PDA

View Full Version : PD Rd 2 - The Aftermath

Chuck_g
28-05-12, 18:08
This is an Aftermath Thread................As there is none.....!!

Proceed! :)

eejit
28-05-12, 18:13
Sunburn.

That is all.

Deco84
28-05-12, 18:18
V8 yellow Beemer = win

nikkisixx69
28-05-12, 18:20
I never want to meet chuck g in a nightclub bathroom again :P

Foxyfenlon
28-05-12, 18:24
2nd the sunburn and i'll add....
FUCKING EPIC!!!!
The team drift looked like serious craic too

podgedun
28-05-12, 18:27
Your run by the wall chuck on the last run of the team drift was unreal!!

DaveZigen
28-05-12, 18:38
My God did I need today to recover!

Savage weekend although I was dissapointed not to qualify as the box and clutch had enough by qualifying and blew second at the last turn on run 2,oh well!

Delighted for Brian to be continuing his good form and the level of driving in all classes made the commentary so easy with plenty to talk about!

Great weekend for the sport!:cool:

haydomiata
28-05-12, 18:55
3rd the sunburn 3 day in that heat is hard to do but was so worth it got half an hour sleep on friday morning in the vn cse we only got the car finished by 4.30am but thats life :)

skinnynphats200
28-05-12, 19:03
Great weekend! The track was brilliant and the quality of driving was top class. Burnt to a crisp!

Was very dissapointed not to qualify, was struggling with too much grip and let off the throttle a little and straightened on the last turn on my second qualifying run! Experience gained though which is the main thing

Congrats to Paul Murphy on the win, well deserved, was on fire!

Chuck_g
28-05-12, 19:28
Well i had a fun weekend.

Regarding the drifting side i had a laugh but didn't massively enjoy it as my car was misfiring up in the high revs and worst part was it was doing it the worst when the big bend came up. As for the track, was truly awesome, from a driver and spectator perspective. Loved watching the big hp cars smoking past the tower. Drivers of the weekend for me were Chris Brady, just a pure madman, great attitude toward it all, Paul Mc Carthy, just his twinning, pure aggression in an M3, Paul Murphy, again with the whole good attitude and his super lap was gonna be deadly, Nicky Hallahan, just great fun to watch, shane o sullivan for the pure sound and smoke :) Pretty much all the usual suspects putting on a great show.........

Regarding the social aspect......i wasn't as drunk as usual but still enjoyed some mild nudity and face licking. Its amazing how different a Pro Driver & an Ama Driver taste :) Must give a huge shout to the hotel fella walking in the corridor that couldn't give a shite with the craic we were having.....he even played a trick on the ppl in my room....mental fella :)

Big thanks to all my crew, Niall, Keith, Eoin, Susan, all the CAC crew, Chris Martina, Garry Sweeney and James Spillane for being awesome at Team Drifting and everyone else who helped and had the craic......

Also thanks to my Sponsors, http://www.facebook.com/f1transportationservices, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carraigtwohill-Auto-Centre/214319351930849 & Bandon Quickfit.

PS Nickysx8646380026794726904...............Some plant on ya!!! :)

Greg
28-05-12, 19:32
About time one of these was put up. Honestly, that was the best weekend I have ever had in my life to do with cars. Everything about it was amazing, the weather, the people, the cars, the team, the track, everything. Even when my driving was shite I was still having a ball.

For my first event it was a massive eye opener and really proved to me that all the expense, lack of sleep, and stress were more than worth it. And to be given the chance to drive on the Sunday in the team drift was unreal. I've never laughed as much or smiled so hard and all it took was to drive balls out with three other guys while aiming to run along a barrier for what felt like ages. Team Drift ftmfw!!!!

The only problems I had were the toe arms on the back loosening during a couple of runs and during the Team Drift comp, denting a rear quarter and busting a light. Other than that the car ran great, well, once it had decent-ish tyres on the back, which it didn't have for my qualifying runs.Next step for the car is to actually get the rear toe arms tightened properly and aligned and get the get the car tracked. Fuck raising it up because it looks cool being low and wide. :)

Not going to type anymore, because that's half an essay. :D Oh, Pat Masterson running the wall every run, and the battle between Duane and James were the moments of the weekend. Awesome.

barry180
28-05-12, 19:36
was a good 3 days of it and as for the weather bring on a few more weekends like that:)i had two sickening qualifyin runs hit 5th gear instead of 3rd in the two runs in the same place due to a dirty quickshifter that loves 5th gear so out it with it and a big thanks to john curran wkd imports for the surclip to hold down the gearstick to get out for the team drift sunday roll on fermoy

Chuck_g
28-05-12, 19:40
Oh, Pat Masterson running the wall every run

Mad Basterdson is awesome :) Some wall rubbin :o

B.Egan
28-05-12, 19:42
I got a trophy and a serious tan so happy out!! Bit disappointed in a way I didn't make it further on Saturday, but we just couldnt stetch the 195s onto the 9.5 Works, and so had to go out on badly worn tyres for the top 8. I'd say Francis would have been too good for me anyway, but would have liked to have given it a better shot.

Getting to drive on sunday was brilliant though, and lining up for pro practice made my weekend. Just missed out on qualifying by 1 point I think and came 18th. Got a good score off the judges but must have had too much angle on entry, as I lost 5 points for speed, and made a bit of a mess of my 2nd effort.

Pleasure battling Chucky (despite his mind games ha :)), and it was a pity Diarmaid O Connell had a problem with his tyre in our first run, as he was flying all weekend, and I would have loved to have had a straight up battle to the death with him, whereas I kind of backed off for the second run once I knew I was ahead.

Standard of driving all weekend was amazing though, and it was great to see alot of people who deserve a bit of luck having really good weekends, like Shane Macken for example who seemed to be flying it. Pat Masterson and Paul Murphy were massively impressive too.

nicky h
28-05-12, 19:43
i had an awesome weekend some serious driving by all ,
didnt enjoy running the wall (literally) saturday evening but only broke a tension rod so was blessed to say the least ,
round 3 will be fun

juice
28-05-12, 19:54
serious weekend, memory wouldn't be great but I'm sure there was plenty of shite talk and equally as many over exuberant dance moves, fun though haha

MrMagoo
28-05-12, 20:10
Waking up Sunday morning wondering why the fuck is there footprints on the ceiling!!!
And then remembering Pro flip the night before off the top of the tv stand!

Epic weekend, oh and the drifting wasnt half bad either! Roll on round 3!!! Home Turf!

hoopsbhoy
28-05-12, 20:18
After every event I struggle to get my head around how awesome the Irish are at drifting. I cant wait to have my own car ready and get my arse out on track.

I spent qualifying standing just to the left of the tower and it was nothing short of frightening to see cars coming around that bend and towards you, I must admit I made a few very girly jumps when James clipped it with his spoiler.

So many drivers seemed to be going balls out for that clip, it was amazing to watch. Also big up to semi pro drivers on the sunday, amazing driving.

Duane and James battle was one of the highlights, so so close on most of the track.

Big up to team manfoot as well.

Diffchick
28-05-12, 20:53
This is an Aftermath Thread................As there is none.....!!

Proceed! :)

Awesome weekend,never saw driving like it,never saw so much wall rubbing in all my life either.I am still spitting rubber...lol,sunburn still sore too:cool:,but so worth every minute,I am going to be editing pics til the cows come home.Amazballs driving by all.... Roll on Round 3:D

nicknack
28-05-12, 20:55
My god what a weekend!!

Irish drifting has just stepped up yet another notch on what was nothing short of amazing in Ennis.

Absolutely savage driving was shown all weekend. I have some savage vids of some/most of the battles, esp James and Duane, Definately one of the best I've seen in my drifting outings. Another being Seanie Manning and Patsy. TBH The list goes on with the battles but they just spring to mind.

Gav Lenihan was another man to be watching, Serious wall rubs and spoiler launching!! Again this I cought on vid so will be throwing that in in the mix somewhere!

Also want to say a big thank you to any driver who allowed me throw on the Gopro on their cars at the start line. Theres some great footage on it and appreciate your help in making some class videos!!

This year is proving that we definately do have some of the best drifters in the world out there, the standard keeps growing and growing and is some spectacle to watch!

Lastly, Big-ups to the Team drifters this round, not normally a fan of this but this weekend changed that for me, was great to watch, loved every minute and well done to all the teams involved for being pure lunatics!!! Loved it! Also manfoot victory lap!!

Well done! :afro:

Chuck_g
28-05-12, 21:44
Did anyone actually get footage of our victory lap?? It was all out wreck :)

Bradley_Motorworks
28-05-12, 22:15
I picked such a good event to make my return to drifting...lol
Havnt properly drifted in about 2 years...Im now kicking myself for wasting last 2 years not drifting...Had so so much fun...:afro:
Car was driving great, track is the best I have ever driven on and all the drivers are such a great bunch of people!!!!
Managed to qualify 5th on the Saturday which pleased me immensely...:D
Then in my top 8 battle my dam turbo decided to expire exactly 5 seconds before I crossed the finish line..lol:eek:
I have some lovely souvenir scratches on my back bumper from rubbing the wall a few times:cool:
Some amazing drivers in prodrift... Well done to Mulvey for the win...
keep up the brilliant work everyone...:D
Ill deff be going to the next round.

alan opel
28-05-12, 22:55
was a savage weekend, some amazing driving! thaut chris brady did really well considering the power difference between him an some of the rest of the pros, brian egans car was savage, glad we got there to see him out, some serious speed compared to some! anyone no what happened james deanes car? why it cut out? team drift was brilliant !

saturday night was a total mess! good craic, have to say a big thanks to the egans for putting us up, top lads !!

markII-90
28-05-12, 23:20
Absolute cracking weekend! Epic driving from everyone, the level just gets better and better each round :)

To sum it all up .......

Sun
Smoke
Wall runs
Fake calipos (aka) big schqueeze
Dance offs
Superglue
Carbo wearing high heels
Sunburn
Epic battles

Great weekend !

dR Dan
28-05-12, 23:26
Awesome.

Drift wise amazing... Duane is a hero! SO many good drivers! Considerin i criticised the man this event last year i think il have take it back 100 per cent and say Paul Murphy was absolutely awesome to watch. I love that car. FAir play!

Sun and beer and boobies and hooray in massive quantaties!

Peaked way too soon on Saturday and tried to have a quiet drink in the hotel before hitting the sack but was hijacked by the DI crew...

My last click on the jager clicker was at 746... ish...

Anyways the video iv been waiting for is jst after buffering so im off for a Tom Hank...

See ya'll in Fermoy!

the dancer
29-05-12, 02:03
well dan fair play i only had to wait a year to here u say that lol . it was some weekend from start to finnish a lot less crashes this year ,i think the reason being is that the track was much smouther flowing and the skill level of every driver to get around punchestown in one piece is an achievment in itself and in fairness i did hit the wall 2 times fairly heavy and destroyed the car ha ha ha it was your comments last year that helped me get the win so thanks:o:D

Carbo
29-05-12, 07:22
Absolute cracking weekend! Epic driving from everyone, the level just gets better and better each round :)

To sum it all up .......

Sun
Smoke
Wall runs
Fake calipos (aka) big schqueeze
Dance offs
Superglue
Carbo wearing high heels
Sunburn
Epic battles

Great weekend !

Oh dear god!! shhhh o sullivan!!

awsome weekend..qualified 12th then lost out to francis o shea...

Delighted to say the least.. excellent track..level of driving is really on the up..

apologies for some of my antics on saturday nite..!! Ha!

chrisbrady325
29-05-12, 09:16
What A Weekend!!!! Amazing!! Great to be back!

Firstly Huge Thanks To Daryl Barnett For Sorting me out with the M3 Evo! Such a fun car to drive.. Only For Daryl I would not of made this event so big up to him for being so helpful!! And not to forget rob Barnett whp played a big part also.. Richill lads are Top Lads!!

Big Thanks to everyone who helped me around home to have the car ready for pd spec, my girlfriend emma, my parents, Jonny Mc Annely, who helped me in many ways, be it getting parts and putting faith into me for the weekend!!, To My Cousin Mark Hamill how burst his ass all weekend helping me with tires and fueling, and preperation on thursday night till 3am :) To Duane Mc Keever for helping sort out my fueling issue 15mins before superlap and his dad Barry for driving into nass for fresh fuel for me...

Driving level has jumped to a new level in my eyes.. some great pilots out there.. Paul Murphy being the driver of the weekend imo,

Was great to get back on track and back on the walls again.. been out for a year and havent drove anything only a rwd transit round the odd wet roundabout.. damn they can hold a drift lol! was strange jumping into a bmw for the first time and i do recommend them to anyone.. serious fun!! just drive the balls outta them.. we had grip issues which left it very hard to twin battle.. not up on the door of other competitors was different for me.. but still just had the craic! and held her full of the pipe.. i was bouncing round the inside of it like a mad man due to the noise and buzz of being behind the wheel again!

Great Event, Great People, Great Crowd, Damn I Missed this craic!!

MissSuz
29-05-12, 10:42
Im just about recovered. Besides the possible sunstroke (which is my own fault!) it was easily one of the best , if not the best weekend pd has given us sp far :)

Arrived 8am ish Sat morning and from the get go the level of driving was epic to watch. The track layout to watch was just awesome. Paul Murphy was the hero of the weekend for me. Crazy angles on entry , loads of smoke and wall rubbing and literally everyone watching was going nuts cheering him on and wanted him to do well :) Great to see Chris Brady back out , always a pleasure to watch. Mike Fitz was on it like a car bonnet until he had to retire , car is looking seriously cool :) Also good to see James Deane out again giving it loads! Raging for Chuck having issues with the car but I did learn loads about pistons and Coil's not ment to be 1 to 6 but 5 was too short to move.....or something..! Good fun was still had :)

Sat night was nuts as usual. From being chased by Zombies to your man working in the hotel giving out crazy and bursting out laughing at the door cuz Chuck asked him to give us a knock!

Sunday was a bit of a wash out for me as the extreme sunburn got the better of me and I had to head home after the superlap. Was there early Sunday morning tho so got to watch Pratice and Qualifying too so was still an epic morning of drifting :)

Roll on Round 3 , Ill be smothered in suncream....weather the sun is out or not!! :)

Also....Nikki42565855556666....... Chuck couldnt get over the size of your madhood , was talking about it all day Sunday!

Doofer
29-05-12, 11:07
I had a ball anyway.. First time I ever drove the car after a long drawn out build.. Car still wasn't 100% and looked like a combine in the front but it was the best we could do with the time we had even after stayin up all night Thursday.. Very nervous for the first few runs because I wasn't sure what was goin to work on the car and what wasnt goin to work.. Had very little brake and hydro power all weekend because of pedal box issues.. Needed the handbrake worse than the brakes but I done my best without both.. Team drifting on sunday was the best fun ive ever had in any car.. Tryin to better ourselves on each run and everytime we went out I came back in laughing.. Still have a lot of work to do with the car but im happy.. Thanks to everyone who helped.. Thanks to Brendan Stone, David Garvey, Derek Newsome, Keith Joyce and everyone else for their advice on driving the course.. Driver of the weekend for me was Paul Run the wall big steel balls Murphy.. He's after progressing so much in a year it gives me
Hope.. Ha.. Time to get the car up another step for fermoy..

nikkisixx69
29-05-12, 11:23
Also....Nikki42565855556666....... Chuck couldnt get over the size of your madhood , was talking about it all day Sunday!

Bahahaha good to see I gave him the inspiration to win team drift :p
His loveheart boxers were a great addition to his dance moves haha

Crazy night Saturday , good to see everyone again, juice was a complete mess, rolling around on the ground screaming And looking up girls skirts, so many Lols but can't take him anywhere!

Sunday was awesome, couldn't get over the speed everyone was going at, literally everyone was flat out, it was seriously world class drifting, battle of the day for me was James dean vs Duane mckeever , nothing short of epic, best battle I've ever seen in real life. hangover wasn't too bad , plenty of fake calipo's and lovely bottoms around to ease the pain!

Big thanks to the Egans for letting me sleep under their kitchen table!

Bring on round 3!!!

Hachi
29-05-12, 11:53
Please to fuck will people stop talkin bout Nikki's manhood :eek:

dR Dan
29-05-12, 18:04
well dan fair play i only had to wait a year to here u say that lol . it was some weekend from start to finnish a lot less crashes this year ,i think the reason being is that the track was much smouther flowing and the skill level of every driver to get around punchestown in one piece is an achievment in itself and in fairness i did hit the wall 2 times fairly heavy and destroyed the car ha ha ha it was your comments last year that helped me get the win so thanks:o:D

Era :) I do occasionally make mistakes..

Its very rare mind u :)

Driftin
29-05-12, 19:40
What A Weekend!!!! Amazing!! Great to be back!

Firstly Huge Thanks To Daryl Barnett For Sorting me out with the M3 Evo! Such a fun car to drive.. Only For Daryl I would not of made this event so big up to him for being so helpful!! And not to forget rob Barnett whp played a big part also.. Richill lads are Top Lads!!

Big Thanks to everyone who helped me around home to have the car ready for pd spec, my girlfriend emma, my parents, Jonny Mc Annely, who helped me in many ways, be it getting parts and putting faith into me for the weekend!!, To My Cousin Mark Hamill how burst his ass all weekend helping me with tires and fueling, and preperation on thursday night till 3am :) To Duane Mc Keever for helping sort out my fueling issue 15mins before superlap and his dad Barry for driving into nass for fresh fuel for me...

Driving level has jumped to a new level in my eyes.. some great pilots out there.. Paul Murphy being the driver of the weekend imo,

Was great to get back on track and back on the walls again.. been out for a year and havent drove anything only a rwd transit round the odd wet roundabout.. damn they can hold a drift lol! was strange jumping into a bmw for the first time and i do recommend them to anyone.. serious fun!! just drive the balls outta them.. we had grip issues which left it very hard to twin battle.. not up on the door of other competitors was different for me.. but still just had the craic! and held her full of the pipe.. i was bouncing round the inside of it like a mad man due to the noise and buzz of being behind the wheel again!

Great Event, Great People, Great Crowd, Damn I Missed this craic!!

Good to see you back at the drifting sir.

sarhsPD
29-05-12, 22:15
I've washed my hair twice and I'm still finding bits of tyre.

On another note, to all my lovely drivers, well done on a diriculous showing.

alan opel
29-05-12, 22:55
anyone no who owned that lovely uk spec s14a parked outside after? silver/grey with rotas and cage, std kit just really clean? looked gorgeous!

Chuck_g
30-05-12, 00:34
Pauls rig id say......:) Sweet bus

http://www.driftireland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26876

Hachi
30-05-12, 07:09
I got a pic of it on the way out Alan, so I'll post it up later on. Agreed though it was saaaaweeeeet.

src200sx
30-05-12, 22:09
Need help hear lads dose anyone know how was driveing the purple ps13 with the bn kit on it thinks lads

calicagesracing
30-05-12, 22:17
That's andy kenna, yowdy on here