PDA

View Full Version : safety requirements...how stringent?

PeterT
26-11-09, 01:21
Just wondering, whats the story with level of safety-ness with regards to tracking stuff, some places want ya to have a cage and all that, mondello dont want scrappers....whats the story with convertibles??

any advice, thumbs up!

Pete

Greg
26-11-09, 01:27
Mondello want the car to be not spewing fluids everywhere, but that's it. No cage required. The same story with WGH and Goldstone. Up North don;t want scrappers as they are trying to improve the scene.

Stevo
26-11-09, 01:30
up north will let me use the omega :D Once it goes and has'nt got shit fallen off anything goes:confused::confused:

PeterT
26-11-09, 01:31
i see. but surely there might be eyebrows raised if theres a convertible no?!

Stevo
26-11-09, 01:36

Yes but only if ya drive to fast with the hood down :o:o sorry!!!:D

SUPER 180
26-11-09, 01:37

No man they wouldnt give a fook!!
there does be so meny cars there they do be just trying
to keep things runin smoothly..
there does be a green 520 their the odd time a
and its a bucket!!:D so if that can get on id say nearly anytin can...

Greg
26-11-09, 01:39
I don't know. Is a convertible much more dangerous than a car with no cage?? I rmemeber somebody enquiring about that before and Mondello had no problem with it. You're buying a convertible and trying to disguise what you really want to know into a general question to try and confuse us. I'm guessing you graduated recently. :p

PeterT
26-11-09, 01:42
Is a convertible much more dangerous than a car with no cage??

emmm, yes!!? upside down, head...squash!

i see. still trying to find me a some track wrecker!

Greg
26-11-09, 01:46
Ya but car with no cage and head squash also. The only thing supporting the roof is two more pillars. There's not a whole lot of support there. So, convertible = head squash and tarmac burn. Normal car = head squash and no burn.

SUPER 180
26-11-09, 01:51
Prob get this for about 400

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1067885
or this

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1046988
or

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1046988

PeterT
26-11-09, 01:52
well ya never know, they mightnt be insurance covered for burns :D

Greg
26-11-09, 01:59
Chicks dig scars though. the smart money is on a convertible. :D

mick
26-11-09, 09:27
dont think theres much difference flippin a convertable to a hardtop with no cage, and speed atall and your a gonner. never heard anything about no convertibles for things.... actually, i know for a fact that mondello and kirkstown allow them cuz ive seen convertibles witgh no cages at trackdays at both

Aidan Hogan
26-11-09, 11:35
for starters do we really have the weather for having the roof down ??
:(
and also even if ya had a cage in a convertible you would want ta be strapped in verrrrrrrrrry tight cause if you flip it theres no roof to stop the head scrapping haha

will_c
26-11-09, 11:50
cage it for strength!if ya look around the sxoc theres a chopped s13 i thinks real ratty yoke used for drifting in the us..