PDA

View Full Version : Track tires on road car?

CillianS14a
30-04-12, 13:09
Well fellas, im looking for a new set of steering tires for the front of my s14a, its still a road car too at the moment but wouldnt do alot of mileage. I've been looking at a set of maxsports medium compound or uniroyal rainsport 2's from jay on here, my question is will the heat from using the maxsports on the road chew them up in no time? Has anyone used a track tire on the road before?

I've used falken 452's on the front in the wet on track and they're great but i'm looking to try something different this time.

Would i be better of getting a set of the Uniroyals while its still a road car too as i can get both brands for around the same price?

Cheers

JohnC
30-04-12, 13:16
Kumko V700s are road legal track tyre and are unreal. some ITCC and TA cars see 1 second difference between them and R888s

but drifting is different haha

CillianS14a
30-04-12, 13:30
Yeah i see there are a few E marked track tires which is what im looking at but i'm just wondering how they would hold up with road use, i wont be going for the r88 as they're out of my budget more dry orientated

JohnC
30-04-12, 13:51
never mind V700s then.....more € then R888 and more for dry also

S13..KEV
30-04-12, 13:57
the speed ratein and compound on them Tyres.they wouldnt do much mileage.i think there a waste of time on a road car.look cool doh

Stevo
30-04-12, 22:03
Rainsport 2's are good steering tyres

CillianS14a
30-04-12, 22:52
the speed ratein and compound on them Tyres.they wouldnt do much mileage.i think there a waste of time on a road car.look cool doh

Thats good enough for me, cheers kev

Rainsport 2's are good steering tyres

rainsport 2 it is stevo ;)

way2fastforu
30-04-12, 23:08
rainsport2 are a savage tire cillian used to use them on my old sir before i changed over to t1r's

Kev-200sx
01-05-12, 04:24
Bf goodrich. Have them on my car for road and track,unreal grip wet and dry,you can be sure of it going into any turn,used them for 3 track days and a nice bit of road driving still loads of rubber left on them,still like new,bit expensive but you pay for quality.

S13..KEV
01-05-12, 07:58
if youre only doing the odd day sliding i would actually listening stevo for once :-P get a good brand road Tyre like a bridgestone re050.hancook v12 evo think there called or them uniroyals.pm me if ya have othere questions ;-)

s15_spec_r
01-05-12, 15:32
if youre only doing the odd day sliding i would actually listening stevo for once :-P get a good brand road Tyre like a bridgestone re050.hancook v12 evo think there called or them uniroyals.pm me if ya have othere questions ;-)

another vote here for the uniroyals cillian, i was using them on the skyline that time, great tyre :D

Stevo
01-05-12, 16:42

GTFO kinder eggs :p

CillianS14a
01-05-12, 17:48
@dara i remember you saying how good they were alright i've heard great reviews on them

@kev 200sx i was on track with you in tynagh it was very slippy in the rain how did they fair out for you?

@s13 kev its the odd drift at the mo maybe once every 2 months as its a road car too, i'll go through a few more options and pm you for a bit more info as i know you've been drifting a long time thanks for your input too

@dave they sound very promising im leanin towards them as im on a budget but i know a great steering tire would be worth the extra few quid ;)

Kev-200sx
02-05-12, 19:37
@kev 200sx i was on track with you in tynagh it was very slippy in the rain how did they fair out for you?

Very good no understeer car goes where you want it to