc keever because in my eyes he was the best to watch battle all day!! and well done to him.. cant wait to have more power next year to catch u up the straight lol :p

Well done To Brendan Stone on the Win Well deserved Champ For the season! very consistent all year big up to you lad!..

Top 16 On Sunday was hard work as 28 drivers were out to make this grid and we all knew it wouldnt be easy.. so imo everyone in top 16 deserved it!

Brian Egan - top lad top driver achieved a dream this weekend and deserved it more than anyone!,

I just want to say thanks to Mike Fitz And Tom ( Cousin Tom I Think ) for helping me fix my car after a breakdown in practice i owe ye lads big time!! Thanks To Prodrift for putting up yet another great event to all involved and to my girlfriend Emma who has not shot me yet and has really had my back when being wreckless buyin a car 2 days before the event.. When I'm still building my new one at home lol

Roll on 2013--- NEW Championship, NEW Car.. Go Hard Or Go Home!

KerryKid1JZ
10-09-12, 16:19
What a day, was only there for the Sunday but the standard of cars was unreal! People are on about all the Volkswagens etc but I just walked past em and didn't really take any notice! For sure though they should just not call it Japfest anymore or adleast categorize the cars like someone said a few pages back. Some savage motors there like the Midnight purple Zenki s14, the little old-school Toyota gathering was class!, the red JZX100 is unbelievably cool as per usual, and the blue Mark II. Some cars tho for fucks sake like that aqua blue peice of shit with tigers or some shit airbrushed on it with some gunter sitting in it like she was Jordana Brewster hah!
Prodrift was unbelievably top class! Duane vs Kearney was a good watch!

LSD is Addictive
10-09-12, 16:22
U werent even there fag! Stayn at home fixin ur S14 :D

At least all my cars are going not all in bits all over the shed :p

Chuck_g
10-09-12, 16:32
Brian Egan - top lad top driver achieved a dream this weekend and deserved it more than anyone!

Jasus i forgot Brian.........some lad, some car :) He was on fire, nothing new but was really really good to watch :) He has a Pro Licence for next year by my calculations, well deserved! :)

Ps, thanks again for the help saturday chris.......did duane get his wire and fuses back do you know? I just took off to the track....

danmoorhead
10-09-12, 16:50
it saddens me to see people complain about the commentating!!! because dave is the best that we have ever had!!! he wrecks your head because hes trying to get the crowd goin!!??? that just means ur one of the dry pricks that comes to an event and leaves with an opinion on everyting and i find it sad as its the people that say that he annoys them that sit at an event saying it boring!!!! he brings life to an event and does a get job!! and you will not find a DRIVER in pd i belive that will tell you that dave did not give them a great up on the mic!!!

bubble1984
10-09-12, 16:50
My best weekends drifting anyway was an amazing feeling to hear everyone going mental for me Saturday evening really pushed me on !
was amazing to practice with some of the best in the world on Sunday ,
Ill be recovering for a few days im wrecked !
Can't forget a massive thanks to Ruben (bubble1984) for the lend of the turbo otherwise would not of been competing !

no bother,was happy to help a fine strapping young man like ya. was great to shout for ya and watch you all weekend, what a rookie year for you. delighted. great driver. great car. :)

chrisbrady325
10-09-12, 17:19
it saddens me to see people complain about the commentating!!! because dave is the best that we have ever had!!! he wrecks your head because hes trying to get the crowd goin!!??? that just means ur one of the dry pricks that comes to an event and leaves with an opinion on everyting and i find it sad as its the people that say that he annoys them that sit at an event saying it boring!!!! he brings life to an event and does a get job!! and you will not find a DRIVER in pd i belive that will tell you that dave did not give them a great up on the mic!!!

x100 !!!!!

Dave is the best i've ever heard at any event, he has a passion for the sport and it shows by how much detail he can remember about the competitors and their cars.. i really hope dave's around for 2013 on the mic and competing!!

Top lad in car, on mic and off track! End of!

chrisbrady325
10-09-12, 17:21
Jasus i forgot Brian.........some lad, some car :) He was on fire, nothing new but was really really good to watch :) He has a Pro Licence for next year by my calculations, well deserved! :)

Ps, thanks again for the help saturday chris.......did duane get his wire and fuses back do you know? I just took off to the track....

no probs chucky thats what the sports about! i dont like to see anyone in trouble! and its a joy to watch ye out in the bmw!! Balls out on the grill of her! see you in 2013 dude :cool:

nicknack
10-09-12, 17:30

Here here.

Greg
10-09-12, 17:35
Japfest for me summed up pretty quickly as I'm still depressed over Saturdays mess of an attempt at skidding.

Saturday - Crap
Mantra/bus trip/drunken shouting - awesome.
Sunday - The show had some pretty cool cars, some not so cool but they helped the cool ones stand out. The drifting(or what I saw of it because I wan't able to stay long) was amazing, the speed, noise, commitment, was out of this world. Great to watch.

sparky
10-09-12, 17:37
think dave was gettin acid flashs back tho he saw cars "right on the wall" a few time

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/LARY1733.jpg

wall ?? :P

nicknack
10-09-12, 17:58
think dave was gettin acid flashs back tho he saw cars "run the wall" a few time

http://cdn.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/LARY1733.jpg

wall ?? :P

Ha ha!!

nicknack
10-09-12, 18:04
Just looking back at some footage and although I was a distance away, it looked as if only 1 wheel on Diurmuid O Connells car went on the grass in the battle with Barry Hennessy!

dR Dan
10-09-12, 18:20
Firstly i know this thread is titled Japfest afterthoughts but i couldnt give a flying fcuk about show cars.. This is driftireland and thats all i care about. The drifting.

Which was AMAZING as ever. 1 or 2 calls i didnt agree with but hey thats what you get in judged competition.

Heros of the weekend for me Stephen Harte and Duane McKeever. AWESOME.
Also a big shout out to Wez who was on fire. Delighted for him.

Big Congrats to Nicky, Adrian and Brendan on taking the titles well deserved.

To the newbs giving out about Dave i bet ye'r the same sort of boring cunt who give out about hats being on sideways and what not. Ye clearly havent got a clue cas no1 else in the country could get near him on a mic.

Saturday night was HILARIOUS highlights Neil from Juicebox on the bus celetaped to another bus, Chuckys schlong, Elevator rescue, asking the guards if theyd leave me fight the hotel manager, making Martina play with herselfs boobs etc etc etc.

Roll on the next outing and rolling out 'The Drift Republic' in a big way next year.

COYBIG

xxxx

leeK9
10-09-12, 18:23
this was my first ever japfest as i missed the one last year due to a real bad toothache but i thought it was an epic day

few things that i didn't like that i feel could be improved upon without too much effort

letting euro cars in is completely redonkulous and if needs must a designated euro section could have been made for them to show off their mercedes wheels and carbon fibre vinyled TDi engine covers :cheesy:

the show itself was very badly organized and there was no actual route through the show you just had to wander around and i missed half the cars due to not paying attention to where i was actually walking lol.... with proper japfest material cars being shoved into a corner with not enough room between the cars to really appreciate them imo (ae86 stand/DTD stand/honda haven stand)

i thought the drifting was epic and the drivers were going balls out like ive never seen before in ireland.....few of the calls by the judges were a bit swayed by bias eg. i think james Deane had dai on the first top 16 battle and i think duane Mckeever was more deserving of the third place finish than Wez which is no dis respect to Wez as he was on fire also but he dropped two wheels off the track so should follow the rules even though there is confusion between wether 2 wheels or 4 wheels deems a score a zero

and lastly what was up with the crowd....never seen a bunch of dry owl sh1tes watching a drifting contest....these lads are putting their blood sweat and tears into this sport that reaps very little monetary rewards yet people wont even take their hands out of their pockets or as much as clear their throat for irish and international drifting stars in 600+hp cars giving it socks....i felt sorry for dave doing the commentary as he was trying his best to get the crowd going but he was fighting a losing battle unfortunately but i thought he was brilliant regardless...

bit of a rant but i enjoyed it and thought it was deffinetly worth the 4 hour drive down and 4 hour drive back and cant wait till next year and if i still have the PS13 she will be down in the show and shine area 1/4 panelling smelly VAG cars!!!! :D

Boguey001
10-09-12, 18:37
x100 !!!!!

Dave is the best i've ever heard at any event, he has a passion for the sport and it shows by how much detail he can remember about the competitors and their cars.. i really hope dave's around for 2013 on the mic and competing!!

Chris your interview was priceless Dave:When was the car for sale? Chris:"Now" brilliant lad haha
And i completely agree with dan about dave, he brings great life and atomsphere to the events.

All in it was a brilliant weekend, excellent driving from everyone, big congratulations to nicky hallahan, really stood out this last 2 rounds in particular, brian egan, his runs were insane, adrian walsh, consistent as ever and of course mr stone on winning the championship. The drifting was insane but the judging was a shambles at times, as some lads already said the hennessy o connel run, dai driving through the 1st corner in his first run against deane, dmac was in the judges tower and he said deane was robbed, also wez against dai, according to the rules all year 2 wheels off is 10-0 to wez? has been all year and wez hitting dai is 10-0 to dai? surely a omt, no? Also duane not drifting across the finish, from where i was sitting i seen several drivers not drifting from the final clipping point across the finish line including dai so why single out duane? Not taking anything away form wez though he deserved his 3rd place, his battles with barry leonard where the best of the weekend to me, didnt think they would ever get them seperated. :) Also the final Dai had stone bet in the 1st battle so why the need for a omt, it was the same in tullyroan, deane was far closer to stone in chasing but the judges called a omt, the womans reply to that was "are they trying to give stone the win". But credit to brendan he deserved the championship, he's been on fire all year. Best moment of the weekend had to be the lad in the booter kicking out his front windscreen in front of the grandstand, the stand went wild haha.
And i probably will get slated over the above but this is a public forum and im entitled to my opinion.
As for the show and shine, didnt spend too long going around it but there was some yolks that needed to be scapped never mind enter a show and shine comp.
Anyway guna miss pd over the winter but roll on a bigger and better 2013. :)

Robbie Daly Ps13
10-09-12, 18:37
Hats should not be worn sideways.....!

Serious drifting.....!

Dave Egan should be on tv.....!

Holla....!

dR Dan
10-09-12, 18:42
People need to get facts before they talk. This year a new rule was introduced 1 wheel off course=slight point reduction, 2=slightly more, 3= big reduction, 4= 0 points :) Happy now???

Sideways hats look really cool from the tower Robbie :) xxx

DaveZigen
10-09-12, 19:32
What an unbelievable weekend!

What can I say about Saturday! Every driver competing in ama/semi-pro should take a bow for creating a world-class series from nothing! The aggression, speed, commitment and talent made me proud to be involved and although I didn't qualify I had one of the best days of my life calling it! 2 years ago there were 40/50 people sulking in the stands and this weekend the atmosphere was crazy with the level of driving justifying the huge attendance. Every driver's family and friends did them proud by showing so much support and we have a lot to look forward to next year. Dai Yoshihara and Larry Chen watched with their mouths open in the tower beside me, you guys have put yourselves on the map internationally this year! Awesome!:cool:

As far as Sunday goes the level just went up a notch from last year and bar-none that is the best drifting you will see in Europe, hands down! It was everything I wanted to see! A mix of seasoned pro's (Lenihan, Deane, Mulvey etc.) old school hero's ( Kearney, McNamara etc.) the Formula D best ( Dai, Aasbo) and the new kids ( Brian, P McCarthy, Duane etc.) It had everything! Shock exits, crashes, off-tracks and underdog stories! A new Campion! Formula D champ against Prpdrift Champ in the final! So much to keep everybody talking until next season and showed how unpredictable and exciting Prodrift has become. Congrats to all trophy winners all weekend, it was a hard year to get them!!!;)

As far as the commentary and judging are concerned, they are thankless jobs that only leave yourself open for criticism. This will probably be my last time doing it. I don't think people will ever understand what it's like. I had to commentate this weekend after driving all Friday and Saturday morning, I fucked up my qualifying and was very pissed off, couldn't be, showtime. I talked for 9 hours this weekend, unscripted, mostly to myself, nervously, to thousands of people, about 110 drivers and cars, with not one note in front of me! Then if I say the wrong thing people jump down my throat? I have to act like I don't know my own brother and friends to avoid being biased. There wasn't even a commentator on Saturday before me so I'm the first to have to do 2 full days of shouting which is pretty tiring. I'm under pressure all weekend with everybody relying on me to carry the show so tell me when I can relax and enjoy any part of it? Myself and the judges, who clearly only did it for a love of the sport (as there isn't one other reason) are human and will and do make mistakes but we are only doing our best. This favoritism bullshit is insulting and uneducated. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I don't need anybody to defend me or even like my style. I just thought I'd give people fuel for thought.

I've had the best 3 years commentating but I'm gonna really try to give the driving thing a go properly next year and cheer on that lunatic brother of mine!:p

Phew.... lol

dR Dan
10-09-12, 19:46
Dave you shouldnt have to come on here an explain youself. And intellectual ProDrift fan/ driver/ employee knows your value to the sport in Ireland over the last 3 years. You'v been nothing short of immense.

Im very dissapointed your moving on but i understand the want to compete properly and want to be a proper fan as i done something similar a few years back.

I wish you the very best next year with what ever role you take on be it fan or driver and look forward to partyin da shizz outta it with ya!

Also a big shout out to Mr. Kenny for finding you.

Major props to both you guys.

Chuck_g
and lastly what was up with the crowd....never seen a bunch of dry owl sh1tes watching a drifting contest....these lads are putting their blood sweat and tears into this sport that reaps very little monetary rewards yet people wont even take their hands out of their pockets or as much as clear their throat for irish and international drifting stars in 600+hp cars giving it socks....i felt sorry for dave doing the commentary as he was trying his best to get the crowd going but he was fighting a losing battle unfortunately but i thought he was brilliant regardless...

This was said also last year.....were you in the stands? Cause we were and it was awesome....;)

nikkisixx69
As far as the commentary and judging are concerned, they are thankless jobs that only leave yourself open for criticism. This will probably be my last time doing it. I don't think people will ever understand what it's like. I had to commentate this weekend after driving all Friday and Saturday morning, I fucked up my qualifying and was very pissed off, couldn't be, showtime. I talked for 9 hours this weekend, unscripted, mostly to myself, nervously, to thousands of people, about 110 drivers and cars, with not one note in front of me! Then if I say the wrong thing people jump down my throat? I have to act like I don't know my own brother and friends to avoid being biased. There wasn't even a commentator on Saturday before me so I'm the first to have to do 2 full days of shouting which is pretty tiring. I'm under pressure all weekend with everybody relying on me to carry the show so tell me when I can relax and enjoy any part of it? Myself and the judges, who clearly only did it for a love of the sport (as there isn't one other reason) are human and will and do make mistakes but we are only doing our best. This favoritism bullshit is insulting and uneducated. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and I don't need anybody to defend me or even like my style. I just thought I'd give people fuel for thought.

I've had the best 3 years commentating but I'm gonna really try to give the driving thing a go properly next year and cheer on that lunatic brother of mine!:p

Phew.... lol

to be honest i cant imagine anyone else commentating! your a natural at it !

but if your not doing it in 2013.... drunk andrew joyce doing the commentating

Chuck_g
10-09-12, 19:50
Dave dont you fucking dare give it up! Your the voice of Prodrift and beyond and if you give up il give up!

Anyone else see the lad off his head on some sorta drugs in the kit car doing the barrel sprint?? She wont go any faster laaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!

Damien
10-09-12, 19:56
Was my first time at Japfest and I must say I loved every second of it, had my car on the SXOC stand and the cars were fairly squashed in throughout the display area.
Didn't expect to see all the Vag yokes filling up the paddock. If they weren't there then there would have been enough space to park and admire the quality jap stuff on display, though it was rare.

As for the track action, the time attack looked like great craic, and the barrell roll wasn't great but the kit car doing it looked class.
The Drifting was just world class, some great battles which really were only seperated by the tiniest of margins.
As for the criticism of the commentating, what would you rather he be saying or talking about. The crowd were just dead and the few cheers dave got out of them were hard got. Look at any other commentator in another drift series, and see what job they do, he's as good as any of them and gets more criticism than praise. If there was no commentary or just music it would be shit. I'm sure Dave could hear himself repeating a few lines, but listen to any commentator and they will fall back on the same things when the action is quiet.
They'll have a job replacing you next year Dave.

I've also developed a serious need for a track car, I'm not getting enough fun out of my road s14, and the track looked like so much fun yesterday.

Roll on round1 of next year.

Damien
10-09-12, 19:59
Anyone else see the lad off his head on some sorta drugs in the kit car doing the barrel sprint?? She wont go any faster laaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!

And he moving himself forward and back in the car trying to speed it up.:D

chrisb
10-09-12, 20:19

couldnt have said it better myself.

dav is a legend

mind blowing how he remembers and knows so much about everyone.

keep up the good work dav

ciaranshankey
10-09-12, 20:23
4th year ive been at this. by far the best action yet! no harm having a few euro yokes, but the near standard ones destroyed it imo. the commentator was savage fair play to him, except for when he called munellys escort a corolla lol!:)

nicky h
10-09-12, 20:36
Dave is a serious loss to drifting ,
you will not get a better commentator ,FACT
Of course he gets excited hes trying to get the croud going and it's a hard job when there so many sad bastards around ,
make some noise at the event don't wait till you go home to the computer !

Jamesconn
10-09-12, 21:00
x100 !!!!!

no bother,was happy to help a fine strapping young man like ya. was great to shout for ya and watch you all weekend, what a rookie year for you. delighted. great driver. great car. :)

What an unbelievable weekend!

What can I say about Saturday! Every driver competing in ama/semi-pro should take a bow for creating a world-class series from nothing! The aggression, speed, commitment and talent made me proud to be involved and although I didn't qualify I had one of the best days of my life calling it! 2 years ago there were 40/50 people sulking in the stands and this weekend the atmosphere was crazy with the level of driving justifying the huge attendance. Every driver's family and friends did them proud by showing so much support and we have a lot to look forward to next year. Dai Yoshihara and Larry Chen watched with their mouths open in the tower beside me, you guys have put yourselves on the map internationally this year! Awesome!:cool:

As far as Sunday goes the level just went up a notch from last year and bar-none that is the best drifting you will see in Europe, hands down! It was everything I wanted to see! A mix of seasoned pro's (Lenihan, Deane, Mulvey etc.) old school hero's ( Kearney, McNamara etc.) the Formula D best ( Dai, Aasbo) and the new kids ( Brian, P McCarthy, Duane etc.) It had everything! Shock exits, crashes, off-tracks and underdog stories! A new Campion! Formula D champ against Prpdrift Champ in the final! So much to keep everybody talking until next season and showed how unpredictable and exciting Prodrift has become. Congrats to all trophy winners all weekend, it was a hard year to get them!!!;)

Phew.... lol

OK, Im so fucking angry at all the negative bullshit about your commentating, as i think it's second to none, and i hope you not giving it up because of a few assholes, I think its time for the true drift fans to step up here now and be heard, Dave i dont know you even i have been at all the rounds this Year (except for cork to far from Donegal:-) ) All i can say is THANK YOU............

Chuck_g
10-09-12, 21:04
Dave makes us laugh too..............i loled so much with his comment about Shane o Sullivan......"Here is Shane o Sullivan all the way over from Galway" :) Ledge....!

1jsoarer
10-09-12, 21:22
Dave Egan is a HERO simple as!!!... and i personally i have found the events way more enjoyable when hes on the mic!! wouldn't be the same without him tbh

joey banana s14
10-09-12, 21:26
Dave you shouldnt have to come on here an explain youself. And intellectual ProDrift fan/ driver/ employee knows your value to the sport in Ireland over the last 3 years. You'v been nothing short of immense.

Im very dissapointed your moving on but i understand the want to compete properly and want to be a proper fan as i done something similar a few years back.

I wish you the very best next year with what ever role you take on be it fan or driver and look forward to partyin da shizz outta it with ya!

Also a big shout out to Mr. Kenny for finding you.

Major props to both you guys.

i disagree wqith you most times :p but your spot on anyone thats knows drifting knows the effect dave had on pd events he brought back the atmosphere its his pure love for the sport that shines through and although i wish him the very best competing next year hel be sorely missed , anyone with negitive comments im sure are the drivers of them vti civics reeeeeking of hash all day so wouldnt let that phase me

Jamesconn
10-09-12, 21:29
Dave Egan is a HERO simple as!!!... and i personally i have found the events way more enjoyable when hes on the mic!! wouldn't be the same without him tbh

That's more like it, Totally agree

niallmac
10-09-12, 21:29
all i can say is wow what a weekend,

nicky h is my hero :p, making manfoot proud winning ama,

sunday was unreal irish drifting is so good that 2 years in a row foumula d drivers come over here and cant win the likes of stone are as good as anyone in the world,

so sorry to dave not with us for next year, but i can see where he is coming from, its alot of work driving and being a commentator and wanting to progress on as a driver thats daves choise to make,

oh and that bus to the club, we need that for every round, fucking hell that was messy

DaveZigen
10-09-12, 21:37
As I said I'm only the commentator and it's the awesome driving that made it easy to make it entertaining but I loved competing this year so much that I'll concentrate a bit more on that and I just want to watch and go bananas in the stand cheering on the lads like the rest of ye;)

It just seems that at a lot of events people come on with a lot of negativity about judges, staff, prices etc. and especially after what I thought was an amazing event you kind of think 'what do you have to do to get people excited and keep them happy?' Reckon people don't appreciate that they are watching world-class driving for 20 quid in their own country.... It's Awesome!

Look how far we've come in the last couple of years!

I just think we should be all celebrating the talent and stay away from nit-picking just to lord it up on the keyboard!

And Shane O'Sullivan had 2 connecting flights with a 10 hour stop-over in Athlone so appreciate his commitment Chuck lol ha ha

duane-drift
10-09-12, 21:39
well dont even no where to start had ONE of theee most best weekends ever couldnt believe it when i got 2nd in superlap so i really pushed for twin battles and i was really happy with the outcome

thanks to chris brady over the weekend. i pulled in at one stage and i wasnt even out of the car yet and i heard the trolly jack being put under the car and then i seen chris jacking away.

and the whole crowd cheering for me was nice thanks:D

the car was going well all weekend thanks to richard bradley for fitting the turbo and mapping the car.

and who ever says dave egan is no good at commentary i dont no what to think cuase imo he is the best he never makes a slip and always has something to say and is real good at getting the crowd going so thereeee:mad:

Chuck_g
10-09-12, 21:40
And Shane O'Sullivan had 2 connecting flights with a 10 hour stop-over in Athlone so appreciate his commitment Chuck lol ha ha

leeK9
10-09-12, 21:42
This was said also last year.....were you in the stands? Cause we were and it was awesome....;)

i was standing right in front of the where the judges were sitting, right in front of the finish line for the drifting..

i was cheering and whooping away and having the crack with a few mates but was surrounded by dry sh1tes looking at me as if i was special needs

same situation with Dmac up on the judges platform...never seen the man break a smile for the whole 2 hours of the top 16 runs but may have been bummed out by his result

maybe it was my first japfest but of all the other people ive heard commentating on drifting dave is the best by far

he knows the drivers very well and knows his cars and what engine/power they are using which is good as i sometimes forget

jeff nelson sileighty
10-09-12, 21:43
In fairness Dave has made a huuuge difference to pd ....I will miss having him on the Mic next year and for fuck sake the crowd can be a joke, you can really tell the true fans of the sport by the fact they'll actually pull the finger out and clap and cheer ,its great there is a few of us that do it but my god what's wrong with everyone getting behind it?
Also who actually remembers the bus home ? Fucking epic :D Neil from juicebox was brilliant as was ruben dover having sex with petert ....how did ruben even get bak to the hotel?

B.Egan
10-09-12, 21:45
Amazing weekend!!!

Firstly want to say a massive congrats to Nicky Hallahan on winning amateur this year. It was brilliant the 3 of us all being so close going into the last round, and Nicky completely deserved to win with his performances this weekend. Absolutely smashed it!

The driving standard was amazing all weekend, and I'm nearly sad I didn't get to see more because I was driving too ha!

I had a brilliant weekend obviously, as I was first disappointed to lose out on amateur, and just wasn't at the races at all saturday in practice or qualifying, after being actually happy with the track on Friday. So didn't really fancy myself to go to far on saturday being totally honest. But it all just started to come together, and my battle against Mike Fitz was amazing to drive in, as Mikes one of my favourite drivers. Suddenly I was in the top 16 of Sunday at an event I was in awe watching last year. Honestly couldn't believe it and I'm still a bit overwhelmed.

I lost my rear window friday, my manifold and some power saturday, and my wallet sunday night........gained one hell of an experience though!! :-)

joey banana s14
10-09-12, 21:48
Amazing weekend!!!

Firstly want to say a massive congrats to Nicky Hallahan on winning amateur this year. It was brilliant the 3 of us all being so close going into the last round, and Nicky completely deserved to win with his performances this weekend. Absolutely smashed it!

The driving standard was amazing all weekend, and I'm nearly sad I didn't get to see more because I was driving too ha!

I had a brilliant weekend obviously, as I was first disappointed to lose out on amateur, and just wasn't at the races at all saturday in practice or qualifying, after being actually happy with the track on Friday. So didn't really fancy myself to go to far on saturday being totally honest. But it all just started to come together, and my battle against Mike Fitz was amazing to drive in, as Mikes one of my favourite drivers. Suddenly I was in the top 16 of Sunday at an event I was in awe watching last year. Honestly couldn't believe it and I'm still a bit overwhelmed.

I lost my rear window friday, my manifold and some power saturday, and my wallet sunday night........gained one hell of an experience though!! :-)

your entrys sunday made me tingle in my penis AWESOME that is all

markII-90
10-09-12, 21:54
your entrys sunday made me tingle in my penis AWESOME that is all

Joey your overtaking skills on the way out of the carpark on Sunday where awesome!!

Haha

robbieb
10-09-12, 21:59
couldnt have said it better myself.

dav is a legend

mind blowing how he remembers and knows so much about everyone.

keep up the good work dav

x2 ledge

joey banana s14
10-09-12, 22:04
Joey your overtaking skills on the way out of the carpark on Sunday where awesome!!

Haha

hahaha i was looking in at ya and nearly ploughed the pillar of the gate out of it:cool: shame i didnt meet ya over the weekend man its portlaoise since we drank tea haha

darren5
10-09-12, 22:06
i was in the stand myself and the atmosphere was deadly makes a change from wen sstandin at the fence and lads lookin at ya wen u cheer.
the drivers make it look so easy its ridiculous.
fair play to dave on his commentatin god only knows how hard it is and u wil only be truely missed wen ur gone.
also as said earlier who gives a fcuk bout show and shine

tezdude
10-09-12, 22:08
Where to start? The talent of drifters in this country is mental, duane mc keevers is a genius, his entries and chases were a joy to watch. Wez's and barrys battles were amazing wouldnt have minded another omt lol. Congrats to Brendan stone and adrian walsh on their championship wins, very deserving winners! Dave Egan doesnt get the recognition he deserves, he has a very hard job which i think he is brilliant at and will be a massive miss if he aint mc at Idc next year!

markII-90
10-09-12, 22:12
hahaha i was looking in at ya and nearly ploughed the pillar of the gate out of it:cool: shame i didnt meet ya over the weekend man its portlaoise since we drank tea haha

Haha fucking gas !! Yeah I didn't see hardly anybody down there at all..
I'm sure there'll be a session over the winter break dude :)

E30chick
10-09-12, 22:26
Fucking epic :D Neil from juicebox was brilliant as was ruben dover having sex with petert ....how did ruben even get bak to the hotel?

I dunno how he got back to the hotel but Neil had an indept conversation with him on the bus via his 'telephone runners' :D

And I would listen to that commentators voice all day.....

Sorry Chuck!

MissSuz
10-09-12, 23:11
Spend all day in bed so just about recovered! What an event!

Japfest?! Only time I went that far down the paddock was to get to the car park to go home! It was all about going to prodrift round 5 for me!

Saturday was awesome! Insane driving. Entry's from Nicky Hallahan were unreal all day and there was a good buzz in the stand! Mondello really does get the best buzz going as all the true drift fans are together in the stand Saturday and have zero problem paying the extra €5 to go up there again Sunday. Can't understand anyone saying it was dead! It was deadly!! :)

Huge congrats to all the winners of the weekend and Nicky , Adrian and Brendan taking the championships! Seriously well deserved and massively entertaining all year!

As for slating Dave as a commentator. Dave is awesome at commentating. At my first ever pd event last year I literally learned 90% of who drives what, cars, who's who, who sponcers who ect from listening to him. Makes every event really enjoyable listening to him! Who ever will be commentating next year will have it tough following on from Dave. There isn't one true drift fan here that will disagree. Best of luck with the driving next year Dave :) we will miss you from the tower :)

Saturday nights session was off the wall as usual. That double decker bus was insane! Surprised the whole thing didn't collapse with the messing! Poor bus driver!! Mantra was awesome! Love that club!! The Lols were had with everyone. The Greenisle afterwards was also insane as usual when my whole drinking crew got stuck in the lift :( off down to reception then only for the security guards not to bat an eyelid! Finally got it open after like 40 mins! I'd actually have lost my life if I went into it but judging by the crew that got in I decided to take the stairs!

Sunday was unreal to watch! Gutted I missed Superlap :( top 16 was epic tho. Wez Barry Duane Dean Brendan and Dai were most entertaining putting out some crazy battles! Huge congrats to Brendan again for winning the event and championship!

Great weekend to finish the season. Roll on 2013 :)

pole drift
10-09-12, 23:30
I missed the qualifying on Saturday but the battles between everyone was amazing to watch!! Adrian Walsh just looks so in control behind the wheel of that AE86!!

Saturday night was good craic in Mantra, Juice groping my face while, bumping into Nikki66666xxxx6x6x6x6x6x66 on the way to the priest college looking for some late night love, general banter.

Im glad the rain held off somewhat on the sunday for some amazing battles, Wez vs Barry was genuinely fun to watch. Delighted for Brendan Stone to take the win.

I was talking to the german dude who bought my PS13 tonight and he thinks its a bad idea that Prodrift is changing to IDC (as the PD logo is instantly recognizable and hopes that the new IDC name will catch on quickly), he was saying that the series has alot of international following due to the fact it has some of the best drivers in europe and the that the amatures here are years ahead of the pro's in Germany!! Also he was the one who mentioned Round 5 to Uwe Heckter and helped him fill out the entry form. Uwe said he couldn't believe how close the Irish guys are able to drift door to door. Uwe will be returning next year in his chariot and horses according to Juice lol

All in all it was a great way to finish up the year, hats off to the organising that went into the weekend

Baz_180
10-09-12, 23:42
What an Awesone weekend! In fairness it was serious value for money. The level of driving on Saturday was nothing short of epic. Nicky H was inspiring to watch as too Brian Egan, what a season that man has had.

Saturday night was some craic! The bus to and home from Mantra was crazy as said earlier. Great meeting everyone!

Sunday was jammed packed action. It's a testiment to Prodrift and the Irish drifting scene that Dai and Aasbo, possibly the best in the world, come back again to compete. Do people not realise who's drifting a few feet in front of you.

Congrats to Mr. Stone and all at MG crash repair. Delighted for Wez the amount the man has done for the sport he deserves all the praise and more.

Also Dave Egan has been a breath of fresh air on the mic. The dedication the man has to his role! The time he puts in to talk to and gather as much information on each car and driver and then relay that to the crowd and promote each driver. Big respect! I hope your there next year if not you will be sorely missed.

B&G Extreme Drifting
11-09-12, 18:53
have to admit was on the hill on sunday what a bunch of useless tossers! most of them dont have a clue!only bout 15-20 clapping including myself & orla.
Dave is not only a great commentator but a genuine sound chap so who ever has critisized him is wrong & clowns..no one can do it as good.round after round i kept saying to my gf jaysus fair play to him cause its hard work, look Dave dont take that to heart cause we all love you :)

as for my runs how did i not get through after only puttin 1 wheel off in the first & a bit of off roading in the 2nd lol :) :)

i know iv done bit of giving out but puttin that aside best of luck to Graham!! that was some show yous put on the weekend, lethal :)

LarZ
11-09-12, 20:40
have to admit was on the hill on sunday what a bunch of useless tossers! most of them dont have a clue!only bout 15-20 clapping including myself & orla.

Ridiculous wasn't it? I was clapping away, even my girlfriend was clapping and it was her first time ever at a drift event. People around me were just looking at me like there was something wrong with me. Then after each battle they were calling winners as if they knew what they were talking about. If we were at a concert they'd all clap away.

muldrew180sx
11-09-12, 21:04
x100 !!!!!

Well said!!!

jeff nelson sileighty
12-09-12, 17:37
Ridiculous wasn't it? I was clapping away, even my girlfriend was clapping and it was her first time ever at a drift event. People around me were just looking at me like there was something wrong with me. Then after each battle they were calling winners as if they knew what they were talking about. If we were at a concert they'd all clap away.

its fucking stupid the way people cant show aappreciation for the driving ....i was in by the pits at the fence and there was only a handful of us clapping out of a hundred odd people :huh:i didnt really give a fuck about the looks i was getting i was whistling and roaring away mad :p

jeff nelson sileighty
12-09-12, 17:52
I dunno how he got back to the hotel but Neil had an indept conversation with him on the bus via his 'telephone runners' :D

Pics of said 'telephone runners' :p

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h403/jnelson19/IMAG0229.jpg

and to think this is a moderator on our site?:p :o

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h403/jnelson19/IMAG0227.jpg
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h403/jnelson19/IMAG0226.jpg

B&G Extreme Drifting
12-09-12, 18:48
Ahh its madness like you would be wondering why the fuck half of them go?
The hill was dead man at Honda/Ford wreck your head. They just dont realise the effort that goes in by all included thats why they cant just a little gratitude!

Back to the drivers, Chris Brady well fair feicing play to you, only buying a car late during the week, out the wkend then boom top16 was happy for you. Well done to the ama,semi,pro winners & the podium lads, the championship winners in all categories & Brian & Adrian going on to the sunday & dominating!
And Duane your back :) :) :) you never went but the bad luck eventually lifted a serious top driver for the future many many years left in the locker
well done to you s all! serious pilots

oldskooler
13-09-12, 09:20
what an awesome weekend, was great to be back in mondello even though it was the worst ive driven in years. its like i was tryin to get the poor old mk2 back to her rally roots in the dirt half the time lol!!;) that said i had an absolute ball, just couldnt settle into it.

imo dave is an excellent commentator, with great info on each car spec and all the drivers etc. will be sorely missed no doubt.

i watched all the semi pro battles from the grandstand on saturday and i must say the atmosphere was awesome as was the driving. everyone was gettin behing the guys which was class for a saturday event.

i was across from the judging stand on sunday and indeed it was only a few of us clapping and cheering for what must have one of the best events ever seen on these shores. such insane driving, duanes transitions while chasing, wez and barrys battles, brendan stones entrys etc etc, i could go on. just a class weekend.:cool:

stevek
13-09-12, 11:35
Dave dont you fucking dare give it up! Your the voice of Prodrift and beyond and if you give up il give up!

haha the way he kept mickey fitting between each barrel? it was like he was on a horse!! Git UP!!!

chrisbrady325
13-09-12, 12:02
Ahh its madness like you would be wondering why the fuck half of them go?
The hill was dead man at Honda/Ford wreck your head. They just dont realise the effort that goes in by all included thats why they cant just a little gratitude!

Back to the drivers, Chris Brady well fair feicing play to you, only buying a car late during the week, out the wkend then boom top16 was happy for you. Well done to the ama,semi,pro winners & the podium lads, the championship winners in all categories & Brian & Adrian going on to the sunday & dominating!
And Duane your back :) :) :) you never went but the bad luck eventually lifted a serious top driver for the future many many years left in the locker
well done to you s all! serious pilots

Thanks Lad, ah it was mighty fun! Its these last minute wreckless choices that make it fun!! the wee car went well, great weather, great people, great support, happy out!! cannot wait to unleash the beast next year!!

nicknack
13-09-12, 12:09
Report here (http://www.good-luggage.com/prodrift-finale-2012-japfest/)from Good-Luggage!! :afro:

Deco84
14-09-12, 11:38
http://i793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/Deco180sx/1CF2ABC1-4754-4F7F-937F-506B445DCC2F-7830-0000095CEF3EB97C.jpg