PDA

View Full Version : Problem with bleeding hydro

haydn itr
13-04-12, 15:33
Have the hydro fitted and bleed it , used the guide off drift works can't link Cas I'm on the fone ! But I have perfect brakes but no hydro ! Basically u open the bleed nipple then put the brake down slowly hold it down then pull back handbrake slowly and hold it then close nipple and leave them off I repeated that but still no hydro any help ?

p murf
13-04-12, 17:11
bleed dem at da calipers, 2man job, pull da handbrake few times den hold it on nd open da nipple on da calliper, close it b4 ya let off the hydro nd repeat til ders no air each side!!

Stevo
13-04-12, 17:13
Get one man bleeding kit (saves losing all ur fluid) you'll need someone else its a two man job! and just keep at it, can take 5 mins or 5 hours lol..
pump brakes hold down then pull hydro hold both and release nipple, lock up and release hydro first then foot peddle, and just keep at it really, always works on mine and tommys car that way, doesnt take too long either somehow :)

haydn itr
13-04-12, 17:49
I was bleeding it at the calipers ok
I'll just keep at it as long as I'm at it the right way

pinny
13-04-12, 18:17
Make sure your pumping the pedal before holding it and opening the nipple. Pumping will force the air pockets down the line

haydn itr
13-04-12, 18:18
But would I not have shit brakes if I had a lot of air that what is confusing me

Stevo
13-04-12, 18:21
But would I not have shit brakes if I had a lot of air that what is confusing me

Another thing that might help ya is to have the car running, if its full of air your brakes will be crap

darren C
13-04-12, 22:05
is there pressure on hydro just not locking wheels or wat ? is it a 1.6 mx5 ?

haydn itr
13-04-12, 23:31
Ye and ye Darren !

darren C
14-04-12, 10:59
its not bleeding prob so the calipers are shocking in them yokes you can modify front starlet calipers onto the back of them easy anough. then youl have a savage hand brake

haydn itr
14-04-12, 11:05
Ah no iv upgraded brakes Mazda 2.5 ones!

pauliesx
14-04-12, 22:12
dont go near the hydro when bleeding it. the hydro is only after been added in seris... 2 man job as said. keep master cyl topped up at all times bleed brakes as normal threw foot pedel.

Daly
15-04-12, 00:30
Open one of the fittings on the hydro master cylinder and push the pedal then tighten it before lifting off, betya thats where all the air is :wink:

haydn itr
28-04-12, 15:08
This still ain't happinin ! When u pul the hand brake back it pushes the brake pedal towards u is that right ! Also there is a squelching noise coming from up by the resivuor