View Full Version : baveria city racing

drifter kid
03-06-12, 21:59
legal drifting on the streets of dublin and rings on oconell bridge what evrey 1 think !!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Damien
04-06-12, 00:03
Heard plenty of good reviews of the prodrift lads, good publicity to show the skill in controling the cars in a tight area, Showcases their talent to those who only saw drifting as a wild kinda form of Motorsport. especially when you see the ferrari drivers and their 5 point turns. the monster team werent meant to have been as good from what I heard.

Richie200sx
04-06-12, 11:22
The f1 cars were fuckin mental, the noise of them ha!! Prodrift lads put on a good show, they broke down aswel as the drift cars do haha!!!

ciandon
04-06-12, 11:25
I saw somewhefe that Buttsy had a bit of an accident and took the bumper off but still the lads I know that went up were blown away by James Deane, Mulvey and Brendan Stone. Nice vid on youtube of the 3 lads doing a tricolour burnout which looks class but id say they'd have a nice job getting the dye off the cars. Also, loads of people got flahed over the expensive tickets. Paid 150 euro to see the back of a few cars and get seats that were up so high they could hardly see a thing

copeyhagen
04-06-12, 11:37
4 door r34 hit the back f the s15 just before samuel beckett bridge and had his bumper taken off, the red rx7 also lost a ear bumper clippin the barrier near the end

KerryKid1JZ
04-06-12, 11:53
Did they acctually do any drifting, from what I have read/watched they went up and down a straight, done a few rings and a burnout.

copeyhagen
04-06-12, 12:39
bavaria racing dublin, caterham f1 car doing doughnuts - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TusaMCUCZGE)
bavaria racing dublin 2012, prodrift cars part 1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t7_oqvE2PA)
bavaria racing dublin 2012, prodrift cars part 2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkzt_ZNb7b8)

from the paddock, it was just a straight so diffing and twinning messing around but as far as i know they were drifting the bends towards college green and that

s15_spec_r
04-06-12, 12:58
personally i thought it was a loada shite, got free tickets to it and im glad because if i paid money to see it i woulda been awful depressed, a load of rings in front of the main stands and a bit of sliding down the streets, sure it was so slippy and tight they could harldy go balls out, not the drivers fault i just imagined it would have been an awful lot better,

fitzer
04-06-12, 13:25
monster trailer was whopper :D

hoopsbhoy
04-06-12, 14:36
Thought it was a load of shit to be honest. Nice to hear the noise of f1 car alright.

Pro drift lads got the biggest cheers and people sitting beside me were very impressed. They never even heard of drifting before.

The lads drifted the bend I seen anyway. James and Adrian in particular came close to a bit of wall rubbing.

Razzer
04-06-12, 15:43
I thought it was good. I started out upstairs in Lafayette's and Made my way down to jury's inn custom house. The yellow twinner drifting the straight from jury's to the paddock on its last few runs was cool looking. Only 1 at that time doing it.
I heard there was issues with people in the paddock seating not been able to get access to the pit and not been able to see any cars because the stand was to high.

drifter kid
04-06-12, 19:55
Agree with most comments so far won't repeat them what I will say though waz considering buying tickets and am glad I didn't as felt all I would have seen is cars doing rings and felt I had much more fun walking round seeing different corners etc EVEN SAW Button pull o slide on college green corner felt so annoyed though when I read the report in the paper and drifting wasn't mentioned as I felt the drifters got one of the best reactions and really keept the show together All and all great for the sport in general and felt many people who didn't respect drifting in general have been converted great event:D

supernova
04-06-12, 20:41
There was definitely more than just some donuts, the drifters did pretty well I thought considering the narrowness of the track layout.

CollegeGreenDrifting - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnrA6xaonS8&feature=relmfu)

drifter kid
04-06-12, 20:48
So annoyed I left there with like an hour and a half left we on that corner for like four hours and all :(