PDA

View Full Version : drift all stars round 3 after taughts

Boguey001
29-07-12, 17:52
So what did everyone think of the weekend? I was only down today and tbh I'd go to a round of pd over it anyday. Atmosphere was brutal, music was too loud, commentary was shit, the least they could have done was learned the drivers names, ya'd really miss Dave eagan on the mic, badly organised too, how they managed to mix up the drivers in top 16 I'l never know. On the plus side awesome driving from the Irish lads, was great to see 3 out of the final 4 been Irish and in my opinion it should have been 4 out of 4, and dan chapmans v8 sounds awesome. :) Hard luck to the lads that had some heavy hits to but fair dues to them for giving it everything, There wasn a driver from outside Ireland near the wall under the judges tower. Thats just my 2 cents, what did everyone else think?

nicknack
29-07-12, 18:02
No marshalls, no fire extinguishers, not teleporter, need I go on?

DC5EUGE
29-07-12, 18:22
Biggest load of shit i have been at in years.Shows like the one today just show how professional and well run Prodrift is run its miles ahead of Drift Allstars.Went down today between mixing up the running order and the commentary i left after an hour and a half.I would have been seriously annoyed if i had of come from far away to see it.The show and shine was pathetic and there was fup all trade stands at it.All in all a crap show and i dont like slatting shows as i know the effort and work that goes into them

aka pete
29-07-12, 18:34
Who made podium/who all was in last few battles?
I hear all Irish lads did well

joey banana s14
29-07-12, 18:37
im not even going to comment as i already have on fb a fucking joke is all this shambles was big up my just jap team mate barry180 on here getting into top 16 today

PeterT
29-07-12, 19:18
mckeever should never have been knocked out

DaveZigen
29-07-12, 19:23
I'm not gonna even start on the event....:mad:

But here's some fun facts!

This is the European Drift Series and....

3 amatuer Irish drivers qualified 3rd, 4th and 7th

And in all, 7 of the top 16 were Irish Semi-Pro/Amatuer drivers;)

Would give super-lap facts but sure neither the crowd or the drivers knew the super-lap scores......and so on:mad:

phils13
29-07-12, 19:26
Never saw anything so badly run in my life Irish lads kicked some serious ass

nikkisixx69
29-07-12, 19:30
irish drivers killed it as usual, ireland has gotta have the best drivers in the world after japan! pity it rained! didnt seem well organised though

dissapointed i wasnt allowed go on the big red slide :(

Famous jh
29-07-12, 19:33
What a joke..

The commentator, who's around drifting a long time from what I see and still didn't even know that the drivers don't get a warm up in top 8. Also sounded like he was just muttering to himself most of the time.

Pretty sure it was advertised as €15 to get in today but got charged €20??

Mac_C
29-07-12, 19:39
What hp is in that s14 of uhal ? (or however its spelt)

damo86
29-07-12, 19:47
720bhp

haydomiata
29-07-12, 19:50
What was with the judge that didn't even bother reading the drivers names it was just I preferred the car in front to the guy behind the fact that I didn't change the battery's in the camera before I left didn't help I took 3 photos before it died and they wer only practice rookie mistake haha

haydomiata
29-07-12, 19:50
720 according to the commentator

Bradley_Motorworks
29-07-12, 20:10
The organizing left a bit to be desired but on a plus side...Massive amounts of track time.
Was a bit mad changing the track so many times but I had some fun runs around it all weekend with Alan Farrell... So so much fun...lol
managed to Qualify 1st on Saturday then 3rd in the superlap So I was happy...
Think I eneded up 5th or so overall...:D

tamtaf
29-07-12, 20:17
Gutted for you Richard after rocking the ae86 then them to say oops we made a mistake in the running order. I know you still went through on that round but it's not the point. Well done to the Irish lads for showing em how it's done.

nicknack
29-07-12, 20:30
Richie, away from all the negativity and that, you were absolutely awsome to watch, the whole weekend! Consistency was there rubblin walls, fair play to you! :afro:

aka pete
29-07-12, 20:33

Fair play Richard, sounds like a good weekend's driving
Who was 1,2,3,4th?

bluecam
29-07-12, 20:34
gutted, anyone see young alan farrells last run , some ankers on that 14

tamtaf
29-07-12, 20:36
1.James Deane
2.Alan Sinnott
3.Yuha Rintanen
4.Mike Deane

Boguey001
29-07-12, 20:39
What hp is in that s14 of uhal ? (or however its spelt)

serious car with savage grip but ya cuda parked a lorry between him and the wall every time, no way should he have gotten to 3rd, way to many mistakes. After seein today i have to agree with nikki, Irish drifters standard has to be up there with the best in the world.

Greg
29-07-12, 20:43
I didn't think it was a complete disaster, and after talking to a couple of drivers the consensus seemed to be loads of track time and a nice relaxed atmosphere. The thing that really saved the event for me was the standard of driving all weekend by everybody, especially when the track was completely dry, on the wall every run and smoking the place out of it. Amazing stuff.

How many people are going to complain about Mondello wetting the track now when it will be good practice for weekends like that? :)

Hakosuka
29-07-12, 20:57
Changing the layout Saturday and not giving the lads a few hours practice before qualifying was bollox I thought - They spent all day Friday going the opposite direction.

Over all it was very badly organised, they could have made more of an effort.. But, I had a good weekend all the same, the quality of driving was unbelievable, everyone was putting down crazy runs with the track uber wet! Only in Ireland!

Feel bad for Diarmud O'Connell though.

Newsome
29-07-12, 21:15
Started off bad anyway. Sign on suppose to start at 7 on Friday. I was at the gate at 10 past but the gate wasn't even opened until 20 to 8. No one knew what to be at. Then they didn't know which track to use but in the end used the harder track to which we were told "you've entered a pro event if you don't like the track go home" so we practiced away on that track until lunch when Nigel colfer arrived and said the pro drift track was better. Then again they didn't know what to do. So we tried both tracks after lunch. Was more less decided then that we'd stay with the harder track. I was happy enough with that because I really liked it. Only to be told in briefing Saturday morning that they just had to go with the "safer" track. After that the weekend was a load of bolox ology. I could actually go on until tomorrow about it. I'm glad I went to work today.

fitzer
29-07-12, 21:27
terribly organised, we were practicallly able to walk onto the track while they were drifting!!

Kevin'c
29-07-12, 21:32
i couldn't beleave my eyes saturday when i saw a clipping point sign held up by a "Beer Keg" what the hell:confused: just before the glass building:huh:

tezdude
29-07-12, 21:45
A badly organised event alright! (whats that idiot commentators name anyway)
But it was definitely made up by the standard of driving by the irish lads glued to the wall! Feel very sorry for Diarmuid O Connell, it was a serious shunt!

DC5EUGE
29-07-12, 21:51
The irish lads were class all weekend as always ! The event was advertised as 15 euro entry on the posters and they charged 20 which is bad form. Even down to the muppets on the gate who kept leaving people standing in front of the turnstyle barrier after they paid the whole thing was a joke.The arrogance of the show organisers was unreal they should never be allowed back into the country again to organise an event

Mac_C
29-07-12, 22:23
serious car with savage grip but ya cuda parked a lorry between him and the wall every time, no way should he have gotten to 3rd, way to many mistakes. After seein today i have to agree with nikki, Irish drifters standard has to be up there with the best in the world.

Agree 100% he wasnt within a donkeys roar of the wall , The Irish lads where the only ones runing the wall from what i seen on the live stream.

I kinda always thought that was just drifting until i started watching other comps like this weekend and bdc and just shows you how hardcore Irish drifting is ! :afro:

SWRC Wayne
29-07-12, 22:30
The organizing left a bit to be desired but on a plus side...Massive amounts of track time.
Was a bit mad changing the track so many times but I had some fun runs around it all weekend with Alan Farrell... So so much fun...lol
managed to Qualify 1st on Saturday then 3rd in the superlap So I was happy...

Richard, after being out of action for so long, I would consider that as a moral victory! About 15 years ago when i was oval racing, the last season I raced I was only twice in a year and won about 3 out of 6 races. That reminded the rest of them who were there every week who was best . :p
I consider you one of the very best drivers the UDC has ever had. You continue to do us proud :afro:

Darren
29-07-12, 22:38
I couldn't make it up today so i thought id watch the live feed. i had to stop. between the commentator not having a clue, screaming into the mic and nearly blowing my ear drums i just couldnt keep watching

chopaholic
29-07-12, 22:53
First thing for us was the 15 euro entry which ended up being 20 euro, the women on the gate cheekily said Sunday was different but I then pointed out the sign said 10 euro for Saturday? No one seemed to have any idea what was happening,

The commentator was rubbish and the music was blasting so loud you could barely hear cars, the guy didn't even know the names of drivers and was more interested in a silly live replay. Huge gaps inbetween runs and loads of mistakes from the organizers, people having to battle twice in the top 16 etc.

I have to say though some of the driving was top notch, Richard Bradley's runs we're fantastic against the Ae86 and James Deane showing how it's done in the RX7, plenty of nice cars about too. Feel sorry for the guy in the Purple 86 with the Meisters.

Most likely won't make the drive down again for All stars if it comes back, after that poor attempt I can't see it though.

duane-drift
29-07-12, 23:03
had a good weekend until the top 8 when i seen juha pulling up beside me i could keep with him on the straight but after that it was game over

richard bradley drove like a mad man all weekend pity about his
car breaking down

and james on it as usall running every wall possible

and the irish dominated the weekend :P

SWRC Wayne
29-07-12, 23:16
Great insight provided there Duane from someone in the thick of it :cool:

taz
29-07-12, 23:24
I didn't think it was a complete disaster, and after talking to a couple of drivers the consensus seemed to be loads of track time and a nice relaxed atmosphere. The thing that really saved the event for me was the standard of driving all weekend by everybody, especially when the track was completely dry, on the wall every run and smoking the place out of it. Amazing stuff.

How many people are going to complain about Mondello wetting the track now when it will be good practice for weekends like that? :)

I taught the exact same i didnt mind the commentator because i hate the commintator in pro drift he wrecks my fecking head and these guys gave good track time aswell unlike pro drift where ya have to wait an hour between runs which is total bullshit.

I loved that soarer going around it made me want to put mine on the road alot more.

Very good drifting today i know that s14 didnt come into the walls as close but by god he came in fast with a hell of alot of smoke behind him making the irish drifters push their limits and come in quicker themselfs which isint a bad thing

SWRC Wayne
29-07-12, 23:39
I hate to keep chipping in, but just so super proud of the UDC lads for scoring so well.

As it happens, I was meant to be running the actual drift competition at this event this weekend... we'll not go into why we ended up not doing it, but we were happy to also be running the very first drift event at Tullyroan Oval on the same day aswell.

Great showing for the UDC on both sides of the border :)

lady89
30-07-12, 07:23
was a bit disappointed as well, kinda regret i came all the way from cork!
and the 20€ at the gate?

but the (irish) driving was unreal, at least that was fine :)

either drift allstars just isnt a good event in general or they didnt take the organisation in ireland serious enough!
was a bit suprised that i saw no marshalls near the track as well...?!

either way, think they will realize soon that u shouldnt come with an unorganized drift-show to ireland!

Kruizer
30-07-12, 07:41
Very disappointed with it tbh, waste of effort going and as for finishing at 4.30 wtf ???

git
30-07-12, 07:46
I taught the exact same i didnt mind the commentator because i hate the commintator in pro drift he wrecks my fecking head and these guys gave good track time aswell unlike pro drift where ya have to wait an hour between runs which is total bullshit.

I loved that soarer going around it made me want to put mine on the road alot more.

Very good drifting today i know that s14 didnt come into the walls as close but by god he came in fast with a hell of alot of smoke behind him making the irish drifters push their limits and come in quicker themselfs which isint a bad thing

Your intelligence is outstanding . Firstly how can you hate a person you don't even know all because he wrecks your head ?? Gway with ya ,Dave bein a friend of mine and probably one of the most legendary pd commentators actually providing information non stop says it all.

Secondly If I hear someone else say "they got loads of track time sher " ,what use is loads of track time to a spectator who wants to see a competion of progressive battles ???? And albeit the wrong track time cause they fucked up twin battles .... And don't let me get started on the fucking cheekyness of the organiser to come to his home country and still not have paid Irish drivers there winings from last year ! Never been so glad to be sick that weekend ...that competition did nothing for the progression of drifting in Ireland .

Well done to Alan and James and all the other Irish drivers !!

haydomiata
30-07-12, 08:04

I totally agree with git Dave is a great commentator he creates an atmosphere unlike any other and the fact he knows what he's talking about makes it even better why do u think people complain that he isnt commentating at the am part of Prodrift every round without fail

taz
30-07-12, 08:49
Your saying my intelligence is outstanding because i dont like the guys commentry good old forum talk.

I shouldnt have said hate its to strong a word maybe dislike.

I heard him at japfest and i didnt like it was he at ennis this year at the first round ?

The worst thing at irish drifting is the crowd they only cheer when people crash for some reason.

when me and the lads clap or cheer when hwe see somthing good i feel like a shouting fuck in the middle of a funeral home the looks we get and being the only ones doing it.

git
30-07-12, 09:21
Why do u dislike him ?

taz
30-07-12, 09:26
I dont know maybe it was just that day the way he went about it.

Was he at ennis at the first stage ?

If he was maybe im jumping the gun.

The guy at ennis wasent bad iv a bad memory but i remember i didnt like the on track commentry at japfest.

Mick K
30-07-12, 09:31
Girls this is about how shite drift allstars was,Not how Dave promotes each and every driver in pd! Yes he can get repeatative and annoying but he's the only man for the job,I was the one that suggested him,He's awesome at keeping the crowd interested and up to date when there's a stall due to a crash or a gap in battles.can ye remember John Gibbons? FML if you can suggest someone better then do,But don't knock a top guy like Dave,I know him longer than 99% of people on here and honestly can't think of anyone with as much interest or knowledge of drivers and builds that would stand up and do the job.

bart
30-07-12, 09:54
Girls this is about how shite drift allstars was,Not how Dave promotes each and every driver in pd! Yes he can get repeatative and annoying but he's the only man for the job,I was the one that suggested him,He's awesome at keeping the crowd interested and up to date when there's a stall due to a crash or a gap in battles.can ye remember John Gibbons? FML if you can suggest someone better then do,But don't knock a top guy like Dave,I know him longer than 99% of people on here and honestly can't think of anyone with as much interest or knowledge of drivers and builds that would stand up and do the job.

Nice post lad...

As mick said this is about drift allstars..
It was a joke yesterday and there's a lot more behind the scenes going on than half the people know about.
Some top teams in Ireland didn't enter..

Boguey001
30-07-12, 10:19
Nice post lad...

As mick said this is about drift allstars..
It was a joke yesterday and there's a lot more behind the scenes going on than half the people know about.
Some top teams in Ireland didn't enter..

now cumon lads, we had to give the other drivers some sorta chance, if we had of entered all our pro's it would have been a full Irish top 16 ha. :afro:

Hakosuka
30-07-12, 10:41
To be fair, any of the posters I saw said 15 euro if you buy a ticket online and 20 on the gate..

chopaholic
30-07-12, 10:48
To be fair, any of the posters I saw said 15 euro if you buy a ticket online and 20 on the gate..

This is the only one I have seen posted.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7110/7006067471_fe23095cb8.jpg

Hakosuka
30-07-12, 10:56
They must have changed it so.. This is the one I seen

http://www.drift-allstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/r3-2012.jpg

fitzer
30-07-12, 11:56
and the ad they had on spin made it out to be a massive event with a car show/truck show/bike show, a great day out for all the family. there were like 10 cars (very nice cars tho) and a few bouncing castles and 20quid in, waste of 20quid and a waste of a day!!

Chuck_g
30-07-12, 13:05
I was absolutely sickened and disgusted i was not allowed on the big red slide........really not on :/

E30chick
30-07-12, 13:31
I was absolutely sickened and disgusted i was not allowed on the big red slide........really not on :/

It was for your own good you were pissed.

:cool:

nikkisixx69
30-07-12, 13:38

Your man who said I couldn't go on it looked the spitting image of super Mario, but with a cocked eye

juice
30-07-12, 13:47

I mean he said an adult was over 12!!

Good thing I wasn't told that the night before........

darren5
30-07-12, 13:58
didn go as was way to hungover so watched the live stream, great show by the irish lads as usual, james deane never makes a mistake, well done to alan sinott aswel in his new s body great achievement to get to the final, gutted for mike spinnin against james he was so close before the spin.
roll on japfest

stevek
30-07-12, 16:38
didn go as was way to hungover so watched the live stream, great show by the irish lads as usual, james deane never makes a mistake, well done to alan sinott aswel in his new s body great achievement to get to the final, gutted for mike spinnin against james he was so close before the spin.
roll on japfest

why is sinnot not in the cam anymore? dont like him in the 14!haha sickend for diarmuid connel!! such a smack!

B.Egan
30-07-12, 17:10
Well overall I had a great weekend! Friday practice was deadly on the other layout, was properly balls out scary stuff!! Then to qualify on the sat and again in 3rd for the main event was brilliant. A wet and dry track was crazy tricky though and fairplay to everyone for still going for it. Its a real pity that the event will be overshadowed by negative comments over the organisation rather than any of the driving. Saturday night was pretty epic too. FISHYOLO!! :D

Gutted for Diarmuid though, and was pretty disgusted at the lack of respect shown to him from the commentator and also the organisers in not providing medical attention immediately tbh.

B.Egan
30-07-12, 17:13
why is sinnot not in the cam anymore? dont like him in the 14!haha sickend for diarmuid connel!! such a smack!

AFAIK the shunt he had with Juha Ritannen at the last round of Drift Allstars seriously damaged the shell. He also was trying to run 18s on it for grip and felt the 86 was at its limits, and that ultimately he can make the S14 more competitive in the long run, especially against cars like Juhas which is a complete game changer of a car! Could be wrong on all this though

shaneS14
30-07-12, 17:21
lack of advertisement ! lack of bins place looked like a dump with the rubbish on the ground , :mad:

stevek
30-07-12, 18:39
AFAIK the shunt he had with Juha Ritannen at the last round of Drift Allstars seriously damaged the shell. He also was trying to run 18s on it for grip and felt the 86 was at its limits, and that ultimately he can make the S14 more competitive in the long run, especially against cars like Juhas which is a complete game changer of a car! Could be wrong on all this though

any links to that?? Great driving yesterday Brian, cams doing you well :D

gem-s13
30-07-12, 18:55
ware to start, from a drivers point of veiw the event was realy layed back which was a very nice change from pd you could come and go as you like change tyres have a chat watch some of the other guys runs to get a better idea of the track layout, which is completly diffrant to pd ware you have 50+cars trying to do as many practise laps you can which is normaly 3-4!! i dont no how many laps i did over the weekend, i found myself standing around talking to everyone because i was bored of driveing!! the track changing didnt realy bother me atall the only people moaning about that had already driven the pd layout so WHY MOAN ABOUT IT get a grip!!

i would have loved to be able to see out of the windscreen properly lol!!

the only bad thing i have to say about the wkend was when diarmuid had his crash with the wall it doesnt matter how well you think you are after a bang like that there should be a medic on site to check you over just incase,

aka pete
30-07-12, 19:33
What actually happened Diarmuid? Was he badly hurt? Car wrecked?

I wouldn't loved to got down to watch Sunday but by the sounds of it it wasn't great for spectators..
Drivers seemed to have a ball though..
Was fink and chapman driving??
There mustn't been a few wall taps.. saw pics of duanes car and heard bmc had an run in with it as well..

Any pics, vids..

Mac_C
30-07-12, 19:45
Any pics, vids..

Heres the great 8 pete
http://www.justin.tv/driftallstarseurope/b/326671423

damo86
30-07-12, 19:55
4 mins 50 for diarmuids crash

Irish25256
30-07-12, 20:13
Short-end version of crash http://www.justin.tv/driftallstarseurope/b/326811031

aka pete
30-07-12, 20:45
Holy shit, big hit.. See the wall move.. And the wheel ripped off
Surely there was some form of medic/ambulance guys on site.. Even though Diarmuid got out and gave the thumbs up he'll be sore today..

Jamesconn
30-07-12, 21:05
Holy shit, big hit.. See the wall move.. And the wheel ripped off
Surely there was some form of medic/ambulance guys on site.. Even though Diarmuid got out and gave the thumbs up he'll be sore today..

Yes there were 2 ambulance medics there within 30 seconds, the crash happened about 4 feet from us.

PeterT
30-07-12, 21:44
30 seconds?! about ten minutes you mean, sure watch the live feed video theres not an ambulance in site at all in the vid

pinny
30-07-12, 22:11
30 seconds?! about ten minutes you mean, sure watch the live feed video theres not an ambulance in site at all in the vid

Do they not have to be onsite fir the event to be ran ?
I know with a couple motox events i was at ambulance has to b onsite before anyone can be on track.
If anyone is brought in ambulance event stops until ambulance is back on site or replacement ambulance

PeterT
30-07-12, 22:20
I know with a couple motox events i was at ambulance has to b onsite before anyone can be on track.
If anyone is brought in ambulance event stops until ambulance is back on site or replacement ambulance

5 mins in, have a look at the whole situation for yourself and see what you think!

http://www.justin.tv//driftallstarseurope/b/326671423?utm_campaign=archive_embed_click&utm_source=static.ak.facebook.com

Cooldrft
30-07-12, 22:25
Yes there were 2 ambulance medics there within 30 seconds, the crash happened about 4 feet from us.

It was 5 minutes before a medic asked diarmuid was he ok, then just walks off "on vid @ 10:15" .
I was by the barrier + saw the whole thing ,the response was shocking.

B.Egan
30-07-12, 22:25

There was an ambulance there and medical staff.....problem was more that they seemed to be on a day off or something lol

KerryKid1JZ
30-07-12, 22:28
There was a ambulance onsite! It was to the right of the massive orange building!

phils13
31-07-12, 00:39
there was one 'medic' strolling around taking videos and photos of cars and the drifting not very professional

MCNSPORT.com
31-07-12, 05:15
i will never get that day of my life back.....

Alan sinnott needs to give diarmuid his 86 and we will pretend nothing happened

damo86
31-07-12, 08:22

Alan sinnott needs to give diarmuid his 86 and we will pretend nothing happened

ha ha, we can all just erase it from our minds

hoopsbhoy
31-07-12, 09:52
Well I wasnt at the event, but have talked to allot of people who were there and it does not surprise me to be honest. As a spectator I was in Wembley for the event there last year.

I spent most of the day trying to both explain and clear up points to my missus who just wasnt sure what was going on or who people were. The commentary wasn't even started for the qualifying runs over there. Which obviously made it impossible to know what was going on.

Delighted to see all the Irish going so well, no surprise really.

chrisb
31-07-12, 10:41
had a really good weekend, track time was unreal, serious value for money. kierans layout in punchestown is without doubt the best drift layout in ireland imo, when you get it right it is absolutly awsome, so fast....and thats both ways round it.

was just shy of nice grip levels all weekend, running with 15psi in the tyres

delighted to end up 4th on sat and threw to pros on sunday. have to say the qualifying on sunday had me baffled, i was second car out so got to watch most of it and the irish boys were nailling the clipping boxes and european boys not so much but judges seemed to think differently:huh:

keith-n
31-07-12, 14:52

Now you know how we sometimes feel....:p

Drift Allstars
31-07-12, 15:49
Response

So sorry to hear that many of you feel this way…Here are the answers to the queries that a few of you share.

Just so people know we would like to give you an idea of why the whole event had a rushed feel to it. Just over 3-4 weeks ago the Irish promoter pulled out! At that stage we had committed a date and we always like to follow up on every date for the season to keep the consistency as much as possible! We are quite busy with 3 events kicking off in Europe shortly and two others in the UK in the last few weeks so to pull this off in such a short time was quite the task!

MC- This was the first time we ever had to use this another MC for the day. Our official commentator Bryn who you will all know, is world class, could not attend with another event clash! Faruk was a stand in and with the commentator being a huge part of the show we needed to use someone but after approaching other Irish commentators we could not secure anyone in time!

Medical team was onsite for the whole event- We were far from impressed by their slow actions. The usual motorsport rescue team we usually use(Motorsport rescue UK), that are far by the best in the business were already booked. But could not attend last minute, few calls to mondello and other companies in the UK found this was VERY hard to secure.

Admission price- It was €15 online -€20 on the door is Prodrift not the same price?

European series-10 drivers travelled over, its two ferry crossings from mainland Europe, it is always going to be hard to attract a lot more top drivers. Sure less number of cars went to japfest 2011?

Irish drivers dominating is this not a good thing? Shows how high the standard is? Brian Egan and the other amateurs showing how good the standard is very high from the amateur level up. Richard Bradley coming out of no where and dominating the driver search and so many other drivers from the north showing what they can do!

Track change, yes it was the safer layout, many drivers came back to us after driver search/qualifying and then said it was the right move as you had to be fully committed in the dry to make it, in the wet it would have been all over for many more cars(Many cars hit the wall with the safe track) We have a great relationship with our drivers and we always work with them during the briefings with all their comments being took onboard. Safety is paramount. Anyone remember the amount of crashes at punchestown on the similar layout in 2009?

Tracktime on the circuit that was used? 3 hours free practice – Most drivers couldn’t do the session due to running out of tires? If you can’t adjust to a new layout in 2-3 laps then you shouldn’t of been there at the weekend? This has been proved by nearly all our drivers at any new track we introduce to the series.
Battle messup-Different names/cars caught out the start line crew, DELAYS on the startline are painful at this level when it’s a liveshow. Key staff missed this event.

Feedback- Again we are most unhappy at the level of production of this show, anyone that’s been to our UK show’s knows there is a huge difference! One of the more dissatisfied shows we have EVER done combined with the changeable weather…

We have always said it but due to Prodrifts hardwork in being the very first professional series in Europe, the high standards of their events, high standards of drivers really shows why its such a great package and we will always praise their events. They set the standard for a National championship.

With such passionate /critical fans of the sport that has groomed drifting into being such a success in ireland
Many apologies from all of us at Drift Allstars and we will work hard on improving our events and making sure that these problems do not arise again.

niall s14a
31-07-12, 16:07
Fair play man, things can go wrong and shit happens, it takes a good man to take the criticism on board and use to better future events!

ger15
31-07-12, 16:13
Entry was advertised as €15 never said anything about €15 online and €20 on the day, you say pd is the same but then you go on to say how far ahead pd is compared to ur series so that makes no sense, the staff on the day were also ignorant fucks

clifford106447
31-07-12, 16:40
Richard Bradley coming out of no where and dominating the driver search and so many other drivers from the north showing what they can do!

we had 5 northern ireland drivers in the top 6. i rounded up the sixth spot.

i dont care what people say because being honest i had fun and fun and more fun. the track time we got was huge. i looked last night at my clock in the skyline and have done 64 miles sideways from friday to sunday lol.
having the relaxed layed back atmosphere worked well for the drivers i think. io understand its a show which has to be put on but if u cand keep the drivers happy will they come back to another. i know i will. having luke fink there to chat to friday and saturday i think was good. .

thats my opinion. :cool::rolleyes:

shaneS14
31-07-12, 17:23
what about the state of the place the litter and rubbish ?? disgracefull

PeterT
31-07-12, 18:20
Fair play for the reply, thats what I say. Most would try hide in the corner until it blows over.

edit: actually any reason for the mix ups of top 16 drivers etc ? any communication technical faults or just general confusedness!? And marshals? to keep spectators safe etc. odd one to be missing

gem-s13
31-07-12, 18:43
the way i see the mix up with the top 16 battle, would be if me or any other irish person went to another country ware they knew no body's face, no body's name and no body's car, these things can happen lets all get over it

and 20euro on the gate big deal, if it was 15 you would still cry about it we see that after every single event that has ever been held in ireland!!, they do a live stream over the net so stay home and watch that for free

dR Dan
31-07-12, 18:47
For what its worth heres my 999 cent.

#A top quality motor sport medical, safety and recovery crew is obviously ideal but not necessarily needed. Speaking from past experience simple communication is just fine. Any ambulance crew would do just fine with their own radio and frequency, they may not understand what counts as a bad accident but your track control in the tower surely can. A radio message should have been sent straight away driver out of the car or not. Driver safety should be number 1 priority at any event.

#There is faaaaaarrrrrr too much emphasis on the live stream. The commentator constantly was talking about stuff we couldnt see. In my opinion those who are at the track should be priority as those people payed to be there. I no ye have an international audience but dont bite the hand that feeds ya.

#I thought Faruk was on the mic in Birmingham? Anyways just give him a lsit of driver and car names and specs etc. Even top 16, it cant be that hard to reference when theres only 16 cars.

#Twin battles are soooo confusing. Winners arent always announced. Battles get mixed up. I know of drivers who were half way through a battle and were ushered towards the pits who then had to inform marshalls they had another run left. 5 min rule or not just see out the battle before moving on it makes it soooo much easier to keep track of whos winning etc.

#I remember the lads turning to me and they like me have been following it for yeeeeears saying we havent a notion whats going on imagine those who are at their 1st event?? I couldnt imagine they'd be back.

#Last point. This is ment to be Europes Premier drift series. Having this championship on your CV really could be the thing that gets a driver a drive in Fd etc. Surely it shouldnt be so relaxed. Some drivers didnt really no what was going on but didnt care as there were no sanctions. There are plenty of smaller series that are fun which is awesome but with the money involved in this surely it should be more professional? For example AND NOT having a go at any driver because their obviously gonna love this but i saw a driver being told he had 10 mins to get the car ready to qualify. 25mins later he pulled to the line and the car failed again. Was then left jump into another car and complete his run maybe 30-35 mins after the deadline. Now i personally was delighted as he is definately the calibre of driver you want to see but its very unprofessional looking and possibly even hard on other drivers.

I went to Round 1 in Birmingham and thought it was AWESOME. Driving, organisation, problem solving and atmosphere was amazing and thats why i had such high hopes heading to this event only for them to be dashed. I left early due to sheer and utter confusion.

Fully expect Romania to be an awesome event after this.

Fair play for coming on here and explaining and a huge round of applause to all the Irish drivers who were all on fire the weekend.

dR Dan
31-07-12, 18:49
Ohhh and on a side note ye deffo do good party organising. Saturday night was full of win and Prodrift could deffo do with taking a look at how ye do that. Top night.

nikkisixx69
31-07-12, 18:53
Ohhh and on a side note ye deffo do good party organising. Saturday night was full of win and Prodrift could deffo do with taking a look at how ye do that. Top night.

Fact! Party was epic! So much crazyness haha! :D

Irish25256
31-07-12, 19:00
I bought 2 Sunday tickets online expected to pay 30euro but by the time i went true it all it cost 35 not a big deal just seems like there was no point buying online with that , iv done it a few times with pd and there's never any extra charges

damo86
31-07-12, 19:23
I bought 2 Sunday tickets online expected to pay 30euro but by the time i went true it all it cost 35 not a big deal just seems like there was no point buying online with that , iv done it a few times with pd and there's never any extra charges

well thats your fault cause i bought 2 tickets for the price of one for sunday... €20euro all in

Ivor-BMW
31-07-12, 20:32
Hi,
This is my first post at this "great" community.
I can't belive how many weepers are here :(

cheers

barry180
31-07-12, 20:45
well lads i didn think it was all that bad theres a few bits and pieces id agree on theres always an up and a down side to things as gem was saying the seat time was unreal i had to stop driving or would hav had no tyres left any one find out who that commentator is cause he didn like me one bit from wat i heard was something to do with the graphics on my car bein similar to some australian dude how sad could ya be ha i actually dont think he liked anyone my heart goes out to diarmuid that was one cool twin cam had a few battles with him hes a good pilot. i was happy enough with my out come at the weekend qualified 7th on saturday and 7th sunday in top 16 was up against alan sinnott and drew so had a one more time and ended up hittin wat felt like a sheet of ice just comin up on the last clip and bang.i hate rain:( it was all worth it delighted to get where i got as an amateur and id like to thank all the lads for the support and derk at dereen tyres :cool:

Irish25256
31-07-12, 20:48
well thats your fault cause i bought 2 tickets for the price of one for sunday... €20euro all in

Well don't see hows its my fault , when you see it advertised for 20 at the gate its normally per person so thought online would save me abit but guess not at all lol

Famous jh
31-07-12, 20:54
First off well done Barry you had a weekend like that coming with a while, fair play!

But my god if I hear one more driver saying "it was good sure it was mighty track time"I'm gonna go mad.

Come on lads what good is that to a spectator? This weekend has done no favours for drifting in this country as far as spectators are concerned. With every event these days there's less and less people coming in the gate.

Also to Niall Gunn, saying that the Irish promoter pulled out 4wks ago an all this shit...What kinda excuse is that? Surely you have a good enough team around you now at this stage to put on a better show than that? Clearly not.

m3con
31-07-12, 21:46
First off well done Barry you had a weekend like that coming with a while, fair play!

But my god if I hear one more driver saying "it was good sure it was mighty track time"I'm gonna go mad.

Come on lads what good is that to a spectator? This weekend has done no favours for drifting in this country as far as spectators are concerned. With every event these days there's less and less people coming in the gate.

Also to Niall Gunn, saying that the Irish promoter pulled out 4wks ago an all this shit...What kinda excuse is that? Surely you have a good enough team around you now at this stage to put on a better show than that? Clearly not.

Right I wasn't there but the neighbour took his 8 yr old son down on Sunday and they been chatting bout fuck all else since said the display of driving skill was like nothing They ever seen and they are huge rally fans and the kid came home fit ta name Every driver and what they were drivin they loved it and said they now can't wait for pro-drift to come to Tullyroan in August
So couldn't be all bad

Stevo
31-07-12, 21:51
Faruk (sp) was english commentators name.

duane-drift
31-07-12, 22:04
did anybody see how fast juha's car was out of the bottom corner:confused: it was like a four wheel drive drift :L

PeterT
31-07-12, 22:26
did anybody see how fast juha's car was out of the bottom corner:confused: it was like a four wheel drive drift :L

how in the name of fuck is it so fast? like even pulling away from the likes of the MG s15 and everthing its insane!

I still think you had him though, he couldnt run the walls and he had a correction!

gem-s13
31-07-12, 22:30

the thing is just retared!!!

it has so much speed it just looks out of control thow he was way off all the wall clips, i think you were done over in you run against him, and then he did the same thing against alan sinnott and the did him over it then

Famous jh
31-07-12, 22:31

Unreal, by the end of the big corner he was in a different time zone to everyone else!

I think its literally just decent grip and highly geared = massive wheel speed + big balls!

dR Dan
31-07-12, 22:35
the thing is just retared!!!

it has so much speed it just looks out of control thow he was way off all the wall clips, i think you were done over in you run against him, and then he did the same thing against alan sinnott and the did him over it then

Their judging style seems kinda simialar to Fd... Being 'Gangsta' with mahooosive 'style' is almost more important than line which imo should always be worth at least 60 percent of a score... at LEAST!

pole drift
31-07-12, 22:58
Hi,
This is my first post at this "great" community.
I can't belive how many weepers are here :(

cheers

Wrong area to post an introduction:p

Greg
01-08-12, 08:26
I actually thought the commentator was pretty funny at times. A bit more assistance with the names of all the Irish drivers wouldn't have hurt because Carpo couldn't have been expected to know everybody.

chrisb
01-08-12, 09:28
Unreal, by the end of the big corner he was in a different time zone to everyone else!

I think its literally just decent grip and highly geared = massive wheel speed + big balls!

I honestly don't know what more duane could have done. Just to let you all know he was running 285 Tyres with very low pressure in them and pulled 4th gear out of the hairpin to try and sit with him.

B.Egan
01-08-12, 12:19
Juha's car was a massive eye opener and a big big worry personally.

When Eric won Prodrift in my car back in 2007 probably the average big power cars were 350 to maybe 500 bhp max? Now 400bhp is what you nearly have to have for semi-pro, and the top guys are going into the 500, 600, 700bhp+ range. Still adding a bit more grip to my car and stuff in the future, it seems possible to not really get left behind with most, which is great.

But if Juha's car is the sign of things to come, then really the days of low horsepower cars, or relatively cheap builds like Paul McCarthys being able to compete at the top are going to be over. You will need massive power, you will need massive grip which means massively wide and expensive tyres, and you ultimately will need proper sponsorship.

At the weekend it seemed to me like what would happen if you put a FD car up against a Prodrift car.

I don't know is it a good thing to see European cars catch up maybe and the guys deserve massive credit, but from a personal point of view it was very worrying for the future. Its been gradually going that way for the last few years yes.....but this was the first time I saw a massive massive leap in performance.

20vees
01-08-12, 12:34
@Trixa i agree with you there , same as the route ralling went, loads of people cant do it no more because it made itself too exspensive to compete in plus manufacturers even pulled out.
motorsport was and should ever be about the sport of it and if a fella feels under pressure to put big bucks into a car to compete is only going to take the fun out of it in my opinon.
lets be real about it FD and america have the industry and money to put a v8 900hp from a nascar into a drift car and they have bigger sponsers bigger prize money and bigger stress on competitors. theres going to be a point where it just wont be fun anymore for some people and thats whats coming down the line.

clifford106447
01-08-12, 16:02
me and others have our own thoughts about this. i would really love a look at what juha's cars running. 315 rears.????? thinkthere more to it than that. and as everyone is sayiing 8 out of 10 of the irish drivers were on the walls all weekend. didn see much from the others in there monster cars. . still ... not complanin .had fun as always but the day has to come for a cap on certain limits of what is acceptable is certain series. . if u can afford 800bhp and 30 brand new tyres a weekend then may aswell pay the little extra and head to fd. its like taking (not saying which team is the best cause thats another row lol) a premership team and putting them in 3rd devision just cause there they will be the best and win easily. its stupid. needs to be a cap somewhere. how happy would everyone be to see a 1000bhp car win every round of prodrift year on year, would people not try say move on . . lol.. thats what i think anyway.

pmc-drifter
01-08-12, 17:05
Juha's car was a massive eye opener and a big big worry personally.

When Eric won Prodrift in my car back in 2007 probably the average big power cars were 350 to maybe 500 bhp max? Now 400bhp is what you nearly have to have for semi-pro, and the top guys are going into the 500, 600, 700bhp+ range. Still adding a bit more grip to my car and stuff in the future, it seems possible to not really get left behind with most, which is great.

But if Juha's car is the sign of things to come, then really the days of low horsepower cars, or relatively cheap builds like Paul McCarthys being able to compete at the top are going to be over. You will need massive power, you will need massive grip which means massively wide and expensive tyres, and you ultimately will need proper sponsorship.

At the weekend it seemed to me like what would happen if you put a FD car up against a Prodrift car.

I don't know is it a good thing to see European cars catch up maybe and the guys deserve massive credit, but from a personal point of view it was very worrying for the future. Its been gradually going that way for the last few years yes.....but this was the first time I saw a massive massive leap in performance.

I agree, but the thing is its only tracks like Punchestown that has a slow enough hair pin type bend with a huge pull out that insane horse power and grip is gonna kill others!
Juha's car looks like an absolute pig between the grip and that stupid wisefab kit, going from 90 degree lock to 0 about 20 times on one lap of the course. But as said the scary thing is it doesn't matter because if you are that fast it doesn't really matter if you are "rubbin walls" or not!

Famous jh
01-08-12, 18:42
I agree, but the thing is its only tracks like Punchestown that has a slow enough hair pin type bend with a huge pull out that insane horse power and grip is gonna kill others!
Juha's car looks like an absolute pig between the grip and that stupid wisefab kit, going from 90 degree lock to 0 about 20 times on one lap of the course. But as said the scary thing is it doesn't matter because if you are that fast it doesn't really matter if you are "rubbin walls" or not!

Said the same myself Sunday alright, that lock is gay and needs to be banned worldwide anyway.

Derk
01-08-12, 19:14
me and others have our own thoughts about this. i would really love a look at what juha's cars running. 315 rears.?????

265's is all i fitted to it all weekend

podgedun
01-08-12, 22:46
about the the 700 hundred horse power plus cars, are they really that good in the likes of Ennis I.e tight technical tracks?? would a light nimble 350 hp sr twincam be able to manage some what??

Lik i no yr man juha was goin savage quick at the bottom bend in punchestown cause it was soo long but tight technical course would a 1000 pounds of torque not jus be boggin down??

and tp be fair the quality of tracks in ireland is shite lik, if it was the uk maybe they would have better reason for this kinda power??

duane-drift
01-08-12, 22:54
it's hard to no if i won but alot people said to me that i was robbed
i pulled up to the van and everybody kept asking me who won and me thinking obviously him :L.
i didnt no he straightened behind me :P
i was sitting on him on the straight and when we hit that first corner i couldnt even see him his car just walked away:(
it has to much grip he keeps straghing and corrected cuase of it :confused:

gem-s13
01-08-12, 22:56
what tyres do you run on rear Duane?

and i agree juha's car looks on the verge of out of control,

duane-drift
01-08-12, 23:07
what tyres do you run on rear Duane?

and i agree juha's car looks on the verge of out of control,

for this event gem i was running 285/30/18 when i was against juha's
it has got nothing to do with the gearing of the car it has to be the tyres?

alan sinnott
01-08-12, 23:09
It's all about the tyres.

gem-s13
01-08-12, 23:13
for this event gem i was running 285/30/18 when i was against juha's
it has got nothing to do with the gearing of the car it has to be the tyres?

i run the exact same tyres as juha on my car 265 achilles they are unreal yokes!

there is 2 diffrant types of them some come in plastic wrapping they are the new model ones which are crazy!! i put on 2 of them for super lap any one who seen it will tell you it was shite! i just could not get the car to spin up with them on and when i went out in top 16 in the rain with mike dean when i put the shoe in i just got grip and jumped forward

chrisb
02-08-12, 09:02
would his tyres pass prodrift regs?

nigey00
02-08-12, 09:38
would his tyres pass prodrift regs?

The're 400 threadwear!!! :rolleyes:

Juha is fast on every track, the tyres are a crazy compound. He is beatable but you just have to be smart! ;)

damo86
02-08-12, 10:19

Juha is fast on every track, the tyres are a crazy compound. He is beatable but you just have to be smart! ;)

sure didnt sinnott beat him in the top4??

B.Egan
02-08-12, 12:11
i run the exact same tyres as juha on my car 265 achilles they are unreal yokes!

there is 2 diffrant types of them some come in plastic wrapping they are the new model ones which are crazy!! i put on 2 of them for super lap any one who seen it will tell you it was shite! i just could not get the car to spin up with them on and when i went out in top 16 in the rain with mike dean when i put the shoe in i just got grip and jumped forward

Well you have got to say fairplay to Achilles! They seem to have developed a brilliant drifting tyre! Wonder do they make 195 15s?!! :D

How does treadwear relate to grip Nigel? The higher the better or does it really have nothing to do with that? Higher the threadwear the longer they last right?

pmc-drifter
02-08-12, 13:01
The higher the treadwear the less grip the tyre should produce but thats not always the case as said above its to do with the compound of the tyre!

nigey00
02-08-12, 14:40
Well you have got to say fairplay to Achilles! They seem to have developed a brilliant drifting tyre! Wonder do they make 195 15s?!! :D

How does treadwear relate to grip Nigel? The higher the better or does it really have nothing to do with that? Higher the threadwear the longer they last right?

I believe Prodrift have a threadwear limit on tyres, supposibly the lower the threadwear the softer the compound. But there is no universal threadwear legislation between tyre companies so you can basically put what you want.

With tyre companies like Achillies they realise this and put a soft as hell compound onto a tyre and rate them at whatever they want. The drift spec ATR sports run the same compound rummber as the new Achillies 123 that Saito uses in the satates. They are ultra soft and ultra grippy hence where Juha and to a lesser extent Dan Chapman are getting their grip from.

sure didnt sinnott beat him in the top4??

This is exactly my point. Having so much grip causes issues while chasing other cars that do not have as much grip. Juha finds it very difficult to chase due to this and makes mistakes. As a driver you realise this and all you can do is pull massive angle in front of him, drive a gangster line and hope Juha fucks up. You can do nothing while chasing the guy. He is a good driver but as seen last weekend doesnt run a great line and is very twitchy. Everyone has strenghts and weaknesses and you have to play to this. His advantage is that he's fast. He has good tyres, there's nothing we can do about his tyres so we need to try something else as his competitors!! OR go to the UK and burn down the Achillies warehouse!! :)

Greg
02-08-12, 16:18
As a driver you realise this and all you can do is pull massive angle in front of him, drive a gangster line and hope Juha fucks up.

Awesome! :D

Bradley_Motorworks
02-08-12, 16:19
I wish I could afford them dam tyres and had the power to turn them...Seem miles and mile ahead of anything else on the market. But way over budget for my weekend...lol
My 255 35 18 sunnys seem to do pretty well. Had them let down to 19psi most of the time but meant you had to be mashed to the floor all the time or they just gripped and threw you at the wall. Smoked reasonably well too:)

gem-s13
02-08-12, 18:02
I wish I could afford them dam tyres and had the power to turn them...Seem miles and mile ahead of anything else on the market. But way over budget for my weekend...lol
My 255 35 18 sunnys seem to do pretty well. Had them let down to 19psi most of the time but meant you had to be mashed to the floor all the time or they just gripped and threw you at the wall. Smoked reasonably well too:)

they are prob the same money as sunnys!! 265/30 18's achillies we bought them for 70euro a go

B.Egan
03-08-12, 12:08
http://www.drift-allstars.com/drift-allstars-round-2-ireland-official-results/

Report up on the weekend. I came 9th mint!:D Although I should have led the battle against Diarmuid it seems lol?

duane-drift
03-08-12, 19:20
they had all the battles mixed up

driftescort
04-08-12, 07:27
they are prob the same money as sunnys!! 265/30 18's achillies we bought them for 70euro a go

Where do you get them from?

juZz
13-08-12, 14:34
Nice to see that there are much discussion..

I just wanted to say, that no ones cheating or anything. I've just got all the settings right this time and made an awesome car in my opinion.

Some of the grip comes from Achilles for sure. They are the best tires i've driven with, not complaining! Low Brain Drifters sell them and everyone can buy them if they want. He's just been having a low stock issue, but a new container should arrive soon.

As I said some of the grip comes from Achilles, I brought the car in Finland after London competition and I drove one competition here.

Radalle.com motopark 2012 pro drifting finaalit - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHgR5C3ipE0&feature=player_embedded)

I didn't have achilles with me and I used 225/45/17 RETREAD tires. The other guy still had 255 something.
Maybe it's just because I have bigger spoiler? haha :D

Someone said if this high horsepower car is difficult to drive in a small tracks.. Well it still spools better than a stock 2JZ..

In Punchestown the car was twitchy allright. I was struggling with it the whole weekend and because of that I was a bit afraid to run that close to the wall with the bumbs and everything <-- softie!

On the next day in UK we went to the alignment place and the car was badly misaligned which explains a lot.

I don't get it why people don't like Wisefab and are just shouting its bad and they haven't even tested it? Is it bad because it has more lock than Geomasters?? I like DW stuff. I have a lot of them rods fitted. You don't have to use the extra lock if you don't want, but it has really saved me a couple of times.

All the best to everyone and lets keep it fair!!
See some of you guys in Romania this weekend, can't wait..

-Juha Rintanen

Drift Allstars
15-08-12, 13:10
Drift Allstars 2012 (Round 3: Ireland) THE INVASION - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CisW_p2nE0&list=UUduQpjyKpmGm4vMS9Vqvnng&index=1&feature=plcp)