PDA

View Full Version : Wheel alignment R32

Krystian
02-06-12, 18:48
hey there ive recently installed s13 subframe and adj. front tension rods (have r33 front LCA's) now im thinking its time for a wheel alignment basically i want to know what would be a good spec for front and rear for a drift setup

Dunnedriftin
02-06-12, 18:55
you got any adjustiable arms? Front & rear camber arms would be a big help on the r32..

Wez @ WKD Imports does top notch Alignment & can also supply you with Driftworks adjustable arms at very good prices!!

He did all the suspension work on my R32 and made it a total different car to drive.

Krystian
02-06-12, 18:58
no i dont have any aftermarket arms :/ only r33 front lcas and adj. front tension rods

Dunnedriftin
02-06-12, 19:01
no i dont have any aftermarket arms :/ only r33 front lcas and adj. front tension rods

S13 rear camber arms will work on it, it will increase your grip level but also your tires will last longer because they will wear evenly insted of just the inside!

Front camber arms can be expensive but there worth it!

Krystian
03-06-12, 11:54
Any idea how to set up alignment

Neil K
03-06-12, 12:25
Take it to Wez at WKD imports he can advise you on settings and do the alignment.

If he is too far away take it to a reputable tyre depot with a computerised 4 wheel alignment equipment

Rough settings would be

Front

Camber

Toe

Rear
Camber

Toe

This is roughly what I would set your car to but it all depends on your cars power, lock, setup and drifting experience, as you can tweak each settings to suit

harasio
04-06-12, 22:48
What about castor and i read in a lot of articules that rear axel should have a small toe out

Neil K
04-06-12, 23:52
Toe out will decease grip toe in will increase grip on the rear.

Castor I would set around 7.60

Castor effects your steering return . Ie when you let go of the wheel, how quickly it returns to centre