PDA

View Full Version : Japfest 2012

MissSuz
05-05-12, 10:36
Mondello Jap-Fest 2012 Line-Up Starts to Build
May 4, 2012
Irelands biggest motoring and motorsport spectacle, Mondello Jap-Fest, returns for 2012 with exciting line-up already starting to build. Top of the bill will be a list of International Drifters, assembled by Prodrift, who will perform alongside some new and exciting attractions. The single day event is set for Sunday September 9th and will include the final round of the Prodrift Irish series the first ever Intercontinental Drift Cup and the final round of the Irish Time-Attack championship.

The annual celebration of Japanese car culture and motorsport is by far the biggest show on the Irish car scene and it continues to grow. 2011 was the most successful event in the shows history, boosted by the strongest line-up of international drift competitors ever seen in Ireland. Many of these drivers, along with a few new ones, are set to return again this September to compete for overall honours as well as the inaugural intercontinental cup which will pitch the International drivers against the best of Irish.

While Drifting will once again be the highlight of the event for large numbers of show visitors, the organisers are planning a full days action which will feature some new events alongside the old favourites.
The Mondello Park track will be busy for most of the day with the resurgent 'Trackday Performance' Time-Attack championship as the main support for the Drift event. This event always attracts the largest line-up of the season and with numbers already way ahead of previous years the finale is expected to feature the biggest ever Time-Attack field seen in Ireland

Additional competitive action will be provide by a new event to the programme, a 'Barrell Run' where competitors will compete over a tight course. The challenge is to slalom through, and perform doughnuts around the barrells, with the first driver to finish without touching a barrell progressing into the next round.

Motorcycle Stunt competition will also be a part of Jap-Fest for the first time as the New Stunt Ireland series concludes its three round championship. The best of Ireland’s motorcycle stunt riders will be joined by British and European competitors to battle for a number of awards as well as top spot in the championship standings.

With all the track activities its easy to overlook the huge number of Japanese cars which will be on view, not only displayed in the paddock but also on track in the 'Track Day' sessions. Jap-Fest always attracts the best of Ireland’s modified and classic Japanese Cars with a host of owners clubs and web sites represented alongside individual exhibitors. The whole event is topped off by the always colourful and vibrant trade area where anyone who's anyone in the Irish Modified Car scene will be present.

Over the coming months, news of additions to the Mondello Jap-Fest 2012 line-up will be announced. Spectators will be able to keep up with the news through the Jap-Fest facebook pages and the Mondello Park web site where they can also purchase their tickets in advance at reduced prices

Looks like wer set for another Awesome Round 5 :)

Diffchick
05-05-12, 17:45
Mondello Jap-Fest 2012 Line-Up Starts to Build
May 4, 2012
Irelands biggest motoring and motorsport spectacle, Mondello Jap-Fest, returns for 2012 with exciting line-up already starting to build. Top of the bill will be a list of International Drifters, assembled by Prodrift, who will perform alongside some new and exciting attractions. The single day event is set for Sunday September 9th and will include the final round of the Prodrift Irish series the first ever Intercontinental Drift Cup and the final round of the Irish Time-Attack championship.

The annual celebration of Japanese car culture and motorsport is by far the biggest show on the Irish car scene and it continues to grow. 2011 was the most successful event in the shows history, boosted by the strongest line-up of international drift competitors ever seen in Ireland. Many of these drivers, along with a few new ones, are set to return again this September to compete for overall honours as well as the inaugural intercontinental cup which will pitch the International drivers against the best of Irish.

While Drifting will once again be the highlight of the event for large numbers of show visitors, the organisers are planning a full days action which will feature some new events alongside the old favourites.
The Mondello Park track will be busy for most of the day with the resurgent 'Trackday Performance' Time-Attack championship as the main support for the Drift event. This event always attracts the largest line-up of the season and with numbers already way ahead of previous years the finale is expected to feature the biggest ever Time-Attack field seen in Ireland

Additional competitive action will be provide by a new event to the programme, a 'Barrell Run' where competitors will compete over a tight course. The challenge is to slalom through, and perform doughnuts around the barrells, with the first driver to finish without touching a barrell progressing into the next round.

Motorcycle Stunt competition will also be a part of Jap-Fest for the first time as the New Stunt Ireland series concludes its three round championship. The best of Ireland’s motorcycle stunt riders will be joined by British and European competitors to battle for a number of awards as well as top spot in the championship standings.

With all the track activities its easy to overlook the huge number of Japanese cars which will be on view, not only displayed in the paddock but also on track in the 'Track Day' sessions. Jap-Fest always attracts the best of Ireland’s modified and classic Japanese Cars with a host of owners clubs and web sites represented alongside individual exhibitors. The whole event is topped off by the always colourful and vibrant trade area where anyone who's anyone in the Irish Modified Car scene will be present.

Over the coming months, news of additions to the Mondello Jap-Fest 2012 line-up will be announced. Spectators will be able to keep up with the news through the Jap-Fest facebook pages and the Mondello Park web site where they can also purchase their tickets in advance at reduced prices

Looks like wer set for another Awesome Round 5 :)

You should do PR work,u always on the ball with all the updates :):D!!!!

MissSuz
06-05-12, 11:44
I know! Really is just cuz Im a pure creep and know everything :p:p

phil-ray
07-05-12, 09:19
Sunday 9th September isnt it?

MissSuz
08-05-12, 07:36
Yes :)

lady89
08-05-12, 11:26
that sounds like a savage day!
I'm not gonna miss it!!! :D

Brian Driftkits.eu
08-05-12, 20:27
Yes , this is gonna be "the one" !!!

Bring it on !

derek89
08-05-12, 21:32
Ye looks like a savage day Alri. Wat do use think of the barrell run not really seen it

ps13ire
09-05-12, 18:33
Won't be missing this one :D

drifter kid
12-05-12, 18:54
looks like the banter shal be had

big wheels
13-08-12, 13:30
totally pumped, cant wait for this one!!:afro:

lady89
13-08-12, 13:44
I heard that Aasbo is coming with his new GT86.....cant....wait..... :D

paulr5
13-08-12, 14:13
shit this in sept?

James Doyle
16-08-12, 23:21
Will there be a drift session for the public to participate like a drift day

nikkisixx69
17-08-12, 03:24
I want james doyles babies!!!!!

martydumpvalve
18-08-12, 18:13
cant wait for this!

KerryKid1JZ
18-08-12, 19:42
Rumors about some big enough drivers doing it.

leeK9
30-08-12, 19:15
is it true Dai Yo is going to be there?

raff
31-08-12, 08:20
Dai is back in ffrenchys old tezza, but it has a 2j in it now :)

Baz_180
31-08-12, 22:37
Dai is back in ffrenchys old tezza, but it has a 2j in it now :)

Should be fairly epic!

I wonder will the madbull be there?

Mick K
31-08-12, 22:42
Gitten is also in!

Driftma
31-08-12, 22:44
Gitten is also in!

What's he going driving?

MissSuz
31-08-12, 22:52
Gitten is also in!

No way??!

bomex
01-09-12, 10:27
Hello at all :) I have some questions for the japfest.

My first question ist which person i have to ask for prodrift driver registration?
Because one of my friends want go there for drifting, but they have some problems with the registration.my friend has written a email there but no one replies:
http://www.prodriftseries.com/2012/08/21/prodrift-round-5-event-information-3/

The second question is did he have to book his hotel by himself or did he get a room if he make a his registration?

if there are some questions to my friend who want drive there you can do this on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/uwe.hecktor?ref=ts

thanks for quick replying :)

Boguey001
01-09-12, 10:29
Gitten is also in!
What car?

KerryKid1JZ
01-09-12, 18:44
Whats that I hear? Vaughn Gittin Jr gets the win? Already? Monster? Yep.

jordy
02-09-12, 08:34
This was incredible last year, cant wait til nxt weekend!!
:)

Newsome
02-09-12, 09:47
Saito is in aswel. Shaping up to being the best event ever to hit Ireland.

ian g sr20
02-09-12, 11:02
Saito is in aswel. Shaping up to being the best event ever to hit Ireland.

Reli?
Were u hearing this

taz
02-09-12, 12:21
My only problem with jap fest is its on the same day as the all ireland.

It was its best last year because it wasent on the same day and the people went.

abceire
02-09-12, 12:45
A friend is in the beginner class, is that on Saturday? And if so what else is going on on Saturday?
Gt86 2jz, should be good to see how he does Vs our irish guys when he has his own car to drive in.

MissSuz
02-09-12, 14:18
A friend is in the beginner class, is that on Saturday? And if so what else is going on on Saturday?
Gt86 2jz, should be good to see how he does Vs our irish guys when he has his own car to drive in.

Yes that's Saturday , Saturday is all drifting , its the Amatuer and semi pro class all day

Newsome
02-09-12, 16:35
Reli?
Were u hearing this

Just kiddin. Ha

leeK9
02-09-12, 18:25

It was its best last year because it wasent on the same day and the people went.

all ireland gaelic final?

its on the 23rd of september

podgedun
02-09-12, 18:28
Hurling final he means ......

Chuck_g
02-09-12, 22:08

Sure let the girls play with their one ball, we will be using both :) :cool:

I see Munnelly is in, awesome!

Mabbit
03-09-12, 09:47
Can't wait for this,gonna be the 1st time the di Motorsport s14 will be drivin let's hope all the effort and hard work pays off...

stevokr32
03-09-12, 17:45
will di have a stand in the show?

duane-drift
03-09-12, 23:27
who was it that confirmed saito gitten and dai are coming? should be a good event

Chuck_g
03-09-12, 23:36
who was it that confirmed saito gitten and dai are coming? should be a good event

Santa Claus..........

batman026
03-09-12, 23:41
Santa Claus..........

That cunt is up to his old tricks again

cooks86
04-09-12, 08:17
Accomadation booked now cant wait

LarZ
04-09-12, 09:00
Nice sig cooks!

Mabbit
04-09-12, 09:51
will di have a stand in the show?

I'm not sure if jay is gonna have one..

Cezeli
04-09-12, 12:41
Really looking forward to the event - havent been at a round since Round 4 last year.

Should be awesome to see the FD drivers and PD regulars do battle.

Can't wait!

leeK9
04-09-12, 12:49
anyone got an itinerary of the day?

like what time does the drifting start?

Cezeli
04-09-12, 13:05
anyone got an itinerary of the day?

like what time does the drifting start?

AFAIK its on the PD website - Saturday's schedule anyway the last time i looked

Danny O' Sullivan
04-09-12, 17:47
Hmmmm hopefully can make it to this..sud be awesome

oldskooler
04-09-12, 18:42
really hoping for a dry weekend for this one. track layout on pd website looks class. 6 clips and 2 speed guns!!:cool::cool:

Diffchick
04-09-12, 19:40
Really looking forward to the event - havent been at a round since Round 4 last year.

Should be awesome to see the FD drivers and PD regulars do battle.

Can't wait!

Welcome back...been a long time no see.Its going to be a great event :D

Chuck_g
04-09-12, 20:24
Direct from the horses mouth...........

It's Mantra Saturday night girlies for the casual 7up's. I hope to have vip bands for all entered drivers at sign on. For friends/family and so forth quoting 'Prodrift' or showing your wristband/ticket from the event will get concession entry.

For all the Greenisler's, Mantra are sending a bus to the Greenisle, leaving at 10.30pm and returning from Maynooth at 2.30am.

It's 10euro for ze bus but may be more if the bus is only half filled. M'kaay?

And in other news, The Mondello Bar and Beer Garden will be open on Saturday and Sunday this weekend in case ye're in need of cooling down with the lovely sunshine that we WILL be having.

nikkisixx69
04-09-12, 21:47

It's Mantra Saturday night girlies for the casual 7up's. I hope to have vip bands for all entered drivers at sign on. For friends/family and so forth quoting 'Prodrift' or showing your wristband/ticket from the event will get concession entry.

For all the Greenisler's, Mantra are sending a bus to the Greenisle, leaving at 10.30pm and returning from Maynooth at 2.30am.

And in other news, The Mondello Bar and Beer Garden will be open on Saturday and Sunday this weekend in case ye're in need of cooling down with the lovely sunshine that we WILL be having.

awesome! galway crew all booked into the priest college campus in maynooth , hopefully i wont get raped or tied up and told to confess my sins

Mick K
04-09-12, 21:58
Gitten just said he's flying in Thursday night on twitter :-)

Chuck_g
04-09-12, 22:16
Gitten just said he's flying in Thursday night on twitter :-)

U
are
full
of
poo!

MissSuz
04-09-12, 23:51

Awesome stuff :D cannot wait!

Cezeli
05-09-12, 08:45
Welcome back...been a long time no see.Its going to be a great event :D

Thanks :) yeah way too long. Should be good fun standing out in the centre and it raining down on top of us :P

S14a johno
05-09-12, 10:12
shall be there :afro::afro::afro::afro:
hopefully with few lads from limerick :cool:

BoBo
05-09-12, 18:48
Looking forward to this again this year. Wellies in one hand, suncream in the other! It's guna be fan-fupping-tastic!:)

abceire
05-09-12, 19:39
bringing a nz friend who a rally fan, pop his drift event cherry.
Can't wait to see the gt86, former cam owner and all, weather is looking good for it, lots of classy guys will be around in their sleeveless shirts, would be funny if they'd made a dress code for one even for crack, like suit or shirt and tie.

MissSuz
05-09-12, 19:43
Ffrench is in...! driving the LBD V8 S13 :)

Martin ffrench
05-09-12, 19:46
why yes i am lol.........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sparky
05-09-12, 22:25
what time are the gates opening at sunday ???

podgedun
05-09-12, 22:27
Whats Dean Kearney Driving??

MissSuz
05-09-12, 22:41
Whats Dean Kearney Driving??

Chambers Performance s14 afaik :D

leeK9
05-09-12, 22:44
i want Dai to sign the dashboard of my PS13......and martin ffrench too of course

Famous jh
05-09-12, 23:01
Rumour has it I'm not driving this weekend.

Greg
06-09-12, 04:47
i want Dai to sign the dashboard of my PS13......and martin ffrench too of course

Me too. Aasbo has to sign it too.

cooks86
06-09-12, 10:04
Rumour has it I'm not driving this weekend.
The 14 is dere for ya john :p

Bradley_Motorworks
07-09-12, 23:13
Wish I was driving this w.end...:( sadly have tooo much work on to go drifting... Cry...lol

Boguey001
08-09-12, 01:25
Ffrenchie is out already, tyres wont pass pd regs. :(

niall s14a
08-09-12, 07:32
Wish I was driving this w.end...:( sadly have tooo much work on to go drifting... Cry...lol

Oh dear.... Likely mine and my cursed car's fault... Haha

abceire
08-09-12, 10:15
Ment to be showery tomorrow, bloody typical, it was sunny and nice all week, not it will be wet tomorrow, I suppose the pma of that is the conditions will suit the Irish guys .