PDA

View Full Version : WANTED Tramp drifter

Derk
24-11-09, 22:43
I wanna do the drift practice day on the 13th, anyone know of any cheap 5 series for sale? I've got a 1990 535 already that needs a bit of work so i'm lookin for a donor car. A small bit of cash waiting! :D

rancido64
24-11-09, 23:11
My omega, she's a pig but she'll do the job.
Powersteering is tempremental, drinks alot of water. Thermostat's taken out and diff's welded. NCT till sometime next year (i forget when exactly, a good few months though).

Other than that she's grand. €350 takes her.

Derk
24-11-09, 23:17
Powersteering is tempremental, drinks alot of water. Thermostat's taken out and diff's welded. NCT till sometime next year (i forget when exactly, a good few months though).

What engine?

cork kouki
24-11-09, 23:18

What is the prob with it drinkin water (headgasket?)
Any idea how much nct is on it, roughly? what size engine is in it? What year is it?
I may be interested, for a hatchet daily:D

rancido64
24-11-09, 23:22
What is the prob with it drinkin water (headgasket?)
Any idea how much nct is on it, roughly? what size engine is in it? What year is it?
I may be interested, for a hatchet daily:D

2.0 16v engine, i thought the head might be gone but i thought when the HG went she'd be overheating all the time and she doesn't at all (unless you go for a few too many rings :rolleyes:), drove her as is for 2 months and never bothered looking into it as i was looking for an e30. Just as soon as the temp gauge starts rising, have to shut her off and check if she needs more water.
She's a 98. NCT there's at least 3 months, i think there's a fair bit more than that but i'm not 100% sure so won't go getting your hopes up lol
Powersteering, i think the pump's just on it's way out but i was never arsed changing it.

Oh yeah, spare wheels too.

Derk
24-11-09, 23:28
I drive a 97 one with same engine as my road car, it'll drift on a greasy roundabout no bother but cant imagine there bein enough power for the likes of Mondello? Where have u drifted it?

cork kouki
24-11-09, 23:28
2.0 16v engine, i thought the head might be gone but i thought when the HG went she'd be overheating all the time and she doesn't at all (unless you go for a few too many rings :rolleyes:), drove her as is for 2 months and never bothered looking into it as i was looking for an e30. Just as soon as the temp gauge starts rising, have to shut her off and check if she needs more water.
She's a 98. NCT there's at least 3 months, i think there's a fair bit more than that but i'm not 100% sure so won't go getting your hopes up lol
Powersteering, i think the pump's just on it's way out but i was never arsed changing it.

Oh yeah, spare wheels too.

ok cool man, il ring the insurance man tomorrow nd get a quote, nd i will get back ta ya:)

rancido64
25-11-09, 00:04
I drive a 97 one with same engine as my road car, it'll drift on a greasy roundabout no bother but cant imagine there bein enough power for the likes of Mondello? Where have u drifted it?

Was down at stonies, there's vids somewhere of it doing the business. She will go out in the dry on a roundabout with a bit of a weight shift and a clutch kick. Nice and easy in the wet though.

ok cool man, il ring the insurance man tomorrow nd get a quote, nd i will get back ta ya:)

no bother dude, drop me a PM whenever :)

derek
25-11-09, 00:23
have an e30 325 here. Full weld in cage and stripped, bucket seat, E36 steering rack, 4:3 CWP and welded diff, vertical Hydraulic Handbrake, dishy wheels with slicks up front, massive 7 series rad, fully serviced, all oils changed and new spark plugs, new sump. ready to go to new home €1000 no less, dont bother trying to negotiate

Derk
25-11-09, 10:27
have an e30 325 here. Full weld in cage and stripped, bucket seat, E36 steering rack, 4:3 CWP and welded diff, vertical Hydraulic Handbrake, dishy wheels with slicks up front, massive 7 series rad, fully serviced, all oils changed and new spark plugs, new sump. ready to go to new home €1000 no less, dont bother trying to negotiate

Its a good price for the work and the stuff thats gone in2 it but a bit more than i wanted to spend, thanks anyway lad.

Derk
25-11-09, 10:32
[QUOTE=rancido64;44830]Was down at stonies, there's vids somewhere of it doing the business. She will go out in the dry on a roundabout with a bit of a weight shift and a clutch kick. Nice and easy in the wet though.

I suppose with a welded diff they'd step out handy yeah... Cheers lad, i'll get back to ya shortly :)

rancido64
25-11-09, 10:42
yeah no bother :)

Derk
25-11-09, 15:25
Bump for edited thread!

booter
25-11-09, 23:28

any pics? where abouts ar ya?

derek
26-11-09, 01:34
any pics? where abouts ar ya?

pm sent................