PDA

View Full Version : Few questions about an mx-5

gone0-60mph
26-11-09, 16:23
Well fellows, I am contemplating buying a cheapo mark 1 mx-5. Just have a few questions.

1. Its the 1.6 dohc version, what type of power? what do they slide like etc?
2. I have read they are very very small inside? Could I manage? I am just over 6ft.
3. How are they to take a bit of abuse etc?
4. How hard is it to get after market parts for?
5. Any thing to look out for with them? Its a jap import with 120,000km.
6. What wheel fitment are they?

I have done searches etc and couldn find anything.

Thanks for the help....

mick
26-11-09, 17:28
not sure on power on the 1.6 but i think there about 120brake ish twailbait is the lad to talk to on here.

they slide lovely in the wet anyways.....

there grand inside, everything in nice position an lovely driving position!ni dont think there too small, im just over six foot aswel and they seem grand.

engines are bulletproof, wil take lots of abuse! rest of the runing gear is strong aswel as far as i know.

lots of bits and pieces to be had for them on ebay and all! some really cool bits for them.

id say your safe enough with a jap import, if it was english, obviously rust would be an issue, give it a quick look underneath anyways to make sure, feck all metal in it as it is, ya dont want any less!

weel fitment is 4x100 same as civics, beemers, and vdubs etc

hope dats some help

nixon001
26-11-09, 18:18
this is timmy on aarons computer!!
€They are a savage little car, bullet proof engines and great fun to slide.
120 brake, slide in the wet or dry!
Ring me on 086 8463532, would contemplate selling mine v-special model,leather interior, lsd, coilovers,nice wide wheels and mint!! very cheap!!

mick
26-11-09, 18:19
this is timmy on aarons computer!!
€They are a savage little car, bullet proof engines and great fun to slide.
120 brake, slide in the wet or dry!
Ring me on 086 8463532, would contemplate selling mine v-special model,leather interior, lsd, coilovers,nice wide wheels and mint!! very cheap!!

wtf you on about???

blusrule
26-11-09, 18:23
I have the drift bible DVD which has Keiichi Tsuchiya and this is the only car that he spins in it! Ment to be a cunt according to him for spinning out

nixon001
26-11-09, 19:01
I have the drift bible DVD which has Keiichi Tsuchiya and this is the only car that he spins in it! Ment to be a cunt according to him for spinning out

This is twail again!

No there grand, iv only spun mine yoke out a couple of times when i was acting the prat! Very good handling car. Really balanced.

And you can bolt on a turbo without any engine work.!nice!

mick
26-11-09, 19:24
aaaah i see

gone0-60mph
27-11-09, 09:18
This is twail again!

No there grand, iv only spun mine yoke out a couple of times when i was acting the prat! Very good handling car. Really balanced.

And you can bolt on a turbo without any engine work.!nice!

Just sent you a text there mate. Would have to be very cheap but sure we will see anyways. Has anybody else got any experience with them?

gone0-60mph
27-11-09, 10:12
http://www.driftworks.com/forum/media-section/75186-pic-request-mx-5s.html

Fuck it!! After looking at that thread I am sold! Hopefully collect it in the morning! Now to try and insure it for the day. Should be fun haha! Any body any 2nd hand xxr's or coil overs for sale?

andy t
27-11-09, 12:06
thats da job,
let us know how it goes,

id say they are a mad little yoke to slide.....

twailbait
27-11-09, 20:07
thats da job,
let us know how it goes,

id say they are a mad little yoke to slide.....

They certainly are! Great craic. There just a twin cam without a roof!

OPTIMUS CRIME
29-11-09, 01:43
Mx-5's are a great little car, The were voted drivers car of the year loads of times. Either the 1.6 or 1.8 models are a cool car altogether. The 1.6 can be fitted with a turbo very easily & cheaply. And the 1.8 has better suspension arms and a torsion diff. A great car.

P.s, why the fuck are people refering to cars as 'yokes' on here all the time, you'd swear it was amphetamine anonomous or something. Twats:confused:

gone0-60mph
30-11-09, 10:01
Hate when people are selling cars and wont answer phone or reply to texts when you have already agreed to meet them :mad::mad::mad::mad:

mick
30-11-09, 10:41
P.s, why the fuck are people refering to cars as 'yokes' on here all the time, you'd swear it was amphetamine anonomous or something. Twats:confused:

shut the fuck up!

Simon
30-11-09, 11:17

someone gets annoyed easily!!! ba ha!

OPTIMUS CRIME
30-11-09, 17:38
shut the fuck up!

How about no!

someone gets annoyed easily!!! ba ha!

No, actually I dont get annoyed easily, I just don't tolerate idiots.

mick
30-11-09, 18:05
optimus, have a nice life, you have failed. take a chill pill and dont dig anymore!

OPTIMUS CRIME
30-11-09, 18:33
optimus, have a nice life, you have failed. take a chill pill and dont dig anymore!

Nail on the head there buddy, I have failed by logging onto this site, ye seem to have your own little clique of arse-lickers 'bigging' each other up at every opertunity.
It looks like I'm not able for the phrases "She's mint" and the "mad yokes in the wet", and peoples sigs which to me are enigmas due to their illiteracy. Thanks for the well wishes though I will most certainly have a nice life, I wont be seeing you around.

mick
30-11-09, 19:57
probly best not to come on ranting then. dont really accept your point to be honest. i dont like all this lad bollix either. but to come on callin people twast straight away is a bit rash really isnt it! contribute a bit more and mabie then bring up your complaints a little more gently and you might be a bit happier with the response

bnollie
30-11-09, 20:38
probly best not to come on ranting then. dont really accept your point to be honest. i dont like all this lad bollix either. but to come on callin people twast straight away is a bit rash really isnt it! contribute a bit more and mabie then bring up your complaints a little more gently and you might be a bit happier with the response

Right on:cool:

twailbait
30-11-09, 21:12
I absolutely hate all this 'lad', 'ted', 'she's mint' shit too, I'v tried to keep it to myself as much as I can, but there's only so much of it i can take. Please learn how to speak the Queens glorious language correctly lad, its not hard ted.

OPTIMUS CRIME
30-11-09, 23:13

I was not ranting mate, I answered a question in a thread as I had done lots of research into the car in question, and driven both types, so I thought I would share my own experiences.
I then commented on how people,(who had made no contribution to the topic whatsoever) had degraded the subject altogether. IMO these fools post utter tripe for the sake of it. Hence why I aptly called them "twats"
On the other point you made about me contributing, I will say this, I was a registered member on the old site (non vbulletin, cant remember what it's called) and registered on here as soon as it was up and running. I do not claim to be a drift god and know everything about drifting, so I dont post on every topic (unlike some). That is all I was stressing.

mick
01-12-09, 10:28
ugh, i dont even give a shit anymore. just try keep it nicer in future. now lets stop spamming this lads thread

Davie
01-12-09, 11:02
ugh, i dont even give a shit anymore. just try keep it nicer in future. now lets stop spamming this lads thread

well said TED,back on topic,mx5's are the SHIT with DISHU and PULL really well:D

gone0-60mph
01-12-09, 11:32
well said TED,back on topic,mx5's are the SHIT with DISHU and PULL really well:D

Pity the fella I was suppose to be buying the car off turned his phone off on Saturday :mad: anybody know any uber cheap ones for sale?

twailbait
01-12-09, 22:57
Pity the fella I was suppose to be buying the car off turned his phone off on Saturday :mad: anybody know any uber cheap ones for sale?

My one!!!!!!!!