PDA

View Full Version : R33 R32 steering rack

Darenm
01-06-12, 11:33
just need 2 know will a r33 rack fit a 32 or are they different??

AndrewR32
01-06-12, 11:37
apparently they're different, and your wheels will turn too much

Dunnedriftin
01-06-12, 11:49
I put a s13 rack into mine :) got a bit more lock aswell..

Darenm
01-06-12, 11:54
shit forgot if i put in a 33 or s13 rack il have 2 change pump aswell wont i??

Dunnedriftin
01-06-12, 12:03
shit forgot if i put in a 33 or s13 rack il have 2 change pump aswell wont i??

Yeah you will need to get a RB25 non hicas pump & the powersteering pump bracket. Also you will need a new shorter ps belt, 3PK850 i think? id have to double check that

Also you will need the powersteering pipe lines modified, the inlet on the S13 rack is different to a RB rack... it can be done but difficult :) i did it and it works..

slithertooth
01-06-12, 12:30
Done a few of them, can keep or loose hicas pump, rack is a straight fit just use your own tie and track rods, have lines and pump if ye need em, if your using non hicas pump best to change crank pulley, gimme a bell if your stuck

Dunnedriftin
01-06-12, 13:14
Done a few of them, can keep or loose hicas pump, rack is a straight fit just use your own tie and track rods, have lines and pump if ye need em, if your using non hicas pump best to change crank pulley, gimme a bell if your stuck

did you take the vanes out of the back of the pump and just bolt it back up or did you split a SR pump and stick the back of it onto the hicas pump?

your really best off changing the pump!! iv been down that road, its trouble just waiting to happen...! Its also a better job without all the shite of the hicas pump, better off with the non hicas pump!

No really need to change the crank pully, a 3 rip belt will be grand on it, iv had no issues yet & ask anybody that knows my car, iv had awful trouble with the steering for a while! its eventually sorted now..

slithertooth
01-06-12, 13:44
did you take the vanes out of the back of the pump and just bolt it back up or did you split a SR pump and stick the back of it onto the hicas pump?

your really best off changing the pump!! iv been down that road, its trouble just waiting to happen...! Its also a better job without all the shite of the hicas pump, better off with the non hicas pump!

No really need to change the crank pully, a 3 rip belt will be grand on it, iv had no issues yet & ask anybody that knows my car, iv had awful trouble with the steering for a while! its eventually sorted now..

Never used s body stuff on em colm, keep it rb and your up easy street, usually swap the hicas out for a 25 pump, prob only swapped crank pulley as i didn't have a belt to suit, i'd use anything lying about before paying out for stuff :p

Darenm
01-06-12, 14:34
Never used s body stuff on em colm, keep it rb and your up easy street, usually swap the hicas out for a 25 pump, prob only swapped crank pulley as i didn't have a belt to suit, i'd use anything lying about before paying out for stuff :p

well as ku know iv the hicas gone for a s13 subframe i blocked up the pipes instead od looping them now my rack is after shitting its self

whats the best way around it rory 25 pump and rack ya??

Dunnedriftin
01-06-12, 16:10

I dont have many spares :/ Yeah the 25 pump is the only job for it! I need to fit a cooler to mine and thats all, she does boil up a bit still!