PDA

View Full Version : Hella Flush III

Administrator
29-11-09, 02:06
Sparking a bit of a debate on DW, what's everyones thoughts on the scene and the cars?

http://vimeo.com/7813464

Flat Eric
29-11-09, 13:36
Wheel fitment is king, and these boys have it down to a fine art. Obviously not all of the cars are daily driven and its more of a 'show' scene but I've seen some of those cars up close and they're impressive.

The roads in the states are just as rough on lowered cars with ramps and dips at every junction so these lads really are dedicated, we've no excuse not to have this look over here apart from the price of pimp wheels .

The mat black 161 Aristo with the V8 is easily the coolest car I've come across this season.

Funnily enough, I was at a party at the Fat Lace shop and they are a pretty boring crew, not what you'd call cool by any means.I should have known soon as I saw fixie bikes all over the place :rolleyes:

s13-ste
29-11-09, 13:39
some bad ass wheel fitment in that.

the 240z is sex and the jap style porsche is cool

Administrator
29-11-09, 13:44
Wheel fitment is king, and these boys have it down to a fine art. Obviously not all of the cars are daily driven and its more of a 'show' scene but I've seen some of those cars up close and they're impressive.

The roads in the states are just as rough on lowered cars with ramps and dips at every junction so these lads really are dedicated, we've no excuse not to have this look over here apart from the price of pimp wheels .

The mat black 161 Aristo with the V8 is easily the coolest car I've come across this season.

Funnily enough, I was at a party at the Fat Lace shop and they are a pretty boring crew, not what you'd call cool by any means.I should have known soon as I saw fixie bikes all over the place :rolleyes:

Are good wheels really actually that expensive over here? Decent spec Rotas, Ultralites are over a grand and you'd easily pick up some JDM rims from Carpo for Rota monies, they mightn't be brand new but I wouldn't care as long as they're wide

I'd love to see a similar culture and scene emerging in Ireland

s13-ste
29-11-09, 13:52
man wheels are cheap as in the U.S.
your talking Rota money for a set of Works

Administrator
29-11-09, 13:58
man wheels are cheap as in the U.S.
your talking Rota money for a set of Works

Aye so I believe. But cheap wheels can be had here too, I sold my TE37s for less than I was looking for my Grids.

People here prefer to buy new wheels I think?

Flat Eric
29-11-09, 14:08
Maybe, but if your looking for that perfect a wheel fitment you will need to be ordering new to get exactly what you need/want.These boys don't do wheel spacers.

JDM wheels are still expensive over there but not quite as much as here and you don't have to wait 6 months for them since there is usually a good stock held by the US distributors.

Plus there is some US made wheels that are just as cool

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles-display.php?id=Classic

Administrator
29-11-09, 14:27
Maybe, but if your looking for that perfect a wheel fitment you will need to be ordering new to get exactly what you need/want.These boys don't do wheel spacers.

JDM wheels are still expensive over there but not quite as much as here and you don't have to wait 6 months for them since there is usually a good stock held by the US distributors.

Plus there is some US made wheels that are just as cool

http://www.ccwheel.com/files/wheelprofiles-display.php?id=Classic

Maybe, but with a decent bit of research you'd know what to look for and could wait until you found it, or just buy the wheels and make the car fit. I'd rather wait 6 months too than beating around on some weak ass Oxigens or something

mick
29-11-09, 14:58
myself, i reckon its hard to find proper cool wheels unless you troll through auction sites for hours on end. theres not enough (wel actually there might be and if there are, some one please tell me) shops or whatever that ya can go into and look through a catalogue of wheels, and give exact measurements of what you want and get em in a reasonable amount of time! i have found it hard to deal with companies on the interwebs, trying to get them to deliver to Ireland and just generally finding some bitch ass wheels!!

Romo
29-11-09, 15:18
I never really like show cars to be honest but I think some of those are well cool, above average looking daily drivers beat pimp'd out show cars anyday :rolleyes:

serious tom
29-11-09, 15:20
JDM follows USDM, we follow JDM..

mick
29-11-09, 15:23
what? too many letters ya sound like your tryin to be a jap feckin philosofiser or sumthin!

Simon
29-11-09, 16:08
that video is amazing, great editing and good sound track....

the cars are in there own class, regardless of weather there dailys or show cars, they all look amazing!!! i have got wheels from japan and the U.S and i have never waited the duration of 6months, NEVER. the longest i waited was 8 weeks and it was worth it cause ya get what ya pay for.

see that kinda of culture over her im afraid will never happen!!! i would love to see it happen..

Will
29-11-09, 16:38
Are good wheels really actually that expensive over here?

Great point....they`re not. I remember you tried shifting your SSR professors with no luck. I must admit I was shocked as they`re arguably the best 5 spoke wheel made in japan along with meisters and the lmgt4.

I had to laugh at the fella with the 4 door for taking off a set of rare Works which really suited his car and then paying €800+ for a set of rota copies to fit in with the norm, when he was so far ahead in terms of wheel choice on a nissan in Ireland.

I had a set of forged 3 piece splits (et+12) 9J and 11J with new bridgestones and I got them for €850!!!! There out there if you open your eyes!
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/willcotterGTS-t/wheelsnotyres008.jpg

I agree with your point of making them fit as thats what a lot of the cars in that video did, roll and flare and negative camber+stretch until they fit.

I think there`s a growing trend in Ireland almost worthy of the title IDM, whereby...
-you buy an s13/s14
-fit a hovercraft kit (a fake URAS copy of course)
-fit rota torques/gtr (normally white for some reason)
-put stickers on at crooked angles
-engine mods consisting of FMIC+catch tank and bee-r limiter with no remap
-big gay wing
-dildo gear knob
-paint some part of it with luminous paint
-use tie wraps as visual enhancement

and then call it a "drift spec" car.

I`ve yet to see someone in Ireland fit the Supermade instant gentleman kit which is a mystery as it`s proabably the best kit you can get for it.

mick
29-11-09, 17:06
^^^^^^paddy speccers! haha^^^^^

Simon
29-11-09, 17:13
i`ve yet to see someone in ireland fit the supermade instant gentleman kit which is a mystery as it`s proabably the best kit you can get for it.

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes.

Will
29-11-09, 17:20
^^^^^^paddy speccers! haha^^^^^

You`ve hit the nail on the head man, that`s exactly what it is. It`s as if the paddy spec "hoop that coup" brigade have moved on to nissans. It never fails to amaze me how people in this country who modify cars to be different, actually are sheep when it all boils down to it, using modifications from the "acceptable list" so there mates will say... " ah she d b a savage yoke lad, proper tyte like.

A bit like goths who rebel against society and dress differently when actually conforming to yet another clique......"oh wait whats that, I`m not the only person wearing black nail polish with 7 studs in my face".

Administrator
29-11-09, 17:21
People would be afraid to put one on cars here because you need a full package to pull off a Supermade kit, wheels, ride height etc.

Flat Eric
29-11-09, 17:22
I wouldn't agree that JDM follow USDM when the VIP scene in Japan has been doing the low offset, flush fit, stretched tire look for years.

The VW guys have been doing it possibly longer but its now becoming more main stream due to the Fat Lace crew really pushing it with vids like that.

nikkisixx69
22-12-09, 14:00
Great point....they`re not. I remember you tried shifting your SSR professors with no luck. I must admit I was shocked as they`re arguably the best 5 spoke wheel made in japan along with meisters and the lmgt4.

I had to laugh at the fella with the 4 door for taking off a set of rare Works which really suited his car and then paying €800+ for a set of rota copies to fit in with the norm, when he was so far ahead in terms of wheel choice on a nissan in Ireland.

I had a set of forged 3 piece splits (et+12) 9J and 11J with new bridgestones and I got them for €850!!!! There out there if you open your eyes!
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/willcotterGTS-t/wheelsnotyres008.jpg

I agree with your point of making them fit as thats what a lot of the cars in that video did, roll and flare and negative camber+stretch until they fit.

I think there`s a growing trend in Ireland almost worthy of the title IDM, whereby...
-you buy an s13/s14
-fit a hovercraft kit (a fake URAS copy of course)
-fit rota torques/gtr (normally white for some reason)
-put stickers on at crooked angles
-engine mods consisting of FMIC+catch tank and bee-r limiter with no remap
-big gay wing
-dildo gear knob
-paint some part of it with luminous paint
-use tie wraps as visual enhancement

and then call it a "drift spec" car.

I`ve yet to see someone in Ireland fit the Supermade instant gentleman kit which is a mystery as it`s proabably the best kit you can get for it.

dude, your speaking the truth!!! ( i have the fake uras kit and had rota d1s on it haha)

afaik supermades instant gentleman kit is really hard to get! i think theres like 3 s13s over in the uk that have the kit but i havent seen any others! so they are rare as fuck and pretty pricey!

carpo should look into putting a few on his container as they would sell in no time at all!

Bubba
22-12-09, 14:40
http://www.ravspeconline.com/shop/catalog/index.php?manufacturers_id=93

Savage vid! Not sure am i a fan of that instant gentleman kit but it is a lot better than some god awful efforts over here.

Spartacus
22-12-09, 16:52
Love this Video, the soundtrack suits it perfectly. Its by Amplive for anybody interested. He's got some other tunes aswell which are pretty cool.

I agree with Darragh, would love to see a scene like that over here. There's plenty of VW lads over here that are into fitments, offsets & lowness which could lead to something being set-up. All it takes is one person to set it up, pretty much like DriftIreland, and you've all seen how thats taken off.

Will, I am in full agreement with you. Irish people are like sheep when it comes to modifying. I set out for mine to be different and the looks & comments I get in my thing from the Civic brigade are unreal. Couldn't give a shit tbh.

Would love to see something such as F6 Squared set up here - a mix of Jap and VW's being linked together for their love of fitments and lowness.

PeterT
22-12-09, 18:30
this country fuckin sucks! as you can see in that vid we as a country fail at modyfying cars to look good! bold statement haha

tweek
22-12-09, 18:59
You`ve hit the nail on the head man, that`s exactly what it is. It`s as if the paddy spec "hoop that coup" brigade have moved on to nissans. It never fails to amaze me how people in this country who modify cars to be different, actually are sheep when it all boils down to it, using modifications from the "acceptable list" so there mates will say... " ah she d b a savage yoke lad, proper tyte like.

A bit like goths who rebel against society and dress differently when actually conforming to yet another clique......"oh wait whats that, I`m not the only person wearing black nail polish with 7 studs in my face".
there is a good bit of bandwagoning on here aswell

Simon
23-12-09, 20:30
there is a good bit of bandwagoning on here aswell

i agree, but its not just here with the silvias or with ae86, ITS JUST OUR COUNTRY. everyone is scared to try new things so they just do what the other guy did because it looked cool.

dito what pete said, WE SUCK!!!!

Joe
23-12-09, 20:41
we dont modify in ireland , we import from JDM land ready made cars .

Not many people build cars from the ground up here .

Ive done it this year with my rx , spent 10k on it and its all parts i wanted and i achieved a look a wanted to get from it all

PeterT
24-12-09, 11:42
we dont modify in ireland , we import from JDM land ready made cars .

and then put rotas on them and higher them!:D

shines14
31-12-09, 19:25
liked the 180 even tho the spoiler was wreckless and the white beemer and the rx7

CarlCF4
31-12-09, 19:45
i think some people will do it and the majority, i.e. paddy speccers will look down but fuk em

im rat lookin a cam and on ae86irl they were all shocked when i mentioned it in one post,

its the problem with the irish scene, it will change though, and when i get enough cash ill be hellaflushing my ma's car, proper, and to be honest i think it should really be called VIP as thats where it started, big ass 4doors in japan rickin serious offset camber and dish

Spartacus
01-01-10, 20:23
Rat looking an AE86 - I fucking love you!

Administrator
01-01-10, 20:25
i think some people will do it and the majority, i.e. paddy speccers will look down but fuk em

im rat lookin a cam and on ae86irl they were all shocked when i mentioned it in one post,

its the problem with the irish scene, it will change though, and when i get enough cash ill be hellaflushing my ma's car, proper, and to be honest i think it should really be called VIP as thats where it started, big ass 4doors in japan rickin serious offset camber and dish

Any pics of the cam dude?

CarlCF4
01-01-10, 20:27
none yet, keepin it hush, will be different to say the least