PDA

View Full Version : Cruisearound Charity diffin Day in Aid of I.A.A Sat 16/1/2010

Miss S15
30-11-09, 13:31
http://i46.tinypic.com/23kp16o.jpg

Firstly can I say the prices have been revised as some people complained about them even though its for charity.

Secondly just because I am organising it on Cruisearound's behalf I hope all the intersite stuff wont be brought into it. This is an event for everyone and I hope you guys here on Driftireland will support this

Cruisearound are please to announce that we have organised this charity day for Irish Autism Action.

This event will take place in Tullow Grain yards Co.Carlow,all the details can be seen in the above poster.

If anyone wants to enter their car into the show and shine contest,please email name,car make and model as well as a brief spec to: cruisearound@live.com

Would also like to say a big thanks to the people who have helped me organise this,Drift Queen,Wonker and to Dave Scotson from Mij who made this poster for me.

Firstly can I say the prices have been revised as some people complained about them even though its for charity.

This is an event for everyone and I hope you guys here will support this

Anymore questions etc pm me or mail the above address.

Simon
30-11-09, 13:34
im confused????? is it diffing or drifting or both?

Miss S15
30-11-09, 13:39
Both dude :) lol

git
30-11-09, 13:41
passanger ???:D

Miss S15
30-11-09, 14:17
Passangers in cars same as people walking due to costs of yard etc

git
30-11-09, 17:04
ha ha ahhh forget it !! :rolleyes:

Administrator
30-11-09, 17:10
Passangers in cars same as people walking due to costs of yard etc

I think he was referring to the spelling Sarah! Keep the spam down on this one lads, it's for a good cause

Mick K
30-11-09, 17:10
Now just 1 thing,I wouldnt be tight by any means but 20euro to have the head blown off ye in tullow for a half arsed show is extorsion,Charity or not.
12 or 15 quid and ye might get a crowd but lets be honest,Its hugely over priced.

And can you confirm that the full €20 is going directly to charity?

Miss S15
30-11-09, 17:44
Majority of the money yes.Cost of tullow will be taken out of the money and the rest then goes to the charity

Mick K
30-11-09, 17:47
Majority of the money yes.Cost of tullow will be taken out of the money and the rest then goes to the charity

Tullow wouldnt put up the venue for charity?

I stand by what I say tho,Its extorsion money for what will be a bitter cold day.
I'm nearly sure even MM have dropped their show prices in recent times for what would be an indoor heated venue and an action arena outdoor should you wish.

Frankae86
30-11-09, 17:57
Lot of D.I members on the poster :)

Miss S15
30-11-09, 18:21
Tullow wouldnt put up the venue for charity?

I stand by what I say tho,Its extorsion money for what will be a bitter cold day.
I'm nearly sure even MM have dropped their show prices in recent times for what would be an indoor heated venue and an action arena outdoor should you wish.

Nope said they couldnt.

MM Prices still the same.

In fairness I dont think many people would mind paying E20 to help kids out in some way I know I wouldnt personally because who know who could have a child with autistic needs in the future??

S14a johno
30-11-09, 20:54
hmmmm i mite go
but gona be very cold, also intressed how much goes to charity

Dunnedriftin
30-11-09, 21:01
I wouldnt mind paying €20 for the day in the car :D considering its for a charity!

i know the full amount wont go towards it as the yard costs so much & then prizes for show and shine...

just my 2cents!

maby reduce passengers to €10 tho, as €15 is a bit steep if you ask me as there only there 2 watch..

Also there should be a price for people who are only going with there car (driving there and parking) but not diffing / drifting or in the show & shine!

twailbait
30-11-09, 21:08
There's the main problem right there.:mad:

The poster clearly says its a diffffffiin bap bap event, yet the poster clearly has drift cars drifting.:mad:

Hence the association of drifting with diffffffin bap bap.:mad:
Its what brings the sport down in my opinion.

But i'm not complaining about the event itself cos its for a good cause.

S14a johno
30-11-09, 21:27
^^^^^^^^^^^^
spot one lad

i go for drifitng, just diffn :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

anyone from here headn

git
30-11-09, 21:30
I think he was referring to the spelling Sarah! Keep the spam down on this one lads, it's for a good cause
My bad darragh ! Free bump !:D

NIALL JZX
30-11-09, 21:56
if money goes to charity i'm sure people wont mind paying it....

an if sum money goin to prizes for people it will surely draw a crowd..
as the lads said above prices prob a little steep for passengers an all, but im sure it costs a nice few bob to rent the yard..

should be fun day though........:)

--Sinead--
30-11-09, 22:44
niall made it onto the poster, ha ha! :D

NismoNut
30-11-09, 23:12
Il b there, hopefully with an S body. was at the silvia meet n tullow a month r two ago + it was wel worth the entry price so if its for charity it definitely nt extorsion.

Miss S15
01-12-09, 14:22
Ok seems I need to clear up a few points here:

1.Entry costs are these rates for a few reasons:
a)Cost of the yard
b)Insurance costs i.e public liability

2.All the prizes for the raffle was given by the mentioned companies for free as they believed it was a worthwhile cause. Graham from PD alone has given me a half day at the academy as a prize worth E200 as a prize

3.Prices have been laid out at these prices as I personally want to make money for the charity because who know who'll have a child with Autism in the future and will need their help.
I know some people wont/dont like the prices but these are the prices end of story there are costs to cover.
I know its hard to please some people.

4.This event is for everyone both differ and drifters once you pay your entry fee you can either diff or drift which ever u want to do :)

Anymore questions for me?

Also want to say a special thanks to a few people firstly wonker and drift queen who helped me organised this,also Dave Scotson for making up the poster for me,also to all the companies involved.

m-sykes
01-12-09, 14:58
i think one passenger should be free, 20 euro in and first passenger is free and any extra is a tenner, like thats 30 euro for two in a car and drive the jammer down which will take a tank of petrol, not much dole left after that:rolleyes:

Miss S15
01-12-09, 16:19
People better start saving so :)

Mick K
02-12-09, 14:05
20euro to watch eejits do rings,Again I'd rather go down on a pre-op tranny!

Extorsion at its finest charity or not!

Sorry to be negative but I can see this being a fail!

Miss S15
02-12-09, 14:40
Thanks for your opinion.....,.

Aidan Hogan
02-12-09, 22:52
unfortunatly i wont be in the country when this is on but i wouldnt mind paying that much considering its for charity.
no need to be so negative about the prices.
yeah its a lot but its a great cause so think of that at least.
thats my view but obviously not everyone thinks the same.
i will let everyone know about it though.
hope everything goes well on the day :D

Miss S15
12-12-09, 11:28
Can everyone not the change the changes in the poster plz?
Thanks

If people still want to go down on pre op trannys now fair enuf :)

Thanks for the support Aidan

rancido64
12-12-09, 17:05
unfortunatly i wont be in the country when this is on but i wouldnt mind paying that much considering its for charity.
no need to be so negative about the prices.
yeah its a lot but its a great cause so think of that at least.
thats my view but obviously not everyone thinks the same.
i will let everyone know about it though.
hope everything goes well on the day :D

The reason i'd have an issue with the higher prices was that if you add it to the fact that you're paying for petrol, tires, food, etc for a day out as well, it starts to become overly expensive, regardless of whether it's for charity or not.

With the revised prices, i'll do my best to make it down, depends on work though.

Dunnedriftin
12-12-09, 17:21
I see you kinda took on bord of what i said about the prices..?

tbh those are fair prices now imo, so you should get a crowd down!

il try make it down, weather im in the skyline or fiesta :)

Miss S15
12-12-09, 19:08
I'll have to cover most of the cost myself.

S14a johno
12-12-09, 19:54
I'll have to cover most of the cost myself.

i wouldnt tink so, like if you get a good crowd you should break even??

Miss S15
12-12-09, 22:02
Would be hoping to alright Johno :)

barryl
13-12-09, 11:33
best off luck wit it sarah,ill try get over for bit off messing':D wit the 2010 car!

Miss S15
13-12-09, 19:18
Thanks Barry.

Whats that going to be?

Miss S15
21-12-09, 11:56
I'm going to have to postpone this till later in Jan people,reason been Tullow want 5,000 for the day even though its for charity.

Looking into getting another venue! I'll keep ye updated! :)

NIALL JZX
21-12-09, 12:05
wat 5 grand.....:eek: tight bastards

sc86
21-12-09, 12:55
I'm going to have to postpone this till later in Jan people,reason been Tullow want 5,000 for the day even though its for charity.

Looking into getting another venue! I'll keep ye updated! :)

:eek: mondello is the same price haha are they on drugs

Micko
21-12-09, 13:48
going in with an outragous price like that sounds like they dont want to host the event atall

Miss S15
21-12-09, 14:21
Thing is they work weekends as well so they'd have to stop on friday lunch time clean the place for Sat then the same again Sat evening for sunday!