PDA

View Full Version : Eglinton 9/4/12 Afterthoughts

driftfan
09-04-12, 16:04
well what did everyone think of today?? good start to the morning then it just started to rain (as usual lol). Thanks To Harry Kearney for the passenger laps too :) who won as i didnt stay till the end? :) currently uploading to short video clips of in car footage from Harry :)

vids:
Eglinton Drift 9/4/12 Harry Kearney In-Car - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoIv39Rkusg&context=C45e9bb0ADvjVQa1PpcFPNCeTOKmYS-SmhCOuav4nG7TpMGAVH_WA=)

Eglinton Drift Harry Kearney In-Car 9/4/12 no.2 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uImUtFp4p4&context=C414ceb5ADvjVQa1PpcFPNCeTOKmYS-WanOQhG0eVTGifn0vUA2hU=)

aka pete
09-04-12, 17:08
Gr8 wee track! Had a brill mornin's skiddin til my diff gave up
Thx to Con and all the lads for organisin, keep up the good work, great spot yous have there, nice surface, plenty of room and loadsa potential

Fogj
09-04-12, 19:07
x2 onthat pete briliant day thanks to con and the lads

jonny514mcl
09-04-12, 19:30
some days crack fellas, up all nite building the corolla, finished 8am never got a test run and it was straight to derry, some top class drivers there today

philiphowe
09-04-12, 20:14
good days crack, i'll definately be at the next one!

jonny514mcl
09-04-12, 20:34
good days crack, i'll definately be at the next one!

you were going well today lad!!!

Mac_C
09-04-12, 20:46
Savage days craic ! :afro:

Had a bit of bad luck just before the comp started but these things happen had some good runs out before that so was happy out .

Loving the new layout :cool:

Level of driving was unreal , some real close battles .

Hopefully have a video up tomorrow , seen couple of clips from it some cool footage .

harryk
09-04-12, 20:51
yea had a class day def one of the best drift days ive been to this year !!!! will most de be back and if it all comes together for the future its gona bee the place to be cant fucking wait ... need another dam turbo gasket tooo!

Joliet Jake
09-04-12, 21:12
Great track layout, tons of track time, brilliant set up. Well done to Con and crew.

I only got practice runs in the morning as I sprung a fuel leak somewhere around the tank, so I stopped to be better safe than sorry.

But i'll be back again for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the bigger track that the guys are working on, it just keeps getting better!

Dori_Rory
10-04-12, 08:21
A great days craic with some great driving and tight battles going into the finals.

Pete you were goin great all morning and I was lookin forward to seeing you compete but shit happens i suppose! Good meeting ya though

I should have a video and some pics done by the weekend too

Dori88
10-04-12, 08:42
Brilliant days crack with some real tight battles, cheers to Con for settin it all up

After seein Pete in the Sil80 practicing, i was pissed off to hear your diff gave up and you didnt make it to qualifing, you had a couple of great practice laps with johnny irwin. really enjoyable to watch with some agressive entrys

Still cant believe it was a German final, The Jap lads are guna have to push harder next time :afro:

aka pete
10-04-12, 09:04
Ha german final.. we will have to try harder next time.. who made it through to final battles? Was jonny irwin in the wee corolla? Nice yoke alright, good to meet con, rory and a few of the lads, lookin forward to next one
Anybody got pics?

Void_The_Warranty
10-04-12, 10:09
Who judged it, what was the crowds like ?? Whens the next one ?

jasy d
10-04-12, 11:08
came across this wee video on youtube rippen I missed what looked a good days crack
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oYVv0U3yAX0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jasy d
10-04-12, 11:10
http://youtu.be/oYVv0U3yAX0

driftfan
10-04-12, 11:43
must say i do love that wee track and i will definatly be up there when i get a practice run or two somewhere by myself lol who made the final? guessing it was the E36's? :D good awl german tanks :D

m3con
10-04-12, 12:39
Right lads first off a jus want to thank everybody who came down yesterday
Best days drifting a been too in a long time the new layout meant even a
Novice could drift the full track but only the very top class drivers
We're nailing the clipping points. Want to thank jim and Barry at northwestfest
For all the help and hard work setting up the drift day (and for the models which
We're very easy on the eye to say the least)
Want to thank the drivers who came hope everyone had their fill of track time
Had some seriously tight battles with the semis and final both going one more
Time
Sadly the rain jus wouldn't go away but it jus showed the crowd of spectators
The high standard of skill which the drivers have as most were going just as fast
(mental) in the wet an earlier in the dry
Shaun watt in his 4door m3 was our winner on the day and he by no means had
An easy run to the final beating paul Houston in an s15 then beating Harry k in his r33
Gts in an unreal tight battle Shaun then beat don Cochrane in a r33 gts to take him to
The final against Andy mc fettridge in another 4 door m3 (@ dori88 who also beat a list of
Ol japs lol )
The 2 cars sat door to door in the final and had to go one more time when on the 2nd run
The unbelievable grip of Shaun's m3 pulled a gap to give him a 6-4 win
Special thanks also to dori Rory dori 88 and to Pauric for being 100% fair in the judging
Even though it broke their heart ta see their beloved japs fall to ze Germans
Lol
Mac-c was also on top form showing serious amount skill twin drifting with anyone who was willing till a slight mishap by with another car ended his day also want to thank Andy for the long walk back to the pits lol
Met aka Pete yesterday man that's a savage lookin car hopefully by the end of the summer the big track will be open will keep all informed of the progress
Thanks again to everyone will stick up the exact placings and results later

gabriel
10-04-12, 13:06
ragin i missed this, looked good

m3con
10-04-12, 14:30
must say i do love that wee track and i will definatly be up there when i get a practice run or two somewhere by myself lol who made the final? guessing it was the E36's? :D good awl german tanks :D

This is drifting nobody started out brilliant far more b thought of ya for bringing a car a tryin if ur shite nobody will care ur welcome anytime cause there are more than enough people who would sit on with ya to get u the basics

m3con
10-04-12, 14:33
Great track layout, tons of track time, brilliant set up. Well done to Con and crew.

I only got practice runs in the morning as I sprung a fuel leak somewhere around the tank, so I stopped to be better safe than sorry.

But i'll be back again for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the bigger track that the guys are working on, it just keeps getting better!

Thanks lad sorry for throwing ya in at the deepend by sending u out twining
I know ur not long at drifting but you done very well

m3con
10-04-12, 14:44
@ johny mcl not used to seeing too many twin cams drifting but what ya lacked in power Compared with the other entries ya made up for with aggression nice driving lad hope to
See ya at future events

jonny514mcl
10-04-12, 15:08
@ johny mcl not used to seeing too many twin cams drifting but what ya lacked in power Compared with the other entries ya made up for with aggression nice driving lad hope to
See ya at future events

thanks con nice to meet new faces, first drift day and loved every minute of it at the start line the boy beside me goes do you know your clipping points n i was like what the hell is a clipping point lol,
6 redbull n a relentless helped way the agression lmfao,

philiphowe
10-04-12, 18:26
you were going well today lad!!!

cheers lad, aye, once i get the two bumpers broke off i seem to go better!

Dori88
10-04-12, 18:37
I have every confidence that the Nissan/Toyotas will show zee Gerrys whats what next time round ;)

When we rollin again Con? I have new 888's ordered for the front of my car and im dyin to get a few laps round that new layout.

m3con
10-04-12, 18:45
Next available date is the 20th of may if that suits everyone a run with that
What yas think

Dori88
10-04-12, 18:59
Next available date is the 20th of may it that suits everyone a run with that
What yas think

practice or competition?

should be no probs

driftfan
10-04-12, 19:11
This is drifting nobody started out brilliant far more b thought of ya for bringing a car a tryin if ur shite nobody will care ur welcome anytime cause there are more than enough people who would sit on with ya to get u the basics

cheers con :) i just want to get me confidence up on track first before i go out and spoil everyones day by getting in there way etc lol.

m3con
10-04-12, 19:32
@ driftfan Ya not b spoiling anyones day lad was boys there yesterday doing
Twining for the first time coming back to the start line with a smile
From ear to ear loving every second of it ya need ta stop worrying
And jus get to a drift day sure get to Aghadowey the next day it's on
A sit on with durin practice a help ya as much as a can ya definitely
Be hooked after one descent run round

driftfan
10-04-12, 19:44
@ driftfan Ya not b spoiling anyones day lad was boys there yesterday doing
Twining for the first time coming back to the start line with a smile
From ear to ear loving every second of it ya need ta stop worrying
And jus get to a drift day sure get to Aghadowey the next day it's on
A sit on with durin practice a help ya as much as a can ya definitely
Be hooked after one descent run round

yeah cheers ill try and get stuff sorted for then :)

m3con
10-04-12, 20:18
practice or competition?

should be no probs

Na competition next practice prob be a private day for
Us ta sort out the new track when it opens

Mac_C
10-04-12, 20:40
cheers con :) i just want to get me confidence up on track first before i go out and spoil everyones day by getting in there way etc lol.

Get the car down to the track lad , ya wont be spoiling anyones day !

Every drifter had to start at the beginning and remembers what its like starting out . Im not at it long either about a yr if that .

All the people ive met in drifting so far are dead sound and very helpfull , plenty of lads will sit on with ya including myself to help ya get the basics and build your confidence .

We are trying to get more new blood like yourself into drifting all the time to help the sport grow so dont be one bit afraid to land with your car , thats what these days are all about !

Even on these competion days if you dont want to enter the comp yeat , their is practice before and after it where everyone is welcome pro and novice alike !

Hope to see ya with the car at the next one bud :cool:

driftfan
10-04-12, 21:03
Get the car down to the track lad , ya wont be spoiling anyones day !

Every drifter had to start at the beginning and remembers what its like starting out . Im not at it long either about a yr if that .

All the people ive met in drifting so far are dead sound and very helpfull , plenty of lads will sit on with ya including myself to help ya get the basics and build your confidence .

We are trying to get more new blood like yourself into drifting all the time to help the sport grow so dont be one bit afraid to land with your car , thats what these days are all about !

Even on these competion days if you dont want to enter the comp yeat , their is practice before and after it where everyone is welcome pro and novice alike !

Hope to see ya with the car at the next one bud :cool:

yeah cheers lad, you would be more than welcome to give me a few tips but im gonna let my da give me a couple of basic pointers on my first day out then youns ones can give me a few aswel :)

ill deff try and get up for the next one but ill see what happens :)

jonny514mcl
10-04-12, 21:35
@driftfan get the car down and do as you please, you pay your money at the gate same as everyone else so you entitled to your share of the track, as of yesterday id never entered a track drift day and id say one of those people con was describing as comming bact to the startline with a smile on there face was me, loved every minute of it even had a smile when i got beat lmfao

jasy d
10-04-12, 21:53
looked and sounded like a good day! con the 20th sounds lik a plan for me to get the finger out and get the car down for a slide havent been out since castlefinn last september so count me in :)

karglass
10-04-12, 22:29
cant believe that i missed this feckin van,sounds good for the 20th day after the nw200 ,good weekend

leeK9
11-04-12, 00:41
day went very well, con and crew put in a lot of effort and it shows

these events are going to get bigger and bigger

just compiling a few video's together into a promo video for the competition

ill start a new thread for it when im finished

its nothing fancy as i only had about 20 minutes of actual footage from the morning practice session then i had to head home due to work commitments FTL

m3con
11-04-12, 20:39
NI Drift Series | 9th April 2012 | Part 1 [HD] - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4ken1b9WlM) another wee vid

andyrob
11-04-12, 21:03
gud day lads, wel done, cant wait t the next one, hopefully have a diff nd aloka skiddn wheels gatherd up for the 14 by then

karglass
11-04-12, 23:13
hi con ,i see ur boy never got the back window fixed since the last day

m3con
12-04-12, 00:10
lol u dont miss much didnt get it sorted in time usual story last minute.com

Flyinfester
12-04-12, 19:55
Ripping that i missed this,will have coilovers and it set up for the next one.

Joliet Jake
12-04-12, 23:41
Thanks lad sorry for throwing ya in at the deepend by sending u out twining
I know ur not long at drifting but you done very well

Cheers Con, its good to get a push to try harder. I think it took me four goes to get round twinning without spinning out :o but after that I loved it.

Looking forward to the next event, if I can make it i'll be there.

Joliet Jake
13-04-12, 00:12
Anyone who hasnt drifted before and is thinking of going, just go and give it a try. Its great craic and these guys will help you with passenger runs etc as they did with me on my first day.

Everyone is made feel very welcome and encouraged to get in the middle of it.

percy
14-04-12, 20:07
great first day at eglinton for me track was real fun to drive and plenty o track time too well organized as well lads look forward to the next one

Mac_C
15-04-12, 09:11
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FAjTNKuaw0&feature=youtu.be

jasy d
15-04-12, 09:59
Cool Video Mac C love the wee clip off the tyres at 1min.11 lol :)

Mac_C
15-04-12, 14:13
Cheers lad was the ole fela done the video .

LOL cut that one a bit fine alright :D

Fine driving from con to avoid me !

m3con
15-04-12, 23:16
Lol was a near one alright class vid some very good driving on show

baxterlad
25-04-12, 17:12
Good day crack now was first time out in car aswell but looking forward to Saturday :)