PDA

View Full Version : prodrift round 1 afterthoughts (overall weekend)

ste
15-04-12, 22:46
well lads im just home from quite possibly the best weekend i have had in a long time... the weather was good, the driving was savage and the antics on sat night equally as good

what did you guys make of it

Derk
15-04-12, 22:48
I thought everybody drove brilliantly, except you.... Your shit

aka pete
15-04-12, 22:53
Same as urself Ste, 1st event and loved it, weather, organisation, driving, all class, missed pro's today, had to get back up the rd last nite
What happened duane mc K?

ste
15-04-12, 22:59
i didnt see it but heard there was a lot off wheel spin off the line and car was skippin from side to side going towards first corner then the nose just went towards the wall, could have broken a steering arm leading to the crash i dunno

aka pete
15-04-12, 23:04
Feck, I take it he ok.. Did he get back on track afterwards ?

Chuck_g
15-04-12, 23:06
Im a broken man!!!

sparkie09
15-04-12, 23:10
oh ye fair play ste first event and into the top 32 nice one..

Boguey001
15-04-12, 23:10
One word 'epic' Epic driving Epic drifting, just brilliant,and the craic was had last night in queens. Was my first time there for the full weekend and I'l definatly be back for more. :) Oh and hard luck to James Deane and duane, hopefully the lads bounce back.

jap scrap
15-04-12, 23:12
who won the pro

ste
15-04-12, 23:16
1. brendan stone

2.adrian walsh

3.p mc carthy

4.barry leonard

chuck you are one mad bastid i tell ya that much ha ha ha

ste
15-04-12, 23:16
Feck, I take it he ok.. Did he get back on track afterwards ?

no pete as the drivers front corner too all the hit the valance very badly bent and kinked

ste
15-04-12, 23:17
oh ye fair play ste first event and into the top 32 nice one..

cheers lad..:)

Boguey001
15-04-12, 23:21
i didnt see it but heard there was a lot off wheel spin off the line and car was skippin from side to side going towards first corner then the nose just went towards the wall, could have broken a steering arm leading to the crash i dunno

Ye he just seemed to catch grip with the arse of the car or lose it wit the front and straight into the wall, lower arm was broke in 2, tension arm snapped, and pulled the steering arm straight out of the rack. He must of pushed back the chassis to because he got out the passanger side door, alloy was twisted in a hoop to. :( Also the pd lads droppin it from the teleporter couldnt have helped.

joey banana s14
15-04-12, 23:27
WOW where do i start well friday the car gave me i fright and wouldnt start but huuuge thanks to BART ,PAUL MURPHY,KEITH JOYCE for not even taking there cars off the trailers before staying till 8 that night to get her running again some lads in fairness...then saturday morning came its the first time i drove the car without that missfire i always had that turned out to be a loose injertor loom plug ,was happy with my practise and burst my oil pressure gauge pipe pissing oil everywhere and DAN MOOREHEAD didnt hesitate was straighT over to help ledgend of a man,so sorted that then nervs got the better of me and made a dogs arse of my qualifying but sooo happy i got to compete....the level of driving is immense big well done to brendan today and shane o sullivans entrys made me wet today as did adrian walshs driving ......roll on punchestown

si_berry
15-04-12, 23:49
great to read the comments above, that's what drifting is all about!

DaveZigen
15-04-12, 23:58
What a weekend! Huge thanks to the guys in WKD! Voice and car intact, multi-tasking FTW!!!!

Epic driving from everybody!:)

joey banana s14
16-04-12, 00:01
What a weekend! Huge thanks to the guys in WKD! Voice and car intact, multi-tasking FTW!!!!

Epic driving from everybody!:)

im sure lads will agree and no offence to judges in any way but the atmosphere gone on saturday without you on the mic dude from how much of it i watched anyway.......also well done to simon for judgen debut

hoopsbhoy
16-04-12, 08:44
Prodrift need a big screen and replays :-)

The level of driving and cars is gone through the roof, its awesome we have it in this country.

Duane was snaking like mad off the line, it was always gonna take a miracle to get that right into the first corner, fair play to the lad for pushing as hard as he could though, gutted for him.

Hard to pick any really stand out drivers as everyone was completely on it, but Adrian Walsh and John Hickey were exceptional. Adrian looks like a pro driver with ten years experience.

Its going to be an unreal year, can only imagine how determined the likes of Alan Sinnot and James Deane will be come Punchestown, not to forget Wez and Dan Moorehead still have cars to come, and possibly Christy carpenter too. Some year to look forward to.

calicagesracing
16-04-12, 08:48
Even though I snapped the propshaft after only 1 run through the track!!!
I still can't wait to get back out there:D

Ps. What happened James Deane?

hoopsbhoy
16-04-12, 08:50
Even though I snapped the propshaft after only 1 run through the track!!!
I still can't wait to get back out there:D

Ps. What happened James Deane?

Gearbox went in his borrowed car

PS

Whats the rule on entries into the first corner, seemed to be allot of flicking the cars yeaterday?

hi_im_fil
16-04-12, 08:51
You actually snapped the propshaft??! I bought it must have just come loose.

I was only there on Saturday (taking pics for freshfix) but had a good day out. Some good driving out there. The standard of cars there was very high too, I couldn't get over how well they looked

chrisbrady325
16-04-12, 08:54
Think James Gearbox busted r something,

Duane was going for a massive entry and was unlucky, roaring up that small straight from the start in a 3rd gear burnout.. would have been nice to see it pulled off..

Well done to Barry L on 3rd Place and the lad in the yellow bootcam,

Shane O Sullivan is going really well also, huge difference from ennis 2011

Great day out, good to see some old faces, will be good to get back for a round or 2........ In god knows what i will come across...

markII-90
16-04-12, 09:11
Stephen harte was the hero of the weekend IMO :)

Diarmuid o'connell and Adrian Walsh killed it all day aswel !

Shane o'sullivan will go far this year he was flat on every run and great to watch.

silverbullitt
16-04-12, 09:37
Absolutely unreal weekend..
Ill deffo be doing the whole weekend in future , the craic had on saturday night was brilliant...
Id hate to be a judge this year , as it looks like everyone is so evenly matched that trying to pick a winner will be nigh on impossible.
Although PD could probably invest in a new brush or two , the two lads out sweeping yesterday must be destroyed from breathing in all the lime .

calicagesracing
16-04-12, 10:32
You actually snapped the propshaft??! I bought it must have just come loose.

I was only there on Saturday (taking pics for freshfix) but had a good day out. Some good driving out there. The standard of cars there was very high too, I couldn't get over how well they looked

Snapped it like a carrot!
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb45/calicagesracing/photo-116.jpg

It was a nice lightweight alloy prop that obviously wasn't able for all the torque. It'll be replaced with a big durty steel one lol

Did you get a pic of the ps going at all?

barryl
16-04-12, 10:47
What a day yesterday. And big thanks to gem for a his help sat. some really good driving all wknd. Level off drifting in Ireland is amazing.

ste
16-04-12, 11:05
The big smiley head on u all day yesterday Barry ha ha

lady89
16-04-12, 11:26
very good weekend, some driving out there, was fab to watch!
so many really good (non pro) drivers!
there is some talent out there!

and was nice to meet a few lads from DI here as well :D

no luck for james dean :( hope he gets more luck next time :(

hi_im_fil
16-04-12, 11:32
@ cali - A lot to be said for a big duuuurty heavy one! Ya I got a couple of you going alright. I'll have them up over the next few days

B&G Extreme Drifting
16-04-12, 11:33
savage wkend fair play to everyone involved!! bit of a bougey on way down, bearing went on trailer made it tho thats the main thing! car is good but my driving is not
well done all podium drivers both sat and sun!
a.walsh class act!
brendan is the business well done bro
team manfoot; no stopping them!chuck g, nicky h and the boost man hickey first time chattin to him, deserved every bit driving was jus class!
ste, first prodrift top 32, git goin well again everyone in top 32 well done

B.Egan
16-04-12, 11:53
I'd a horrible saturday, and still just don't feel comfortable in the car to be honest. But will sort a few issues out by the bdc next week, and looking forward to getting some seat time. Then I'll sort the ackerman angle out for punchestown, and hopefully do better.

But sunday was great to watch, and Adrian Walsh was amazing all weekend. Just so consistent. My two picks of Stone and Boost for the year proved out, and fairplay to Paul McCarthy for some serious battling. Ste and Carbo aswell for their first events did brilliant. All in all it should be a really tight year in every class.

Atleast the year has started now anyway, and Punchestown should be epic!

barryl
16-04-12, 12:10
The big smiley head on u all day yesterday Barry ha ha

Haha. Loved every minute off it. smokeing the place.

calicagesracing
16-04-12, 12:58
@ cali - A lot to be said for a big duuuurty heavy one! Ya I got a couple of you going alright. I'll have them up over the next few days

Cool, I look forward to seeing them:).

Chuck_g
16-04-12, 13:24
I had a great weekend and the car drove faultless, really going to enjoy it this year, taking off in 2nd all day, diesel spec ftw :) I actually liked the track, enjoy technical stuff :) I think mr Shortt just has more experience and that car is fast, very fast :) So i bowed out in the top 16 after a respectable enough 8th place qualifier.

Drivers of the weekend for me, in no particular order, were John "Boot" Hickey, rubbing walls and grabing balls all weekend, did the Team Proud. Adrian Walsh was another pleasure to watch, dominating the whole weekend to be fair. Mike Fitz, so great to see the car performing so well and you can see him back in seeded in no time :) Nicky Hallahan and Ste for their first PD comps went seriously well, the Ama title is not going to be easy to fetch this year. To be honest, there wasn't anyone i didn't enjoy watching so il shut up now or il be here all year. Congrats to Bren Stone, Adrian, Paul and Barry for the Victories yesterday, nice to see a screaming bimmer on the podium :)

Sat night out, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, nakedness, heart to hearts, smashing stuff, 1st degree burns, sleeping, bi sexuals, mi wadi, no money...........great success....! Sorry to anyone i wore the ear off or tried to chance.....its a Cark thing :) Roll on Round 2, very nice!!

Chuck_g
16-04-12, 13:27
Oh ya, and really enjoyed battling with Colin Farrell on Saturday, seriously sound chap and was not easy to beat by any means :)

MrMagoo
16-04-12, 13:55
^^^^^ I hear that fella Colin Farrell is from Cork!!!!

Carbo
16-04-12, 14:05
Had a great day gettin used to the new car and givin this pd lark a go!!.. great craic altogether..

John smash stuff hickey was on very good form as was adrian!!

As for sat nite... oh!! gluein everytin from dave egans fags into his pocket to.gluein gem to the ground...as well as a load of shit talk?!!

Roll on punchestown!!

Greg
16-04-12, 14:31
The driving on Saturday was amazing, really top notch, and made me quite worried about competing at round 2. Delighted to see Ste, Chucky, Git, Mark, anybody I know really doing well on the day. Also delighted to see other lads getting their first runs out and all full of smiles afterwards in Queens.

As for Queens, that was messy, good craic though, and my apologies to anybody who's ear I was shouting in at some stage, there were a few of you.

I was dying Sunday so didn't hang around too long after Dwayne McKeevers crash. Fair play to him for driving it so hard, and sorry to see it not working out.

Anyways.... Roll on round 2. :)

s13-ste
16-04-12, 15:21
JP McCarthy's V8 sounds fucking lush!
I have to say after not being to one round in 2011 i was seriously impressed all over again yesterday, Will deffo be making my way to more rounds this year

pauliesx
16-04-12, 18:12
I had a great weekend and the car drove faultless, really going to enjoy it this year, taking off in 2nd all day, diesel spec ftw :) I actually liked the track, enjoy technical stuff :) I think mr Shortt just has more experience and that car is fast, very fast :) So i bowed out in the top 16 after a respectable enough 8th place qualifier.

Drivers of the weekend for me, in no particular order, were John "Boot" Hickey, rubbing walls and grabing balls all weekend, did the Team Proud. Adrian Walsh was another pleasure to watch, dominating the whole weekend to be fair. Mike Fitz, so great to see the car performing so well and you can see him back in seeded in no time :) Nicky Hallahan and Ste for their first PD comps went seriously well, the Ama title is not going to be easy to fetch this year. To be honest, there wasn't anyone i didn't enjoy watching so il shut up now or il be here all year. Congrats to Bren Stone, Adrian, Paul and Barry for the Victories yesterday, nice to see a screaming bimmer on the podium :)

Sat night out, hmmmmmmmmmmmm, nakedness, heart to hearts, smashing stuff, 1st degree burns, sleeping, bi sexuals, mi wadi, no money...........great success....! Sorry to anyone i wore the ear off or tried to chance.....its a Cark thing :) Roll on Round 2, very nice!!
naked pics of chuck to follow soon hahaha.....:)

DaveZigen
16-04-12, 18:20
Had a great day gettin used to the new car and givin this pd lark a go!!.. great craic altogether..

As for sat nite... oh!! gluein everytin from dave egans fags into his pocket to.gluein gem to the ground...as well as a load of shit talk?!!

Roll on punchestown!!

I wasn't impressed:mad:

But I was impressed that you managed to glue all of Brian's possesions to random parts of the room!

Nothing like waking up to see your shoes glued to the ceiling above you:)

I had one of the best Prodrift weekends I've ever had and although I qualified 33rd by 0.5 points (which everyone found hilarious;) ) I was happy to score on my first day out!

Although I apologise for the 40mins of shit talk while the lime was being put out, my brain was hungover/exhausted! But I'm sure there are very few drivers/spectators who didn't enjoy the opener to the season!

Savage weather, unpredictable results and plenty of drama! Got to love it!;)

ste
16-04-12, 18:29
i was wondering why carbo brought super glue with him to queens lol

dR Dan
16-04-12, 18:30
If as many people as im hearing from Ireland are heading over to regularily compete in BDC we'r going to sweep the board evry weekend cause the level of driving is insane... Soo hard to predict a winner across all classes... Every1 was immense! I have a man crush for Stephen Harts... I <3 him!

Froma social point of few Pd is 2nd to none! Never fails to disappoint what a laugh... Highlights were having the most surreal chat in my life with herself and Chris Martina :) And having the customary heart to heart with Chuck...

Also after arriving at the track at 10 Sunday by 11 i realised i culdn cope so walked towards town to have a few beers when i bumped into Chuck pisshed lost and wantin the pub... Unfortunately rememberin whether his number began with 087 or 085 was jst a step too far :)

Id gladly go to bed and not move til Puchestown i cant wait!!!

Oh and well done to Tom Fitz and making top 16 going great all weekend...

ste
16-04-12, 18:35
If as many people as im hearing from Ireland are heading over to regularily compete in BDC we'r going to sweep the board evry weekend cause the level of driving is insane... Soo hard to predict a winner across all classes... Every1 was immense! I have a man crush for Stephen Harts... I <3 him!

Froma social point of few Pd is 2nd to none! Never fails to disappoint what a laugh... Highlights were having the most surreal chat in my life with herself and Chris Martina :) And having the customary heart to heart with Chuck...

Also after arriving at the track at 10 Sunday by 11 i realised i culdn cope so walked towards town to have a few beers when i bumped into Chuck pisshed lost and wantin the pub... Unfortunately rememberin whether his number began with 087 or 085 was jst a step too far :)

Id gladly go to bed and not move til Puchestown i cant wait!!!

Oh and well done to Tom Fitz and making top 16 going great all weekend...

i remember finding chuck after queens and walked in on dmac tellin chuck to fuck off and stop cock blocking him, and chuck tellin dmac how he thinks matt powers is gorgeous ha ha ha.. what does go on in chucks head half the time lol

joey banana s14
16-04-12, 20:37
i remember finding chuck after queens and walked in on dmac tellin chuck to fuck off and stop cock blocking him, and chuck tellin dmac how he thinks matt powers is gorgeous ha ha ha.. what does go on in chucks head half the time lol

that was painfully funny hahahaha

wally
16-04-12, 21:26
Had a great weekend although the car was giving bother didn't matter Saturday night made up for it roll on the session in punchestown :)

irishpaddy
16-04-12, 21:48
Snapped it like a carrot!

It was a nice lightweight alloy prop that obviously wasn't able for all the torque. It'll be replaced with a big durty steel one lol

Did you get a pic of the ps going at all?

is that the mazworx one? did you need to cut it to fit the s13? there 'suppose' to be be for high horse power... thats some mess..:laugh:

gem-s13
16-04-12, 21:56

Roll on punchestown!!

i forgot all about that!! was fair funny didnt no what the fuck was wrong when went to walk off haha

had a fairly eventful nite after that,

calicagesracing
16-04-12, 22:21
is that the mazworx one? did you need to cut it to fit the s13? there 'suppose' to be be for high horse power... thats some mess..:laugh:

Yep, the mazworx one but it failed at the new weld
I had to shorten it by 30mm for the ps
I'll be talking to my welder tomorrow don't worry:mad:

DaveM-sport
16-04-12, 23:30
Was busy saturday so didn't make it up until that night so missed most of the action the first day :(

Good craic saturday night, ended by the usual carry on armed with fire extinguishers :o

Competition Sunday was unreal and you couldn't call who was going to be in the final. Pity about James' weekend not working out and McKeevers tip. Hit the wall very hard so just good to see he wasn't hurt.

Driving from everybody couldn't be better... well apart from the tool driving the loadall and his crew :rolleyes:

Great driving from Paul McCarthy especially keeping on it with all the re-runs leading upto the semi finals and to Brendan and Adrian Walsh of course.

Chuck_g
17-04-12, 00:07
had a fairly eventful nite after that,

SO i heard..........ya alright???

As for the cock blocking thing and the homosexuality, while it sounds very like me, i dont recollect that at all. I should really cut down on the Karpackie. :wink:

MissSuz
17-04-12, 00:13
What an insane weekend of drifting! One of the best weekends PD has givin us. Level of driving gets better and better. Some epic battles Saturday and for the likes of Ste Brady and Nicky for there 1st PD event....they really done well :)

Team Manfoot were on top form Sat and John continuing to Sunday :) Intense watching!

Session in Queens was fun fun as with all PD session...I was fairly well on it :) Great meeting everyone and chatting to everyone again. Broke my camera towards the end of the night tho :(

Sunday's driving was just awesome to watch :) Great to see Mike Fitz giving it loads :) my first time seeing him in PD and I had heard so much about him it was great to watch and see him do well :) Barry Leonard and Mike Deane also epic watching. Well done to Brendan Animal Stone on his win...he will dominate PD this year :)

Roll on round 2 :)

chopaholic
17-04-12, 01:47
Couldnt make it down to this, going by the pictures it looked like a great day out. Pity to see Duanes car smashed.

haydomiata
17-04-12, 12:09
what a weekend had a blast fire year at pd and havin a mate to help wit the car so made it that bit more enjoyable getting wasted in queens haha left there without a voice and woke up feeling like sum1 was sanding my throat but sure all i can say is roll on punchestown :)

derek89
17-04-12, 16:13
The whole weekend was class. The quality on sat was really good especially from Adrian Walsh man has skills and Sunday was even better even wit a banging hangover. Oh and would like to thank Chuck for a stone in the nuts from his skills 'twas very soar ha ha ha ;)

Chuck_g
17-04-12, 16:34
Oh and would like to thank Chuck for a stone in the nuts from his skills 'twas very soar ha ha ha ;)

????? Tell me more!! :cool:

derek89
17-04-12, 17:24
Ha ha literally stood up just as u were goin round and boom stone to the left testicle wit ur name all over it ha ha :mad: il get u rnd 2 don't worry;)

Driftfest
17-04-12, 17:25
I must say I enjoyed the weekend,some serious cars turned up and brilliant driving from everyone.Twas great to meet familiar faces and even some new ones ,thanks to all for the warm welcome .Gmc is some man for organising a dry weekend must ask him bout that.Roll on the drifting year ahead,to any one coming to Tynagh see you there.

Chuck_g
17-04-12, 17:35
Ha ha literally stood up just as u were goin round and boom stone to the left testicle wit ur name all over it ha ha :mad: il get u rnd 2 don't worry;)

Awesome......you should have kept it! :wink:

Chuck_g
17-04-12, 17:41
One of my favourite parts of the weekend, Stephen Hartes victory lap, what a man :)

Prodrift Rd1 Ennis 14/4/12 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLnM9H1it8)

Mabbit
17-04-12, 22:06
Ha Stephen harte was defo one of the heros of the weekend...
Had such a great weekend and for once I wasnt runnin around tryin to get my car ready😊but it was shit havin to watch others drift when I just wanted to be out there with them😞
So roll on round 2 and my car will be finished,punchestown is gonna be epic😝

Ha chuck since ppl are reminding u of there in counters of the weekend do u remember me carrying ya up the road after ya were harassing dmac ha😄we were trying to get a taxi then we seen ste so I threw ya in his taxi..ste saved me from ur madness haha😜 such a funny night...

ste
17-04-12, 22:19
chuck should be assigned a guardian when ever he goes drinkin

Chuck_g
17-04-12, 23:21
Its all Lies :)

Famous jh
17-04-12, 23:53
chuck should be assigned a guardian when ever he goes drinkin

I hereby assign Nick Quealy as Chucks guardian in Punchestown :)

Chuck_g
17-04-12, 23:56
Im not drinking in Punch......me and Niall decided we are gonna a try a PD night out without the sauce.

Famous jh
18-04-12, 00:01
Im not drinking in Punch......me and Niall decided we are gonna a try a PD night out without the sauce.

Yes, see things how i see em an ye wont ever again go sober.

sr 20 cam
18-04-12, 11:20

ha ha ya right that will happen..

Derk
18-04-12, 11:34

You were obviously drunk writing this....

bart
18-04-12, 12:03
You were obviously drunk writing this....

Or on yokes....

MrMagoo
18-04-12, 12:33
^^^ A little from column a and a little from column b lads! Either way, hes off his head if he thinks he can stay off the drink!

Muttly
18-04-12, 14:38
I need to point out I have a photo of the video of Chuck. It may make it online or it may not. Time will tell.

For the time being though have a look on OMGDrift.com for my blog from the weekend.

http://omgdrift.com/irish-prodrift-dopeness-siege-of-ennis-round-1/

MrMagoo
18-04-12, 15:51
Ahhhh Mr Muttly, you may have a still photo but I have the whole Enchilada! Moving pics and sound!!! Question is, how nice will Chucks be to me so I dont put it up here!!!

MissSuz
18-04-12, 16:26
I hereby assign Nick Quealy as Chucks guardian in Punchestown :)

And like of Nick needs minding.....

I could do this :p

Chuck_g
19-04-12, 00:44
If that shit makes it online il get ye all back!! :)

Driftfest
19-04-12, 19:08
I'm appointing a new minder for chuck for all future events,details to be announced in the next few days.

hi_im_fil
19-04-12, 22:17
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399169_3370255012370_1149074655_32770913_257267236 _n.jpg
3 wheeling neeeooooowwwm

Chuck_g
20-04-12, 00:46
Nice pic :) Is it on Fb, want to tag someone :)

Darenm
20-04-12, 01:10
My good god what a weekend i had from randomly going up on friday nite a nite ahead of planed ended up sleeping on the floor of john and paul macs floor all in good fun :P

saturdays driving was outstanding the level of driving in ireland is second to none adrian walsh after being a few years out was on top of this game top class driving and will b a contender for the pro for the rest of the season

oh queens i do appoligise for my messyness lol from having shots wit si and jay 2 talking shit 2 gem for bout half anhour (sorry GEM) :confused:

what a laugh was had in the clare inn after all hours pissing round
punchestown cant come soon enough :D

Sundays driving was outstanding once again paul mac first time starting in pro class nailed it fair play dude

each and every battle was exciting 2 watch cant wait for punchestown its goin 2 b epic ;)

hi_im_fil
20-04-12, 16:39
Nice pic :) Is it on Fb, want to tag someone :)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3370255012370&set=a.1403918215179.2055177.1149074655&type=1&theater

Not sure if I have it set to public right?