PDA

View Full Version : Round 4 - The drivers that are being let down??

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-08-12, 16:45
Well due to the late announcment of only 32 drivers being brought on the saturday my rough estimation of around 50 drivers have been let down. we all payed €150 for licence for 5rounds now we are only getting 4 so whats your proposal for the drivers that have been left disappointed

Look forward to your reply

Thanking you kindly

bluecam
13-08-12, 18:56
wtf,what announcement,

Seamie tc
13-08-12, 19:05
Try to pay there now and can get it to work, is it to late to pay.

jonosilvia
13-08-12, 19:20
Only fair way to do it is hold a 6th round

B&G Extreme Drifting
13-08-12, 19:52
wtf,what announcement,
Last wed it was put on facebook i would of been none the wiser myself only for a chap told me. Reason being because of 'Time Schedule' they cant run all the cars. only little over a weeks notice, people that are not on FB wouldnt even have a clue. lads breaking their nuts preparing cars!! arranging accomadaton!! tyres, parts etc...for what??

bluecam
13-08-12, 20:21
Last wed it was put on facebook i would of been none the wiser myself only for a chap told me. Reason being because of 'Time Schedule' they cant run all the cars. only little over a weeks notice, people that are not on FB wouldnt even have a clue. lads breaking their nuts preparing cars!! arranging accomadaton!! tyres, parts etc...for what??

sound for that,

aka pete
13-08-12, 20:49
What's the craic then?
1st 32 in AMA and semi pro to pay or what?
I paid online last nite so how do ya know if ur in??

bart
13-08-12, 22:12
What's the craic then?

You'll prob get an answer fri evening.
It's really shit that pd can do this.
If it wasn't for the AMA and semi pro drivers pd wouldn't exist.
Fair enough there's track limited. But one week before the event they announce this on a social network that's private for drivers only and not all drivers are on this.
So what happens to the other drivers that's not on facebook?
Think it's a joke and fair play to you Niall for starting this thread.

MissSuz
13-08-12, 22:21
What's the craic then?

You will have to keep an eye on the pd website..Round 4 info and the bottom of the page where the drivers list is. If your name is added there then your in afaik. I'm keeping an eye on it and it ain't been updated since Friday.. 19 drivers up already.

pinny
14-08-12, 08:01
Slowly but surely Prodrift are digging their own grave !!

Chuck_g
14-08-12, 09:35
Slowly but surely Prodrift are digging their own grave !!

Not a hope! No matter what happens, drivers will still be back in the hundreds.....its Irelands only Professional Series and even with some of the shite, it still remains the most popular.

pinny
14-08-12, 10:07
Not a hope! No matter what happens, drivers will still be back in the hundreds.....its Irelands only Professional Series and even with some of the shite, it still remains the most popular.

Is this why they keep treating participants badly, cos it doesnt matter theyl be back anyway ?!
I just think its a bad attitude considering some have been there from near the start.

Now ive not been lucky enough to compete yet myself but from what ive ever read from the drivers point of view on here be it late announcement of regulations weeks before first event or just leaving drivers out like this it doesnt strike me as a "professional" series. The feedback never seems listened to ?

Dont take me up wrong im not after an argument but surely prodrift could look after their drivers much better when it comes to this kind of stuff and keeping drivers fully informed and up to date, a group text even to all licensed drivers would allow for no confusion.

markII-90
14-08-12, 10:07

X2 chuckster

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 12:28
chuck, your car is hardly num 70 is it, yes - no?

MissSuz
14-08-12, 12:33

Yes :)

Chuck_g
14-08-12, 12:39

Ehhhhhh.........if i say yes will you hate me?? ;)

DaveZigen
14-08-12, 15:02
This obviously down to Tullyroan deciding to run track time restrictions, nothing to do with Prodrift. Sure why all of a sudden would this be the case! A lot of people forget that the location dictates the rules, remember last year Mondello pulling the plug on semi-pro finals and they don't allow music etc. It's the way the country is not Prodrift. You do the best with what you have I guess.

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 15:25
Ehhhhhh.........if i say yes will you hate me?? ;)
Not a chance!! nothing but the height of respect for all top drivers including yourself :)
im a honest enough chap & wud rather honest ans, wud you say the same if that no. 70 wasnt on the list after u breaking your stones to try get there, if you say it wouldnt bother you in the slightest im not believing it sorry dude
@ dave, yea remember it, what happened next day, them lads were ran in the morning!! they got what they payed for!!!!!!!dont tink your getting the point! 150 was paid for 5 rounds!!only getting 4, how do you solve that? ur either on the list aswell or your not drifting in pd this year

DaveZigen
14-08-12, 15:30
What I meant was an example of working around the location/owners.

My point is everybody goes on about track time at Superdrift/Driftfest etc. but they limit cars, Prodrift haven't as of yet but if there are time restrictions put in by the location what can you do? BDC limit cars and preferance is given to those who have already competed and championship contenders. It's the way it is and I know the 150 was paid for logging but it's not the choice of Prodrift to have it this way (not that I speak for them) so it's unfortunate. It also comes down to Tullyroan not being able to queue cars as normal. But I see your point dude

Dunnedriftin
14-08-12, 15:40
I must of missed all of this because im not a driver / friends on that page...

But to me it would be understandable why they had to restrict cars to a certain event if there was un-sufficant space or what ever... But letting lads know 1 week before hand is not on!!!

There lads out there breaking ther bo!!ox getting cars fixed, mapped, prepared & ready for PD events & to find that out through a social networking site isnt the way forward..

Lets hope those drivers ''not allowed'' to attend get a appology for this & explaination...

MissSuz
14-08-12, 15:43
I think drivers are more annoyed/pissed off over the fact it was only communcated to them 2 weeks before the event that there was only 32 spaces available. If they were advised weeks in advance (Which , from what I can see could have easily been done) then it wouldnt be as bad.

We have 3 days to go and there is only 19 names on the pd site for ama/semi pro drivers and I know of a few people that have paid and are just waiting for confirmation to be told weather they are driving or not which is a bit unfair not to be told so close to the event.

From a spectators point of view Its still going to be awesome tho so Im happy :)

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 16:22
I think drivers are more annoyed/pissed off over the fact it was only communcated to them 2 weeks before the event that there was only 32 spaces available. If they were advised weeks in advance (Which , from what I can see could have easily been done) then it wouldnt be as bad.

We have 3 days to go and there is only 19 names on the pd site for ama/semi pro drivers and I know of a few people that have paid and are just waiting for confirmation to be told weather they are driving or not which is a bit unfair not to be told so close to the event.

From a spectators point of view Its still going to be awesome tho so Im happy :)
2 weeks? dont be giving them that much credit,8-9 days to be exact! happy people can see were im coming from...19 spaces filled is right, they know right well who the other 13 are, jus put it up pd so we can cancel hotels etc.
prob ruined my own chances, thats even if i ever had one!! but fu** it like roy keane when u feel something is wrong, have to believe in it & stand by it! :)

Boguey001
14-08-12, 17:09

Would have been more awesome if all the drivers had of been allowed to do it plus, as spectators we still have to pay the same price in only to see half the amount of drivers(Im just stating that fact not complaining about the price incase anyone tries that dig at me) and im sure alot of the local lads were hoping to compete(udc competitors that cant afford to travel to compete at other rounds) and it would have been a great chance for them to go up against the best drivers in Ireland but now they dont have that chance, so if a driver cant compete then Im pretty sure their friends/family/supporters wont be bothered to turn up especially if they have to travel long distances etc, so its guna hit what is already poor attendances at pd, just dont see it as a good move for anyone all round is my point.

B.Egan
14-08-12, 17:24
Would have been more awesome if all the drivers had of been allowed to do it plus, as spectators we still have to pay the same price in only to see half the amount of drivers(Im just stating that fact not complaining about the price incase anyone tries that dig at me) and im sure alot of the local lads were hoping to compete(udc competitors that cant afford to travel to compete at other rounds) and it would have been a great chance for them to go up against the best drivers in Ireland but now they dont have that chance, so if a driver cant compete then Im pretty sure their friends/family/supporters wont be bothered to turn up especially if they have to travel long distances etc, so its guna hit what is already poor attendances at pd, just dont see it as a good move for anyone all round is my point.

You have to realise that this isn't just a random choice by Prodrift. Its out of their control. The track is only allowed open for 6 hours a day. This wouldn't be decided by the owners of the track either by the way, it would be the permit they got (probably due to noise restrictions, environment etc.). So either Prodrift cancelled the event, tried to run it somewhere else, or limited numbers so that running it in that time frame was possible. They've gone for the latter. Now people can say that it is wrong or right, that they should have informed people earlier etc (I don't know when they would have found out this info), but other than that there is no alternative other than cancel the event? I fully understand how it will mess people and plans up, and that it sucks for alot of people, but at this stage what is the alternative?

dR Dan
14-08-12, 17:27

So youd prefer if there was 70 + drivers. Everyone gets 1 practice lap. 38 dont qualify and in the after thread Sunday evening we'r listening to everyone give out about paying whatever for 1 lap?

Its not ideal for everyone and im sure drivers who dont get in will be talked to but i dont see any other way of doing it

Robbie Daly Ps13
14-08-12, 17:29
So youd prefer if there was 70 + drivers. Everyone gets 1 practice lap. 38 dont qualify and in the after thread Sunday evening we'r listening to everyone give out about paying whatever for 1 lap?

Its not ideal for everyone and im sure drivers who dont get in will be talked to but i dont see any other way of doing it

Sure 1 lap is normally all ya get neway..... :P

dR Dan
14-08-12, 17:41
Sure 1 lap is normally all ya get neway..... :P

Naw nawwww its totally different from up here il bring ya up some day and show ya :)

tweek
14-08-12, 17:44
Its the lack of communication is the main problem i see here and also that people have paid and they still have to wait to see if they are one of the chosen ones to be aloud to compete

Boguey001
14-08-12, 18:13
You have to realise that this isn't just a random choice by Prodrift. Its out of their control. The track is only allowed open for 6 hours a day. This wouldn't be decided by the owners of the track either by the way, it would be the permit they got (probably due to noise restrictions, environment etc.). So either Prodrift cancelled the event, tried to run it somewhere else, or limited numbers so that running it in that time frame was possible. They've gone for the latter. Now people can say that it is wrong or right, that they should have informed people earlier etc (I don't know when they would have found out this info), but other than that there is no alternative other than cancel the event? I fully understand how it will mess people and plans up, and that it sucks for alot of people, but at this stage what is the alternative?
Fair point brian and dont get me wrong i was one of the people crying for a round in the northern half of the country when pd had there thread up looking for a new venue but id rather see a full round elsewhere than half a round on my back door and i think that they should have canceled and held another round elsewhere instead pushing half the drivers out in the cold with a weeks notice.

It would still be a hell of alot fairer on the drivers that aint going, missing a round can make or break a season, just look at james deane, he's playing catch up in the championship since missing round 1. Why not drop the entry fee for this round due to lack of track time and give everyone a go or do like the udc done and have a qualifing round to pick the drivers going, at least then everyone would have a fair chance.

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 21:19
I got 2 laps in the last round :)

ah no but now we might be getting places. the lads that are on the list seem to be happy to bang away without the lads that are not...well maybe cancel it and find somewere that will take all drivers. pdDan has good idea either! or if ya s jus wanna bang away on a 'sure im in, feic them policy' pay the 50 ish drivers that payed for 5 rounds, for the round their missing
5 rounds = €150
1 round = €30
always few alternatives really

dR Dan
14-08-12, 21:32
It would still be a hell of alot fairer on the drivers that aint going, missing a round can make or break a season, just look at james deane, he's playing catch up in the championship since missing round 1. Why not drop the entry fee for this round due to lack of track time and give everyone a go or do like the udc done and have a qualifing round to pick the drivers going, at least then everyone would have a fair chance.[/QUOTE]

I think their trying to compromise as best they can. Missing rounds isn ideal but with it being late in the series there are a certain amount of people in with a genuine chance for the championships and their all in id assume so thats not too bad.

And im pretty sure Pd dont actually own any of the tracks so they cant just decide we'l have another event etc. that shit takes lots of planning.

And with the limited time the track is allowed run for limiting numbers is surely the best option. Cutting fees leaving drivers travel all that way for maybe 3 runs is stupid and at least their trying not to waste people time.

bart
14-08-12, 21:34
its a fucking joke now at this stage..

to the lads that are in it. would ye honestly be happy to just be sitting there at ur computer 3 days before an event not knowing if ye allowed in or not??(doubt it)

ive paid my entry fee and been honest all this shite thats gone on has just pissed me off and now im not gonna bother doing it..
ive tried to contact graham and pass my entry onto my mate. (that is in championship points) and graham still wont reply...
this is the reason why everyone is so thick...
im sure he already has the name..
so why not just put them up..????
its like the rules at start of year and then tracks and dates..
always a fight for them....... :mad::mad::mad:

gem-s13
14-08-12, 21:35
lads i think most of you are not looking at the big picture here,

the first drifting that was ever held in the new tullyroan track was on the 29th of july and on the 8th of aug, dureing that time im sure the owners of the track had to think about the way the event went and so on then realised that there is prob going to be alot more cars there for the prodrift round and the noise and so on,,,,,,,,

and also when you think about it yes you pay 150euro for logging and licence for the year yes but you also pay 100euro entry fee per round so there is a limit of 32 cars at this event not the normal 70+ so there strait away is around 4000euro loss on the hands of pd so thinking that they are trying to do you out of money on your licence fee is a bit stupid really

and in the uk if you do the bdc you also have to pay your entry fee and are not allowed do the round in silverstone unless you qualify to do so

dR Dan
14-08-12, 21:40
its a fucking joke now at this stage..

to the lads that are in it. would ye honestly be happy to just be sitting there at ur computer 3 days before an event not knowing if ye allowed in or not??(doubt it)

ive paid my entry fee and been honest all this shite thats gone on has just pissed me off and now im not gonna bother doing it..
ive tried to contact graham and pass my entry onto my mate. (that is in championship points) and graham still wont reply...
this is the reason why everyone is so thick...
im sure he already has the name..
so why not just put them up..????
its like the rules at start of year and then tracks and dates..
always a fight for them....... :mad::mad::mad:

I would imagine this has come up in the last few days with the track owners and we had a funeral of a family member to start our week so the office hasnt been open. Probably hasnt helped the situation.

bart
14-08-12, 21:46
I would imagine this has come up in the last few days with the track owners and we had a funeral of a family member to start our week so the office hasnt been open. Probably hasnt helped the situation.

ok fair enough lad..
but just look at it from the drivers point..
also putting it up on FB...
there's a lot of the drivers not even on FB.
so what happens them???
would of took an hour to send all drivers a text..
let them know exactly what was going on.
then we wouldnt be having this and be all looking forward to the weekend..

anyway kieran just said that as far as he knows the name will be up tonight.
so lets hope it is..
and roll on a good weekend:cool:

dR Dan
14-08-12, 21:48
ok fair enough lad..
but just look at it from the drivers point..
also putting it up on FB...
there's a lot of the drivers not even on FB.
so what happens them???
would of took an hour to send all drivers a text..
let them know exactly what was going on.
then we wouldnt be having this and be all looking forward to the weekend..

anyway kieran just said that as far as he knows the name will be up tonight.
so lets hope it is..
and roll on a good weekend:cool:

I agree lad just tryin to shed some light on the situation.

B.Egan
14-08-12, 21:52
I got 2 laps in the last round :)

ah no but now we might be getting places. the lads that are on the list seem to be happy to bang away without the lads that are not...well maybe cancel it and find somewere that will take all drivers. pdDan has good idea either! or if ya s jus wanna bang away on a 'sure im in, feic them policy' pay the 50 ish drivers that payed for 5 rounds, for the round their missing
5 rounds = €150
1 round = €30
always few alternatives really

I don't think this is fair to say really. Firstly everyone was free to enter as soon as the listing went up quite awhile ago. It didn't just open 9 days ago. I had actually entered before the announcement was made anyway. This would have guaranteed your place I imagine, but fair enough I know most people and I do aswell alot of the time leave it till the last minute. Still it has been said countless times by Sarah etc before that a certain event may be capped, get your entries in ASAP and so on, it just turns out that this is the first one that actually will be capped.

Secondly its not right to try and make this a people who got in vs. people who didn't argument. Its completely out of our hands as to who gets in or who doesn't. Common sense would say that if you HAVE to cap the numbers then you can't eliminate people who have a chance of winning a class. Otherwise it would make a shambles of the championships. Everyone has the same chance of being further up the rankings as anyone else, so it is not biast.

Thirdly, the registration fee is not an entitlement to enter 5 rounds I don't think. Its payment for scrutineering, visor, doorcards, name/number stickers, Prodrift I.D, admin and whatever else. The stuff that you need to have to be allowed enter a round. Grey area though and I see your point.

And finally I highly doubt there are 50 drivers who are going to miss out. A lot of people had planned on not doing the round anyway. I would imagine maybe 20 people might miss out at most?

I'm not saying everything is all rosy and peachy and hard luck, but it also isn't as black and white or as simple as you make out.

Simple facts are that the event won't be cancelled. Every Pro can enter so there is no problem there, which is effectively the most important thing to prodrift. So the event is going ahead. Do you suggest that the rest of us who have entered boycott the event? Bear in mind there will not be another round added where just semi-pro and ama drivers compete, so do we just make it a 4 round championship? But then consider that I imagine all the drivers who will not get to enter will not realistically points wise be able to win a championship this year anyway, so what does that actually gain?

It is shitty, and I would much prefer a full grid, as its more craic, plus there's alot more unpredictably to it. But bar running it as a 3 day event (which it is too late to do now I'm sure) the situation is not gonna change no matter how much people give out. People should know that by now....

If it does I am happy to go into qualifying without any practice and run 82 cars for only 1 lap, or cancel the event and hold another one in mondello next weekend or whatever, but realistically its just not gonna happen dude and its not really fair to take it out on us either....

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 21:56
lads i think most of you are not looking at the big picture here,

the first drifting that was ever held in the new tullyroan track was on the 29th of july and on the 8th of aug, dureing that time im sure the owners of the track had to think about the way the event went and so on then realised that there is prob going to be alot more cars there for the prodrift round and the noise and so on,,,,,,,,

and also when you think about it yes you pay 150euro for logging and licence for the year yes but you also pay 100euro entry fee per round so there is a limit of 32 cars at this event not the normal 70+ so there strait away is around 4000euro loss on the hands of pd so thinking that they are trying to do you out of money on your licence fee is a bit stupid really

and in the uk if you do the bdc you also have to pay your entry fee and are not allowed do the round in silverstone unless you qualify to do so
no disrespect to you gem, a sound helpful bloke! but if you 'were not' on the list would you be ok & happy about it?

B.Egan
14-08-12, 21:57
Sorry for the long post, and that last bit is fully genuine by the way. If another person wants to enter, and it means we split our practice laps and we only get 1 qualifying lap each or something then I'm fine with that.

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 22:11
I don't think this is fair to say really. Firstly everyone was free to enter as soon as the listing went up quite awhile ago. It didn't just open 9 days ago. I had actually entered before the announcement was made anyway. This would have guaranteed your place I imagine, but fair enough I know most people and I do aswell alot of the time leave it till the last minute. Still it has been said countless times by Sarah etc before that a certain event may be capped, get your entries in ASAP and so on, it just turns out that this is the first one that actually will be capped.

Secondly its not right to try and make this a people who got in vs. people who didn't argument. Its completely out of our hands as to who gets in or who doesn't. Common sense would say that if you HAVE to cap the numbers then you can't eliminate people who have a chance of winning a class. Otherwise it would make a shambles of the championships. Everyone has the same chance of being further up the rankings as anyone else, so it is not biast.

Thirdly, the registration fee is not an entitlement to enter 5 rounds I don't think. Its payment for scrutineering, visor, doorcards, name/number stickers, Prodrift I.D, admin and whatever else. The stuff that you need to have to be allowed enter a round. Grey area though and I see your point.

And finally I highly doubt there are 50 drivers who are going to miss out. A lot of people had planned on not doing the round anyway. I would imagine maybe 20 people might miss out at most?

I'm not saying everything is all rosy and peachy and hard luck, but it also isn't as black and white or as simple as you make out.

Simple facts are that the event won't be cancelled. Every Pro can enter so there is no problem there, which is effectively the most important thing to prodrift. So the event is going ahead. Do you suggest that the rest of us who have entered boycott the event? Bear in mind there will not be another round added where just semi-pro and ama drivers compete, so do we just make it a 4 round championship? But then consider that I imagine all the drivers who will not get to enter will not realistically points wise be able to win a championship this year anyway, so what does that actually gain?

It is shitty, and I would much prefer a full grid, as its more craic, plus there's alot more unpredictably to it. But bar running it as a 3 day event (which it is too late to do now I'm sure) the situation is not gonna change no matter how much people give out. People should know that by now....

If it does I am happy to go into qualifying without any practice and run 82 cars for only 1 lap, or cancel the event and hold another one in mondello next weekend or whatever, but realistically its just not gonna happen dude and its not really fair to take it out on us either....
bro ur as good as a pro :) i look up to you too lad king of the cams
im not taking it out on any driver obviously! all sound lads!
my point is simple, bad organisation, no co-ordination!
Fact = ALL DRIVERS SHOULD BE TREATED SAME
last thing Brianer, no way we wanna ruin anyones chance of winning, if thats the case run it!!

gem-s13
14-08-12, 22:21
no disrespect to you gem, a sound helpful bloke! but if you 'were not' on the list would you be ok & happy about it?

to be totaly honest lad i wouldnt realy mind the year that is in it i missed the first round so am no ware in the championship anyway, and im totaly stone broke at the moment so could do with a break, but if i dont do this round it means it will put the full wkends travel expences and so on on my brother who is actualy doing ok in the championship so i am going. thats all i realy have to say about it,

i might not of seen it anyware but have you actualy paid your entry and waiting to hear or are you just waiting?

Doofer
14-08-12, 22:34
I payed my entry early last week in the hope of getting a spot but engine trouble since that has meant I can't do it either way... But if I was still able to drive I'd be fairly pissed with this situation.. I understand there was a bereavement in the family and I'm very sorry to hear about the loss...
But it's late on tuesday night now.. And still no final list of who's in and who's out.. Surely when this round was confirmed with the people at tullyroan all those months ago that there would have been some indication that the track wouldnt be able to run 70+ cars in a day with time constraints... PD know roughly the numbers they get for each round.. Surely this would have been apparent to someone at the time if it was going to be a problem.. If that was the case then a simple statement on the PD website at the start of the year would have prevented all this shit... Due to possible time limits that may be enforced for round 4.. The championship leaders will get first preference in such event.. I think that's fair.. Not 9 days before it when lads are set to go as normal with hotels and time off work already booked... If they only found out themselves 9 days ago.. Why couldn't they explain the reason properly to the drivers as to why it's such short notice.. And then say the final list will be announced on whatever date... And stick to that date.. So that drivers will not be left completely in the dark as to what's goin on.. It's not too much to ask.. They said championship leaders and then first come first served.. Well I payed last week and im still nowhere near the list on the site... None of it makes sense.. That's my opinion of it..

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 22:47
to be totaly honest lad i wouldnt realy mind the year that is in it i missed the first round so am no ware in the championship anyway, and im totaly stone broke at the moment so could do with a break, but if i dont do this round it means it will put the full wkends travel expences and so on on my brother who is actualy doing ok in the championship so i am going. thats all i realy have to say about it,

i might not of seen it anyware but have you actualy paid your entry and waiting to hear or are you just waiting?
yea paid last wed bro, wee while now.. looking at pd website alot since...best of luck to Marko, your jus unlucky lad ur normally doin well!!

ps do u wanna trade ur place with me, mad to try get feel for car :-)

B.Egan
14-08-12, 22:49
bro ur as good as a pro :) i look up to you too lad king of the cams
im not taking it out on any driver obviously! all sound lads!
my point is simple, bad organisation, no co-ordination!
Fact = ALL DRIVERS SHOULD BE TREATED SAME
last thing Brianer, no way we wanna ruin anyones chance of winning, if thats the case run it!!

Oh don't get me wrong dude I fully understand how you feel, as I imagine everyone else does, as it is a seriously shitty thing to have to wait and see if you get in (I had to do it for RD1 of the BDC this year as their numbers are capped in each class).

Dan's post is pretty much spot on in my opinion. Yes they could or maybe should have told people earlier. But it would have resulted in basically the same thing. They'd have to wait to see who was entered, and then allow the guys highest in the championship. Maybe based on a loyalty basis after that or something? But you can't have Adrian Walsh or Carbo miss out on the chance of a championship just because they didn't send the money or hear about it within the first hour. So a first come first served basis I think would nearly have been more unfair, as it would have just been a mad rush.

Leaving it so late to find out is a balls for accommodation, transport plans etc though, but it all depends on when they found out about the curfew which I doubt as mentioned was too long ago. Also I imagine it has been left so late, so that the guys who aren't on facebook and are high in the championship enter as normal (as the deadline would be wednesday anyway) and get in, none the wiser effectively. Simply put, whatever option they took it was gonna cause hassle and annoyance.

To be honest, I know it sounds stupid.....but for some it may also be a blessing in disguise! This track could cause some of the largest amounts of carnage we've seen, and out of the 32 who go, how many of us will actually make Japfest.....or even the battles? :eek:

It seems like I'm trying to stick up for PD here, and yes its easy to say when you are already entered, but I'm just trying to see the other side of the story too. Its shitty, I hope ye all get in, and I hope its an awesome event, but some people are going to miss out. It seems there is no way of avoiding that, regardless of whether or not it should have been handled better. So hopefully those people find out ASAP and they can alter their plans without too much hassle or disappointment. And I suppose look at other options for next year?

Doofer
14-08-12, 23:06
If people knew a few months ago that this was goin to happen then people like me down at the bottom of the table wouldnt have bothered putting in an entry because they already knew the score and they'd have no excuse to give out... There's no excuse to leave it so late to inform drivers if there in or out... And like I already said.. If they only found out themselves last week then they could have explained themselves better so that people would understand.. I think it's completely fair that the top drivers in the championship get first preference.. I don't have a problem with that.. It's the lack of communication thats the problem... We all put insane hours and money into our cars mainly just to compete in this championship and to recieve that treatment back isn't right.. The drivers made the PD series what it is... It would probably take a half hour of someone's time to type a decent statement on the website and clear all of the confusion..

B&G Extreme Drifting
14-08-12, 23:07
its a stinker :) :) :)

best of luck in round 4 dude ur playin a stormer in that twinner, fair play :-)

B&G Extreme Drifting
15-08-12, 05:50
list updated!

31 -32 spaces filled!

bart
15-08-12, 06:43
list updated!

31 -32 spaces filled!

I still think they gonna have to run 40 cars lad..
There will be few casualtys and wil need 32 drivers

B&G Extreme Drifting
15-08-12, 09:12
I still think they gonna have to run 40 cars lad..
There will be few casualtys and wil need 32 drivers
name not on list dude, cancellin hotel not bothered built a car to drift, not to sit on the hill watching
dont wanna give money spectate either being quite honest about it

bart
15-08-12, 12:37
name not on list dude, cancellin hotel not bothered built a car to drift, not to sit on the hill watching
dont wanna give money spectate either being quite honest about it
looks like ur on magic list now lad

tweek
15-08-12, 12:53
^^^^lol best ring the hotel back

B&G Extreme Drifting
15-08-12, 18:00
looks like ur on magic list now lad
wowww, eyes near popped out of my head, wasnt expecting it
feel same for lads that wanted to participate in this :(

dR Dan
15-08-12, 19:39
Not gonna bother even watching... Great attitude. People should really leave the bitching till they no whats going on. Did you rebook the hotel????? <3

B&G Extreme Drifting
15-08-12, 21:51
Not gonna bother even watching... Great attitude. People should really leave the bitching till they no whats going on. Did you rebook the hotel????? <3
ah dont wanna sound like a bitch :)
none of the other lads i know competing & funds are low but when needs be il do whatever to get that car out :)
was super lucky jus before i went to cancel around 2pm i checked again & I was on list, still cant believe got on the list, lucky didnt panic to much n cancel everythin, doubt there wud of been no turnin back.see needed give 24hrs notice to hotel that was my biggest concern

Chuck_g
15-08-12, 22:38
In answer to your question;

Yes, if i had been told get bent id be very unhappy, but that is mainly because i have worked very hard to get to 8th place! If i was sitting in 20 place i would honestly be disheartened but okay. Im not trying to sound like a dickhead here by the way, im in no way cocky but i think the drivers that are fighting for high places deserve to be first served.

On the topic of Pd's communication skills, i agree 100% and its been talked about more times than my ex girlfriends. But as wee Daniel said, they had a death in the family etc, its not so easy to just get on with things when stuff like that happens.

Peace!!! Lets get fucked up!

B&G Extreme Drifting
15-08-12, 23:09
In answer to your question;

Yes, if i had been told get bent id be very unhappy, but that is mainly because i have worked very hard to get to 8th place! If i was sitting in 20 place i would honestly be disheartened but okay. Im not trying to sound like a dickhead here by the way, im in no way cocky but i think the drivers that are fighting for high places deserve to be first served.

On the topic of Pd's communication skills, i agree 100% and its been talked about more times than my ex girlfriends. But as wee Daniel said, they had a death in the family etc, its not so easy to just get on with things when stuff like that happens.

Peace!!! Lets get fucked up!
agree 110% with everything your saying and hope you have super finish in last 2 rounds :)

sorry to hear about the family member, may they rest in peace!!!!

as for gettin fucked up, we'r in!! we had a sick night bitches :) :) Chow

joey banana s14
16-08-12, 00:03
think how i feel lads i got a place, delighted as was really looking forward to this event ....then my car poos its pants on the dyno today fuck my bastard life..............going to party hardstyle the weekend

jonosilvia
16-08-12, 07:13
Double Post

jonosilvia
16-08-12, 07:13
think how i feel lads i got a place, delighted as was really looking forward to this event ....then my car poos its pants on the dyno today fuck my bastard life..............going to party hardstyle the weekend

What Happened to it

B&G Extreme Drifting
16-08-12, 09:24
now that hurts man not jus saying it!! i know wat ur feeling, empty! practicing few years ago day before memorial drift day for my best mate, bang car shat itself! still haunts me
hope ur bak on feet very soon, i try fly the just jap flag this wkend too 'try' !!
bad year so far, pure waste of a build :(

C'mon :)

joey banana s14
16-08-12, 19:04
now that hurts man not jus saying it!! i know wat ur feeling, empty! practicing few years ago day before memorial drift day for my best mate, bang car shat itself! still haunts me
hope ur bak on feet very soon, i try fly the just jap flag this wkend too 'try' !!
bad year so far, pure waste of a build :(

C'mon :)

no better man either ;) ahh ill drink my sorrows away wel make noise for ya brother repeat of fermoy:afro:

James Doyle
16-08-12, 22:36
The best solution I think would be if 30 drivers don't go everybody in prodrift doesn't go simple reason being is if the track can't accommodate yas all fuck them there loss they will be loosing out on the money which Id say they badly need in this day and age and as far as time restrictions go its Ireland what else would people be doing on a weekend other than in the pub in the house or at your mates if it was me id try get all the drivers not to go and force prodrift to hold it somewhere else were they can accommodate everybody so all a yous are happy also PD have money they have phones why couldn't they take the time to ring each driver that couldn't participate probably afraid of some a the responses they would a got on the other end of the line ha ha

dR Dan
16-08-12, 23:08
The best solution I think would be if 30 drivers don't go everybody in prodrift doesn't go simple reason being is if the track can't accommodate yas all fuck them there loss they will be loosing out on the money which Id say they badly need in this day and age and as far as time restrictions go its Ireland what else would people be doing on a weekend other than in the pub in the house or at your mates if it was me id try get all the drivers not to go and force prodrift to hold it somewhere else were they can accommodate everybody so all a yous are happy also PD have money they have phones why couldn't they take the time to ring each driver that couldn't participate probably afraid of some a the responses they would a got on the other end of the line ha ha

Do you not know why Rosegreen closed down??? Do you have any concept of whats going on around here?

Sure of course you'd do that... You wouldnt even pull over for the guards you hero.

James Doyle
16-08-12, 23:13
Just a suggestion no need to get all snotty after all you would be one that would be loosing out on the money too I suppose wouldn't you is that why you got all snotty

dR Dan
16-08-12, 23:13
Just a suggestion no need to get all snotty after all you would be one that would be loosing out on the money too I suppose wouldn't you is that why you got all snotty

Me loosing out on money?

MissSuz
16-08-12, 23:14

Your my hero.

James Doyle
16-08-12, 23:16
Ya must be rollin in it I'd say are you well that makes 2 of us haha and me not pullin over for the ballybunion heads what on earth has it to do with this it's a million miles apart from the point of this thread

Mick K
16-08-12, 23:18
Oh sweet Jesus what a read this has become,Is there no mods on here anymore?

tweek
16-08-12, 23:21
Oh sweet Jesus what a read this has become,Is there no mods on here anymore?
I think there is but disguised as James Doyle lol wouldnt be the first time either

MissSuz
16-08-12, 23:22
Maybe we have another Damo1 situation!

James Doyle
16-08-12, 23:24
What's the story lads it was only a suggestion yas all like ganging up on me don't yas now who's going to rat me out to Pete this time haha I swore I would stop the abuse

dR Dan
16-08-12, 23:27
I hope to god this James fella is fake. Surely you cant actually be that unintelligent. Baffled.

Anyways everyone sorted for the weekend. Just booked into Kellys Inn.. Looks luxurious :/ 15mins from Dungannon how bad.

James Doyle
16-08-12, 23:36
Your not very smart yourself are ya if you work for prodrift and can't pick up a phone and punch a few numbers to tell drivers they can't Compete ya thick dense wa€€€€€r

dR Dan
16-08-12, 23:40
Your not very smart yourself are ya if you work for prodrift and can't pick up a phone and punch a few numbers to tell drivers they can't Compete ya thick dense wa€€€€€r

Ding ding ding we have a winner. I dont work for Prodrift. Niiiiiiight xxxxxxxx

B&G Extreme Drifting
17-08-12, 06:20
no better man either ;) ahh ill drink my sorrows away wel make noise for ya brother repeat of fermoy:afro:
cheers lad, now i can put ur DI name to the real identity :) why banana? coz u go bananas behind the wheel lol

lads in big trouble got let down late last nite why 3.6/3.7 diff plz plz can anyone help a lend or anything plz

thanks

chrisb
17-08-12, 09:36
cheers lad, now i can put ur DI name to the real identity :) why banana? coz u go bananas behind the wheel lol

lads in big trouble got let down late last nite why 3.6/3.7 diff plz plz can anyone help a lend or anything plz

thanks

4.3 works in 3rd round it to if they are any easier to get for you

B&G Extreme Drifting
17-08-12, 10:14
4.3 works in 3rd round it to if they are any easier to get for you
thanks lad.. i have 4.3 but im gonna struggle coz of turbo t67, big housing etc jus alot more wrk
id imagine the turbo set ups makes massive differences, it is a fairly small track? similar to ennis? seen the vids of udc looks like small enough track?

cheers again

chrisb
17-08-12, 10:31
no it looks small in pics and vids but its much bigger than ennis you could fit three ennis widths accross the width of the oval, the vids from the prodrift layout the black 14 is using 3rd the whole track with 4.3 and skyline box.

go check out the vid with three cars doing the layout shows the size a bit better

Bradley_Motorworks
17-08-12, 22:14
I hope to god this James fella is fake. Surely you cant actually be that unintelligent. Baffled.

Anyways everyone sorted for the weekend. Just booked into Kellys Inn.. Looks luxurious :/ 15mins from Dungannon how bad.

Just past my house :D...Its a bit further than 15 min away though...lol Roughly 35 min or so from track. :P

B&G Extreme Drifting
19-08-12, 20:49
This track has to be the best of the season, from both driver & spectator point of view. hats of to PD, it was said the centre section might not work but it did and very well at that.
well done to all podium drivers from sat & the others that went through to today! well done to all the drivers today put on a savage show!

bmc
19-08-12, 21:05
This track has to be the best of the season, from both driver & spectator point of view. hats of to PD, it was said the centre section might not work but it did and very well at that.
well done to all podium drivers from sat & the others that went through to today! well done to all the drivers today put on a savage show!

how did you get on youself man ?

chopaholic
19-08-12, 21:48
Had a fantastic day, things could not have got better this weekend, glorious weather, fantastic driving and from a spectator point of view an amazing track.

Hope to see loads more at Tullyroan in the future, especially at night.

Roll on Mondello.

B&G Extreme Drifting
19-08-12, 22:23
how did you get on youself man ?
:( haha
hit the wall in practice.learned from it anyway thats the main thing
im starting to believe again so im happy with that, lookin forward getting out soon again