PDA

View Full Version : New Budget Tyre Reviews

Derk
13-08-12, 14:08
Seeing as Federals and the likes are out of most people's price range lately i've noticed ye're mostly using a vast range of budget tyres from Autoguards to Zeetas.
Lately there's been good one-off deals on Achilles amd Marangonis but unfortunatly they seem to be just that, once off.
Name the budget tyre you've been using, what PSI you run them at and how they've performed for grip and if the de-laminated or wore well... and price of course.
I know alot of the above depends on what power the car has and what track they're being used on but it be interesting to see what people have to say about the budget stuff.

20vees
13-08-12, 15:40
i used rapid 225/45/17. didnt smoke at all but lasted a good while in the dry not too bad in the wet either .€56 a tyre
technic laser remoulds 225/45/17. smokey smokey but they didnt last too long, wet were ok.
€39 a tyre.
i have bct 5800 tyre 215/45/17 .waiting to try them out. €55 a tyre

in the wet i was running 30psi and in the dry 35-40psi

ger15
13-08-12, 17:23
Seeing as Federals and the likes are out of most people's price range lately i've noticed ye're mostly using a vast range of budget tyres from Autoguards to Zeetas.
Lately there's been good one-off deals on Achilles amd Marangonis but unfortunatly they seem to be just that, once off.
Name the budget tyre you've been using, what PSI you run them at and how they've performed for grip and if the de-laminated or wore well... and price of course.
I know alot of the above depends on what power the car has and what track they're being used on but it be interesting to see what people have to say about the budget stuff.

Good idea starting this thread derk, I'm sure a lot of people will find it usefull, maybe people could name where there getting the tyres also if it's online or whatever

ian g sr20
13-08-12, 18:43
I used federals i had left from pd in the wet these tyres are just crazy it was like i lt wasnt wet with the grip i had running 20psi in wet then in the dry i uped them to 35 even to much for my car as its under powered.
Then in afternoon ran some budget tyres called radus r some thing like that ran them at 20psi some load of shit loads of some no grip. Brother ran sunny in wet at 18psi like driving on ice he said.

I have marangonis in the garage for next day out also ordered more federals

Famous jh
13-08-12, 19:04
Ran Accelera's the Sunday in Fermoy... 205/45/16, at 12psi. Serious grip and wore well, I will be using them again.

Also in practice on the Sunday morning I ran a pair of secondhand budgets can't remember what the were but they were shit, was pulling 4th with them on. Zero grip

Doofer
14-08-12, 08:44
Ran 195/50/16 Nankangs in Fermoy at 45psi.. Plenty of smoke.. Fairly grippy with standard sr20 power.. Ran Rockstones in the wet in Watergrass hill at 25psi.. Didnt know anything about them.. Single A rated temp and Traction.. 440 thread wear.. Found them perfect on wet ground.. Spun a couple of times in the same greasy corner but on both straights I could just throw the car and felt like I had control of the back at all times.. Never got a chance to see what they were like like in the dry..

skinnynphats200
14-08-12, 13:00
The accelara's are seriously grippy. I ran them in punch on the Saturday at 20 psi for first 2 runs and had far too much grip, couldn't keep the car sideways, then upped them to 35 psi and hardened the rear shocks fully and was still serious grip on them. Have yet to try them in the wet. Wore well too, not much smoke off them though. Will be using them again

Forgot to add for comparison purposes, the car is around 400hp

darren C
14-08-12, 20:20
The accelara's are seriously grippy. I ran them in punch on the Saturday at 20 psi for first 2 runs and had far too much grip, couldn't keep the car sideways, then upped them to 35 psi and hardened the rear shocks fully and was still serious grip on them. Have yet to try them in the wet. Wore well too, not much smoke off them though. Will be using them again

what price are they lad?

skinnynphats200
14-08-12, 22:12
what price are they lad?

I don't know I didn't pay for them. I think cost price is around the 60 mark for 235/40/18 Acceleras

rich20
10-11-12, 20:35
Sunny 265/35/18 serious smoke round 25psi gud grip have to higher dem to 45psi to loose grip sometimes wear well too :)

Paddy drifter
10-11-12, 22:40
Ran 195/50/16 Nankangs in Fermoy at 45psi.. Plenty of smoke.. Fairly grippy with standard sr20 power.. Ran Rockstones in the wet in Watergrass hill at 25psi.. Didnt know anything about them.. Single A rated temp and Traction.. 440 thread wear.. Found them perfect on wet ground.. Spun a couple of times in the same greasy corner but on both straights I could just throw the car and felt like I had control of the back at all times.. Never got a chance to see what they were like like in the dry..

i got about 4 pairs of nankangs as part worns might give them a go when i finish the car

stones
11-11-12, 12:45
ive 215 45 15 toyo t1r on back of the cam great grip in the wet no fear of pushin it only spun once..in the dry there even too grippy about 32 psi

triangles wear really well seriously hard but no grip in the wet unless you run about 20psi

Driftfest
11-11-12, 18:03
Derk the tyres we got recently are whining a lot on smooth Tarmac, do we need more pressure or what, Maxxis 45 /17s , Robert.

jap scrap
12-11-12, 20:28
ive 215 45 15 toyo t1r on back of the cam great grip in the wet no fear of pushin it only spun once..in the dry there even too grippy about 32 psi

triangles wear really well seriously hard but no grip in the wet unless you run about 20psi

What money are you paying for the triangles.

I ran 205 50 15 tyres in the dry around 30psi delent or some name like that the declamed and pulled the rear arch off my car