PDA

View Full Version : anyone from here compete in bdc

bibby
27-11-09, 19:26
hi as my topic title, im looking to see who from here competes in the bdc
im looking to enter it next year, and would like to know if there will be anyone from this side of the water, who i can help/support and likewise!
also looking for pointers in the ways of costs, and what all i will need to do, have been on and registered to the bdc website, even got in contact with mark buckle, just looking for a bit of advice from someone who does and or is planning on competing

Greg
27-11-09, 19:33
Danni aka Evojeepgal will be the one who can help you out there.

Mick K
27-11-09, 19:38
Wez and the lads on a regular basis and will become an even more frequent thing next year iirc

sil80drifter
27-11-09, 23:24
im thinkin of goin over once or twice when i get the car finished, be cool to see some uk tracks, afaik you have to get the bdc licence or even just go over a few times for practice, andy(yowdy) is goin to do it aswell

Frankae86
27-11-09, 23:29
Andy's doin BDC?

sil80drifter
27-11-09, 23:34
Andy's doin BDC?

we were talkin about it before, ya may ask him, if he has his 13 done why not:)

Frankae86
27-11-09, 23:40
Expensive trip hey, if i make it to the north ill be doing well!

sil80drifter
27-11-09, 23:41
Expensive trip hey, if i make it to the north ill be doing well!

ah it would be cool to go over for one like, bit of an experience

Frankae86
27-11-09, 23:44
Ah yeah for sure lad, ill possibly head over to see the cars over there in person, see what all the hype is about the JZS15 :p

sil80drifter
27-11-09, 23:46
Ah yeah for sure lad, ill possibly head over to see the cars over there in person, see what all the hype is about the JZS15 :p

i was over in driftworks, s15 is some machine, it was in the dark but stil holy fook:eek:

bibby
30-11-09, 19:19
from visiting there web site, an awful lot of changes need made to my car, lights etc for one lol, ah well all for the best i guess!

Frankae86
30-11-09, 20:35
Which lights, just brake or what?

EvojeepGal
30-11-09, 21:11
Wez and the lads on a regular basis and will become an even more frequent thing next year iirc

Wez didnt compete in the BDC this year, him and the boys only did the Open in which the BDC ran as an open competition to everyone including those that dont hold a BDC licence.

To compete in BDC u need:

1) A licence, you MUST attend a licence day in the UK, if you attend a licence day and u dont achieve a licence, you aint goin to compete in the BDC in 2010!

2) You gotta be up at midnight on the given day to pay for your place for the 2010 season if u get a licence. as its a rat race for places to compete once midnight strikes of the date given thats open for entries.

3) Get your car to pro spec, to be safe and not have to worry bout hi-cups within the year.

4) There IS semi pro twin battles in 2010 (Top 8)

5) Passengers are allowed in cars on most tracks so its advisable to have a hard back seat and harness passenger side.

6) If your lucky enough to get paid up and into round 1, if for regardless of any reason u miss a round, you are put to the end of the reserve list and you are 110% sure you wont get into another 2010 round ;)
So in other words, u miss a round and your out!

Cost varies depending where in Irealnd your coming from, and which track in UK your going to.

Its been discussed if theres 5/6cars competing in BDC next year, that there will be a truck organised to take cars and spares etc along with maybe a mini bus for drivers/passengers, this all depends on how many would be interested in this if its cost efficient for everyone, and from experience its defo more pennies saved in the long run.

Prices for this would vary from €250 - €500 (which also includes driver +1 transport)per car depending again on where the tracks are in the UK etc.
Boat alone for van/jeep + trailer this year was £260 (sterling) return, + fuel + extra passengers.

Aside everything, its the best championship ive competed in, so much banter, craic and athmosphere between everyone. It is known as the drivers championship and without a doubt it lives up to its title, its the best thing i did this year:D

bart
30-11-09, 21:16
Andy's doin BDC?

yea we doing a few rounds all going well ted..
have a great deal with the boat..
so its not costing us huge money...
shir ya might be involved one the weekends with us;)

s13-ste
01-12-09, 02:10

1, you have to get a BDC licence first(not doubting andy can skid, but its pot luck with the midnight payment for a licence)

2, any drifting weekend away is ALWAYS going to cost more than here

anyway best of luck with the BDC season, it will be good to see more iridh getting in there.

BDC by far the best champion ship in europe

bibby
01-12-09, 18:48
Which lights, just brake or what?

all lights must be fitted to the vehicle and working apparently, as does the horn, wipers also

pro rules and regulations, including build specifications can be found here
http://www.thebritishdriftchampionship.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7

semi pro rules and regulations including build specs here
http://www.thebritishdriftchampionship.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6

EvojeepGal
01-12-09, 19:16
I think there will be amendments made to the semi pro regulations for next year, dont think they've been updated yet;)

SWRC Wayne
02-12-09, 22:26
And you guys say BC is too far away :rolleyes: Some damn fine venues on the BDC calendar though. Not a luxury we have over here!

Frankae86
02-12-09, 22:30
shir ya might be involved one the weekends with us;)

All going well ill just be able to afford the irish rounds lad :)
But ill possobly head over with ye for support and tips :D

EvojeepGal
03-12-09, 14:24
I only committed to BDC this year as it worked out cheaper for me than doing D-rift, between splitting the cost of the truck with someone, being able to sleep in the truck at the events instead of hotel etc it worked out even cheaper on some of the rounds compared to a wk end in Cork:D

Going with trailer though and one car is going to be more expensive

bart
03-12-09, 14:39
I only committed to BDC this year as it worked out cheaper for me than doing D-rift, between splitting the cost of the truck with someone, being able to sleep in the truck at the events instead of hotel etc it worked out even cheaper on some of the rounds compared to a wk end in Cork:D

thats why we've a truck there for 3 cars;)
copying you:p:p

EvojeepGal
03-12-09, 14:49
3 sleeping in a truck will be cosy:rolleyes:

grimix180
06-01-10, 03:05
i mite possibly do it depending on work

podge
06-01-10, 13:28

splitting the cost a the truck my bollox more like getting other people to pay and then not paying them back :mad:

EvojeepGal
06-01-10, 13:34
And u expect me to pay for the damage u did to my truck?

podge
06-01-10, 13:36
And u expect me to pay for the damage u did to my truck?

excuse me i tried fixing your truck when it broke down in england yes or no not my fault it broke down or the gearbox or back axle was falling outta it

EvojeepGal
06-01-10, 13:42
That wasnt the problem and u know it, your the one who knew it all and wrung the nut on the injectors, even after me telling u it was the wrong way of doing it. In fact u actually owe me money.

The call out was £80 and to replace the pipe in Iveco was €92 + vat. The curtain rail also needs replacing where u pulled it out of the roof and laughed about it.

Chuck_g
06-01-10, 13:45
Jesus..........Not the Place for it Lads!

podge
06-01-10, 13:46
That wasnt the problem and u know it, your the one who knew it all and wrung the nut on the injectors, even after me telling u it was the wrong way of doing it. In fact u actually owe me money.

The call out was £80 and to replace the pipe in Iveco was €92 + vat. The curtain rail also needs replacing where u pulled it out of the roof and laughed about it.

i rung the nut but the truck was in no fit state to travel to england as it wasnt proberly fixed as it had tat problem previously and wasnt fixed also if were going tit for tat like tat u owe me near another 200 for my phone bill ringing looking to try get it fixed

EvojeepGal

Exactly my thoughts :rolleyes:

podge

well if she wont answer a phone or pms it is the place chuck

Chuck_g
06-01-10, 13:48
Point taken, not my business! Start a Thread :)