PDA

View Full Version : DNY Racing Drift event PORTUGAL!!!

EvojeepGal
24-08-12, 22:02
27/8: ***Price conirmed: €650 return per car***

Yep, that time of year is creeping up on us again, so now is your opportunity to express interest as drivers...

Im taking my truck over, atm im looking into adding a 4 car draw trailer to the unit so can potentially take 8/9 cars over.

There is 2 spaces 110% confirmed already.

Prices are not confirmed yet as obviously it will depend if i can get the trailer to take the extra cars, going on previous years, the very approx price should be no more than the €700 mark.

Flights atm are just under €80 return from Dublin to Porto, flying out thursday and back tuesday, these are the closest available flights for the weekend, with Ryanair.

Hotels are very reasonably priced at €38 per ROOM for upto 2/3 people in each room, including breakfast.

I can and will arrange hotels for everone so that everyone is in the same hotel (there are a selection of 3) so the sooner I can book hotels the better or everyone as the good hotel is the first to book up fast and is walking distance to a late night "CHEAP" bar!!
No cash is needed upfront to book the hotels, just secure it with a card and u can pay cash on departure.

Porto airport is approx 45mins drive to the track/hotels so renting a car is the best option between a few people, as the hotels are not that close to the track (about 10mins drive)
The track is also VERY good on tyres, in all 4 years of going I think the most any car had used is 3/4sets, at the VERY maximum.
I think i used 2 sets last year, including a load of street drifting/burnouts in the parade!!

I will be hoping to confirm the prices for cars early next week to get the ball rolling.
Once the price is confirmed a deposit will hold a space for you, with the full amount due withing the week of the truck leaving Ireland.

Entry is also free or all competitors, and cars must be upto competition spec.

Any other questions, post up and ill get them answered for you.

skinnynphats200
24-08-12, 23:37
You know i'm in anyway, chat ya tomorrow ;)

pole drift
25-08-12, 23:24
What date is it??

skinnynphats200
26-08-12, 01:52
13th &14th October

EvojeepGal
27-08-12, 12:49
Price confirmed at Stg£580 at the minute the sterling rate is crap, so dont expect the Irish to be transferring euro over and costing money so Euro price for Irish drivers is €650 return to Dublin.

Only 5-6 spaces left available with others already confirmed.

A deposit of €150 secures the spot and full payment anytime before the truck leaves Ireland.

The other truck leaving from the UK is charging £700 per car return to the UK only.

EvojeepGal
09-09-12, 22:16
Bumping this back up lads, getting close!;)

Deco84
09-09-12, 22:48
13th &14th October

be savage to go over for a look is the weather nice that time of year

skinnynphats200
09-09-12, 22:50
30 degrees! flights and accom are cheap at about 200-250 return

EvojeepGal
09-09-12, 22:53
My mams flight was €87 return last fri and booked another riend 2days ago and it was €170 return.
Hotel is €38 B&B per room per night for upto 3 people!!

You cant spend money out there, bottles o Carlsbergs 79cent, pints or €1.50 on track!
Bar down from hotel give u blue label Smirnoff with redbull for €1.50!
A steak the size of your plate, bottle of wine, a load of JD's with starter and dessert worked out at €8 a head last year!!!

Deco84
09-09-12, 22:56
My mams flight was €87 return last fri and booked another riend 2days ago and it was €170 return.
Hotel is €38 B&B per room per night for upto 3 people!!

You cant spend money out there, bottles o Carlsbergs 79cent, pints or €1.50 on track!
Bar down from hotel give u blue label Smirnoff with redbull for €1.50!
A steak the size of your plate, bottle of wine, a load of JD's with starter and dessert worked out at €8 a head last year!!!

holy fuck thats a resession buster right there think im sold :)

EvojeepGal
09-09-12, 23:03
Big time!!

Ryanair flies out of Dublin on Fri at about 10.30am and leaves Porto the tuesday an gets u back in Dublin for about 4.30pm

Deco84
09-09-12, 23:05
il review the oul finances tomoro :)

EvojeepGal
09-09-12, 23:07
Lol, Kyle went last year without the car and swore he was bringing it this year.... the man has kept his word!

Also worth looking into if the pocket is stretchy, Flights rom Porto to Faro(Algarve) for a few days were only €12 each way a few days ago!

Deco84
09-09-12, 23:34
Nice one for all the info

EvojeepGal
16-09-12, 22:09
Just bumping this up again lads, whether your interested in driving or coming for the session!!

Ive a load of rooms reserved so that anyone going wont be scattered in all different hotels, and im familiar with the surroundings at the hotel for drinking and eating! Will more than likely do a night or two in Porto city itself which was very entertaining last year!

Contact me for any info u may want if your considering it, space can be still allocated for cars if anyones wanting to go ;)

Dunnedriftin
16-09-12, 22:58
I wanna go.... :/

Id prob come back in a brown paper box tho!!

EvojeepGal
16-09-12, 23:22
Sure at least u know u could hitch a lift home if u needed to haha

Dunnedriftin
18-09-12, 01:24
Sure at least u know u could hitch a lift home if u needed to haha

why you offering a lift home? lol :P