PDA

View Full Version : PD Rd 3 - The Aftermath

Chuck_g
09-07-12, 14:38
Again, seen as nobody has started one....here it is.

Great weekend had, epic drifting and no hangover. Strange but nice.

Started Saturday in Fermoy as i did in 2011, calm, unstressed and hyper. Took a few run's to get the course and again the car was giving me a few issues but i powered on to qualify 7th on run 1 which i was delighted with after a safe run. 2nd run i said id go all out, pulling off a first place qualifier, only to be knocked off the top spot by Francy "flat" o shea, but i dont mind as he is a great guy.....was sickened for him in top 32 as he bowed out with mechanical difficulties. My top 32 battle was fun, me and Ross Kenny aka Matt Petty having the craic before and after the battle, but seeing me through to top 16 against Kevin Kendrigan.

3rd gear on entry was grinding all day but i got over it, until up against kevo, she just wouldn't select 3rd on both runs....which saddened me big time as i felt i had a good chance on a repeat of last year :/ But got over it and signed up for Team Drift on sunday, with John "Boost" Hickey and James "Grip" Spillane :P. We were told in briefing to attempt some mad overtakes etc, mainly for crowd entertainment and we didn't fail to deliver, with John even touching me on the first run out...loved every minute. We topped the points in qualifying putting us through to the final against the sexy bhoys in team disco......first run out i crashed into the tyre wall, dazzled by mike fitz's eyes, second run, poor John met the wall he had rubbed earlier in the weekend.....:( Which put a downer on it all, but gladly he was okay and we came out victorious, second round in a row.........so happy days.........:)

Drivers of the weekend, Paul "Magic Shaft" Mccarthy :P, some man to follow and lead and everything.......bmw's are te way forward. Jimmy deane as always was on the ball, defo a favourite to watch, Gavin Lenihan, what precision like, Brain Egan, for his angle coming into clip 4, Mad Bastardson for his perfect lines, same with Adrian Walsh. Seamus walsh for his balls out driving and Nicky Hallahan for his flawless up shifts on clip 6........so many more unreal drivers, defo my favourite weekend of drifting to date.

The night out............i didn't go out :)

Roll on round 4 hi :afro:

haydomiata
09-07-12, 15:12
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.445353295497092.106081.440769275955494&type=3
heres some of the photos i took from it ive vids aswell ive just to edit them first :)

DaveZigen
09-07-12, 16:34
What a weekend! Great track! Great driving! Great Weather!

I only got two practice runs before qualifying but somehow pulled it together to qualify 19th and finish 4th in Amatuer which I couldn't believe! Got beaten by Nicky 'Flawless' Hallahan in the top 16 but I was just happy to get a battle!

It was a dramatic event which I doubt anybody could call but I reckon the story of the weekend must be how the NA boys (Paul McCarthy, Brian Egan and so on) showed horses aren't everything, awesome to watch!

I once again must complain about James Deane who constantly causes me to lose my voice in semi-final battles! Calm down! ;)

Too many top drivers and moments to mention but I'm sure I did on the mic!

And top marks to Dan Moorhead stepping in at the last minute on commentary:cool:

nicky h
09-07-12, 16:42
what a weekend im still wrecked really enjoyed the track and car went well ,
paul mccarthy what a hero !
some serious driving over the whole weekend tho ,
enjoying pd more and more every event
roll on rd 4 !

alan180sx
09-07-12, 17:04
Awesome weekend...................

my first Pd event an was delighted i qualified on saturday..

Was an epic weekend for team manfoot wit all drivers qualifyin

dR Dan
09-07-12, 18:31
How do we keep getting so lucky with the weather??? Saturday was AWESOME!

An incident with Bob Daly Friday night led me to believ it was gonna be 1 of those weekends and by god it was amazing.

Drifting drinking banter everything was nothing short of fantastic, 2 many names to mention but an epicly drunkin Saturday with every1 on top of watchin Brian Egan (My new man crush) Gavin Lenihan (delighted for him) and Paul Mac (JP must be kickin himself :) ) and 2 many others to mention.

These first 3 rounds have been nothing short of the best ever.

Iv loads of 'dR' stickers i didnt get to hand out but id love if every driver would run with them on their quarter windows... If your Irish and into driftin its for you!

Anyways roll on Tullyroan and death by wall

WHOOP!! xxx

duane-drift
09-07-12, 21:46
had a great weekend saturday went well had good practice runs some where iffy:( sunday was good until the last practice run where the tension arm decided to break on the bump on the last corner missed my first qual run got the car fixed for the 2nd pulled up to the line 1st 2nd and no 3rd the broke 3rd gear when the tension arm broke and the wheel went under the car and as far as we no that is what broke 3rd :( but other than that the track was amasing really liked it roll on tullyroan which is way to far away for me :P

K series steve
09-07-12, 22:26
what engine is in that red ae86?

nicky h
09-07-12, 22:37
It's sr20

B.Egan
10-07-12, 15:24
Well I had an amazing time! Great to get a glimpse of the top end of the scale, and hopefully I can get up there again soon. Was gutted for the Boost, and it must be said that Paul McCarthy has thrown the rulebook out the window, and shown that big budgets, big power etc isn't necessarily a must. Really shaken it up this year!

Just want to say a big thanks to Dan Moorhead for doing most of the maintenance and damage limitation work on the car lol! Wez Keating and all the WKD Imports guys for transport, support, tyre changing and all the other vital help that without I wouldn't be at the events, let alone competing on a sunday! TDP for an awesome job on the engine, friends, family etc.

B&G Extreme Drifting
10-07-12, 15:38
Had a great wkend, the level of driving is just savage.. all the top32 on sat and the every pro on the sunday, credit to ya lads it just gets better and better.
Delighted for Kev Kindergan and Shane Macken as i know these lads a bit better..
The only thing on the sat was how slow they were pullin cars of the track. 2 practice runs leaves it tough to feel good about qualifying, especially for the lads that never spectated or drove the track.
My heart goes out to John Boost Hickey, one of the top drivers in pd and a really nice chap, hope you get back motoring soon

joey banana s14
10-07-12, 18:35
sadly i wasnt competing but i learned alot by watching and seeing what ive been doing wrong in previous events, but my god what a weekend delighted for my ol buddy NIALL WHEALAN taking 3rd place in ama on his 2nd ever PD event trust me lads hes one to watch, KEV KINDEREGG what an awesome comeback was gutted he didnt make podium, DARREN COSS or 1jsoarer on here was driving insanley well all day saturday his run with git was epic, so many other drivers were flying its unreal competitive roll on tullyroan, ps session was INSANE

Moose
10-07-12, 22:02
Well wat can i say, wat an epic weekend, i had a very shaky start on saturday, just couldnt get the right line, thankfully i managed to qualify 10th i think, it all came together in the battles, made all the way to the final only to be beaten by a very fast and impressive adrian walsh,
Fixed a few problems with the car saturday evening before we left,

Then came sunday, its a whole new level competing in pro, thankfull i scraped a qualification, made a huge mess of the superlap, took the complete wrong line, got drawn against shane o sullivan in the top 16 , my god he has got some grip, there was no staying with him from the transition on, fair play to brian eagen, he done a hell of alot better against him than i did,
Cant wait for tyrone now,

The level of competition in this country is absolutly insane, big up to paul mc on taking the win, well deserved,

Huge thanks to all the pit crew for keeping me topped up on fuel n tyres for the weekend,
Roll on round 4

MissSuz
11-07-12, 13:08
What an awesome weekend , Love Fermoy.

Weather was epic , Driving was epic , Session was epic.
Great to see everyone again. Brian Egan's Driving is Awesome. Chuck and all of Team Manfoot were also on form all weekend with all of them qualifying for top 32 and then Sunday winning team drift... Poor JH :(

Roll on Tyrone ;)