PDA

View Full Version : oil pump

alan180sx
01-12-09, 22:03
lads the oil pressure droped off in my 180 sr20det
striped it and replaced the oil pump
how long will it take to build up oil pressure again or is there a way to prime it

thanks for info

colm
01-12-09, 22:14
pull off the rocker cover and pull the fuse for the fuel pump and disconnect the cas or pull the plugs.

Then turn it over until ya see oil coming from the spray bars, then stick it all back together again. Best way of making sure oil is circulating :) pretty cool to watch too

moons657
01-12-09, 22:16
pull off the rocker cover and pull the fuse for the fuel pump and disconnect the cas or pull the plugs.

Then turn it over until ya see oil coming from the spray bars, then stick it all back together again. Best way of making sure oil is circulating :) pretty cool to watch too

yea i heard theres a way to prime the engine with oil but havent a clue what it is:oas said by colm would be the best
give nissan doctor a call.he'd kno best:cool:

way2fastforu
02-12-09, 09:23
wat colm said would work no prob

alan180sx
02-12-09, 20:30
tryed dat stil no oil cumin up an no oil pressure an the oil light wont go out. now im thinkin the oil pump was neva the problem in the first place. wat you guys think i wana my car bk

colm
02-12-09, 20:40
how long did you turn it over for lad? took mine a couple of mins before it started coming from the spray bars.

are you using an oil cooler?

alan180sx
02-12-09, 20:44
how long did you turn it over for lad? took mine a couple of mins before it started coming from the spray bars.

are you using an oil cooler?

round 2 r 3 mins lad was afraid id do damage if i kept goin. dont ave an oil cooler

colm
02-12-09, 21:17
balls thought it might have been some of the cooler pipe work blocked.

Do ya know how much oil you put back into the block? when i was doing it filled it up to full on the dipstick but had to add more again after i started to get it around the block

nissan_doctor
03-12-09, 01:01
The spray bars a very prone to getting blocked on sr's. Remove the oil return pipe from the turbo and turn the engine over again with the plugs in and the fuel pump fuse pulled and see if oil is flowing to the turbo.

Have you rebuilt the engine or just replaced the oil pump? If you have build the engine then fill the new oil filter with oil and then fit, you should get oil flow to the turbo within 20 seconds if all is well.

Also if you had the bottom end apart then make sure the oil pick up is fitted correctly with a new gasket as if it isn't sealed properly where it meets the block it won't suck up any oil.