PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 Tullyroan after taughts

Boguey001
19-08-12, 20:43
So what did everyone think? Missed qualifying today due to work but what an awesome venue and awesome drifting, wall rubbing included. :) The level of talent on show was amazing with no one holding back. Well deserved win for James Deane, he was on it all day. Also hard luck to the victims of the wall, hope they bounce back.

tezdude
19-08-12, 21:05
So what did everyone think? Missed qualifying today due to work but what an awesome venue and awesome drifting, wall rubbing included. :) The level of talent on show was amazing with no one holding back. Well deserved win for James Deane, he was on it all day. Also hard luck to the victims of the wall, hope they bounce back.

By far the best round of the year for me so far:-), the talent and commitment shown today was amazing, especially damien mulvey and james deane, fuck i never seen wall rubbing like it, well deserved win for james too, gutted to see what happened mulvey and adrian walsh who was on it all weekend but im sure adrian will have it spotless again in mondello. Seriously near had a horn listening the noise of Brendan Stones RB26 when it was on boost coming to the first corner LOL!!!

Sean180sx
19-08-12, 22:33
Sounded like a good day would love to see a few videos

Big P
19-08-12, 22:36
By far the best round of the year for me so far:-), the talent and commitment shown today was amazing, especially damien mulvey and james deane, fuck i never seen wall rubbing like it, well deserved win for james too, gutted to see what happened mulvey and adrian walsh who was on it all weekend but im sure adrian will have it spotless again in mondello. Seriously near had a horn listening the noise of Brendan Stones RB26 when it was on boost coming to the first corner LOL!!!

Think the mg cars run rb25's but I agree what ever the setup serious power and savage noise!!

B&G Extreme Drifting
19-08-12, 22:45
Welcome back the Oval :)
some job, serious track & driving!
Delighted for Brendan he was having bad luck after Ennis. he has proved what he is capable of when the car doesnt give jip! she ran smooth today!

podgedun
19-08-12, 22:47
Think the mg cars run rb25's but I agree what ever the setup serious power and savage noise!!

Brendans is Rb26.. oother one is 25

dec106
19-08-12, 23:05
yup , brendans is rb26 , how bad is adrian walsh's twincam , only heard he hit the wall ,

Chuck_g
19-08-12, 23:44
Ye do know it was a two day event!! The semi pro's/ama boys killed it too!

Me on the other hand felt as comfortable as larry murphy in a line up.....a lucky qualifier and a lucky top 32 over seamy walsh.......but yes, the pro's were awesome to watch......the bandit, what a nutbag and brendan "angry" stone, what a driver......james was awesome but there was nothing in it!! I feel sorry for Adrian "cowboy" walsh, such a lovely car, killed slightly!! Gem, nicky hallahan, mr o connell and m3 barnett, all hero's.....was not an easy track and they dominated.......Roll on rd 5 and the IDC next year....

PS, big shout to Niall Mac & the mccarthy & bros for sorting my falling out suspension problems....

PPs im still fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked!!

mattybyrne2008
20-08-12, 00:12
Best prodrift weekend ever except for Adrian's accident in top 16..fingers crossed it'll be back out for jap fest..

Favourite driver all weekend had to be gem holy fuck the runs he put in Saturday evening was unbelievable..

can't wait see some proper videos and pictures of Saturday evening place looked amazing when the sky was red with sun going down and all the flood lights lighting up the track..

Mcaleers dungannon what a spot but that half 1 closing time is some loada shite

chopaholic
20-08-12, 00:44
Fantastic weekend, weather was great, driving was unreal and the track was first class! Seemed to be a big hit with everyone.

Richard Bradley's wall runs on Saturday were on another level, as was James Deanes Sunday driving, Ciaran Sinnott vs Bradley battles were the best of the weekend for me.

Here is a silly iPhone photo to show the track on Saturday night!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/chopi04/FB998161-96D0-4C05-8A20-107E1ECA6F30-1270-000001324681BE60.jpg

Roll on Mondello!

Bradley_Motorworks
20-08-12, 08:53
Brilliant brilliant w. end... So nice I dint have to drive for 4 hours to get to it...lol
I loved the Saturday car was driving brilliant till I kissed the wall against Synnot and bent something in my front suspension. Car just didnt drive rite at all on Sunday... Still happy with my 4th on sat and 12th Qualifyer on Sunday... :D

chrisb
20-08-12, 09:20
just awesome!!!!

have a bit of fixing to do but sure....go hard or go home!

sat night was unreal, full commitment by everyone and under darkness just made it for me.

i would say thats the best event ive ever been to.

roll on mondello....

and IDC next year....although can i suggest different class names, imo there is no such thing as an ama driver in prodrift!!!

damo86
20-08-12, 10:04
whats IDC about?

Mabbit
20-08-12, 10:08
IDC (Irish drift championship) it's just changing its name from prodrift, everything is staying the same do.

damo86
20-08-12, 10:09
oh didnt know it was changing,,,, dodge the taxman time :)

Hakosuka
20-08-12, 10:59
Such a shitty long drive coming from the south, but it was worth going up.

Saturday was unbelievable! The lads gave it their best, great to watch! Drifting under the lights, so cool, it would be great if we got one full night time round, although with noise restrictions and stuff I guess it wouldn't really be do-able here. Sunday was great, the driving was fantastic as usual but it's never good to see lads hit the wall, shame really, but that's how it goes! Congrats to James Deane, well deserved win.

Roll on Mondello, hard to believe there's only one round left this year!!

duane-drift
20-08-12, 11:59
hadnt the best of weekends saturday night practice clipped the curb bent the wisebone then sunday out for practice to notice the bottom balljoint on the hub breaks and when i pull up to the line im 1 car late for qualifying but other than that some level of driving from the semi-pros and James Deane on it all day

DeaneMsport_180sx
20-08-12, 12:09
what a weekend to be fair!! best event in a long time!! track was nothing short of EPIC!! absolutly love rubbing walls ha

saturday went really good and had some really good battles... the standard of driving in semi-pro these days is unreal!!

couldnt believe how well i did on sunday finishing 7th in superlap and getting to the to 8 to be beat by james... that was always going to be a serious uphill battle though haha...serious experience though!!

still on a high from the weekend...roll on mondello!!!! :D

BoBo
20-08-12, 13:02
Was there on the Sunday. Loved the track, amazing drifting, good atmosphere. Thought the judges made some crappy calls but all in all way a savage round and cannot wait for Mondello!

Chuck_g
20-08-12, 13:15
oh didnt know it was changing,,,, dodge the taxman time :)Its actually going to be a new series allyogether. run by kieran hynes and crew. Graham is leaving the country...lucky fucker!!

also talks of 7 rounds instead of 5.

tweek
20-08-12, 13:37
Its actually going to be a new series allyogether. run by kieran hynes and crew. Graham is leaving the country...lucky fucker!!

Yep dodge the tax man lol

Derk
20-08-12, 13:58
Its actually going to be a new series allyogether. run by kieran hynes and crew. Graham is leaving the country...lucky fucker!!

And another new venue next year...

Dylan
20-08-12, 14:40
Absolute pig of a weekend, the Saturday was awesome, the level of semi/ama driving in this country is insane, the weather was fantastic, grip levels were high and speed was up! Some fantastic wall running by all the drivers! Definitely the single best weekend of drifting I've ever witnessed! Gonna be some final round @ Mondello with the top of the tables being so tight! Aside from the drifting, partying with Team Manfoot was pretty awesome, can't say the same for the morning after, that was rough! Roll on Japfest and IDC!

damo86
20-08-12, 14:43

was this all announced at the weekend?

chrisbrady325
20-08-12, 17:36
Excellent weekend, fair play to Prodrift team and judges For An Epic track layout!! Dan, Peden And Kieran for top quality judging all weekend which by all mean had to be so difficult due to the standard of driving!!

First Off Saturdays Action was mental!!! Driver Of the Weekend for me was ""GEM Synott" he was absolutely edge of your seat shit to watch!! Big up to you !! Quality !!!

Chris Burnett Was On it and I'm Over the moon to see him progress to sunday which unfortunately he had a little wall tap that didnt help him progress to top 16 but all the same he ripped it up saturday night!! Fairplay chris!

Newcomer Daryl Barnett In The Standard M3 Evo.. well what more can i say this young lad was on a mission and boy did he prove it.. his aggression and wall taping was "Mighty" as he'd say to finish top 6 and qualify 14th on sunday was a huge step for his first time competing to Prodrift Rules, Roll on mondello for this lad i wish him all the best!!

Adrian Walsh well he's in a class of his own in the semi pro himself and that car work so well together, unfortunate sunday with the wall.. my heart goes out to ya lad, hope you have it ready for mondello, its a joy to watch you!

Unfortunate For Rob Barnett Who didnt make the qualifying sunday due to a broken half shaft.. myself and rob were under pressure trying to replace it in the space of 20 mins.. which included a 14 mile drive to his house for a new shaft.. I'm glad the police didn't meet me on them back roads lol.. we got it in but we were about 4 mins to late for qualifying, he will be back for mondello and going nuts in this yoke no doubt! Also Duane Worked hard on his car both saturday night and sunday morning before qualifying and he missed out on his place.. these two men would have been unreal to watch round that oval, its disapointing on their behalf they didnt make it after all the work put in!..

Pro's Sunday Well Done to james the lad was nothing short of amazing to watch and hes again in a league of his own when it comes to running the walls!! Brendan Stone deserved to be in the final also and he driving to perfection all weekend.. well done lads.. Damien Mulvey had no fear in that s15 and i have no doubt if not for his misfortune he would surely have been a hot contender for the finals! Everyone on Sunday was really pushing hard and the level of drifting is unbelievable in this country !! cannot wait to get back behind the wheel myself to get battling with these lads again!

Roll On Mondello And Roll on The New IDC In 2013

Best Of Luck to Graham And PD In Their Final Year.. He's Made one of the very best drift competitions in Ireland and Europe over the years so huge credit to him and co.. Sound People And Great Work!!

dR Dan
20-08-12, 23:13
Its been so long i forgot how cool ovals were.

Too many good drivers but absolutely delighted for Alan Linehan... He actually damaged the car :O

Al whoever your dealer up north is can i have his details cas they were serious yokes you got ;)

gem-s13
20-08-12, 23:47
what a weekend ware to start!! track was cool on the first it looked small but when on track it felt bigger, took a few laps to get fully into the flow of it but loved it after that althow the new car now looks as rough as my old ps!! wall rubbing FTW!!! lol

i cant remeber what happend in qualifying but it went well, battles were good to had some close runs in them with James Spillane, Brian Egan, Nicky Hallihan and Richard Bradly, and the final with Adrian Walsh

realy was an epic wkend was delighted to get ware i did with all of the above lads driveing so well all wkend as well

i hit the car prety hard in the last run again adrian some early morning repairs had it back right again for sunday in the pros but a strage line from gavin lenihan kinda left me with the choice of either transition off the wall and hit him or try slow up, i ended up in the wall!!! broke a tension rod and front wishbone and bent the rear wishbone with the help of my bro and mates wally and alvin we got the front end back together in time for qualifying was delighted to hear my name being called out in the pro top 16!! i went out against kevin o connel, had an ok first run but then had to call a 5min because of an airflow meter problem, got it sorted for the next run but my head was all over the place and he got through, i was delighted to have gotten as far as i did so was happy with the wkend!!

thanks to everyone for a great wkend!

B.Egan
21-08-12, 00:28
Overall the weekend was amazing, and some of the best driving I've ever seen in Ireland. The standard just keeps on going up and up it seems. Never seen wall running like James and Mulvey in qualifying.....epic!

Personally I was equally really delighted and really disappointed with myself. Straight away in practice I drove pretty good, and after 4 laps was happy to just sit back and wait for qualifying, as I felt if I drove anymore I was just gonna crash lol! Then I did probably my best run ever, scored a 91 and couldn't believe it!

Sadly Shane Macken couldn't battle in the top 32 so I got a free pass, and was up against the great man Gem above. Was really looking forward to it, as he's such a balls out driver, and was nailing walls, so it had the potential to be an epic all out battle! But then I went and ruined it by going into 5th instead of 3rd on the run in! :( Second run I just tried to get as close as possible to try and be entertaining if nothing else, but it was game over after the first corner of the first run really. I was seriously pissed off with myself, as I genuinely felt I had a chance this weekend to give it a lot more of a go than that at least. I keep making a lot of stupid mistakes lately, so need to try and cut that out for next year! :mad:

I only did 8 laps at the weekend, yet they were some of the hairiest and most rewarding I've ever done! Seriously brown trouser creator of a track! I'd never been a man to run a wall up to the last couple of events, so I'm delighted to have started to get a feel for where the back of the car is if nothing else. And I was actually relieved to just have the car in one piece coming home. Can't wait for Japfest now!

Gutted for Adrian though, although its actually not too bad. That's a seriously depressing hat trick of 86 crashs now in the last while :(

bmc
21-08-12, 09:02
i have been to drifting all round ireland and england and i have to say the drifting on friday night was as good as i have ever seen.

E30chick
21-08-12, 11:39
My first ever Prodrift event and I really enjoyed it, the cars looked super on the Saturday night under the lights :cool:

Will get some pics up soon :)

jonosilvia
21-08-12, 12:18
What a weekend, best PD event ever. That track is awsome to drive

japman2202
21-08-12, 12:29
Gutted for Adrian though, although its actually not too bad. That's a seriously depressing hat trick of 86 crashs now in the last while :(

God's way of saying 86's shouldn't be sr'd :confused:

Chuck_g
21-08-12, 13:15
God's way of saying 86's shouldn't be sr'd :confused:

Likes!! :wink:

nicknack
21-08-12, 13:19
i have been to drifting all round ireland and england and i have to say the drifting on friday night was as good as i have ever seen.

Yeah? Where was that??!!

Foley
21-08-12, 20:59
Yeah? Where was that??!!

I assume he meant Saturday night. What a track though, excellent weekend

jordy
25-08-12, 19:46
Brilliant day's craic, the standard of driving was great. Really shows how well prodrift is organised compared to drift allstars which i went to a few weeks prior. Cant wait for mondello, was amazeballs last year!