PDA

View Full Version : Prodrift live stream?

haydomiata
30-07-12, 08:40
What would be involved in it ever happening because I think it would be a great idea,more and more people are moving away for work and it would mean they can still watch it and they could advertise on it so they wouldn't be doing it at there cost. It's just a thought seems that we can all watch the bdc, formula d and drift allstars from home if we can't make the event

Greg
30-07-12, 08:48
The drift stream is a great addition to an event. Being able to watch replays on your phone added a new dimension to the event.

Mac_C
30-07-12, 09:17
Would love to see this too.

Would be great for Irish drifting , getting drivers and the event worldwide exposure which would help with sponsers :cool:

Mick K
30-07-12, 09:25
I'd agree with having it once Irish ip address's were blocked from seeing it,I know well guys just wouldn't travel to see it,Including me.At the end of the day it's a business which needs to make money,Live stream is a massive cost and in turn with Ireland being the way it is people wouldn't travel. Allstars is different in Europe as an event in Malta or poland could attract 20000 people at the gate. I haven't missed a pd event in I dunno how many years,I used to go see Allstars in the uk prior to live stream but now there's no need.

taz
30-07-12, 09:34
Massive money in that streaming like cameras/mics/the people using them good website with good servers for live streams and the it guys running the site aswell

The amount of sponsors drift allstars had and they needed them all for that live stream id say.

What people say is right sure why would ya go to an event if there is a chance of rain when you can sit down at home and watch it on your tv or computer.

haydomiata
30-07-12, 09:47
Why would u rather sit at home and watch an event instead of ring there the atmosphere is much better at an event and you can talk to the drivers get specs and tips, I much rather go to it the sit at home and watch it but my idea is if u can't make it you can still watch it

Mick K
30-07-12, 09:50
It's called the Irish way,I know so many guys that just wouldn't be arsed leaving the house and would watch it online. But like I say id have no issue once Irish ip addresses were blocked

PeterT
30-07-12, 09:57
Yeh I agree with mick. It'd cut the crowd in half. Imagine a rainy event like, there would be no reason to go to the event over sitting at home!

keith-n
30-07-12, 13:21
the atmosphere is much better at an event

Atmosphere at events is shite. The Irish crowd dont interact. Everyones too worried about people looking at them if they shout or make noise.

Chuck_g
30-07-12, 15:00
Atmosphere at events is shite. The Irish crowd dont interact. Everyones too worried about people looking at them if they shout or make noise.

This does not apply to Team Manfoot Members/Fans/Followers :)

I must say i would much rather watch an event at the track side than online but im a drift fan, others would gladly sit at home. Regarding rainy pd events, they dont exist anymore since Graham got sponsored by the sun :)

Mick K
30-07-12, 15:28
This does not apply to Team Manfoot Members/Fans/Followers :)

I must say i would much rather watch an event at the track side than online but im a drift fan, others would gladly sit at home. Regarding rainy pd events, they dont exist anymore since Graham got sponsored by the sun :)

Pain in the bollups since God and him did the deal,Can't go to a pd event without being scorched!

PeterT
30-07-12, 15:49
See he's currently over re doing a deal with said sun dealer in Dubai.

DaveZigen
30-07-12, 16:22
What's actually mint about the live stream is drivers and fans can watch it back blow for blow! It was pretty cool that Brian could watch his lines sat evening before the main event and adjust! But there would be no crowd if it was online but it would attract a lot of international attention due to the standard of the driving so it's a trade off I guess :-)

Although it does attract sponsors and it may have the opposite affect by attracting people who have never been to an event by showing what goes on and how awesome it is!

Greg
30-07-12, 16:37
They should try it at Japfest because the crowd will be there anyways.

Prodrifter86
30-07-12, 18:42
livestream would be class.. one or two good cameras. and maybe a cheap go pro or 2 with the live stream set up on it would be easy enough. yes people wudnt go on rainy day etc but its mostly dedicated drift fans at every round of PD.....

but on the crowd thing. PD need to drop spectator prices.. for eg. if they had 200 people for 20euro. would dropping it to 10euro get 400 people? stil get the same profit but have more of an crowd .

s15_spec_r
30-07-12, 19:46
livestream would be class.. one or two good cameras. and maybe a cheap go pro or 2 with the live stream set up on it would be easy enough. yes people wudnt go on rainy day etc but its mostly dedicated drift fans at every round of PD.....

but on the crowd thing. PD need to drop spectator prices.. for eg. if they had 200 people for 20euro. would dropping it to 10euro get 400 people? stil get the same profit but have more of an crowd .

i personally dont think halfing the admission will get twice the crowd, if your genuinely interested in the days drifting your going to pay the money in, otherwise ya can sit at home and be a tight bastard, bitch and moan that its raining, the commentator is doing your head in and beg for them to bring in a free online live stream,

Dunnedriftin
30-07-12, 19:59
They should try it at Japfest because the crowd will be there anyways.

brilliant idea!!

Irish people will just go to japfest anyway as its the only proper car show of the year, But its a good time to put up a live stream to get internation intrest & the line up of drivers i hear will really attract some intrest from europ anyway & give people the inside look of a prodrift event that it might just attract some more people overseas !

Prodrifter86
30-07-12, 20:27
i personally dont think halfing the admission will get twice the crowd, if your genuinely interested in the days drifting your going to pay the money in, otherwise ya can sit at home and be a tight bastard, bitch and moan that its raining, the commentator is doing your head in and beg for them to bring in a free online live stream,

but thats not the thing. myself i go to every round because is what i do and love to do etc. but what about people that probably want a family day out and dont want to spend that much money and travel, food admission etc.. its a new crowd to they need for more people to get into it.. but anyway back onto the topic. the livestream would be class alright. and trying it at japfest would be cool as assbo etc wil be there

decobyrne106
31-07-12, 01:13
i can't see it happening because there would be very little crowds going to it then apart from the people who are always there and drift allstars and formulaD have live streams because there going across the country and people don't travel and drift allstars go outside england etc. if theres a live stream and punchestown is only 3/4 of an hour away i don't think your average joe would go to it if theres a livestream. just my opinion really

keith-n
31-07-12, 09:22
See he's currently over re doing a deal with said sun dealer in Dubai.

Eh.. yeh... "sun" dealer. Thats it......;)

hoopsbhoy
31-07-12, 09:44
100% it will effect crowds at events, its well researched and proven in other sports around the world (i believe), look at football in England, its illegal to show games at 3 oclock on a saturday, the reason for this was when games started being shown, crowds at games decreased and football has a much bigger draw.

I know plenty of people who go along to rifting who might not bother if they could watch it live.

All that said I think it would have amazing viewer numbers internationally. Blocked irish ip's = win win

brianbyrne
31-07-12, 13:59
Live streaming would be cool for the drift fanatics in for example Oz........although even blocking irish ip adresses would not stop people as they could go through proxys :) but would be very cool for PD

abceire
31-07-12, 21:27
Fd live streams and there numbers havent gone down, and distances are way bigger there. And football is very expensive to go see ticket wise, prodrift isn't that expensive, I'd love to be able to follow it from here in Canada, if back home I'd probably be just as lazy but not anymore lazy, I'd go to mondello round and puncherstown and watch rest on live stream, I think I'd get into it more if I could watch all rounds, might even want to go see more, if could follow all season.

abceire
31-07-12, 21:29
Prodrift in general social media wise is lacking, it is hard to even find the results of a round online, and it's usually found on a thread after you post up what are the results, somewhere like here, the prodrift site is very lacking in updates, and the prodrift sections too on websites like here and driftworks.
might just be that the market is too small, or they just don't see the value in it.

dR Dan
31-07-12, 22:39
You cant possibly compare live streams to Fd as the volume of people alone insures you'l always get people to a round over there.. Plus the spectacle is so much bigger over there.

I know its been looked into and all i know is it won't be done unless its done 100 per cent right with no shitty feeds etc.

I can see it happening but maybe just a 1 off event per season or something.

Possibly a Japfest 2013 id be thinking.

Over the course of a season doing every round would 100per cent affect numbers.