PDA

View Full Version : Powersteering puked fluid :)

pinny
02-05-12, 14:19
Couldnt word it any better , basically fluid was puked up from the bottle the last dsy in tynagh. A good lot if it too.
I had just fitted extra lock, this was the first day out on that.

This ever happened anyone ? Bigger reservoir and longer pipe maybe ?

CillianS14a
02-05-12, 19:35
This happened to me that day up at m1 paul, it was from getting red hot it was weeping out of the lid all day, i don't know any remedy bar a power steering cooler like the driftworks one, big reservoir might be a good idea the more fluid the less likely it'll boil over.

S13..KEV
02-05-12, 20:33
This happened to me that day up at m1 paul, it was from getting red hot it was weeping out of the lid all day, i don't know any remedy bar a power steering cooler like the driftworks one, big reservoir might be a good idea the more fluid the less likely it'll boil over.

cooler is the job.what i do is run a cooler and i fill the oil just under the top of the cold mark.works for me.the cooler i use is off a teg type-R.had one off a ford Mondo.works very well to

pinny
02-05-12, 20:50
Nice one lads.
Mine threw up like a 15 yr old havin a bottle of vodka :)

Iv no experience of ps coolers , regular oil cooler off something else ok n plumb it inline ?

Dunnedriftin
02-05-12, 22:26
Iv had every possible problem with power steering you could think of at this stage! Get a cooler of the front of a pajero, its exactly what you need!

CillianS14a
02-05-12, 22:31
cooler is the job.what i do is run a cooler and i fill the oil just under the top of the cold mark.works for me.the cooler i use is off a teg type-R.had one off a ford Mondo.works very well to

thats a good idea, i might look into one of those, there was a fella on sxoc that turned the uk s14 diff cooler into a power steering cooler it was a good idea

Nice one lads.
Mine threw up like a 15 yr old havin a bottle of vodka :)

Iv no experience of ps coolers , regular oil cooler off something else ok n plumb it inline ?

ha must have been the harder work it had to do with the extra lock you fitted, strangely enough mine never boiled in tynagh the other day at all!

i'd say you'd be sound with a regular cooler as the cores would be more or less the same for both;)

S13..KEV
03-05-12, 10:16
thats a good idea, i might look into one of those, there was a fella on sxoc that turned the uk s14 diff cooler into a power steering cooler it was a good idea

ha must have been the harder work it had to do with the extra lock you fitted, strangely enough mine never boiled in tynagh the other day at all!

i'd say you'd be sound with a regular cooler as the cores would be more or less the same for both;)

which ever cooler you use.just make sure the cooler and pipes.have a good flow threw them.some cooler have small pipes in and out.that would make you're problem worse

pinny
03-05-12, 10:22
Thanks lads